Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) - Jobs/Vacancies (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) (122385 Views)

Apply For Total E&p Nigeria Limited Young Graduate Program 2015 / Airtel Graduate Trainee 2015/2016 Online Test / Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee Program 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by walebatguy: 6:23pm On May 29, 2015
Hmm
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by chetaraph(m): 6:59pm On May 29, 2015
philfrey08:
I've been weeping since i finished the test.... im i this dull cry cry cry cry cry
Ewooooo
Airtel pls.... i hav your line, i recharge daily, use internet.. m
Bla bla bla...
I hope 20 wud b cutoff point.
Lol... jus sayin

boy o boy...u got my ribs cracking!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by henrisco82(m): 7:05pm On May 29, 2015
hope the cut off would be 20 too ooo or 25 cus i scored 26. wat was ur score.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by VolturiLord: 10:07pm On May 29, 2015
I didn't do the untitled quiz, is that a deal breaker?
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Olutola88(m): 12:00am On May 30, 2015
VolturiLord:
I didn't do the untitled quiz, is that a deal breaker?
I don't see any deal breaker here! The mail stated that applicants should take the section B test which is to last for 12minutes. If I were the examiner, I would disqualify any applicant that takes the untitled test cos that's what my primary school Teacher called ITK(I Too Know) and my Warri brothers call it OverSabi
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Mintek: 12:19am On May 30, 2015
Olutola88:
I don't see any deal breaker here! The mail stated that applicants should take the section B test which is to last for 12minutes. If I were the examiner, I would disqualify any applicant that takes the untitled test cos that's what my primary school Teacher called ITK(I Too Know) and my Warri brothers call it OverSabi

If I were Airtel I would rather disqualify those who did not take the second quiz for failing to take INITIATIVE!

Most employers nowadays detest docile employees who wait all the time to be told what to do.

Future biz leaders (as sought by airtel) are supposed to be smart out-of-the-box thinkers who can reason and act independently.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Olutola88(m): 1:08am On May 30, 2015
Mintek:

If I were Airtel I would rather disqualify those who did not take the second quiz for failing to take INITIATIVE!

Most employers nowadays detest docile employees who wait all the time to be told what to do.

Future biz leaders (as sought by airtel) are supposed to be smart out-of-the-box thinkers who can reason and act independently.

You will do 3 things for me:

1. Learn the difference between using one's Initiative and perpetuating the "I Too Know" habit

2. Learn the importance of strictly following examination instructions (especially when instructions are in print)

3. Kindly post the content of the mail you received from Airtel

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Nobody: 3:57am On May 30, 2015
Olutola88:

1. Learn the difference between using one's Initiative and perpetuating the "I Too Know" habit

2. Learn the importance of strictly following examination instructions (especially when instructions are in print)

This has nothing to do with "I too know" why do you think the untitled quiz was there? Do they tell us anything about it? No. It's all bout initiative. Can you do the right thing without being told? That's what they are testing. Well am not banking on it as the main deal to proceed to next stage, but am sure it was there for a reason

1 Like

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by jony247(m): 6:09am On May 30, 2015
There was no instruction not to answer the untitled test. If there was a problem in the company and it isn't your jurisdiction e.g fire outbreak would you wait for HSE department to act or you would be decisive. Am not to decide for airtel tho. Just my opinion
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Qlock(m): 7:46am On May 30, 2015
jony247:
There was no instruction not to answer the untitled test. If there was a problem in the company and it isn't your jurisdiction e.g fire outbreak would you wait for HSE department to act or you would be decisive. Am not to decide for airtel tho. Just my opinion

There are well laid out instructions by HSE departments on how to proceed during issues like fire outbreak which every one is expected to follow. Nevertheless, it is expected of you to use common sense (or to put it, personal initiative) to judge certain situations and take appropriate actions. However, it is worth mentioning that taking any action, personal initiative or otherwise that is out of line with clear directives is at your own peril. I'm sure this were the issue of the much talked about risk assessment comes to mind. If it goes well, you are a hero, if it doesn't ..... My point is, if there's no clearly defined instruction to take one but there is for another, then whoever is grading the assessment has no business with the former. Hence taking it or not should have no consequence. However, if it would help you get an insight into the latter, why no take it.#justsaying
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Mintek: 8:04am On May 30, 2015
Olutola88:

1. There's no such thing as: "I Too Know" in corporate/formal settings...it's completely alien. For your good information, ITK actually means "In The Know" NOT "I Too Know" (as used in Nigeria). It originated from the football circles and is used when referring to someone who's very close and privy to the affairs of a club.

2. The "instruction in print" DID NOT say you should attempt only Section B. It would be a different thing if it explicitly stated: "Attempt ONLY Section B". So, you wouldn't be flouting any instruction by taking the other quiz.

3. Sorry but I do not have the time for such things. You have a copy of the mail, don't you? Simply post it and analyze as it suits you.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Olutola88(m): 8:54am On May 30, 2015
helenmi:

This has nothing to do with "I too know" why do you think the untitled quiz was there? Do they tell us anything about it? No. It's all bout initiative. Can you do the right thing without being told? That's what they are testing. Well am not banking on it as the main deal to proceed to next stage, but am sure it was there for a reason
Don't get it twisted please! “Can you do the RIGHT thing without being told” is a wrong conclusion. Why should you conclude taking the untitled quiz is the “right” thing to do. Under examination conditions, Instructions are not for fancy! Why should you attempt an untitled quiz? A quiz that has no name! When all mails have been emphasizing you complete Section A and Section B. Doctor carry medication give you, dem write Paracetamol on top am (Doctor say make u use 2 tablets in the morning and two tablets in the night). You come reach house, meet anoda drug wey no get name inside the polythene bag wey Doctor give you, you carry dt wan sef swallow! Who prescribed the “no name” medication to you?

1 Like

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by lantessy(m): 8:58am On May 30, 2015
Olutola88:
Don't get it twisted please! “Can you do the RIGHT thing without being told” is a wrong conclusion. Why should you conclude taking the untitled quiz is the “right” thing to do. Under examination conditions, Instructions are not for fancy! Why should you attempt an untitled quiz? A quiz that has no name! When all mails have been emphasizing you complete Section A and Section B. Doctor carry medication give you, dem write Paracetamol on top am (Use 2 tablets in the morning and two tablets in the night). You come reach house, meet anoda drug wey no get name inside the polythene bag wey Doctor give you, you carry dt wan sef swallow! Who prescribed the “no name” medication to you?
Funny
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Olutola88(m): 9:07am On May 30, 2015
Mintek:

1. There's no such thing as: "I Too Know" in corporate/formal settings...it's completely alien. For your good information, ITK actually means "In The Know" NOT "I Too Know" (as used in Nigeria). It originated from the football circles and is used when referring to someone who's very close and privy to the affairs of a club.

2. The "instruction in print" DID NOT say you should attempt only Section B. It would be a different thing if it explicitly stated: "Attempt ONLY Section B". So, you wouldn't be flouting any instruction by taking the other quiz.

3. Sorry but I do not have the time for such things. You have a copy of the mail, don't you? Simply post it and analyze as it suits you.

Lmao! There's no such thing as “I Too Know” in the corporate setting. You have just decided to hide under an illogical umbrella, No problem! I believe you know there's something like “Adhering to/ Following instructions” in the formal setting( Especially for sensitive cases like examination). And when you fail to follow instructions or you do what you were not asked to do it is called “Goofing” in the “corporate/formal setting” as you called it
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Nobody: 9:10am On May 30, 2015
Abeg, can we stop this argument oh. Am just sure the quiz is there for a reason

1 Like

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Mintek: 9:16am On May 30, 2015
Olutola88:
Lmao! There's no such thing as “I Too Know” in the corporate setting. You have just decided to hide under an illogical umbrella, No problem! I believe you know there's something like “Adhering to/ Following instructions” in the formal setting( Especially for sensitive cases like examination). And when you fail to follow instructions or you do what you were not asked to do it is called “Goofing” in the “corporate/formal setting” as you called it

Noted sir.
I'm out of here...got better, more productive things to do with my Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by topeoyejide: 12:25pm On May 30, 2015
The next stage is next week......the suspense is too much, can't we just talk about how the career session is going to be. My cloth is already irond. Am prepared , enroute banana island next week. Proclamation

6 Likes

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by jony247(m): 1:02pm On May 30, 2015
Qlock:

There are well laid out instructions by HSE departments on how to proceed during issues like fire outbreak which every one is expected to follow. Nevertheless, it is expected of you to use common sense (or to put it, personal initiative) to judge certain situations and take appropriate actions. However, it is worth mentioning that taking any action, personal initiative or otherwise that is out of line with clear directives is at your own peril. I'm sure this were the issue of the much talked about risk assessment comes to mind. If it goes well, you are a hero, if it doesn't ..... My point is, if there's no clearly defined instruction to take one but there is for another, then whoever is grading the assessment has no business with the former. Hence taking it or not should have no consequence. However, if it would help you get an insight into the latter, why no take it.#justsaying
I pray they take you, you write up confirms that you didn't do the untitled test. I still think you should do it, since there was no instruction indicating that you shouldn't do it.
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by kachnov(m): 1:12pm On May 30, 2015
The untitled test,doing it will be a total disregard for laid down instructions,all the mails airtel has sent so far clearly reiterates the fact that the test is comprised of two sections A and B,will you now create a new section and call it C?.
Those of you ,talking bout corporate culture,its like saying the organizational structures should be neglected and employees should crisscross departments executing any job function they see ,because they're taking initiatives.Joor o

1 Like

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by crustypearl: 1:44pm On May 30, 2015
Youguys should calms down nor. In think the untitled one served as an example to the main test. Besides the questions still came out in section B of the test. The untitled was just to get you in the mood. My opinion though.
No need getting worked up so far you did section B which is the main thing. Till next week before we know the final outcome so let's just relax and hope for the best.
#noneedforhighbp#

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by topeoyejide: 1:45pm On May 30, 2015
About the quiz, what if its just like a practice question, the question resurface in section b. The truth is organizations has diffrent practice but am sure most of them take "initiative" and "adherence to intsruction" seriously. If you ignore the quiz, where is the place of initiative and if you neglect laid down instruction, you ll suffer the consequency alone. at the end, the least may be the best. Beloved, pls keep your hope up

1 Like

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by angeloralph: 2:11pm On May 30, 2015
I did not get any mail or link as regards the second online test from Airtel. What should i do please?
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by austein(m): 3:09pm On May 30, 2015
There is no need for all these arguement. The main concern here is that the moment anyone gets a success mail for the career session, pleease do communicate it here so that those that didn't get the mail should stop hoping cos it was stipulated there that ONLY successful candidates will be mailed the venue,date and time for the career session #thanks

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by jony247(m): 3:11pm On May 30, 2015
kachnov:
The untitled test,doing it will be a total disregard for laid down instructions,all the mails airtel has sent so far clearly reiterates the fact that the test is comprised of two sections A and B,will you now create a new section and call it C?.
Those of you ,talking bout corporate culture,its like saying the organizational structures should be neglected and employees should crisscross departments executing any job function they see ,because they're taking initiatives.Joor o
what was the title of the titled test? Section B? I think you are better than this sir. Chill for airtel to make their decisions.. Is number 2 section B?
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by jony247(m): 3:12pm On May 30, 2015
austein:
There is no need for all these arguement. The main concern here is that the moment anyone gets a success mail for the career session, pleease do communicate it here so that those that didn't get the mail should stop hoping cos it was stipulated there that ONLY successful candidates will be mailed the venue,date and time for the career session #thanks
the point exactly
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by jony247(m): 3:15pm On May 30, 2015
kachnov:
did airtel state that the titled test as section B?
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by patston(m): 3:42pm On May 30, 2015
I hear Lads trying to justify what they did in the Test... Supporting you decision with a constructive argument might not help in this case. The Mail from yesterday didn't tag the test as Section B, so Thinking outside the box would mean both are part of what makes up Section B(Common sense)My boss always says "cover all ends so as to minimize your risk to the minimum".... The fact that one test specifically carried the name Airtel blah blah blah makes it a wise choice to leave the secondary for the primary. My boss once told me "We don't work hard, we work smart" it's called efficiency. I think defending both sides of the argument is right,but let's not forget, Airtel still has the sole right to decide how they address the situation without being obligated to explain their approach.
Pray for what is to come. Dreams will be made, hearts will be disappointed and Future leaders will certainly emerge, Airtel or not.
It is never the end for anyone.

7 Likes

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by sadewodu(m): 7:55pm On May 30, 2015
Well noting ventured noting gained, life is all about risk, doing the untitiled test was taking a risk and if the risk pays off fine and if it doesn't life goes on!!! As far as am concerned various individuals with various orientations, some employers will condemn the act while some others will appreciate it. As 4 me I did it and I believe it doesn't have anything to do with the real airtel test. So watz gonna be is gonna be!!!!!
Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by memeguy: 8:48pm On May 30, 2015
pooljazy:
what is the faith of someone that got 50 in the untittled test

Christianity, Islam or Traditional religion.

6 Likes

Re: Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 30, 2015
memeguy:

Christianity, Islam or Traditional religion.

This is evil grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (37) (Reply)

2015 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Is Now On!!! / Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment September 2014 / Free Workforce Past Questions & Answers In PDF Format.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.