Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? (1238 Views)

Is Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Planning To Run For Presidency Come 2019? See This (Pic) / Is Ngozi Okonjo Iwealla Still The Finance/ Coordinating Minister? / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by naijainfogalery: 12:09pm On May 06, 2015
I love and respect Ngozi Okonjo-iweala so much that i usually defend her but from the recent happenings, its obvious that Ngozi Okonjo-iweala is not telling us the truth, Ngozi Okonjo-iweala came here less than a month on the 16th of April to tell us that Nigeria isnt broke here is the topic on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/2261271/nigeria-not-broke-ngozi-okonjo-iweala then less than 15 days the same woman came and tell us that Nigeria is broke. I just saw it on CNBC and the woman is claiming Nigeria is broke.

So my question is could it be that this woman might have submitted to Jonathans careless way of spendings ??

Over to you guys, im afraid she lied to us , what do you guys think?
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 06, 2015
She never said Nigeria is broke @ OP....
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by naijainfogalery: 12:18pm On May 06, 2015
Please explain further cos i just saw the headline on that channel and got pretty confused
barcanista:
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 06, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Please explain further cos i just saw the headline on that channel and got pretty confused
The Headline is the interpretation of the publishing house (Channels). Any government that declares the country broke is simply passing vote of No confidence on itself.
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 06, 2015
"A broke state is nearly or an inch to being a failed state"
D statement above explains it more better, and nigeria is not a failed state and not close to being dat.
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by lolababe331e: 12:27pm On May 06, 2015
Certainly her reputation has been tainted. She watched all the looting that went on under this Government and kept on defending it.
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by midolian(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I love and respect Ngozi Okonjo-iweala so much that i usually defend her but from the recent happenings, its obvious that Ngozi Okonjo-iweala is not telling us the truth, Ngozi Okonjo-iweala came here less than a month on the 16th of April to tell us that Nigeria isnt broke here is the topic on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/2261271/nigeria-not-broke-ngozi-okonjo-iweala then less than 15 days the same woman came and tell us that Nigeria is broke. I just saw it on CNBC and the woman is claiming Nigeria is broke.

So my question is could it be that this woman might have submitted to Jonathans careless way of spendings ??

Don't mind her ..Don't mind the pple defending her either.. Pls tell me what this means if not that the country is broke.

In her words, [b]“As you know, I have been honest with you since the current economic problems started. I would like to repeat: we have serious challenges, things have been tough since the beginning of the year and they are likely to remain so till the end of the year. We have serious challenges but we also have strengths and if we do the right things we can keep a steady course and emerge out of the current situation.

“As a result of the 50 per cent decline in oil revenues, the country has faced a difficult cash crunch and the Federal Government has focused on keeping the economy stable and the government running through a series of measures. We have front-loaded the borrowing programme to manage the cash crunch in the economy.

“In January we had a deficit in terms of the money we had and the expenditure we had to carry out. So we had to borrow to add to what we had. In February, it was the same.

“In March, we were able to have more internally generated revenue that enabled us to offset but in April, we had to borrow to cover up some gap. This is how we have been managing the economy on a month-by-month basis.”[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Okonjo-Iweala3.jpg

1 Like

Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:38pm On May 06, 2015
naijainfogalery:

Your sense of judgment has been infected with propagandas and by gullibility.

The moment you start listening to people (especially on Nairaland and other social media) who think that they have opinion on every subject no matter their lack of credible information to contribute meaningfully than blowing hot-airs and seeking undue relevance from their targets, then you have a problem, which further escalates when you ponder over them without asking questions and seeking clarification.

Don't be deceived, the level of transparency NOI brought into the polity to curtail corruption is outstanding and her institution building prowess to check corruption is second to non.

You will soon understand when she is replaced.

Some think Nigeria is a family run by our parents or us as parents.

Most people are beginning to regret protesting against fuel subsidy removal in January, 2012 that earned NOI, DAM and GEJ the bad name and dislike of all times.

Only time will judge.

1 Like

Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by Jesusloveyou: 12:49pm On May 06, 2015
barcanista:
if nigeria is not broke,why borrowing to pay salary

1 Like

Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by dekdek: 12:50pm On May 06, 2015
She is both.
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by dekdek: 12:50pm On May 06, 2015
HOUSE OF REPS FUEL SUBSIDY PROBE: Farouk Lawan: what is Nigeria’s daily fuel consumption?

Diezieni: 52million Liters
NNPC: 35m liters
DPR: 43m liters
PPPRA: 24M liters
Okonjo: 40M liters

Farouk Lawan: What was the subsidy for 2011?
Diezieni: 1.4Trillion
Okonjo: 1.3Trillion
CBN: 1.7Trillion

Farouk Lawan: Can we have the KPMG REPORT?
Okonjo: I have to go through the report first
Diezieni: I have not seen the report

Farouk Lawan: What is the production capacity of our local refineries?’
NNPC: 30%
PPPRA: 20%
DPR: 13%
Diezieni: 15%

Farouk Lawan: Does Nigeria pay subsidy on locally refined Products?
Diezaini: it depends
NNPC: The lay man cannot understand how it’s done
PPPRA: yes
DPR: No

Farouk Lawan: Why is Kerosene still scarce?
Diezieni: Because its use by the aviation industry as aviation fuel
NNPC: Because there is no subsidy so NNPC overstretched its resources
PPPRA: it’s not properly deregulated

Farouk Lawan: what is the balance in the subsidy accounts?
Diezieni: it’s a virtual account
NNPC: There is no account in existence as the lay man will look at it
PPPRA: The account is a technical one
CBN: There is no account with us for subsidy
Okonjo: The account exists but not with a bank.
Hmmm, abracadabra, the more you see the less u understand!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:52pm On May 06, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
if nigeria is not broke,why borrowing to pay salary

One can't be broke when you have payment to receive in weeks due to credit sales of Nigerians crude oil and lots of assets you can dispose to bounce back.

It is a simple terminology it's often called shortfall in cash.
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by Jesusloveyou: 1:01pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
"A broke state is nearly or an inch to being a failed state"
D statement above explains it more better, and nigeria is not a failed state and not close to being dat.
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation
who is dis sheet that came out from that pig anus

2 Likes

Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by realtestament(m): 1:06pm On May 06, 2015
Make i hear say naija broke, wen only Akwa ibom is richer dan 3 countries....or is dis anoda strategy of moving our money
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by PassingShot(m): 1:12pm On May 06, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The moment you start listening to people (especially on Nairaland and other social media) who think that they have opinion on every subject no matter their lack of credible information to contribute meaningfully than blowing hot-airs and seeking undue relevance from their targets, then you have a problem, which further escalates when you ponder over them without asking questions and seeking clarification.

Don't be deceived, the level of transparency NOI brought into the polity to curtail corruption is outstanding and her institution building prowess to check corruption is second to non.

Most people are beginning to regret protesting against fuel subsidy removal in January, 2012 that earned NOI, DAM and GEJ the bad name and dislike of all times.

Only time will judge.

Despite the epistle, you failed to answer the OP's concern.

NOI is a scam and I believe she fronts for GEJ. Soon all their deals shall be revealed.
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by PassingShot(m): 1:19pm On May 06, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

One can't be broke when you have lots of assets you can dispose to bounce back.

It is a simple terminology

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

How can you say the bold? So because we have assets we can sell means we cannot be said to be broke?

Were those assets acquired so that they could be disposed when you have squandered your wealth?

Chai!!!
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by Jesusloveyou: 1:20pm On May 06, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

One can't be broke when you have lots of assets you can dispose to bounce back.

It is a simple terminology
for instance,if i have house and car,and i don't have money in my pocket,if u ask me money,i wil simply say 'i am broke' because i don't have money in pocket at d moment until i sale my car,which can take me a year to sale it,so because nigeria has oil without buyer,u said nigeria is not broke at d moment,by d time u finish drinking d oil,by then u wil know d meaning of ''broke''

1 Like

Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by PassingShot(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2015
NOI is a fraud and this fact will soon be revealed.
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:31pm On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

Despite the epistle, you failed to answer the OP's concern.

NOI is a scam and I believe she fronts for GEJ. Soon all their deals shall be revealed.

And you think your skewed opinions about her personality and stewardship count?

Stop deceiving yourself and running from one thread to another even when it's obvious you have no definite and in-depth idea/practical experience on the subject matter than theories or what search engines can offer.

The next administration will be better disposed to look into her activities to expose her secret dealings to Nigerians if any. Until then, stop this pointless and unnecessary conjectures.

1 Like

Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:42pm On May 06, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
for instance,if i have house and car,and i don't have money in my pocket,if u ask me money,i wil simply say 'i am broke' because i don't have money in pocket at d moment until i sale my car,which can take me a year to sale it,so because nigeria has oil without buyer,u said nigeria is not broke at d moment,by d time u finish drinking d oil,by then u wil know d meaning of ''broke''

PassingShot:

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

How can you say the bold? So because we have assets we can sell means we cannot be said to be broke?

Were those assets acquired so that they could be disposed when you have squandered your wealth?

Chai!!!

From the information we have, Nigeria sells some of her crude oil on credit and even with discount because of lack of buyers resulting from US boycott of Nigerian crude oil hence there are some delays in payments
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by mekaboy(m): 1:45pm On May 06, 2015
naijainfogalery:

She is neither corrupt or a liar. She never said Nigeria is broke. She explained that Nigeria is short of cash but the assets created by this administration is rich enough to sustain the country. Assets in terms of govt policies a d diversification of the economy in area of agriculture, manufacturing etc.
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by UyiIredia(m): 1:52pm On May 06, 2015
I think she's overwhelmed by the sheer volume of corruption and mismanagement in the country and confused because she doesn't know how to tackle it.
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:56pm On May 06, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Only time will judge.
Ngwakwe the pathetic liar!

Even though you failed to give a good response to the op, could you please give more light on the bold with verifiable facts?

Pastor Kumuyi must be disappointed in you. You can lie ehn!!!
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by PassingShot(m): 1:58pm On May 06, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

And you think your skewed opinions about her personality and stewardship count?

Stop deceiving yourself and running from one thread to another even when it's obvious you have no definite and in-depth idea/practical experience on the subject matter than theories or what search engines can offer.

The next administration will be better disposed to look into her activities to expose her secret dealings to Nigerians if any. Until then, stop this pointless and unnecessary conjectures.

I see that you like to dodge the bullet.

Do you expect me to restrict my contributions to a thread or you just talk for the sake of talking?

And what expert knowledge is required in discussing this particular topic?

Like I told you earlier, you always resort to appealing to emotions and blackmailing whenever you run out of points. Keep it up!
Re: Is Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Corrupt And A Liar? by naijainfogalery: 4:17pm On May 06, 2015
thanks for the explanation
mekaboy:

She is neither corrupt or a liar. She never said Nigeria is broke. She explained that Nigeria is short of cash but the assets created by this administration is rich enough to sustain the country. Assets in terms of govt policies a d diversification of the economy in area of agriculture, manufacturing etc.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Buhari And His Wife, Aisha As Newlyweds / Impeachment: Fayose, PDP Beg Buhari To Intervene / Lawyer Sues Isreal For Crucifying Jesus Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.