Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived (59516 Views)

11 Most Influential Nigerian Women By Ovoko.com (Photos) / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria / 9 Most Influential Nigerian Politicians In 2015 - Takemetonaija.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 10:20pm On May 08, 2015
havennie:

No! Wasaba did not have any single hausa origin.
She's a real nupe woman born and bred by a strong Nupe mother in Nupe land. Bida is her homeland, yet she hardly did anything in Bida because she was fighting for all northern women, so she had to take her battle to the major centres of the old northern region.

Bulls eye!
So, what were you trying to prove by comparing these two women?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NDPVF(m): 10:21pm On May 08, 2015
Create another thread for this,am a minority also.stop trying to stoke fire.creatd another thread and cc me.You saw how i came down on that Hausa/fulani guy.its cos of this minority marginalization.But i now know our true enemy.
havennie:
The old regional system of govt did not favour we from minority groups.

Hajiya Gambo Wasaba did all her campaigns and her agitation in Hausa language and not her own native Nupe language simply because hausas controlled the Northern region and she must blend in to gain acceptance.
This was also same case with Margaret Ekpo.

I bet if Funmilayo Ransome Kut had been a Bendelite, she would have functioned from Lagos or Ibadan which were the centres of the old western region and not Warri or Benin.

Get d difference Nitwitt
We minorities were like slaves in the old regional govt system, but thank God today nothing like that anymore.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 10:21pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:

Silly igbo boy
Understand what havennie & IanSweet are trying to explain to u and stop bragging like a slowpoke.
The regional system of government was what made Margaret Ekpo to function more from Aba and igbo areas.

Where were the igbos when Margaret's Efik mother struggled to bring her up?
Where were her igbo people when her ibibio husband helped her to realise her destiny and dream as a political activist?
Where are igbos today when Efik people named their airport in Calabar after their beloved daughter Margaret?
infact u people are supposed to hide ur faces on this thread instead of bragging unnecesarily here. Nonsense!

It is becoming clearer what the purpose of this shitty thread is all about. This toad eating galago stumbled on death itself.

You are stupid for this remark!

Talking as if he didn't read his own article. Stupid pig
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by kingsclass: 10:22pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:

Silly igbo boy
Understand what havennie & IanSweet are trying to explain to u and stop bragging like a slowpoke.
The regional system of government was what made Margaret Ekpo to function more from Aba and igbo areas.

Where were her igbo people when her ibibio husband helped her to realise her destiny and dream as a political activist?
Where are igbos today when Efik people named their airport in Calabar after their beloved daughter Margaret?
infact u people are supposed to hide ur faces on this thread instead of bragging unnecesarily here. Nonsense!
Your arguement is baseless, you forgot that it Zik that brought her up politically.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 10:24pm On May 08, 2015
PreciousBro:

It is becoming clearer what the purpose of this shitty thread is all about. This toad eating galago stumbled on death itself.

You are stupid for this remark!

Talking as if he didn't read his own article. Stupid pig

I tire. How do you start a thread and misread or misunderstand the content the referenced article(s). Crazy.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 10:24pm On May 08, 2015
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Ojiofor: 10:26pm On May 08, 2015
havennie:
The old regional system of govt did not favour we from minority groups.

Hajiya Gambo Wasaba did all her campaigns and her agitation in Hausa language and not her own native Nupe language simply because hausas controlled the Northern region and she must blend in to gain acceptance.
This was also same case with Margaret Ekpo.

I bet if Funmilayo Ransome Kut had been a Bendelite, she would have functioned from Lagos or Ibadan which were the centres of the old western region and not Warri or Benin.

Get d difference Nitwitt
We minorities were like slaves in the old regional govt system, but thank God today nothing like that anymore.
How can she be a minority when she is Igbo by birth?na wao...if she had plotted coup all of you would have termed her Igbo without hesitation.Anyway most pf you knows next to nothing about people of Eastern region and their cultures if not there is absolutely no bases for argument because even her mother's people(Efik)can't claim she is Efik when her father is Igbo.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 10:26pm On May 08, 2015
somegirl1:

I tire. How do you start a thread and misread or misunderstand the content of your post. Crazy.

Don't mind the arm-less monkey with no iota of tact.

His antics are very transparent and foolish to say the least. I'll have his time .

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 10:31pm On May 08, 2015
A thread that didn't hide facts and truth. Some fools think is to come and re-write history with a bigoted pen ,one not worthy of a glance.

All you misinterpreted-truth undermining hungry beings with roach antenna for picking information. Y'all failed. tongue
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by cheruv: 10:32pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:
Also, based on the 5 major human geographical divisions we have in Nigeria

The Core-northern part of Nigeria, the Middlebelt part, Eastern, Western & Niger deltan

Let's say Margaret Ekpo represents the Niger deltan region as an Ibibio
Ladi Kwali represents the Middlebelt region as a Gbagyi woman
& Funmilayo Kuti represents the Western (yoruba speaking region)

I'd like to hear from Igbos (easternerns) and the Hausa-fulanis (core-northernerns), who are the most influential Igbo & Hausa-fulani women that ever lived??
stop talking nonsense!
Margaret Ekpo was an Igbo who married an Ibibio. she was an Aro Igbo and not an Niger Delta shiit!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by kaura5000: 10:37pm On May 08, 2015
Your madness just increased by the addition of nupe in this your middle belt nonsense...nupe dont subscribe to this idiocy.. fools
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NDPVF(m): 10:41pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:

Silly igbo boy

your plan to stoke fire wont work,am here.WAS ABA THE CENTRE OF EASTERN REGION GOVERNMENT?.
That i speak Efik doesnt make me Efik man.An average Akwa Ibomite understands Efik,does that make us Efik people?(though we have handful of Efik part of us).Mrs Ekpo was an Igbo by reason of birth.If her father was Efik man,and her mum Igbo,if she likes,let her speak all Igbo language,she is an Efik.

6 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 10:42pm On May 08, 2015
cheruv:

stop talking nonsense!
Margaret Ekpo was an Igbo who married an Ibibio. she was an Aro Igbo and not an Niger Delta shiit!

The OP forgot in his bid to be mischievous that Imo and Abia are part of the Niger Delta and unwittingly answered his own question about Igbo representation.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by kaura5000: 10:56pm On May 08, 2015
Let me tell you something do you know why this your middle belt thing would never materialized? The tribes are too diverse have no coherent cause,tribes dont like each other.. always talking if marginalization when they marginalize other groups at slightest opportunity e.g igala in kogi, tiv in benue, berom in plateau... and lastly the people you guyz hate are all around you if you like call them setlers that doesn't change anything.. from jos north,suleja, and lot of places we populate.. lastly lets not forget lafia city a slave outpost was one of the cities we create to capture your grandfathers... you despise us but we are too far ahead of you our influence on you is dominant from language..culture etc
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by xmich(m): 10:57pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:

The Core-northern part of Nigeria, the Middlebelt part, Eastern, Western & Niger deltan

I'd like to hear from Igbos (easternerns) and the Hausa-fulanis (core-northernerns), who are the most influential Igbo & Hausa-fulani women that ever lived??
By their word we shall know their age,
how old are youjust be sincere to avoid spiritual battering,and
If you claim to be aged enough to be here that will mean you get nothing upstairs or you left it some were before typing this poo
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by bukatyne(f): 11:06pm On May 08, 2015
Beautiful beautiful

My best is Margaret. Nothing does it for me like a husband who believes in his wife, her dreams and helps her to soar.

@Madam Funmilola: well done. The relative equality We enjoy in Nigeria has roots in you & Madam Marge.

@Kwali: you see a person diligent in her business? She will stand before kings.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Kudos to the makers of history kiss
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:

bigot.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NDPVF(m): 11:16pm On May 08, 2015
[s]
kaura5000:
Let me tell you something do you know why this your middle belt thing would never materialized? The tribes are too diverse have no coherent cause,tribes dont like each other.. always talking if marginalization when they marginalize other groups at slightest opportunity e.g igala in kogi, tiv in benue, berom in plateau... and lastly the people you guyz hate are all around you if you like call them setlers that doesn't change anything.. from jos north,suleja, and lot of places we populate.. lastly lets not forget lafia city a slave outpost was one of the cities we create to capture your grandfathers... you despise us but we are too far ahead of you our influence on you is dominant from language..culture etc
[/s]But a useless Nigeria that contains more ethnic groups than the would-be middle belt,materialized uptill now?.stop talking trash already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by United4lyf(m): 11:19pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:

googled Queen Amina of Zazzau in what is known as Zaria town now in Kaduna State.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by cheruv: 11:25pm On May 08, 2015
somegirl1:

The OP forgot in his bid to be mischievous that Imo and Abia are part of the Niger Delta and unwittingly answered his own question about Igbo representation.
Nne m,
the rate people get high on Igbo issues is getting out of hand!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 11:31pm On May 08, 2015
cheruv:

Nne m,
the rate people get high on Igbo issues is getting out of hand!

That is. Paranoia, bordering on madness.

meolaniyi:
She is not igbo. attachee by force. Ekpo can never be Igbo. and she will never be Igbo.
you guys should look for your own. Rubbish! how can she be Igbo? she is not Igbo. Fumi, is full Yoruba. Ekpo is not Igbo. before you
know it now they will claim her like they want to claim Lagos. SS people don't allow this covetous people to claim one of your own.

This is getting too much of you people. every thing they want to claim. spit on you people

I literally burst out laughing when I read this comment begging/ calling on SS not to allow Igbos claim one of their own. Made me realize some people are losing it, if they haven't already.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by havennie(f): 11:33pm On May 08, 2015
PreciousBro:

You are a dimwitted monkey with the IQ of a sick and oil pregnant toad.

Ooh ,we were in Margaret herself. She represented us very well.

You also fail to see the Nsukka thing abi ?

Useless son of a lost drone you call a father didn't raise you well enough to halt tribalism in your bigoted and shallow thread .if you quote me again I guarantee you this thread will change gear to your internment. Ike-azu

U are the one with a low IQ mr man, only extremely moronic ppl resort to insults when they have no options left.
what a pity!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by azezola(m): 11:40pm On May 08, 2015
Okonla Wahala
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by havennie(f): 11:40pm On May 08, 2015
kaura5000:

See this one, which desert did u come from?

If u claim that middlebelt will never be realised, do u think ur arewa is in any reality? what is arewa and what are the boundaries of ur fictatious arewa?
We middlebelters will continue to frustrate arewa unity until we leave the stupid identity.

Mumu Bahaushe, who did u capture? slave of fulanis. U hausas allowed fulanis to enslave ur generation and u come here talking about capturing someone. Monkey.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by havennie(f): 11:43pm On May 08, 2015
somegirl1:

Bulls eye!
So, what were you trying to prove by comparing these two women?

U are just very very blind and myopic not to see the similarities between both women, cos even a kindergarten student following the thread would have noticed the similarities.

Both Wasaba n Ekpo were female activities from minoritu groups who fought for the emancipation of the women from their region.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 11:43pm On May 08, 2015
havennie:

My sister abeg help me ask them oo.

Seriously, this stupid Nigerian culture where all the credit goes to the father is very very stupid.
The mother owns the child as equally as the father does.
U will see the father's people reject the mother and her child when the father dies, but tomorrow when the mother has managed to raise the child on her own and the child becomes succesful, all the stupid father's people will come out to start laying claims and the same uncles will sit down to collect the bride price if the child is a female.

Where were Margaret's father's igbo people when her mother was struggling to raise her up?
If Margaret's father's people were truly responsible, they would have collected Margaret from the mother when her father died, but they didn't, but when she became succesful, all of them wanted to lay claims.
Thank God Margaret later married from her mother's side to further bind her lineage to her Efik-Ibibio roots, but see Margaret, her father's side even enjoyed more of her than her mother's side because almost all her works were based in Aba, and Aba women benefitted more from her.
You dey vex? Who told you her father's people did not contribute to her up-bringing? All this your your gender equality bullshit leads you no where. We are living in a predominantly patrilineal world. Every damn person you know including yourself is from his/her father's place and not his/her mothers place. Magret was an Igbo girl if you like let the mother come from Jupiter it doesn't matter. Obama is a Kenyan and bears his father's name even though it was the mother that toiled and made him who he is today. Nobody wants to be a bastard. Mentioning that her mother was Efik was merely accademic. I am from my state because of my father and not my mother likewise you. Anybody who is an indigene of a state on account of his mother is simply a bastard! So her name was Magret Obiasulor before marriage changed it to Ekpo. We thank Efik people for helping in nuturing our daughter, though. God would bless them. Mana Ozuzu zuchaa onye nwe nwa nwe nwa!!!

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 11:44pm On May 08, 2015
havennie:

U are the one with a low IQ mr man, only extremely moronic ppl resort to insults when they have no options left.
what a pity!

grin lol the Insults are to keep you on track and refrain from derailing, your plot to deny her paternal side is an insult to not just the igbos but the ethos of ethnicity right and privilege.

You and your poster boyfriend are useless and indeed fitted for long lasting matrimony.

You are the ones that have displayed a low level of intelligence quotient with your flawed claims and stup!d persistence.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nowenuse: 11:48pm On May 08, 2015
kaura5000:
Your madness just increased by the addition of nupe in this your middle belt nonsense...nupe dont subscribe to this idiocy.. fools

See this abo.ki o
Who are u to say Nupes dont subscribe to middlebelt? are u their God?

Jerry Gana, one of the fathers of middlebelt agitation is a pure Nupe man from Lavun.
Sarah Jubril a nupe woman from Kwara is a true and pure believer in middlebelt identity.
Hajiya Gambo Masaba at a time also participated with the United middlebelt congress party.

Illiteracy and ignorance are ur problems.
well i dont blame because as an almajiri i didn't expect u to know any better.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nowenuse: 11:51pm On May 08, 2015
Igbos and Hausas are typically the same seriously.

They both have wasted egos and are always troubling the minority groups of their region and trying to claim their achievements. They always result to insults on the slightest provocation just to back up their wasted egos.

This is why i so much love the yorubas, they are silent achievers, they dont make noise like the Igbos or Hausas who are always quarelling and fighting each other.

Igbos & Hausas are the 2 major problems of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 11:52pm On May 08, 2015
Her husband didn't even represent her movement much with his absence in the meetings, as stated in the article, that she had to fit in his position and spoke what seemed his mind which is in correlation or aligned with hers.

This is unbelievable!!!

You all point fingers that the igbos are trying to attach themselves on her when its you people that are actually doing so because of her success.

The igbos even have better claim given the fact that Margaret. Asa-Nwa is igbo by birth,by name, by origin ,I mean. You truth-covering roaches should let this tribalism air our your windows fast!!
Smh
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 11:55pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:
Igbos and Hausas are typically the same seriously.

They both have wasted egos and are always troubling the minority groups of their region and trying to claim their achievements. They always result to insults on the slightest provocation just to back up their wasted egos.

This is why i so much love the yorubas, they are silent achievers, they dont make noise like the Igbos or Hausas who are always quarelling and fighting each other.

Igbos & Hausas are the 2 major problems of Nigeria.

The difference between you and the ones you condemn is that, you are ignorant and lack knowledge. Bigoted and frail at cerebral matters.

You shouldn't have created this thread,its not for a dolt puppy like you. Shame!

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 11:58pm On May 08, 2015
havennie:

U are just very very blind and myopic not to see the similarities between both women, cos even a kindergarten student following the thread would have noticed the similarities.

Both Wasaba n Ekpo were female activities from minoritu groups who fought for the emancipation of the women from their region.

You accused someone of resorting to insults for lack of anything else to say, yet you do the exact same thing.
You clearly lack comprehension skills and you seem to have one hell of an imagination - plucking information from thin air to fill in your imaginary blanks.
Ekpo is Igbo by blood and you compare her to a woman who isn't Hausa by blood in order to deny the fact that Ekpo is Igbo?

No point continuing with this conversation as your reasoning appears to not be up to par.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Saraki Or Tinubu? Who Rocks It Better? / Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward / Ganduje Giving Kwankwaso A Ride On A Bike In 1981 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.