Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:37 AM

Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (54654 Views)

A Nairalander Visit To The Moremi Statue Of Liberty.(With Pictures ) / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt / My Visit To Olumirin Water Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by patrick89(m): 7:08pm On May 05, 2015
jomoh:

We have every thing we need here, that's why we hardly travel. Just like americans, they hardly travel outside their country.
mumu!! America is almost like WEST AFRICA! And people travel from one city to another. Traveling from lagos to anambra is like from newyork to chicago.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by jomoh: 7:59pm On May 05, 2015
patrick89:
mumu!! America is almost like WEST AFRICA! And people travel from one city to another. Traveling from lagos to anambra is like from newyork to chicago.

Ode. wats Your point exactly?
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Paentera(m): 8:48pm On May 05, 2015
Vikky014:
Corper so na you impregnant nkechi den

hmmmmm@ romances tongue

Ijeoma, Adanma & Chidinma actually. Chidinma came to leave with me in Lagos shortly after service cos she had no place to stay during her Law School, na so my folks chase her comot thinking there was something sinister going on between us. I was barely 22 then. grin grin grin

Oh, we're still in touch. tongue cool
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by olami234lekan(m): 9:11pm On May 05, 2015
This is my own experience.
Going to Obubra, Cross River from Osogbo Osun State for my NYSC. Now I was told when I got to Onitsha that there is no straight car to obubra and that I will have to board the but going to Ikom and drop along the way since ikom is ahead of Obubra. And I was lucky there are many corp member on the bus also going to the same obubra as myself there is also local man with us there that is going to the same place. To cut the story short we paid the driver #1650 each for fare from Onitsha to ikom and when we got to abakaliki the driver just enter one motor park and told us that's the end of the journey no refund, no change, no even plea that he can't take us to our destination. Some guys protest all to nothing. The people from the garage later told us that that's what they used to do in that place that there is nothing we can do about it. We later paid #1500 for car that took us to obubra. And that single incidence made me promise myself that I will not spend one month in Igboland till I leave this world. After spending three weeks at the nysc camp there I guess I still have one more day to spend there but am a dash that man from otuoke that one day.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Vikky014(f): 9:29pm On May 05, 2015
Paentera:

Ijeoma, Adanma & Chidinma actually. Chidinma came to leave with me in Lagos shortly after service cos she had no place to stay during her Law School, na so my folks chase her comot thinking there was something sinister going on between us. I was barely 22 then. grin grin grin

Oh, we're still in touch. tongue cool
lol. good one

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Lexusgs430: 11:50pm On May 05, 2015
@ least their Oba did not send you to the lagoon!!!!
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Ghost01(m): 12:28am On May 06, 2015
olami234lekan:
This is my own experience.
Going to Obubra, Cross River from Osogbo Osun State for my NYSC. Now I was told when I got to Onitsha that there is no straight car to obubra and that I will have to board the but going to Ikom and drop along the way since ikom is ahead of Obubra. And I was lucky there are many corp member on the bus also going to the same obubra as myself there is also local man with us there that is going to the same place. To cut the story short we paid the driver #1650 each for fare from Onitsha to ikom and when we got to abakaliki the driver just enter one motor park and told us that's the end of the journey no refund, no change, no even plea that he can't take us to our destination. Some guys protest all to nothing. The people from the garage later told us that that's what they used to do in that place that there is nothing we can do about it. We later paid #1500 for car that took us to obubra. And that single incidence made me promise myself that I will not spend one month in Igboland till I leave this world. After spending three weeks at the nysc camp there I guess I still have one more day to spend there but am a dash that man from otuoke that one day.
I made the trip to Obubra during my Youth Service days too. And the journey was an interesting one - crossing the river from Oferekpe to Obubra, and all that.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by soonest(f): 10:38pm On May 07, 2015
kernel504:

I've heard this quote a million and one times, and so... today l decided to reply the ignorance. The Chinese, Americans, Japanese, Germans don't come to Nigeria because we have better facilities or social amenities more than them, but they see opportunities in our ignorance, so don't ask the Igbo man why he's in Lagos. NOTE Why did you fight him not to go when he wanted to go?
Ten top world economy are exporters, they sell to others, not to themselves.
Don't behave like a child, Lagos is Yoruba land till tomorrow, but was developed by Nigerian common wealth.
I have noticed this lady or whatever it is. Igbo bashing is her oxygen, without it she will die
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by kernel504(m): 5:22pm On May 08, 2015
soonest:

I have noticed this lady or whatever it is. Igbo bashing is her oxygen, without it she will die

I don't hurl insults or bigotry remarks, l put haters in there place, with fact that will get them busted.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by jnrbayano(m): 10:28am On May 20, 2015
ideykwum:
I won't dignify you with a direct answer!! Search your heart and search your general conduct!

They say that a man must have a reputation that if he meets (the reputation) in the dark, he'd gladly shake hands with it! Hope you won't flee when you see yours?

The bold is very deep.

Wow! I'm saving it pronto.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by levelszik(m): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
realjoker:
wish unto others what you wish yourself. You are a slowpoke.
I was talking to ilekeh no u dimwit.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Bifwoli: 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
teeowl:
Another Igbo thread ***sighs*** when would this end?

Kpuchie onu.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by ibe003(m): 8:57am On Jun 28, 2015
igbo remains the best tribe
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by jnrbayano(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2015
ibe003:
igbo remains the best tribe in nigeria, that is why ever fedral government heard about biafra they will afraid becouse they know how the entity callled nigeria will look like if there is no igbos. lagos is what it is today is igbos, go to abuja the same thing. We are developers this is why you hardly see an old house in any village in igbo land. The real yourubas knows the truth but the idiot ones will still compete them selves with. some of them never even drop one trip of sand in their papa house. The full lagos doing nothing only agboro and omonile, owoda. First time i travel to ondo state i was shucked mud houses every were you hardly see a block house. I was thinking if this kinds of houses still exist in this civilized world. i cant remember when i see mud house last in my village. The problem with yourobas is tribalism and uncivilized. How can you be civilized if you can not work or relate with people from other tribe? This were i dislike yorubas even thier so called learned ones are like that tufiakwa

Be calm bro. No need for this.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Dkonyia: 10:54am On Jan 01, 2016
[i][/i]but he was not talking of the cosmopolitanism of Eastern cities. He was talking about the magnificent structures he saw on ground. *Missing the point #
handsometokunbo:

An Ibo guy who has spent all his life in South west is here denying his ancestral land by claiming to be a Yoruba man.

I wouldn't have disputed your submisdion if you had claimed that the Anambra you are talking about is in Ghana or Gambia.

I have been to Anambra, Abia and of course Enugu. Those places are nothing but glorified towns; the only exception is Enugu which look more contemporary than d rest. However, comparing Enugu and Anambra to any state in south west except Ekiti state is an insult to all modern and cosmopolitan cities around the world. Structurally, Honkg Kong is a beautiful country compare to old looking Britain but in the comity of nations around the world, Britain is far above d league of Hong kong(administrative ties with China though, permit me to state that cos I don't need lecture about that)

The rest of that region is nothing but shallow land filled up with 98% ibos. There's nothing cosmopolitan about the entire region and the reason why other Nigerians don't go there hit me instantly.

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by 2chik(f): 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
Calm down oh! distraught yoruba people on nairaland. The OP was only entitled to air his mind about the good things he knows about the Igbos. But as a result you jealous, greedy and bullying yorubas are distraught saying - He is yoruba and therefore should not speak the truth about the good things of the Igbos. It pains you all. But yes, he is Yoruba and its his choice to say what he wishes. And not surprising that out of the say 100+ comments from Yorubas, only two people preached about voicing out of factual opinions.

So in my small research I have concluded that the average Yoruba person is Jealous of the Igbo - OP only mentioned the good treatment, food, people and structures of Igbos and Igboland and you all are here burning up, quoting how Yorubas have it better.

I see the Average Yoruba person puts himself/herself in superiority contest with the Igbos. Calm down ok. Even if your people are richer/better, it does not mean other rich/better Igbos should not be mentioned. Too much jelousy and fear of competition is what I see here.

I see also that the average Yoruba person feels threatened by Igbo success and they wish that no Igbo is successful. They try to suppress Igbos from becoming successful. They want to be at the top without competition. They think if Igbos are given equal opportunities as yorubas to shine, they will outshine the Yorubas. Common yoruba people this tenseness is not good for your hearts, loosen up.

Mere mention of Ibo makes the average Yoruba person quiver - his/her thought goes: "Oh! They have come to outshine us. Lets be hostile to them"

I hail the OP. I never knew there were yorubas who have honest/unbiased assesment of Igbos like the OP. Most I know have inferiority complex which they shield with hostility towards the Igbo's.

Ordinary praising Igbos by OP have attracted all these competing and hateful comments. Shame on all of you Igbophobic Yorubas for the comments. Take care of those hateful/jealous Yoruba hearts of yours or they will fail you.

I believe if loving everyone until they prove to me otherwise. Stop stereotyping people!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

7 Places You Must Visit As An Adult In Your Lifetime! / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park Night Views (Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.