Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived (59507 Views)

11 Most Influential Nigerian Women By Ovoko.com (Photos) / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria / 9 Most Influential Nigerian Politicians In 2015 - Takemetonaija.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 8:39am On May 09, 2015
jascon1:
wait o! U no day take alcohol?
no I don't do alchohol, I stopped about two years ago.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 8:40am On May 09, 2015
LoL This Thread Though. cheesy

Am I the only one that thinks Havenine and IanSweet' are twins if not the same person sef lol

They both registered same day, similar time spent online.

Bigoted twins.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by jascon1(m): 9:35am On May 09, 2015
chukwubuzor123:
oh, that's cool! Hope say u no won come tell me say u don born again na make am o. Lol

I do take alcohol, but occasionally in fact, hardly. I love me my wines.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 9:55am On May 09, 2015
Nowenuse:
Also, based on the 5 major human geographical divisions we have in Nigeria

The Core-northern part of Nigeria, the Middlebelt part, Eastern, Western & Niger deltan

Let's say Margaret Ekpo represents the Niger deltan region as an Ibibio
Ladi Kwali represents the Middlebelt region as a Gbagyi woman
& Funmilayo Kuti represents the Western (yoruba speaking region)

I'd like to hear from Igbos (easternerns) and the Hausa-fulanis (core-northernerns), who are the most influential Igbo & Hausa-fulani women that ever lived??
Queen Aminat of zaria
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by ianSweet(f): 11:45am On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
Pls guys there's nothing like the middle belt. What the constitution recognises is North Central. Point of correction. Igbos are not arrogant but they are a very successful people and you know success brings envy. We are not losing sleep over the presidency of Nigeria. It's only that we would have liked to be there not for ourselves because God has already blessed us but so we can bring our ingenuity to bear on the governance of this country and move the country to an enviable height so that the poor around us would benefit including igala people. The oil at ibaji is not yours until the court where the case has been lodged rules in your favour, which is doubtful. We are not even as oppressive as igalas otherwise why is it that no other tribe has has produced governor in kogi? You marginalise the ibiras, the kabas, basa, ogori magogo, etc. True or false. We like igala women because of their big asses. Infact they are usually heavily endowed fron and back, but don't count on pretty face. I may not garantee that one! That's where igbo women are better with no reference to iqs anyway. Another problem why igbo guys don't wonna marry them is because they are perceived to be fetish. My girlfriend is igala. Her name is Ojochona. She's very inteligent up to Igbo standard. She read a science course and graduated second best in her class with a CGPA above 4.3 and I can assure you that if you see her ass you will die right now. She has tribal marks but her's are simple and sexy. She's the embodiment of feminine sexuality. The problem is that my friends keep warning me to be careful with Igala girls cos they use charms a lot but I would always wonder what other charms can be more dangerous than the loads she has in her front and her back!

Silly mongo park. Igalas are fetish, but at least we dont eat human beigns like u igbo savages neither do we use our relatives for money rituals.
Go and marry ur igbo prostitute sisters and leave igala ladies alone.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by ianSweet(f): 11:47am On May 09, 2015
kaura5000:
Idiot do you know of queen amina?haha who is a slave to who hausa to fulani... you must be an idiot never a slave and master relationship between us because most of us comes from both heritage so we regard each other as partners when it comes to dominating you guyz.. queen amina who is hausa had been making you guyz slaves...and if not for your hypocrisy you would know that we in the north dont matter much about ethnicity like religion..idiot check governors ministers to see which tribe they are before you begun your hausa slave things, idiot check advance cultures what matters to them is how to assimilate and add people of diverse background to their cultures... haha even the fulaani you talk of are at most fulani by name..check the current vice president president of niger republic governors of kano,sokoto,zamfara,kaduna,katsina,niger and alot of them ministers speakers reps etc...

See where ur illiteracy has landed u?
Was Queen Amina of Zaria a Nigerian? at her time, was there any thing like a country Nigeria in existence?
We are talking about Nigerians and not one ancient Queen who knows nothing about Nigeria in her existence

4 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nowenuse: 12:01pm On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
And it's because her children are Ibibio (not Ibibio-Efik) that they have not achieved success like their Igbo mother. Their IQs have been downgraded. If Maggi had married an Igbo man their IQs would have been x2 of hers and they would have achieved notable success in life. I'm sure what her Ibibio children would be thinking about allthe time is how to eat dog pepper soup and chase women and men as the case may be. What a waste! Maggi why an Ibibio man?

U can see that ur foolishness knows no bounds.
If not for Margaret's Ibibio husband who introduced her into the parliament and politics, do u think she would have gone anywhere in life?

Margaret's igbo father people used their son for rituals or sacrifice as is common with igbo people but her strong efik mother stood by her and nurtured her into adulthood and it was such a shame that none of the father's relatives could come and take Margaret.

Talking about IQ, what hav the igbos used their high IQ to develop in Nigeria today? look at their cities like Onitsha, Aba, Awka, big mass of overcrowded dirty cities, go and look at calabar, its beauty and tell me if igbos can ever develop or maintain something like that in their lives.
Look at Akwa ibom is turning to a small london while states like Abia are regressing and no development.
Little wonder igbos migrate out of their cities en masse like refugees to seek assylum in other people's cities. Igbos have made a foolish show of themselves to the extent that the Oba of Lagos promised to drown them all in a Lagoon if Agbaje won.
wasted tribe with a wasted ego!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nowenuse: 12:09pm On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
Why did the writer write all Mrs Kuti's names and even Ladi Kwali's but intentionally ommitted Magrets middle name. I sense conspiracy!

Hahaha, Alaba market okrika seller.
Ladi Kwali's middle name DOSEI is her own native name. Ladi Kwali married a white man Cardew but she never even answered his name. Infact Kwali is the name of the town on FCT where Ladi hails from and she decided to answer the name of her father's town as surname cos she was very proud of her father's town.

Funmilayo was very proud of her paternal side and that was why she never threw away her father's name Ransome.

But Margaret Ekpo was probably very ashamed of her paternal roots and never identified with her father's name and that was why she only answered Ekpo and never added Obiasulor. What a shame!
This is what happens when a man from a very irresponsible family and tribe meets with a responsible woman, the child will always attach better to the mother's side.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by cheruv: 12:23pm On May 09, 2015
PreciousBro:
LoL This Thread Though. cheesy

Am I the only one that thinks Havenine and IanSweet' are twins if not the same person sef lol

They both registered same day, similar time spent online.

Bigoted twins.
and they're both middlebelters with Igbo boyfriends cheesy cheesy
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by prettyeyo: 1:09pm On May 09, 2015
I've never turned the back of 20 naira to even notice anything! Yea great piece! I truly learne something new today!
letsbet:
Today i learn; the lady on the 20 naira note is Ladi Kwali

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by prettyeyo: 1:33pm On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
I am sure those days Ibibio people would be angry with their brother for marrying an Igbo woman. And during the struggle they would always say you see! Stupid domineering Igbo woman. We warned our brother not to marry her but he refused. I am sure it was they who warned the husband not to be part of her efforts as I am sure they would have pointed out that Igbo women are trouble makers.
Bia, do you even know anything about history? The ibibio-efik and ibos have been marrying themselves long as I remember. Akwaibom shares boundary with Abia state. Her husband gave her an opportunity to speak and be heard! Something a lot of Nigerian especially ibo men will not do! They would rather their wife becomes a full time house wife, bear children and warm their beds. So enough of all this Ibo this, Efik that, ibibio this!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NDPVF(m): 5:04pm On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
And it's because her children are Ibibio (not Ibibio-Efik) that they have not achieved success like their Igbo mother. Their IQs have been downgraded. If Maggi had married an Igbo man their IQs would have been x2 of hers and they would have achieved notable success in life. I'm sure what her Ibibio children would be thinking about allthe time is how to eat dog pepper soup and chase women and men as the case may be. What a waste! Maggi why an Ibibio man?
I wont take this lightly with you again.Be warned.This is insult to me and my people.

BTW,how did ibibio came into this?.Does that mean you dont know the diffrence btween Efik and Ibibio?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 5:42pm On May 09, 2015
NDPVF:
I wont take this lightly with you again.Be warned.This is insult to me and my people.

BTW,how did ibibio came into this?.Does that mean you dont know the diffrence btween Efik and Ibibio?

A lot of people don't know the difference eyen eka mi
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NDPVF(m): 5:45pm On May 09, 2015
somegirl1:

A lot of people don't know the difference eyen eka mi
no wahala,i forgive him. Edem mfo.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 5:58pm On May 09, 2015
chukwubuzor123:

Osong smiley
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:15am On May 10, 2015
ianSweet:

Silly mongo park. Igalas are fetish, but at least we dont eat human beigns like u igbo savages neither do we use our relatives for money rituals.
But why are you angry with me? Am I the person who taught Igala people fetishism? Instead of wasting your time shouting at me why don't you try to rehabilitate your people so they can embrace christianity proper. Or do you want me to marry a lady that would use Juju to prepare Okoyo soup for me? I repeat I am crazy about Igala girls because of their big asses and big bre asts and they can fu ck like dogs but that Juju thing is a problem!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:22am On May 10, 2015
NDPVF:

What are you talking about? Did Maggi not marry an Ibibio man? If she did does that not make her children Ibibio? Is dog pepper soup not the best delicacy of Ibibio people? And if Maggis children are Ibibio will dog pepper soup not be their everyday dream? And don't forget ogogoro and women. They go down well with dog pepper soup. So where is the insult. I am a very respectful person but I like to state facts the way they are. I can even bet you ate dog pepper soup today!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:31am On May 10, 2015
prettyeyo:
Bia, do you even know anything about history? The ibibio-efik and ibos have been marrying themselves long as I remember. Akwaibom shares boundary with Abia state. Her husband gave her an opportunity to speak and be heard! Something a lot of Nigerian especially ibo men will not do! They would rather their wife becomes a full time house wife, bear children and warm their beds. So enough of all this Ibo this, Efik that, ibibio this!
Pls there is nothing like Ibo unless you are referring to your tribe. My tribe is Igbo. Aha the Ibibio man who was Mr. Chicken heart put his wife in the war front while pretending to be a diligent medical doctor. The woman made herself period and she was our sister who lived all her life in Aba in the midst of people with high IQ where she tapped her inspiration from. If she lived in Ibibio land she would only have been recognised for eating the fatest dogs in Nigeria!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:36am On May 10, 2015
Nowenuse:

Hahaha, Alaba market okrika seller.
Ladi Kwali's middle name DOSEI is her own native name. Ladi Kwali married a white man Cardew but she never even answered his name. Infact Kwali is the name of the town on FCT where Ladi hails from and she decided to answer the name of her father's town as surname cos she was very proud of her father's town.

Funmilayo was very proud of her paternal side and that was why she never threw away her father's name Ransome.

But Margaret Ekpo was probably very ashamed of her paternal roots and never identified with her father's name and that was why she only answered Ekpo and never added Obiasulor. What a shame!
This is what happens when a man from a very irresponsible family and tribe meets with a responsible woman, the child will always attach better to the mother's side.
If you no dey fear me tell me your tribe so that I will be sure I am dealing with a Nigerian and not a robot
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:50am On May 10, 2015
Nowenuse:

U can see that ur foolishness knows no bounds.
If not for Margaret's Ibibio husband who introduced her into the parliament and politics, do u think she would have gone anywhere in life?

Margaret's igbo father people used their son for rituals or sacrifice as is common with igbo people but her strong efik mother stood by her and nurtured her into adulthood and it was such a shame that none of the father's relatives could come and take Margaret.

Talking about IQ, what hav the igbos used their high IQ to develop in Nigeria today? look at their cities like Onitsha, Aba, Awka, big mass of overcrowded dirty cities, go and look at calabar, its beauty and tell me if igbos can ever develop or maintain something like that in their lives.
Look at Akwa ibom is turning to a small london while states like Abia are regressing and no development.
Little wonder igbos migrate out of their cities en masse like refugees to seek assylum in other people's cities. Igbos have made a foolish show of themselves to the extent that the Oba of Lagos promised to drown them all in a Lagoon if Agbaje won.
wasted tribe with a wasted ego!
Too much dog meat is not good for the brain Accountant General of Nigeria warns! Pls Akwa Obosi Ibom, calabar are state capitals you shouldn't compare them with commercial Mega cities in Igboland even though they are as developed as those. Instead compare them with Enugu, Owerri, Umuahia, Awka and Abakaliki. Onitsha, Aba should be compared to Eket, Ikot Ekpene, etc. My duty is to educate you properly so you do not end up at people's gates or kitchens just like most of your people. Knowledge is power! Please heed the warning above and reduce your intake of dog meat. Goat meat is to mutton: dog meat is to 404! Am I right or left? Maggi nwanne nke muoooo!!!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 2:15am On May 10, 2015
Closedoor:

Must you always bring tribalism into everything. We have Dora, we have chimamanda adichie, we have ngozi iweala, we have mary anyali, chioma ajunwa, oluchi onweagba,.....do you want more?
I add Oby Ezekwesili, Arunma Oteh, Ndi okereke onyiuke, onyeka Onwuenu, Vegi Etiabba, Perpetual Nkwocha, 80% of all the Nollywood Divas etc.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 2:27am On May 10, 2015
ianSweet:

I will leave Igala girls alone if they leave big asses and big bre asts alone. End of story! But you are angry like you are one of those few unfortunate ones who have flat asses and flat bre asts. If that's the case sorryooo! God will provide! Perhaps in another life.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NDPVF(m): 6:33am On May 10, 2015
[s]
NZEGWUAGU:
What are you talking about? Did Maggi not marry an Ibibio man? If she did does that not make her children Ibibio? Is dog pepper soup not the best delicacy of Ibibio people? And if Maggis children are Ibibio will dog pepper soup not be their everyday dream? And don't forget ogogoro and women. They go down well with dog pepper soup. So where is the insult. I am a very respectful person but I like to state facts the way they are. I can even bet you ate dog pepper soup today!
[/s]Be warned.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Trypa(f): 7:59am On May 10, 2015
Please house am here to ask you guys for a favour please
VOTE TRYPA AS NEXT MISS NAIRALAND www.nairaland.com/trypa
Please am counting on you guys. Thanks
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by ianSweet(f): 12:21pm On May 10, 2015
cheruv:

and they're both middlebelters with Igbo boyfriends cheesy cheesy

U are sick! where did i ever say i had an igbo boyfriend? Only Havennie said dat.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by ianSweet(f): 12:23pm On May 10, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
I will leave Igala girls alone if they leave big asses and big bre asts alone. End of story! But you are angry like you are one of those few unfortunate ones who have flat asses and flat bre asts. If that's the case sorryooo! God will provide! Perhaps in another life.

Is it just me or that most igbos on nairaland are sickos?
Hopeless people.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by cheruv: 2:33pm On May 10, 2015
ianSweet:

U are sick! where did i ever say i had an igbo boyfriend? Only Havennie said dat.
anuohia zuzu pum nīhu oso oso!
I nu ihe gbasara Igbo maobu Biafra ahu amawa gi jijiji angry
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nowenuse: 4:32pm On May 10, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
Too much dog meat is not good for the brain Accountant General of Nigeria warns! Pls Akwa Obosi Ibom, calabar are state capitals you shouldn't compare them with commercial Mega cities in Igboland even though they are as developed as those. Instead compare them with Enugu, Owerri, Umuahia, Awka and Abakaliki. Onitsha, Aba should be compared to Eket, Ikot Ekpene, etc. My duty is to educate you properly so you do not end up at people's gates or kitchens just like most of your people. Knowledge is power! Please heed the warning above and reduce your intake of dog meat. Goat meat is to mutton: dog meat is to 404! Am I right or left? Maggi nwanne nke muoooo!!!

See this one,.what is inside Awka n Umuahia? b4 i started comparing Calabar with Aba or Onitsha, do u think i was dumb? we are comparing Largest cities, not caring if they are the state capitals or not.

Awka n Umuahia are absolutely enlarged villages and nothing else.
I am not even from Ibibio or Efik, but i grew up in the Niger deltan region, so am always proud to defend them anytime. I am from Jos.
Now u try comparing Jos with any of those dirty underdeveloped cities u have in the east.
My people in Jos eat dog meat very well like Calabar people but at least this dog meat has helped us built big, neat and fluorishing cities like Jos & Calabar.
In spite of the years of crisis that has rocked Jos, the city is still a major tourist destination and still growing in population while Calabar takes the lead in tourism because of its beauty. How many people go chop belleful say na Aba or Awka dem wan go relax for tourism? arrant nonsense.

What have the Igbos built in Nigeria with their high IQ since u claim others have low IQ? Abeg go and sell ur Okrika pants n bra b4 u come here yarning bullshit.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by omonnakoda: 11:36am On May 11, 2015
c
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by omonnakoda: 11:41am On May 11, 2015
Afam4eva:

My freiend keep wuiet and stop talking like a donkey. You're surely a moronic dingbat to throw caution to the wind and assume a state of mental dis-equilibrium. It's because of half baked educated folks like you that i stayed away from Nairaland. Someone's Father is Igbo, yet a grown up man like you is arguing about where that person is from as if our culture has stopped being Patriarchal. So, if i was born to an Igbo father but born and grew up in Kano with no iota of Igboness in me, does that make me Hausa?
Ask Barack Obama if he is Luo or American.
If there is no iota of Igboness in you how can you be Igbo? Afterall You used to be Jews but not anymore grin grin
Acculturation is more important than paternal DNA. We can talk of ancestry but that is of historical value only. The outlook and attitude to life is defined by how a person is accultured and not by where the SPERM came from. By the way it is not the case that the culture is patriarchal all over Nigeria or Africa with regard to the rights of children. The way it is in the SE is not the same every where e.g in the SW women have rights to their father's property just like their brothers
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nowenuse: 3:57pm On May 11, 2015
omonnakoda:
Ask Barack Obama if he is Luo or American.
If there is no iota of Igboness in you how can you be Igbo? Afterall You used to be Jews but not anymore grin grin
Acculturation is more important than paternal DNA. We can talk of ancestry but that is of historical value only. The outlook and attitude to life is defined by how a person is accultured and not by where the SPERM came from. By the way it is not the case that the culture is patriarchal all over Nigeria or Africa with regard to the rights of children. The way it is in the SE is not the same every where e.g in the SW women have rights to their father's property just like their brothers

Bless u.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by missystephen: 5:44pm On May 11, 2015
Nowenuse:

Don't talk like a stupid person. Ekpo always identified as Ibibio and not Igbo. During her period in the Eastern Parliament, she never represented igbo areas but rather Ibibio.

Point of correction, there was nothing like SS or SE. It was strictly Northern Region, Eastern region etc.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / Abba Kyari Standing By Signpost Of Road Named After Him (Picture) / Solomon Dalung's First Wife Is Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.