Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,103 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! (56614 Views)

15 Ways The World Has Changed In 100 Years / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] / Princess Adeola Ogunwusi: “How My Father Becoming Ooni Has Changed My Life” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by oseiwe(m): 6:39pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
38. Ikorodu expressway, Lagos (1970s)
chai!
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Environer: 6:50pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
20. Carter bridge street scene, Lagos Island (1950s)

So no be today brown roof start

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 07, 2015
God what happened to our good times. Naija. We can still enjoy this country.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by dom(m): 7:09pm On May 07, 2015
Number 23 was the old U.I gate. I met it. But it was dismantled around 99 or so by the 1968 set and a new one was constructed.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 07, 2015
Something is actually missing,

Can I view Hausa's world war brokers?
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Dcaliphate(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2015
bishop4APC:

This is better lagos with no miscreants from the east.

No 13 pic reminds of my mother in her youth days. Choi ladies of nowdays had successfully traded their pride for money.
*tribal bigot* alert #foolishness at its peak displayed.

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Chigold101(m): 7:45pm On May 07, 2015
spongeisback:

Seriously Why did you decide to fall your hands.This girls are on the 10 naira note. OP is right.
lolzzz... It is because you dont think outside the box that made you to believe that it is same girls you see in 10naira. Dont you know that i can arenge girls to take that kind of pictures.

Take a little walk into a photo studio, you might be a little surprised seeing so many pictures that dipict what we have in 10naira.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by xtgozie(m): 7:59pm On May 07, 2015
bishop4APC:

This is better lagos with no miscreants from the east.

No 13 pic reminds of my mother in her youth days. Choi ladies of nowdays had successfully traded their pride for money.

I guess like your sisters are now trading it to the miscreants from the east.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by chukyjones(m): 8:11pm On May 07, 2015
Tenim47:
Igbo's av been error since 1900.
C aw dix one pak bulet put 4 head

i no blame you
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 07, 2015
Ekiseme:
thinking the same thing
Gbam
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Legendoscar2: 8:37pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
14. A man and a lady on a motorcycle in Lagos Nigeria (1969)
Please note this is not okada or any commercial motorcycle.....this was a luxury ride.
They're are either a couple going out on Sunday to visit with friends or attend a community meeting.....etc

Good ol ' days grin cheesy
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Garrirevenge(f): 8:41pm On May 07, 2015
Ooh, nigeria my country, what has happened to thou.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 07, 2015
oyowo:

(Picture No. 9)True. No colored pictures then. That picture was in the 80s. I can see it clearly written grin
GOD bless u.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 07, 2015
Bollinger:

And why is it a lie?
So @ ur age nd level of reasoning,u can't know the difference btw 60s,70s and 80s pictures.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 07, 2015
sltn:
ehh post the real one na fool
Chai chai chai. U no get sense @ all.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Legendoscar2: 8:49pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
36. Mapo Hall, Mapo Hill Ibadan (1975)

No be today Ibadan don dey dorty sha lipsrsealed
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Sormeh: 9:45pm On May 07, 2015
phantonce:
This almost brought tears to my eyes shocked shocked shocked
Where did we get it wrong?
Same here my brother. Nigerian people really need to pause and reflect, fathom the bane of our derailment before pressing play now. We need our prosperous Nigeria back, honestly.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by OBB77(m): 9:46pm On May 07, 2015
Nostalgic
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by omonnakoda: 1:58am On May 08, 2015
But OYELMONEY STARTED IN 1973 naa
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by omonnakoda: 2:10am On May 08, 2015
oyowo:

(Picture No. 9)True. No colored pictures then. That picture was in the 80s. I can see it clearly written grin
Maybe it was in the 80s but coloured pictures were around e.g picture 20 clearly shows driving on the Left side of the road.
Coloured pictures have been around for more than 100 years even before Nigeria was created but were more expensive
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by chigoizie7(m): 2:21am On May 08, 2015
MKO4ever:
Fulanis dey enjoy oo

Those are the ladies on our. N10 note today
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by swisschris(m): 6:36am On May 08, 2015
@bogolobango go nd find who Is witching u from edo or Benin or one Yoruba land, ndigbos don't know of ur existence, we claim every where we go into, we are individual kings ,if ur hating pls go nd kiss oba ji akiolus old ass
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by swisschris(m): 6:38am On May 08, 2015
bogolobango:
@swisschris i ll leave for ogun nd i have my house ode oshi i was just trying to figure somethings u guys dont know that u are lagos developer lagos has been there b4 u lagoon people came here and when u leave, lagos will always be there so go to 3 mainland bridge where u belong
@bogolobango go nd find who Is witching u from edo or Benin or one Yoruba land, ndigbos don't know of ur existence, we claim every where we go into, we are individual kings ,if ur hating pls go nd kiss oba ji akiolus old ass
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by bogolobango(m): 7:58am On May 08, 2015
@swisschris u claim everywhere u go look at ur dirty mouth can someone claim ur so called anambra or imo enugu like dat go nd suck d dirty asss of ur silly igwe
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by honeric01(m): 8:29am On May 08, 2015
Icon4s:
16. African Visionary: Chief Festus Sam Okotie-Eboh – a Nigerian politician and former minister for finance (1919-1966)

See slave trade against his fellow black! angry angry angry
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by GODWINGODSON(m): 9:26am On May 08, 2015
Seeing this gets me nostalgic there are five things I know 1 God loves me 2 my mom is the thing that's happened to me 3 Life is useless if you don't leave an impact 4 the world is ruled by those who are loyal, humble, hard-working, respectful, and persevering 5 I love this great country Nigeria!!!
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by GODWINGODSON(m): 9:28am On May 08, 2015
Seeing this gets me nostalgic there are five things I know 1 God loves me 2 my mom is the best thing that's happened to me 3 Life is useless if you don't leave an impact 4 the world is ruled by those who are loyal, humble, hard-working, respectful, and persevering 5 I love this great country Nigeria!!!
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by arcdone(m): 10:20am On May 08, 2015
wow....am touch by this.is good to flashback to gone days
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Kenistry(m): 2:08pm On May 08, 2015
phantonce:
This almost brought tears to my eyes shocked shocked shocked
Where did we get it wrong?
Oyel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos / Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 / Emir Sanusi Drives Vintage Car To Dubar; Same As His Grand-father's In 1956

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.