Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? (105984 Views)

Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. / How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone / How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:07am On May 05, 2015
What is the meaning and aim of this thread?

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by femi4: 10:08am On May 05, 2015
Rokiatu on my mind, she love changing her nl dp like kilode. I can only imagine how frequent she changes her phone dp

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by amichaelz101(m): 10:08am On May 05, 2015
God jus bless the ladies with DP chngin
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by magabounce(m): 10:10am On May 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

I asked google...here's what she told me.

The frequent DP changers

"People who keep on changing their profile pictures are insecure, lack in confidence and are often very flippant in their decisions. Such people are also found to be suspicious and don't trust others easily. Some even show traits of split personality and always remain dissatisfied with their decisions," said psychologist Amool Ranjan. "This trait shows that a person is suffering from identity crisis and actually wants to explore himself in the views of others. They are also attention seekers," said another psychologist Kaptan Singh Sengar.

Those with pictures of celebrities

Said Ranjan, "It shows that the person is carefree. Such people like to idolize others and are not too successful in life. They are not confident and often seek other's opinions. They are introvert and are hesitant in disclosing their personal matters." Sengar added, "Usually such individuals' world is very limited. Their desire and wishes remain hidden somewhere deep within. By uploading someone else's picture, they feel projected. They are dreamers and like to remain in the fantasy world."

Those who upload intimate photos

"Such people are usually attention seekers and are insecure in their relationships. They suffer from inferiority complex. To conceal it, they try and be more expressive," shared Ranjan. Said Sengar, "This behaviour shows sheer immaturity and urge to seek attention. Such people lack in self esteem and can hardly be trustworthy in relationships. It also shows that they have suffered setback in relationships at some point of their lives."

Users of slang in status messages

Said Ranjan, "They are frustrated souls who have faced lots of failures and criticism in life. So to compensate that they hurt others by being offensive. They might be weak in their communication skills. They try and make it up by being offensive." Another psychologist, Suprakash Chaudhary said, "It shows the amount of failure they have faced in life. To make up for it, they use social media as the medium to abuse masses at one go without being subjected to legal proceedings."

Frequent status message changers

"In a bid to sound expressive and extrovert, people keep on updating their status messages. Sometimes they even end up revealing their private lives. But it just shows how much of an inferiority complex the person has. In such a case, the views of others matter more and that shows a lack of self-confidence. Such people are weak in their judgmental abilities. They can never stick to their decisions," said Ranjan. Chaudhary said this trait can be seen as part of being defensive. "Such people believe in saying more but end up doing little. They are bad adjudicators," he said.

Those always on busy mode

Said Ranjan, "Some people do it purposely. But when it becomes a habit, it shows a person's social withdrawal symptoms. They don't want to interact with people or are only concerned about their own interests." On this trait, Chaudhary said, "Such netizens don't need society's approval. They are not bothered about rules and regulation and live life on their terms. But sometimes the continued ignorance may lead to depression."

Gothic art as DP

Said Ranjan, "Such people are complex and mysterious. It's very difficult to understand them and that's what they enjoy. They are reserved and don't share too much with people. They try to solve their problems themselves." Sengar agreed, saying, "Though the person might be perfectly alright, they always feel they aren't well. These people are concerned about their physical appearances. That's the reason they often find faults with their health."
wadafq!!!! Datz sooo me

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:10am On May 05, 2015
RickRichards:
Yes, it's your personal business, but most mature people rarely have time for DPs. I used to change my DP very often, but now with business and all, I only change it like once or twice a month. The urge to even change it is really non-existent these days. I also do not chat anymore. It's like if it ain't about money, you ain't saying nothing. That kinda thing.
Right! tongue I mean the last statement grin
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by PRYCE(m): 10:11am On May 05, 2015
I think those who constantly change their DP's are textbook narcissists!

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:12am On May 05, 2015
femi4:
R.okiatu on my mind, she love changing her nl dp like kilode. I can only imagine how frequent she changes her phone dp
grin grin No offence roki, but this is funny
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Macmilla(m): 10:14am On May 05, 2015
PRYCE:
I think those who constantly change their DP's are textbook narcissists!
femi4:
Rokiatu on my mind, she love changing her nl dp like kilode. I can only imagine how frequent she changes her phone dp
Why don't you mind your business?
Freemanan:

Must you generalise? Am not pained, I Am concerned
I just don't understand some ppl.
The picture, mine.
The bbm id, mine.
The phone, mine.
The data, I paid for.
If I change my dp 100 times a day, whose business is it? Mine.
If I change it once a year, still my business.
Ppl should just learn to start minding their business.

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by LockDown69(m): 10:14am On May 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

The frequent DP changers

"People who keep on changing their profile pictures are insecure, lack in confidence and are often very flippant in their decisions. Such people are also found to be suspicious and don't trust others easily. Some even show traits of split personality and always remain dissatisfied with their decisions," said psychologist Amool Ranjan. "This trait shows that a person is suffering from identity crisis and actually wants to explore himself in the views of others. They are also attention seekers," said another psychologist Kaptan Singh Sengar.

Said Ranjan, "It shows that the person is carefree. Such people like to idolize others and are not too successful in life. They are not confident and often seek other's opinions. They are introvert and are hesitant in disclosing their personal matters." Sengar added, "Usually such individuals' world is very limited. Their desire and wishes remain hidden somewhere deep within. By uploading someone else's picture, they feel projected. They are dreamers and like to remain in the fantasy world."

"Such people are usually attention seekers and are insecure in their relationships. They suffer from inferiority complex. To conceal it, they try and be more expressive," shared Ranjan. Said Sengar, "This behaviour shows sheer immaturity and urge to seek attention. Such people lack in self esteem and can hardly be trustworthy in relationships. It also shows that they have suffered setback in relationships at some point of their lives."

Said Ranjan, "They are frustrated souls who have faced lots of failures and criticism in life. So to compensate that they hurt others by being offensive. They might be weak in their communication skills. They try and make it up by being offensive." Another psychologist, Suprakash Chaudhary said, "It shows the amount of failure they have faced in life. To make up for it, they use social media as the medium to abuse masses at one go without being subjected to legal proceedings."

"In a bid to sound expressive and extrovert, people keep on updating their status messages. Sometimes they even end up revealing their private lives. But it just shows how much of an inferiority complex the person has. In such a case, the views of others matter more and that shows a lack of self-confidence. Such people are weak in their judgmental abilities. They can never stick to their decisions," said Ranjan. Chaudhary said this trait can be seen as part of being defensive. "Such people believe in saying more but end up doing little. They are bad adjudicators," he said.

Said Ranjan, "Some people do it purposely. But when it becomes a habit, it shows a person's social withdrawal symptoms. They don't want to interact with people or are only concerned about their own interests." On this trait, Chaudhary said, "Such netizens don't need society's approval. They are not bothered about rules and regulation and live life on their terms. But sometimes the continued ignorance may lead to depression."

Gothic art as DP

Said Ranjan, "Such people are complex and mysterious. It's very difficult to understand them and that's what they enjoy. They are reserved and don't share too much with people. They try to solve their problems themselves." Sengar agreed, saying, "Though the person might be perfectly alright, they always feel they aren't well. These people are concerned about their physical appearances. That's the reason they often find faults with their health."

GBAM!!! Seconded.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by deebrain(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2015
I don't think so in all cases especially in your personal picture...

To a large extent, taking pic selfies (which end up being used as dps) is what aids in bring out your photogenic side.

Putting it on display will also help in dealing with the inner thoughts of "you are fine/you are horrible" which is mostly the root of being shy to take public pictures.

Unless it results in extreme behaviour cases then you can judge it as immature.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by gpovo(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
This topic alongside some memes has been trending on my bbm/whatsapp. It's fast becoming a trite cliche, people tag changing of display pictures with immaturity. It's common here on NL too.

Isn't one's display picture supposed to be his/her personal business or a means of self-expression/admiration? embarassed

What's your say?
Well as 4 my opinion, I tink its ur personal act not maturity, it totally depends on how u. Feel abt it, but to some extent, changing of DP's always is a way 2 show off dats y somme pple say its a sign of immaturity, like me I don't change mine 4 weeks not because its deliberate, but I don't even remember dat I have dose social outfits on my fone cos am busy....so its personal.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:19am On May 05, 2015
I only change my DP when i feel happy smiley, and it doesn't necessarily mean to impress someone or anything like that.

It could be anything, i will upload it, because it's my profile, and i can do anything i want with it.

It could be days, weeks or months.

5 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by 0ldirtybastard(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2015
Beamborla:
I don't even know where I fall. angry

I think those who are always changing their pictures are just obsessed with themselves and are in need of aproval

You don't fall in any of those, ms.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:20am On May 05, 2015
Macmilla:

The picture, mine.
The bbm id, mine.
The phone, mine.
The data, I paid for.

Business minded

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by bxcode(m): 10:22am On May 05, 2015
This topic is irrelevant! Maturity is measured by our actions and way of handling whatever life throws at us and not by some random picture stuff.

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by jadakiss213(m): 10:22am On May 05, 2015
softysparky:

My dp, my pictures, my profile, my business.

what am I supposed to do with all the pictures on my phone

What ever you know how to do, do it without caring with people would say. Write epistles, use smileys, flaunt nyash, flaunt boobi.....
As the spirit leads.
U fine small sha..But u dint flaunt anything now.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by redcliff: 10:23am On May 05, 2015
InZA:
A lady that changes dp regularly wouldn't make a good wife... Honestly, there's are many things I find unsettling about a lady that changes her dp every 30mins. One of such is the suggestion that she's a noise maker in real life.... and I can't stand a woman who makes noise. There's this drop living gorgeous lady on my bbm, I had been nursing the idea of sending her my application (if you think I'm talking about a job you're on a long thing). But I noticed this lady changes dp like every 30mins, I thought it was a one off thing so I was ready to let it slide, but later on I realized it was a habit.... Suffice to say, I used the application paper to wrap akara angry

At the very basic level excessive dp changing reeks of inferiority complex, I can say so because I used to deal with it too but mine was not dp changing, rather it was putting my "bbm songs" on so that my contacts could see what I was playing because I wanted them to validate my taste in good songs, more so because I played only christian songs. But later on, I just had to be truthful to myself.

MizMyColi.... Your honesty is a virtue worth celebrating... and as it's said in my church- I celebrate you smiley

I used to like to put my songs on display for others but it wasnt evem because i wanted to seek approval or something. I just want them to feel the songs im feeling too and also to know i have good taste in music (which i do and theres no disputing that) and about a woman changing her dp all the time, i may not find it much of a problem especially of she is a studwnt or something but what disgust me is someome who updates everything that happens to them in their display messages and guys who are change dps like women.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by femi4: 10:25am On May 05, 2015
Macmilla:

The picture, mine.
The bbm id, mine.
The phone, mine.
The data, I paid for.
you are my business... deal with it!

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by InZA: 10:26am On May 05, 2015
redcliff:

I used to like to put my songs on display for others but it wasnt evem because i wanted to seek approval or something. I just want them to feel the songs im feeling too and also to know i have good taste in music (which i do and theres no disputing that) and about a woman changing her dp all the time, i may not find it much of a problem especially of she is a studwnt or something but what disgust me is someome who updates everything that happens to them in their display messages and guys who are change dps like women.

I don't even know which set of guys to recommend for firing squad...Either guys that change their dps like women or guys that watch telemundo angry. May'be I'll just recommend the two of them sef.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by goldfish80(m): 10:28am On May 05, 2015
Any guy who changes his dp more than twice a day on bbm or whatsapp especially, should look right inside his pants to check if his dicck has turned to a vagina. On nairaland, I don't check people's dp, I don't know why I don't.

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MurphyInc(m): 10:29am On May 05, 2015
Yes ! Every matured and reasonable person shouldn't change DP every moment.changing your dp every minutes is act of immaturity,irresponsible and unreasonable cos:

Every grown ups should always engage their precious time doing something meaningful that will make them a better person.

They say time is money, why would you wanna spend a costly time changing your DP in every minutes when you have 1 million and 1 something do engage your mind on.

If you agree with me, Its only acceptable if you are a public figure, business owner and you using the medium as a form of advert.

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by femi4: 10:32am On May 05, 2015
Nneka123:
I only change my DP when i feel happy smiley, and it doesn't necessarily mean to impress someone or anything like that.

It could be anything, i will upload it, because it's my profile, and i can do anything i want with it.

It could be days, weeks or months.

My searchlight is on you
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MissIndependent(f): 10:35am On May 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

The frequent DP changers

Gothic art as DP

Please, I need a link to this writing I want to share it with friends...Thanks
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MizMyColi(f): 10:36am On May 05, 2015
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by fairygeh(f): 10:36am On May 05, 2015
When I just started using BBM in 2010,i used to change dp's frequently too.
But no time.for all that again
Btw I have someone on my BBM,my primary school teacher. Be like na curse them curse my teacher o,she snaps everyday and the funny thing is as early as 6 am, she's already changed dp for the day,she leaves her house early I guess.,snaps picture,uploads it and ,then changes it all through the the day again with different poses ,puts another up very early the next morning,and so on.....
Weekends are usually something else cos she must go to party every sat,from the moment she starts making up for the party till the party venue gangan,she go display am.
Damn,if no be say na my teacher before,i would have drew her attention to it.

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by afuye(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2015
Changing of DP: I am number one culprit and most guilty of it. But mind you, should I care about what others think or say about it. I work and fend for myself yet that does not make me lazy and immature. Dp is an expression of my innermost feelings and love for my image. If you are not comfortable, u either delete or block me! grin grin grin

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by bregeard(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2015
its a sign of idleness or joblessness.... a busy person won't av d time to keep changing dp everytime

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:41am On May 05, 2015
femi4:
My searchlight is on you
why?
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:44am On May 05, 2015
Well, I tink some people dont change their dp so that it"ll look as if there are busy or matured; some people dont wanna use their picture cos they wont want to be tagged "narcissistic";some people change their dp so as to portray they"re avn a good time,even when they"re not,some people just wanna mess wit the "monitoring spirits" that stalk and check out ut dp tryna decipher how well you"re doing in life and what mood you"re in,wilst silently wishing ill,some change dp cos the message on the dp's meant to be addressing som1 in their life or issue in their lives;.as for me,changing my dp's based strictly based on misinformation for all dem "monitoring dp spirits"...and when the time comes to misinform them...even if its a day,declared as "No-Changing-Dp-day"...i"ll change it,simply cos it's time to misinform "monitoring-dp-spirits....

3 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by femi4: 10:44am On May 05, 2015
Nneka123:
why?
Want to validate what you said about your reasons for chosen any particular dp
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:44am On May 05, 2015
it is not really any body's business if you are constantly changing your DP.

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by redcliff: 10:47am On May 05, 2015
InZA:

I don't even know which set of guys to recommend for firing squad...Either guys that change their dps like women or guys that watch telemundo angry. May'be I'll just recommend the two of them sef.

No o. That telemundo as a guy you would have watched it one time when it made so much sense back in the 2000s. But any guy watching it now should be executed grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Football Manager Mobile 2016 Is Out!!!! / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / Tecno D5 full Specifications and review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.