Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? (105975 Views)

Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. / How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone / How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
How much do you want ? cheesy
Just 500k.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Truckpusher(m): 11:38pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

Just 500k.
500k isn't 'just' .

That could be making about 250 gees if reinvested at a profit rate of 25 - 30% in the black capital market.

Damn ,you gotta work for this one. grin
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
500k isn't 'just' .

That could be making about 250 gees if reinvested at a profit rate of 25 - 30% in the black capital market.

Damn ,you gotta work for this one. grin
Work Like suck your balls?
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Truckpusher(m): 11:47pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

Work Like suck your balls?
That's not a job. angry

That's called 'pleasure' wink

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by bastien: 11:48pm On May 04, 2015
Well I just dey look oh, and most girls wey dey change dp anyhow na tecno fone them dey use oh
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
That's not a job. angry
That's called 'pleasure' wink
Then offer me d mudafucking job, I need some cash.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Truckpusher(m): 11:50pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

Then offer me d mudafucking job, I need some cash.
What's your CV like?

But wait a minute ,are you serious? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
What's your CV like?
But wait a minute ,are you serious? cheesy
Until I trek from Ikeja to Otuoke?
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Truckpusher(m): 11:59pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

Until I trek from Ikeja to Otuoke?
What kind of job are you looking at?

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 12:05am On May 05, 2015
Well said....very disgusting seeing a grown man taking selfie like a sissy and uploading it every second.. Don't you have something more important to do? I don't take such men serious. It shows all they care about is their looks. Imagine if such a man is married...smh
For the ladies and kids...I don't care..it's their world.
Changed my bbm display pics after so many weeks and everyone kept asking.....was your phone bad? Did you just fix it?

RickRichards:
Yes, it's your personal business, but most mature people rarely have time for DPs. I used to change my DP very often, but now with business and all, I only change it like once or twice a month. The urge to even change it is really non-existent these days. I also do not chat anymore. It's like if it ain't about money, you ain't saying nothing. That kinda thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 12:07am On May 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
What kind of job are you looking at?
Trucking job.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 12:11am On May 05, 2015
Well said!
InZA:

It's the little things that often feed the biggest wahala. A woman that changes her dp more than is necessary has her priorities misplaced, it's simply as simple as that and I don't want to marry a woman with misplaced priorities.

Trust me, I can't lose the woman meant for me because of my distaste for the habit of changing dps, because in the first place if she's meant for me, she wouldn't be changing dps as often as the word "change" was used in APC's campaign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Truckpusher(m): 1:10am On May 05, 2015
softysparky:

Trucking job.
Lol, Pm me then tongue
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Impulse80(m): 3:10am On May 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, I just gotta admit that the more we are think we know, the more we don't.

I'm at that phase where I am learning (kai! It's hard ehnangry) how to be wholly accepting of self, whether I wear fine clothings or not. Whether I make up or not.

More important I am learning how to ask, will I like him/them?
Instead of the stereotypical "will he/they like me?"
Sometimes I just marvel when I see your write-ups! Are you really a female Homo sapien?

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Impulse80(m): 3:13am On May 05, 2015
*clears throat* where is Rokia somebody? grin

5 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by cococandy(f): 4:20am On May 05, 2015
[b]I think the people with real issues are those that stalk other people's DPs to know when they've changed or not.

If you check someone's profile once and have a face to attach to the name, that's enough. (even though 99% of the time you may not remember the face when next you read the comment)
If you go clicking and re-clicking their profiles, Na you know wetin you dey find. Tell yourself the truth.

In ideal cases, a person must sound very smart and admirable for one to even bother to check their profile.

If you find yourself knowing when people change their DPs and how often they do, believe you have a problem and need to work on your stalking tendencies especially if it is on NL that DPs don't pop up in every post like Facebook or Instagram and you've to click on their profile all the time to know if there's a change or not.

I may change my profile like once a month or once in two months, but I don't consider myself more mature than one who changes everyday. Guess why? Because I don't care what they do with their pictures.

In fact time to change DP now grin[/b]

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by udysweet(f): 5:10am On May 05, 2015
In that case am guilty as charged,lol! But I do it to showcase different bead designs on my bbm so pple can see and show interest. Man must chop so I hv to show wat I do.
Oda times I see a dp dat. Carries a deep msg too n use

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:43am On May 05, 2015
I hardly take pictures of myself so I don't even have pictures to use as DP.
I'm too busy to even chat sef. Nowadays, I'll rather call if it's really urgent.

FB: since October
Whatsapp: since October
NL: since January
BBM: since yesterday. I've not used a personal picture there for about 2 months. No, 3.

I no even get plenty cloth to dey show.
Na wetin do Iyanya, now no cloth to snap with again. Na top.less, him dey do.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by CoCoLav(f): 7:06am On May 05, 2015
I agree with the busy people analysis although I never looked at it that way. Hmmn!

I change my dp once in like two months just so my contacts won't think my bbm is inactive and delete me. I also don't have time to be checking bbm updates to know who uploads dps regularly or not. Sometimes I might not even open my bbm app in days. There's just no time for that.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MizMyColi(f): 7:08am On May 05, 2015
cheesy
Impulse80:
Sometimes I just marvel when I see your write-ups! Are you really a female Homo sapien?

In flesh and bloodgrin
Thanks btw.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by mentorandfriend(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2015
I'm very careful about faceless people on a faceless forum. Here on nairaland, I observe that it is usually faceless people without display pictures that are the most vulgar, most insultive, lacking any sense of decorum. Some even hide behind pics of celebrities or outright cartoon images while they unleash their sauciness, cockiness and hatred on every meaningful thread.

So what do I do? Here on nairaland, when a person quotes me with an intention to brew up an e-brawl, I immediately check his/her dp. Once that person is not represented on his/her dp, I ignore the hater/pretender. I only engage people who are bold enough to show me what they look like. To me, nothing beats seeing who I'm communicating with.

I apply the same rule on facebook where I have a large number of facebook friends. I will never accept a friend request from anyone who has no profile picture, because they are the ones who bash your updates, bash your pictures uploads. They do it wearing the mask of no profile picture. They never have a kind word for you. Once you receive notification that such a person commented on any of your post, your heart skips a beat first.grin

So I see nothing wrong in someone having his/her picture on display, and I also cant say that those who change their dps often are immature. I only know a mature person when he/she talks/comments or when we engage in a discourse.

Shikena!

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Macmilla(m): 9:03am On May 05, 2015
Very soon, I will be called immature and insecure for changing my clothes everyday.

Pathetic Nigerians

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by tolutweety(m): 9:40am On May 05, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
I hardly take pictures of myself so I don't even have pictures to use as DP.
I'm too busy to even chat sef. Nowadays, I'll rather call if it's really urgent.

FB: since October
Whatsapp: since October
NL: since January
BBM: since yesterday. I've not used a personal picture there for about 2 months. No, 3.

I no even get plenty cloth to dey show.
Na wetin do Iyanya, now no cloth to snap with again. Na top.less, him dey do.

grin grin

Cloth i no get.
Pictures i don't take,the small ones I manage take sef na for my fone ONLY.

NO TIME for chats n calls, except very urgent and important. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:01am On May 05, 2015
I do it alot. Whatever the upper house decides is fine... Waiting...

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:01am On May 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

I asked google...here's what she told me.

The frequent DP changers

"People who keep on changing their profile pictures are insecure, lack in confidence and are often very flippant in their decisions. Such people are also found to be suspicious and don't trust others easily. Some even show traits of split personality and always remain dissatisfied with their decisions," said psychologist Amool Ranjan. "This trait shows that a person is suffering from identity crisis and actually wants to explore himself in the views of others. They are also attention seekers," said another psychologist Kaptan Singh Sengar.

Those with pictures of celebrities

Said Ranjan, "It shows that the person is carefree. Such people like to idolize others and are not too successful in life. They are not confident and often seek other's opinions. They are introvert and are hesitant in disclosing their personal matters." Sengar added, "Usually such individuals' world is very limited. Their desire and wishes remain hidden somewhere deep within. By uploading someone else's picture, they feel projected. They are dreamers and like to remain in the fantasy world."

Those who upload intimate photos

"Such people are usually attention seekers and are insecure in their relationships. They suffer from inferiority complex. To conceal it, they try and be more expressive," shared Ranjan. Said Sengar, "This behaviour shows sheer immaturity and urge to seek attention. Such people lack in self esteem and can hardly be trustworthy in relationships. It also shows that they have suffered setback in relationships at some point of their lives."

Users of slang in status messages

Said Ranjan, "They are frustrated souls who have faced lots of failures and criticism in life. So to compensate that they hurt others by being offensive. They might be weak in their communication skills. They try and make it up by being offensive." Another psychologist, Suprakash Chaudhary said, "It shows the amount of failure they have faced in life. To make up for it, they use social media as the medium to abuse masses at one go without being subjected to legal proceedings."

Frequent status message changers

"In a bid to sound expressive and extrovert, people keep on updating their status messages. Sometimes they even end up revealing their private lives. But it just shows how much of an inferiority complex the person has. In such a case, the views of others matter more and that shows a lack of self-confidence. Such people are weak in their judgmental abilities. They can never stick to their decisions," said Ranjan. Chaudhary said this trait can be seen as part of being defensive. "Such people believe in saying more but end up doing little. They are bad adjudicators," he said.

Those always on busy mode

Said Ranjan, "Some people do it purposely. But when it becomes a habit, it shows a person's social withdrawal symptoms. They don't want to interact with people or are only concerned about their own interests." On this trait, Chaudhary said, "Such netizens don't need society's approval. They are not bothered about rules and regulation and live life on their terms. But sometimes the continued ignorance may lead to depression."

Gothic art as DP

Said Ranjan, "Such people are complex and mysterious. It's very difficult to understand them and that's what they enjoy. They are reserved and don't share too much with people. They try to solve their problems themselves." Sengar agreed, saying, "Though the person might be perfectly alright, they always feel they aren't well. These people are concerned about their physical appearances. That's the reason they often find faults with their health."

This is a load of crap

3 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by xynerise: 10:02am On May 05, 2015
That reminds me. Let me even change my DP
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:02am On May 05, 2015
Macmilla:
Very soon, I will be called immature and insecure for changing my clothes everyday.

Pathetic Nigerians

Must you generalise? Am not pained, I Am concerned

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by 0b1nna: 10:02am On May 05, 2015
Man, phuck all that talk about forgeting to change your dp depicting you as a mature person! If leaving your dp on for a month makes you happy, then by all means go right ahead and do so. But don't use your supposed standards/benchmark for maturity on other people because you have no idea what their story/journey is all about. Some people derive joy/happiness from changing their dp's, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's their point of view/opinion.
Opinions are like A-holes, everybody is entitled to/has one. Peace!

6 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by holluwai(m): 10:03am On May 05, 2015
I do whatever I like whenever I like so no need to tag it at all, I'm just me. If I'm too busy there will be no time to change dp, how I handle change of dp on fb,whatsapp,Bbm has nothing to do with my level of maturity, could be my mood sometimes. wink

But I can never put my picture on NL.

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:05am On May 05, 2015
wallflower:

This is a load of crap

Five Dangote trailer load of it

6 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by internetpirate: 10:07am On May 05, 2015
It's a sign of narcissism!!! Self-love reflects ego, insecurity and other related psyche defects!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Football Manager Mobile 2016 Is Out!!!! / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.