Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

A Thread For Victims Of Interswitch/quickteller Failed Transactions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Thread For Victims Of Interswitch/quickteller Failed Transactions (6397 Views)

Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN / If You Are Not Using Quickteller You Are Wrong / Pick Western Union Online Using Quickteller Without Go To Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Victims Of Interswitch/quickteller Failed Transactions by chukwumanj(m): 2:36pm On May 08, 2015
Am I the only one wondering how much Interswitch makes from the number of unreported failed transactions?
By now many of us know that Interswitch (which comprises Webpay, Quickteller, Safetoken, Retailpay etc) is the only ePayment channel company in Nigeria, and they are integrated with almost all banks and eCommerce businesses in this country.

So few days ago I used the Quickteller option on the ATM machine to purchase N1,000 Airtime for my phone, I got debited and the Airtime never entered my phone, even after 48 hours. So I contacted my bank (Diamond) and I was told that they will credit my account with that sum within 48 more hours. Fortunately for me they did. But then again I started regretting why I wasn't contacting my bank all these while I have been debited using this same medium without being credited on my phone. I guess it was because the other days I only make recharges of N400 or less so it wasn't bothering me that much.
So now you understand the subject, I want to tell you that before yesterday I have been debited countless times using GT bank's USSD code and every time this happens I always have to contact the bank via email of phone call, and it always takes more than 24 hours to be credited again.
The worst that happened to me is the case where I purchased an item worth N49,400 on Jumia and got debited, while Jumia claims the transaction was incomplete. It's been over 2 months now and Jumia is still telling me the same story that they have contacted Interswitch to credit back my account. Well, this Jumia case is another story I won't get too deep on, I have already taken the matter to a lawyer.
So what I wonder now is how much would this Interswitch has been making off careless customers who make transactions that don't go through and fail to report the case. Do the maths, if over a hundred thousand people make failed purchase of N100 credit in a day, how much would these guys make?
I'm just writing this with the hopes that something will be done to rectify this online transactions issue in this country.
And if you've ever been a victim let us hear from you...maybe we can come across the worst case scenarios.

And I hope this thing enters front page.....not because I want to make it to the front page, but I really would like people to see the number of people being affected by this.
Re: A Thread For Victims Of Interswitch/quickteller Failed Transactions by ameto: 4:11pm On May 11, 2015
Hello Chukwumanj, hope you are having a good day?
Please note that Interswitch makes it a top priority to reverse all failed transactions via any of our platforms. However, we are aware that there are times where you do not get the auto reversal but once this is report (even after months) the transaction is traced and reversed if confirmed failed.
In the case of the transaction you did using your GTB USSD code, please note that the transaction is hosted entirely by the bank and I believe reversals should be done once you inform them.
For security reason, we will appreciate if you could send a contact we can reach you on to consumersupport@interswitchng.com, this is to get details of transactions you might have carried out using Quickteller but did not get value and was debited (this includes the transaction you carried out on Jumia).
Thank you in anticipation.
Re: A Thread For Victims Of Interswitch/quickteller Failed Transactions by dharmora(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
on Friday,I went to purchase a fone in slot. After using their pos ,I was debited but slot didn't receive da money so I was unable to collect the fone. till today, da auto-reversal is yet to take place... please wat am I to do??
Re: A Thread For Victims Of Interswitch/quickteller Failed Transactions by mrniceguyuc5(m): 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
How To Use Quickteller To Transfer Money www.quickteller.com

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Victims Of Interswitch/quickteller Failed Transactions by bright991: 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
ameto:
Hello Chukwumanj, hope you are having a good day?
Please note that Interswitch makes it a top priority to reverse all failed transactions via any of our platforms. However, we are aware that there are times where you do not get the auto reversal but once this is report (even after months) the transaction is traced and reversed if confirmed failed.
In the case of the transaction you did using your GTB USSD code, please note that the transaction is hosted entirely by the bank and I believe reversals should be done once you inform them.
For security reason, we will appreciate if you could send a contact we can reach you on to consumersupport@interswitchng.com, this is to get details of transactions you might have carried out using Quickteller but did not get value and was debited (this includes the transaction you carried out on Jumia).
Thank you in anticipation.

I am in same situation as chukwumanj. i have sent emails, made countless calls to your careline but no response. i have wasted alot airtime on your careline no response. too bad. 0 81 38 37 01 49
Re: A Thread For Victims Of Interswitch/quickteller Failed Transactions by guass(m): 7:18am On Jun 19, 2018
bright991:

I am in same situation as chukwumanj. i have sent emails, made countless calls to your careline but no response. i have wasted alot airtime on your careline no response. too bad. 0 81 38 37 01 49
Quickteller the latest fraud of the millennium!
I have been using Quickteller, but this year has been worse.
On the 5th of this month, while transferring 10k from my account FCMB to my other account UNITY via Quickteller I got a red banner message on my phone 'Bank Declined' unfortunately, few seconds later I was debited.
Because of the distance of the bank from my place I could not go immediately.
On the 7th of this month I made another transfer from FCMB to ECO #37,100 via Quickteller but a red banner also appeared that 'transaction was NOT successful please try another card' surprisingly, few seconds later I got a DEBIT ALERT. Remembering series of debits of UNSUCCESSFUL TRANSACTIONS that have not been reversed, I then went straight to the nearest FCMB branch to complain. They said because I used QUICKTELLER (and not fcmb apps) there would be no need to fill any form and that I should use one yellow landline phone on the wall where a lady answered and promised to look into it. Few days later I went to print my Statement of account in First Bank where I saw the unbelievable, the statement displays two accounts: my real accessible one and the other my inaccessible account which they named 'LIENS ACCOUNT' which had over #200,000 in it. Perhaps those unsuccessful transactions via quickteller are being kept in this save (lien). When I got home, first was to delete the quickteller apps on my phone.
Already late to work, when I return...
Who are the developers of the QUICKTELLER platform?
Is the developer a Nigerian? Because this MMM style on QUICKTELLER is of Nigerian.
NIGERIANS USE QUICKELLER AT YOUR OWN PERILS!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually / Sanusi Halts Naira Devaluation Claims Naira Is At Desired Stability / Neveah Limited Redeems N2.04 Billion Series 13 Commercial Paper Issuance At Matu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.