Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (54630 Views)

A Nairalander Visit To The Moremi Statue Of Liberty.(With Pictures ) / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt / My Visit To Olumirin Water Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by nairalady(f): 9:28am On May 05, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

YeAh... Igbos troop to yorubaland bcus there are a lot of money making opportunity there and you pple do not have the brain to figure it out. Anytime I travel to yorubaland I see a lot of money making opportunities wasting while most of u live in poverty.

Doing business in Igboland is so competitive bcus everybody has the brain... Unlike in yorubaland

U nailed it!!!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 9:28am On May 05, 2015
kernel504:

Since you can't afford to lose them now why asking them to go? Believe me you've not been to Igboland. We have oil in the five Igbo states, but they've not been exploited, so... We are on advantage.
A nation is made great by her human resources and management.

thank you so much. they dont know the whole of east is oil. we refused to exploit it for future purposes

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by GodMode: 9:34am On May 05, 2015
Wislet:
Now I see the level of education in the West and how you regard and address women.
Little wonder your women would give anything to be with Igbo men.

Have a good day

#won't reply an uncouth being#.

I like women.. I'm a lover.. All women are queens and princesses in my eyes... I don't belittle women...

But you can't know because you don't know me...
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by francizy(m): 9:38am On May 05, 2015
STEVENcrack:
The best time to enjoy a visit to any igbo land is during XMAS or NEW YEAR..u wud see how money is stoned..u wud see different masquerades .. So guys would even beg u to help dem spend dis money because its too much.

But on the other note igbos can play with your intelligence esp when u are note an igbo..dem go use ur brain finish and u go still Thank dem

LoL, bro you are far from the truth.. There's this business mind Igbos have such that what they do to a Yoruba man is same thing they do to Igbos. If an Igbo man sells a car $5,400 to a Yoruba man, he will sell same car for that amount or more to an Igbo man. If you speak Igbo to him, he will cut the price from the $6,000 he intended selling it to you and sell for $5,400 claiming that a Yoruba man just purchased same car from him at $6,200.

When it comes to business for an Igbo man, business remains business (no siblings/brother in his business place). But an Hausa man may sell a car for $5,400 to other tribes and sell same car for as low as $4,200 even if his gain is just $200.

A Yoruba man will sell $5,400 to others and sell for about $5,000 to another Yoruba man. So this is just the difference. Don't think because an Igbo man sold something costly to you, then he drops the price for another Igbo man..

I wish you can speak Igbo fluently so you make the findings yourself. You will be amazed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 9:41am On May 05, 2015
Fianze93:
The Yorubas know Kola, Hausas eat Kola, but (we) Igbos CELEBRATES Kola... It is like an Elephant to us, and you must recognise its presence, praise it, send wishes through it, break it and it must be eaten one bite at a time.

I had a problem with the kolanut thing while I was in the east , I detest kolanut and I can't just bring myself to eat it because of its bitter taste but I'd still accept kola any time I go visiting as it is a customary thing. I usually just collect it and stash it in my pockets to be thrown away at the appropriate time , on one of such visits my host and his family were hell bent on me eating the Kola in their presence with their probing stares , I just simply bit it in little chunks and swallowed it like that , still it's an experience I wouldn't miss for the world

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by somegirl1: 10:15am On May 05, 2015
zendy:
It is a very rare thing to find a Yoruba person in Igbo land. On the converse side,most Igbo men would have visited at least one Yoruba state or Lagos before the age of 20.

No surprise there, not when most high commissions and embassies are/ used to be located there and one has more choices of international flights from there.
First time I went to Lagos was to sort out travel documents. I couldn't understand the hype.
Only place I'd consider living in outside of the SE/SS is Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by opribo(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2015
All these Ibo girls marrying yorubo boys i hope they watch African magic Yoruba because whether they like it or not it is in their blood to marry multiple wives and once that happens jazz start flying around. You cant change that, its their way. Hoha.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by somegirl1: 10:30am On May 05, 2015
oneast:
Stop being stup1d. Nobody leaves Onitsha to Owerre for any nonsense. There is enough fun in Anambra particular in Awka and Onitsha. The only reason people stop for a minute in Owerre is because of the cheap imo prostitutes that are abound in that area and nothing more. Stop being silly.

An ironic comment given your handle. Aha gi kwesiri i bu "oneanambra".

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 10:35am On May 05, 2015
Okay
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Achilies(m): 10:35am On May 05, 2015
Op God bless u.
In truth most people don't know much about the South east and igbo land...

Most of there conclusions about we igbos comes from nollywood.

Just imagine people judging u base on what the see in a movie.

As for the mansions.
Op u never see something..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by sleekymag(m): 10:40am On May 05, 2015
Nice topic @ op. I did my NYSC in Anambra almost 10 years ago now. And i truly enjoyed every bit of my experience. Served in Oraifite, Ekwusigo LGA. Toured Onitsha, Oba (Projenny), Nnewi, Awka, Ihiala, Okija, Ozubulu, and so on. Though an Edo guy, but i really enjoyed my stay throughout. Some of my students (the school i served in) were crying when we were leaving, and even begged me to stay...lol. Got gifts too. Memorable experience, i must confess.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by shaboti: 10:42am On May 05, 2015
Lol. So ppl actually assess SE with conclusions fron nollywood?? shocked end shall never wonder

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by mekadinho(f): 10:46am On May 05, 2015
BUILDING HOUSES IN OUR HOME TOWN? WE IGBOS NO DEY JOKE WITH THAT OH... UR FIRST PRIDE AS A MAN IS UR HOUSE @ D VILLA.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Twistaray(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2015
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by frisby: 10:54am On May 05, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

YeAh... Igbos troop to yorubaland bcus there are a lot of money making opportunity there and you pple do not have the brain to figure it out. Anytime I travel to yorubaland I see a lot of money making opportunities wasting while most of u live in poverty.

Doing business in Igboland is so competitive bcus everybody has the brain... Unlike in yorubaland

I'm proudly IGBO,
But bro, i must admit I'm ashamed of your comment.
show some maturity and don't stoop to a fool's level.

Wisdom or folly is an individual thing. Not a tribe or even a national matter. Your post has just shown that there are indeed shallow minded Igbos. Please stop painting us in negative light.

Dear yoruba brothers,
I apologize on behalf any half brained comments from any of my kinsmen, there are lots of ignorant teenagers on nairaland who say things without consulting their common sense first.

Dear Kinsmen,
I beg you all to please try overcoming evil with Good.

It doesn't matter how good you are, there'll always be ignoramuses with no home training who will come to show the world that they actually came from broken homes, hence the shallowness and lack of manners. These ignorant few do not and should not represent the entirety of yorubafolk. So do not insult these good people because of the uncouth few.

Words and insults cannot change how wonderful we are. The truth is what it is, and it needs no defense. Don't even bother defending the IGBO tribe. Just appreciate good comments from those with actual grey matter in their heads and ignore the empty vessels and all their negative loud noise.

It baffles me how we are SOOO willing kiss the butts of the Whiteman but won't spare some love for our brothers who have been through thick and thin with us together in a country that has proven to give hell a run for its money.
Please let us not inherit the petty rivalry and shallow mindedness of our fathers. We are better educated and we should act it!

On a final note,
The igbo man is known for action, not many words. So stay true to your tribe and ignore negative comments.

DEAR SEUN,

You have a part to play in all these.
20 years from now, there will be young ones reading these very posts which will sow hatred and rivalry in their otherwise love-filled little hearts. So this doesn't just end with now, these are seeds with the potential to ruin a future Nigeria.

Thank you

You seem quite smart to me. So please device a way to minimize all of these for the sake of our children.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by jomoh: 11:04am On May 05, 2015
eaglechild:
This thread will soon catch fire.

This is an eye opener for the narrator.

I think the Swesterners are the least travelled in Southern Nigeria. Many of them. know nothing about life outside their region.

I will encourage them to try and explore the world outside their cocoon.

Thank goodness for NYSC.
It helps for some exposure though a little.

We have every thing we need here, that's why we hardly travel. Just like americans, they hardly travel outside their country.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by MrPresident1: 11:10am On May 05, 2015
Nigeria is really blessed as a country. The federating units of Nigeria are unique peoples whom if their collective potentials are harnessed together would really build a country of dreams. I have a word for the Igbo.

The Igbos must learn that no one is denigrating them, their culture promotes an individualistic, competitive and republican world view that encourages everyman to be the best he can be. This competitive and industrious spirit unfortunately cannot develop in the South East because the land is bad and the opportunities are few. Igbos have to move out of the South East to be able to express this competitive spirit. This culture is also very mean, as it looks down on men who do not 'have money' and favours men who 'have money' irrespective of source, and this is the prime reason many of Igbo youths adopt a get rich or die trying lifestyle, that favours crime and other criminal behaviours.

Also, as a result of the republican nature of the Igbo, they do not have any defined hierarchical social structures, any man can be king as long as he has means (money), good as this promotes competitive individualism, it also fosters a lack of rallying spirit that can create a united front to achieve any objectives as a unit of people. And Unity of purpose will always trounce individualism any day.

The Igbo are not superior to anyone, neither are they inferior to anyone. The Elders of Igboland should call for a values check amongst their people. Igbos need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them, the simple reason being that in a society that does not recognize traditional social hierarchical systems, there is bound to be a quick descent into the Hobbesian state, where life is nasty short and brutish. This will be the fate of Biafra. The realities of 'Igbo enwe Eze' will hit home starkly, perhaps irreversibly.

Igbos must learn to respect their hosts anywhere they find themselves!
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by McStoic(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2015
somegirl1:

An ironic comment given your handle. Aha gi kwesiri i bu "oneanambra".
Don't mind the Chino of a guy......no one is saying he shouldn't hate Imo state but bad mouthing the state any little chance he gets has plunged his sorry mind into a dementia of no return. The Ahizih of a replier was even foolishly cum condescendingly sounding brotherly to a mad man in a market place.....

Had this thread been about Imo state, he would have long sprayed his s.emen of innate immaturity on it, due to multiple orgasims he derives from stoking such flames.....God bless the OP. Am Igbo from Imo state and I feel more attuned with the likes of the poster anyday, anytime. I thank God I have adequate representation of friends from every part of Nigeria to make me appreciate and understand that one should not judge a book by it's cover. My best friends while growing up were from a good mixture of diverse ethnic groups in Nigeria and it will take more than wanton puerile rants from those on Nairaland who have never mingled outside their comfort ethnic zones to change that.

Oneeast aka Chino is a worse bloke to call your kinsman than a Yoruba, Hausa, Nupe, Idoma, Gwari et al who is unbiased towards you with sincere allusions..........When they say Igbos boast, it's rascals like him who are at forefront of that. May God deliver us from a Brutus who stabs you in the back than an Ignatius who shoots you from the front!!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Hero10001: 11:40am On May 05, 2015
OP, What food?! You called those jati-jati concortions food?! East looked like lagos to you?! You wan marry ibo gals?! All because of a visit?! You no well at all. Smh.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by somegirl1: 11:43am On May 05, 2015
McStoic:
Don't mind the Chino of a guy......no one is saying he shouldn't hate Imo state but bad mouthing the state any little chance he gets has plunged his sorry mind into a dementia of no return. The Ahizih of a replier was even foolishly cum condescendingly sounding brotherly to a mad man in a market place.....

Had this thread been about Imo state, he would have long sprayed his semen of innate immaturity on it, due to multiple orgasims he derives from stoking such flames.....God bless the OP. Am Igbo from Imo state and I feel more attuned with the likes of the poster anyday, anytime. I thanked God I have adequate representation of friends from every part of Nigeria to make me appreciate and understand that one should not judge a book by it's cover. My best friends while growing up were from a good mixture of diverse ethnic groups in Nigeria and it will take more than wanton puerile rants from those on Nairaland who have never mingled outside their comfort ethnic zones to change that.

Oneeast aka Chino is a worse bloke to call your kinsman than a Yoruba, Hausa, Nupe, Idoma, Gwari et al who is unbiased towards you with sincere allusions..........When they say Igbos boast, it's rascals like him who are at forefront of that. May God deliver us from a Brutus who stabs you in the back than an Ignatius who shoots you from the front!!

Ezi okwu nna.
O bu udi ihea na n'eme ka ndi ozo n'asi na anyi abughi otu.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by oneeast: 11:58am On May 05, 2015
Like I care what i.diots are thinking! Bring it on! Umu anu ofia..

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by omooba969(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2015
plusteam:
First time in my life I have seen a Yoruba saying something good about the Igbos

We r GOOD ppl & we say it as it is, only dat wen we say it some dnt find comfort in d truth; pain is all they find.

Once again, we r GOOD ppl. wink
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by McStoic(m): 12:14pm On May 05, 2015
oneeast:
Like I care what i.diots are thinking! Bring it on! Umu anu ofia..
Hohohohoho.....you are on a long thing boy. If you can bring shame to your parents is it strangers like us you will spare? God must punish the devil on your behalf. Just check out how he is leading you to self-destruction; destabilizing the plans God has for you.....SMH4U. Ndoo!
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by oneeast: 12:22pm On May 05, 2015
Sorry for yourself. I careless whether you and your likes exist. I am actually waiting for your gloves to go off. Clowns!

McStoic:
Hohohohoho.....you are on a long thing boy. If you can bring shame to your parents is it strangers like us you will spare? God must punish the devil on your behalf. Just check out how he is leading you to self-destruction; destabilizing the plans God has for you.....SMH4U. Ndoo!

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 05, 2015
frisby:

I'm proudly IGBO,
But bro, i must admit I'm ashamed of your comment.
show some maturity and don't stoop to a fool's level.

Wisdom or folly is an individual thing. Not a tribe or even a national matter. Your post has just shown that there are indeed shallow minded Igbos. Please stop painting us in negative light.

Dear yoruba brothers,
I apologize on behalf any half brained comments from any of my kinsmen, there are lots of ignorant teenagers on nairaland who say things without consulting their common sense first.

Dear Kinsmen,
I beg you all to please try overcoming evil with Good.

It doesn't matter how good you are, there'll always be ignoramuses with no home training who will come to show the world that they actually came from broken homes, hence the shallowness and lack of manners. These ignorant few do not and should not represent the entirety of yorubafolk. So do not insult these good people because of the uncouth few.

Words and insults cannot change how wonderful we are. The truth is what it is, and it needs no defense. Don't even bother defending the IGBO tribe. Just appreciate good comments from those with actual grey matter in their heads and ignore the empty vessels and all their negative loud noise.

It baffles me how we are SOOO willing kiss the butts of the Whiteman but won't spare some love for our brothers who have been through thick and thin with us together in a country that has proven to give hell a run for its money.
Please let us not inherit the petty rivalry and shallow mindedness of our fathers. We are better educated and we should act it!

On a final note,
The igbo man is known for action, not many words. So stay true to your tribe and ignore negative comments.

DEAR SEUN,

You have a part to play in all these.
20 years from now, there will be young ones reading these very posts which will sow hatred and rivalry in their otherwise love-filled little hearts. So this doesn't just end with now, these are seeds with the potential to ruin a future Nigeria.

Thank you

You seem quite smart to me. So please device a way to minimize all of these for the sake of our children.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by ahizih(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2015
McStoic:

Had this thread been about Imo state, he would have long sprayed his s.emen of innate immaturity on it, due to multiple orgasims he derives from stoking such flames.....God bless the OP. Am Igbo from Imo state and I feel more attuned with the likes of the poster anyday, anytime. I thank God I have adequate representation of friends from every part of Nigeria to make me appreciate and understand that one should not judge a book by it's cover. My best friends while growing up were from a good mixture of diverse ethnic groups in Nigeria and it will take more than wanton puerile rants from those on Nairaland who have never mingled outside their comfort ethnic zones to change that.

Here you are again,calling me foolish kwa! Chaii you guys are quite funny honestly. Anyway little do i know that the guy often get knot each time the mention imo,but also bear in mind that ' mmanu abuo ejila agbala ara otumgba' two wrongs cannot make a right bro. Am sorry that i called him my brother,but that's my nature,i believe my polite response ought to have taught him some morals by now. Let me also plead to you as well,biko don't use ill words like 'foolish' on people you don't know or have barely meet,it doesn't tell good of a gentle man. We are all one,have a wonderful day ahead.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Mikwus(f): 1:00pm On May 05, 2015
eaglechild:
This thread will soon catch fire.

This is an eye opener for the narrator.

I think the Swesterners are the least travelled in Southern Nigeria. Many of them. know nothing about life outside their region.

I will encourage them to try and explore the world outside their cocoon.

Thank goodness for NYSC.
It helps for some exposure though a little.

I couldn't agree more.

They are the[b] least traveled[/b] and the most to speak against other tribes.
You need to hear them talk in camp, you will feel so ashamed. Come to think of it, na only Lagos most of them sabi ooo. shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

Many of them still run back instead of using that one time opportunity(NYSC) to explore, they might never get the chance again, "who knows". wink
Just shows how shallow-minded they are undecided
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Mikwus(f): 1:00pm On May 05, 2015
saintfizzo:
When U look for the good in ur fellow man rather than looking for mistakes... life tastes a lot betta... it's fun crossing over to enjoy other cultures, tribalism wld only rob us the joy of sharing our diversity... thumbs up OP

On point
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Mikwus(f): 1:09pm On May 05, 2015
kernel504:

I've heard this quote a million and one times, and so... today l decided to reply the ignorance. The Chinese, Americans, Japanese, Germans don't come to Nigeria because we have better facilities or social amenities more than them, but they see opportunities in our ignorance, so don't ask the Igbo man why he's in Lagos. NOTE Why did you fight him not to go when he wanted to go?
Ten top world economy are exporters, they sell to others, not to themselves.
Don't behave like a child, Lagos is Yoruba land till tomorrow, but was developed by Nigerian common wealth.

Thank you for this

Sheer ignorance and nothing more.

Perhaps he's just so angry that a hard-working Igbo man married his girlfriend grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Mikwus(f): 1:16pm On May 05, 2015
francizy:

LoL, bro you are far from the truth.. There's this business mind Igbos have such that what they do to a Yoruba man is same thing they do to Igbos. If an Igbo man sells a car $5,400 to a Yoruba man, he will sell same car for that amount or more to an Igbo man. If you speak Igbo to him, he will cut the price from the $6,000 he intended selling it to you and sell for $5,400 claiming that a Yoruba man just purchased same car from him at $6,200.

When it comes to business for an Igbo man, business remains business (no siblings/brother in his business place). But an Hausa man may sell a car for $5,400 to other tribes and sell same car for as low as $4,200 even if his gain is just $200.

A Yoruba man will sell $5,400 to others and sell for about $5,000 to another Yoruba man. So this is just the difference. Don't think because an Igbo man sold something costly to you, then he drops the price for another Igbo man..

I wish you can speak Igbo fluently so you make the findings yourself. You will be amazed.

So true oo

I'm an entrepreneur, i no sabi brother or sister when it comes to my money ooo not to talk of friend
Friend ko, friend ni

So many misconceptions about easterners, get closer and find out for yourselves and stop living and breathing ignorance tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by guonno: 1:21pm On May 05, 2015
I feel embarrassed for the highly educated Yoruba boys to say things that even hausas and fulanis that we call illiterate cannot say. I have always respected hausas and fulanis, bc even if they can't communicate in good English, their reasoning is always deductive and logical. Show me another Yoruba town u have a lot of igbos like u do in Lagos? I have been to ogun, ondo, and Ekiti states, the number of igbos I saw there doing business is not more than the yorubas in awka doing mostly painting, pop, and building jobs. I have seen a lot of yorubas running insurance companies. U say yorubas don't travel, I grew up in delta, and I can comfortably tell u that 40 % of oil company workers are yorubas. Ok u yorubas can go to someones land and lead in extracting the oil in their soil, smearing their farms with oil, polluting their air with poisonous gas, but igbos cannot come to Lagos and do business. What annoys me most is that the real lagosians talk less about "igbos go back to ur place" the oba only played politics in his speech bc of d effect igbos would have created if the election was not rigs. Most yorubas that misbehave here are from other states. Funny enough, most of the yorubas hustling and begging on the street of lag are not lagosians. I gues u ondo people were happy wen fashola deported ur piple? If no then stop disturbing the igbos in their own country.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Twistaray(m): 1:22pm On May 05, 2015
Mikwus:

I couldn't agree more.

They are the[b] least traveled[/b] and the most to speak against other tribes.
You need to hear them talk in camp, you will feel so ashamed. Come to think of it, na only Lagos most of them sabi ooo. shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

Many of them still run back instead of using that one time opportunity(NYSC) to explore, they might never get the chance again, "who knows". wink
Just shows how shallow-minded they are undecided

When you people say yoruba don't travel did/do you mean to SE or worldwide?
Hmmm cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Karu Waterfall Abuja: Is This The Most Beautiful Waterfall In Nigeria? (Photos) / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park Night Views (Photos) / 7 Places You Must Visit As An Adult In Your Lifetime!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.