Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,029 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals (17535 Views)

Yoruba Boys Are Wavy !!!! / Similarity Between Bini And Igbo / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Kilode1: 12:18am On Sep 13, 2010
excanny:

Nah nah nah. I dont believe you. Be specific with proofs of such swagga and I'll give you scores of Igbo men wey such swagga dey over worry. Igbo men just have a different kind of swagga. You only need to do one thing- find out.

See advertisement!! grin grin

Carry on my Igbo brother. Nothing do you.

just treat my Yoruba sister right. Else juju go fire ya yansh cool

ihu oma diri my brotha smiley
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 13, 2010
excanny:

Nah nah nah. I dont believe you. Be specific with proofs of such swagga and I'll give you scores of Igbo men wey such swagga dey over worry. Igbo men just have a different kind of swagga. You only need to do one thing- find out.

Ok, you want me to find out Igbo swagga, but you're suggesting EzeUche? Seriously?
The only swagga he has is running his mouth and getting over cocky when it's not necessary.
And nahhhh, Yoruba men too much. . . .their only cons is polygamy.

Onlytruth:

I'm yet to see any woman from a different tribe that left an Igbo man after having a taste. In fact what I have even noticed is that once a woman has been with an Igbo man, she finds it EXTREMELY hard to look elsewhere. All her future lovers would likely be Igbo. And I mean women from ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD.

See over cockyness grin grin grin grin
Hehehe OnlyTruth shocked shocked
The thing about Igbo men is that they have sweet tongue, they'll sweet mouth you eh, you'll begin to doubt them. I've noticed that. But flattery gets you nowhere.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Onlytruth(m): 12:37am On Sep 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ok, you want me to find out Igbo swagga, but you're suggesting EzeUche? Seriously?
The only swagga he has is running his mouth and getting over cocky when it's not necessary.
And nahhhh, Yoruba men too much. . . .their only cons is polygamy.
See over cockyness  grin grin grin grin
Hehehe OnlyTruth  shocked shocked
The thing about Igbo men is that they have sweet tongue, they'll sweet mouth you eh, you'll begin to doubt them. I've noticed that. But flattery gets you nowhere.
grin
On a serious note, it is more than sweet tongue. I think the first thing is that an Igbo man would treat you like his own sister first. He will protect and defend your interests. He would see you as vulnerable and needing his care and protection. If he is rich, the better. If he is poor, he would die trying to earn a living to ensure his family is fine.

I think those attributes raises a woman's natural female instincts, and keeps her attracted to him. I don't wanna add his work rate in bed.  lipsrsealed grin
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 13, 2010
Onlytruth:

grin
On a serious note, it is more than sweet tongue. I think the first thing is that an Igbo man would treat you like his own sister first. He will protect and defend your interests. He would see you as vulnerable and needing his care and protection. If he is rich, the better. If he is poor, he would die trying to earn a living to ensure his family is fine.

I think those attributes raises a woman's natural female instincts, and keeps her attracted to him. I don't wanna add his work rate in bed.  lipsrsealed grin

From YOUR fingers, I believe you lol.
Actually I've heard this a lot about Igbo men. One of my friend, aunty toyin [not me], is engaged to one.

But still I cant imagine not speaking Yoruba with my man or sharing same culture. Different culture is not as "Nice" as ppl make it sound. It's difficult lol

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by EzeUche22(m): 2:09am On Sep 13, 2010
Igbo men are egotistical.

I will admit that. Igbo man with money. Na wa o! Even worse.

But one thing can be said about Igbo men is that we are entirely devoted to our families and we treat our women like queens.

And we are hard working.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by AloyEmeka5: 2:42am On Sep 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

But still I cant imagine not speaking Yoruba with my man or sharing same culture. Different culture is not as "Nice" as ppl make it sound. It's difficult lol

By the time you look for husband till 35, all these rules and regulations guiding your choice will be thrown out of the window.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by EzeUche22(m): 2:45am On Sep 13, 2010
I could care less who I marry. As long as she looks good.

My children will still be Igbo. And they will still speak Igbo and Ibibio.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by tpiah: 3:41am On Sep 13, 2010
I'm yet to see any woman from a different tribe that left an Igbo man after having a taste. In fact what I have even noticed is that once a woman has been with an Igbo man, she finds it EXTREMELY hard to look elsewhere. All her future lovers would likely be Igbo. And I mean women from ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD.

no biggie.

same is said of yoruba men.

it's just a thing with women.

men are the ones who would still want to be experimenting all over with different types of women even if they [the men] are geriatric.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 13, 2010
tpiah:

no biggie.

same is said of yoruba men.

it's just a thing with women.

men are the ones who would still want to be experimenting all over with different types of women even if they [the men] are geriatric.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by tpiah: 4:33am On Sep 13, 2010
and this:

In that case,concentrate on Osun men only. They are more likely to be faithful than any other men from Yorubaland.

is misinformation.

who will or wont cheat is largely dependent on personal values and environment, not necessarily state of origin.

admittedly, some areas are more prone to cheating than others, but generalization still doesnt always cut it.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by EzeUche22(m): 5:12am On Sep 13, 2010
Actually Igbo men are not known to be experimenting with other women.

Some of my family are amazed that I do not date Igbo women. Dated Yoruba, Efik, Ghanaian and a Cameroonian but no Igbo woman.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by excanny: 6:06am On Sep 13, 2010
An Igbo man always protects his woman with everything. If you find an Igbo couple with a new child, it's very common to see the man carrying the baby for his wife. How about that?
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Onlytruth(m): 6:48am On Sep 13, 2010
excanny:

An Igbo man always protects his woman with everything. If you find an Igbo couple with a new child, it's very common to see the man carrying the baby for his wife. How about that?

That is the point I've been trying to make but I don't think [b]tpiah [/b]understood me.

Of course men wander in relationships more than women, but my point is that I have met many non-Igbo women who never date other tribes after dating Igbo men. Even Akatas in particular who dated Igbo men before will ask your tribe before she decides to date you.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by tpiah: 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2010
excanny:

i've seen plenty of yoruba men carrying their baby. Especially overseas. The only way something like this would be a novelty is if it happened in nigeria.

Onlytruth:

That is the point I've been trying to make but I don't think [b]tpiah [/b]understood me.

Of course men wander in relationships more than women, but my point is that I have met many non-Igbo women who never date other tribes after dating Igbo men. Even Akatas in particular who dated Igbo men before will ask your tribe before she decides to date you.

it's a female thing.

they stick to what they're used to.

it's not tribe specific in the way you think.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by EzeUche22(m): 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2010
tpiah the defender of the Yoruba race against the Igbo hordes. lol
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by tpiah: 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2010
^^no need to make this tribal.

if you interacted more outside your comfort zone you'd know everything i said yourself.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by EzeUche22(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2010
tpiah:

^^no need to make this tribal.

if you interacted more outside your comfort zone you'd know everything i said yourself.

What do you mean? I only date outside my comfort zone. I have only dated one Igbo woman. The rest have been from other groups ESPECIALLY YORUBAS.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2010
EzeUche and his testimonies cry cry
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by AloyEmeka5: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2010
EzeUche22:

What do you mean? I only date outside my comfort zone. I have only dated one Igbo woman. The rest have been from other groups ESPECIALLY YORUBAS.

How possible is it for someone to pluck apples from the very tree he so much despise?. You surprise me sometimes, EzeGators. wink wink wink
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by AloyEmeka5: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2010
tpiah:

and this:

is misinformation.

who will or wont cheat is largely dependent on personal values and environment, not necessarily state of origin.

admittedly, some areas are more prone to cheating than others, but generalization still doesnt always cut it.

If it is true to a large extent that Yoruba men are the most randy among all ethnic groups in Nigeria, why do you doubt my assertion that Osun men are more cultured, neat and responsible among the whole Yoruba race?. It is a tribal thing and like I said before, stay away from the Yoruba tribe known as Egba because their men have 3 left balls in their scrotum.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by excanny: 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

If it is true to a large extent that Yoruba men are the most randy among all ethnic groups in Nigeria, why do you doubt my assertion that[b] Osun men are more cultured, neat and responsible among the whole Yoruba race?[/b]. It is a tribal thing and like I said before, stay away from the Yoruba tribe known as Egba because their men have 3 left balls in their scrotum.

Aloy.emeka

You are on your own. No matter how old a gorrilla is, he will still be sleeping on a tree.

But on a more serious note, it's not the entire osun, it's the Ijeshas. They are a good breed of Yorubas, only i cant vouch for them when its has to do with women.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2010
Very true post. But some men are controlled by their mother. I say, why not just marry your mother, plz.

I tell them, Grow some backbone, nitori Olorun.

But still, no matter how firm you are, some family members and relatives are relentless, very wicked.

I'm the first child also, if my brother brings home a woman I feel like is not "it", I'll chase her off. No jokes. Same with my sis.

So if your inlaws do the same to you, You would complain that the man is not man enough, he is a Mummy's boy of that the inlaws are witches, Yet what do you want the girl you chased away to think about you? Definitely she would sy you are a witch too, What goes around, comes around
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by tpiah: 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

If it is true to a large extent that Yoruba men are the most randy among all ethnic groups in Nigeria, why do you doubt my assertion that Osun men are more cultured, neat and responsible among the whole Yoruba race?. It is a tribal thing and like I said before, stay away from the Yoruba tribe known as Egba because their men have 3 left balls in their scrotum.

1. Yoruba men are NOT the randiest in nigeria, ok? Nigerian men are randy, period.

2. Are you dating an osun man and were you disappointed by an egba man because your aggro is very suspicious.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by tpiah: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2010
excanny:

Aloy.emeka

You are on your own. No matter how old a gorrilla is, he will still be sleeping on a tree.

But on a more serious note, it's not the entire osun, it's the Ijeshas. They are a good breed of Yorubas, only i cant vouch for them when its has to do with women.

you've obviously never met an osogbo man. Or any other yoruba men.

as far as[b] I[/b] know, the yoruba group known for the highest monogamy rate in the southwest are the ijebus. And that assumption is based on certain premises, one of which is the couple are both ijebu.

second, you must have somehow magically impressed your partner's relatives?

ondo men [from ondo town], also have a somewhat relatively high rate of monogamy once they decide to settle down. Especially if both parties are ondo but sometimes even if not.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Hauwa1: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2010
cool
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by excanny: 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2010
tpiah:

you've obviously never met an osogbo man. Or any other yoruba men.

as far as[b] I[/b] know, the yoruba group known for the highest monogamy rate in the southwest are the ijebus. And that assumption is based on certain premises, one of which is the couple are both ijebu.

second, you must have somehow magically impressed your partner's relatives?

ondo men [from ondo town], also have a somewhat relatively high rate of monogamy once they decide to settle down.

Did you just mentioned Osogbo and Ijebu? May i never met them. I know the types of Yorubas to hang around with and i've just told you.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by EzeUche22(m): 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2010
All I can say is that if an Igbo babe wants to marry a Yoruba man, she does so at her own risk.

She needs to prepare herself for his other wives and his family.

When you deal with an Igbo man, you know he will be faithful to you. Just worry about an Igbo man's mother.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2010
Dayo, you,re trying to make me sound unnecessarily evil.
If he/she does not fit the bill for my sis and bro, why should I let the charade go on?  And ofcourse what goes around comes around lol haven't you watched TERRIBLE SIN? Of course if she's alright, I wnt be difficult for the fun of it.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by Hauwa1: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2010
na wah for you o. Onye okwu ki bu?
shakes head in disbelief undecided

EzeUche22:

All I can say is that if an Igbo babe wants to marry a Yoruba man, she does so at her own risk.

She needs to prepare herself for his other wives and his family.

When you deal with an Igbo man, you know he will be faithful to you. Just worry about an Igbo man's mother.
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by tpiah: 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2010
excanny:

Did you just mentioned Osogbo and Ijebu? May i never met them. I know the types of Yorubas to hang around with and i've just told you.

are you trying to marry an Ijebu man or an osogbo man?

and I believe i mentioned one of the premises being if the couple are both ijebu?
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Dayo, you,re trying to make me sound unnecessarily evil.
If he/she does not fit the bill for my sis and bro, why should I let the charade go on? And ofcourse what goes around comes around lol haven't you watched TERRIBLE SIN? Of course if she's alright, I wnt be difficult for the fun of it.

Maybe your inlaws might be the of the same opinion about you.

Just the same way I feel about Daughter in law - Mother in law feuds. A lot can be resolved if both parties put themselves in the other persons shoes
Re: Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals by chika98: 2:09am On Sep 14, 2010
Men are men. They will cheat and do all sorts if they want to. These things aren't limited to tribe
or anything. Igbo men like to make noise about everything. . A good man is a good man and so is a wonderful family.
These things aren't tribe related. You all should be praying for God to give each and every one of you a man/woman
who will love, care and take care of you. . Also a family that will be nice enough to know their boundaries.
That is all. All the other talk here is rubbish and tribalistic because at the end of the day a man that will treat you like crap
will regardless of where he is from!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abeg Who Can Teach Me Ekiti? / How Are You - Is It A Rude Form Of Greeting? / Crazy But True Facts About Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.