Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? (16263 Views)

Expensive Sennheiser's HE-1 - £54,000- (₦26460000) Headphone / Sunstone Creates First Solar-powered IP Systems / Best Hacking Operating Systems /os (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 6:27pm On May 23, 2015
I really don't understand where you're coming from. Your argument is not clear. we're talking ultrabooks and you're talking about a full sized 15" workstation
My argument was; smallest possible size and greatest possible power, and the comparison subject was the 13" macbook pro. Don't break your neck, there's currently no competition for the 13" mac pro in that small form factor/ ultrabook category.
Now about your spilltest videos and the others, you're bringing different features from different devices to comparison. that doesn't make sense, present one device that goes toe to toe on with the "13 inch macbook pro" on quality and prerfomance. simple. And by the way is that your idea of military specs? smiley

Leaving the original subject and coming to the dell xps 15, kindly read the screen shots attached
i'd like to highlight a few points from them-

-as can be seen, it was a struggle to find workstation notebooks that could even compete with the 15" mac pro, and this is a system u have both described as mediocre, do u see the flaw in your argument ?

-the 15" macbook pro packed the same power as your xps 15 but runs cooler (despite apple's design logic by callmedboss being mocked), and has a battery life "hours!!!" more than the xps 15!! so what are you people talking about for chrissake.

-Apple pro notebooks are the standard, other manufacturers just try to meet up or compete. or make their design similar to apple's.

[quote author=Fulaman198 post=34029032]In regard to build quality, can't compete with the Magnesium Alloy:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 6:32pm On May 23, 2015
dang i wish i was getting paid for all this PR
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 6:36pm On May 23, 2015
spill resistant keyboard Really? dats it ?? i thought i was gonna see the thinkpad used under water
Fulaman198:

Here is an ultrabook that easily goes toe to toe with the Macbook Pro 15 inch and has an even higher resolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzyJ1D2Htxk I will continue to list more.

In regards to durability, can a Macbook do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U5n2WaMMHo
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2015
bizzle2:
spill resistant keyboard Really? dats it ?? i thought i was gonna see the thinkpad used under water

Apple keyboards are not spill resistant.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 6:50pm On May 23, 2015
lol, you jumped to the spill resistance, which has nothing to do with our size/performance talk, is the xps 15 or xps 13 spill resistant
If I'm in the market for a notebook , spill resistance is the least of my problems
kindly reply my other comment, i'm dying for a response
Fulaman198:

Apple keyboards are not spill resistant.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2015
bizzle2:
I really don't understand where you're coming from. Your argument is not clear. we're talking ultrabooks and you're talking about a full sized 15" workstation
My argument was; smallest possible size and greatest possible power, and the comparison subject was the 13" macbook pro. Don't break your neck, there's currently no competition for the 13" mac pro in that small form factor/ ultrabook category.
Now about your spilltest videos and the others, you're bringing different features from different devices to comparison. that doesn't make sense, present one device that goes toe to toe on with the "13 inch macbook pro" on quality and prerfomance. simple. And by the way is that your idea of military specs? smiley

Leaving the original subject and coming to the dell xps 15, kindly read the screen shots attached
i'd like to highlight a few points from them-

-as can be seen, it was a struggle to find workstation notebooks that could even compete with the 15" mac pro, and this is a system u have both described as mediocre, do u see the flaw in your argument ?

-the 15" macbook pro packed the same power as your xps 15 but runs cooler (despite apple's design logic by callmedboss being mocked), and has a battery life "hours!!!" more than the xps 15!! so what are you people talking about for chrissake.

-Apple pro notebooks are the standard, other manufacturers just try to meet up or compete. or make their design similar to apple's.

You are beating about the bush.

Full-size is just normal size note books that are far more powerful than Macbooks. My Notebook weighs 2.2kg and it's a MOBILE not full-sized workstation.

The Dell XPS 15 as noted in the video has a resolution of 3840 X 2160 that's the 2015 model. It's much higher than the 2880 x 1800 resolution on the Macbook Pro 15 inch.

Your argument is flawed in the fact that you think Macbooks are the defined ultraportable laptop out there when there are better. Macbooks also don't have spill-resistant keyboards. They don't have fingerprint readers, they don't have a touchscreen, and they sure as heck are lacking in ports.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2015
bizzle2:
lol, you jumped to the spill resistance, which has nothing to do with our size/performance talk, is the xps 15 or xps 13 spill resistant
If I'm in the market for a notebook , spill resistance is the least of my problems
kindly reply my other comment, i'm dying for a response

Price for Price segmentation if you want to discuss performance then look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LtMuZ4DQjQ

2012 isn't that far back. Both of these laptops are sized similarly.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 7:07pm On May 23, 2015
Oga, it is not I dat think....the tech world thinks....and that is just the reality of the situation.
my argument is flawed ?
My argument is pretty straight and simple and instead of answering my direct questions, you're hovering and telling me about screen resolution. I know what the screen resolution on the 15" xps is, thats clear enough in the screeenshot isn't it ...infact its on the first line in my screenshot.
"full sized is just normal sized notebooks that are more powerful than MacBooks" ..i don't get you, you just introduced a 15" dell xps which is a full-sized workstation notebook just like the 15" mac, what is your confusion?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2015
bizzle2:
Oga, it is not I dat think....the tech world thinks....and that is just the reality of the situation.
my argument is flawed ?
My argument is pretty straight and simple and instead of answering my direct questions, you're hovering and telling me about screen resolution. I know what the screen resolution on the 15" xps is, thats clear enough in the screeenshot isn't it ...infact its on the first line in my screenshot.
"full sized is just normal sized notebooks that are more powerful than MacBooks" ..i don't get you, you just introduced a 15" dell xps which is a full-sized workstation notebook just like the 15" mac, what is your confusion?

Correction, the American tech world thinks that and since you are a copy cat, you think that as well. I can tell you from my experience in the I.T. world Apple computers are not the standard. They were the standard back in the 80s. However, there are a few fan boys and fan girls out there who are revelling in the past and still think Apples are relevant in the computer realm.....Yet Windows comprises of 95% of users out there with only around 5% being OS X users:

http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

There is nothing special about Mac/Apple machines that can't be done on a Windows machine. Mac Machines DO NOT (and have never) outperformed Windows machines at the same price point. Whether it is desktop, huge workstations, mobile workstations, ultrabooks, it doesn't happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dNXramIIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFhA77i5aus

there is so much proof out there that Apple over charges for products that underperform at every price point (the best example is the new macbook 12" Piece of Crap that uses a weak core M processor....). There is no denying that.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 7:14pm On May 23, 2015
please stop sounding ignorant , were talking about the best manufacturers have to offer right now for anyone in the market for a notebook and you're doing throwbacks. don't your get it ? 'm not here to tell you apple is the best technology company in the world ...my point is and has always been that the 2015 13" macbook pro is the best in terms of performance and portability right now!! and that apple notebooks are not mediocre like you described. Damn be objective for chrissake
which school you graduate from sef
Fulaman198:

Price for Price segmentation if you want to discuss performance then look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LtMuZ4DQjQ

2012 isn't that far back. Both of these laptops are sized similarly.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 7:19pm On May 23, 2015
bizzle2:
please stop sounding ignorant , were talking about the best manufacturers have to offer right now for anyone in the market for a notebook and you're doing throwbacks. don't your get it ? 'm not here to tell you apple is the best technology company in the world ...my point is and has always been that the 2015 13" macbook pro is the best in terms of performance and portability right now!! and that apple notebooks are not mediocre like you described. Damn be objective for chrissake
which school you graduate from sef

Nah you are just dodging facts which I have provided a lot of. You just don't want to hear it because you are living in Apple la-la land where Apple trumps all. This is how it has always been. This is how it will always be. Apple products are overpriced simple as that. The new Macbook running on a Core M is a very simple example. You don't get the best performance for the Naira, Dollar, Pound, Euro, Yen, whatever currency you use.

Apple products are a waste of money and they are not the industry standard.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 7:26pm On May 23, 2015
People like you.....Sorry to say, never see past their egos, and are hence very limited. facts, figures and test results are replete and you still talk trash, I just asked you a simple question and uve been on and on about nothing,

we have made several comparisons of equally priced notebooks.

Apple is one company, there are over 3 dozen companies manufacturing windows notebooks, from as low as $300. where do you think the majority of consumers fall ?
you think you're so smart and tech savvy but you don't even scratch the surface. Imagine , "American tech world thinks"... how many laptops have you designed in your lifetime. the technology and knowledge you work with today originated from your forefathers abi. Open your mind to knowledge
it'll do your brain some good
Fulaman198:

Correction, the American tech world thinks that and since you are a copy cat, you think that as well. I can tell you from my experience in the I.T. world Apple computers are not the standard. They were the standard back in the 80s. However, there are a few fan boys and fan girls out there who are revelling in the past and still think Apples are relevant in the computer realm.....Yet Windows comprises of 95% of users out there with only around 5% being OS X users:

http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

There is nothing special about Mac/Apple machines that can't be done on a Windows machine. Mac Machines DO NOT (and have never) outperformed Windows machines at the same price point. Whether it is desktop, huge workstations, mobile workstations, ultrabooks, it doesn't happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dNXramIIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFhA77i5aus

there is so much proof out there that Apple over charges for products that underperform at every price point (the best example is the new macbook 12" Piece of Crap that uses a weak core M processor....). There is no denying that.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 7:32pm On May 23, 2015
You're so friggin ridiculous, I have stated several times that many apple products are overpriced , I have also stated that i believe apple has exploitative tendencies. this is about the 13" macbook pro and its competitors and the mobility/performance value that it offers.
you just keep beating about the bush
Fulaman198:

Nah you are just dodging facts which I have provided a lot of. You just don't want to hear it because you are living in Apple la-la land where Apple trumps all. This is how it has always been. This is how it will always be. Apple products are overpriced simple as that. The new Macbook running on a Core M is a very simple example. You don't get the best performance for the Naira, Dollar, Pound, Euro, Yen, whatever currency you use.

Apple products are a waste of money and they are not the industry standard.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 7:35pm On May 23, 2015
bizzle2:
People like you.....Sorry to say, never see past their egos, and are hence very limited. facts, figures and test results are replete and you still talk trash, I just asked you a simple question and uve been on and on about nothing,

we have made several comparisons of equally priced notebooks.

Apple is one company, there are over 3 dozen companies manufacturing windows notebooks, from as low as $300. where do you think the majority of consumers fall ?
you think you're so smart and tech savvy but you don't even scratch the surface. Imagine , "American tech world thinks"... how many laptops have you designed in your lifetime. the technology and knowledge you work with today originated from your forefathers abi. Open your mind to knowledge
it'll do your brain some good

It will do your brain good to research something and make some coherent sense. You are talking out of point now.

My point is no matter the price range a Windows based device will outperform an Apple computer.

If you want to use dollars as the currency, then a $2000 Windows laptop will outperform a $2000 Apple Macbook. Nuffsaid.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 7:40pm On May 23, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy This Guy sha
didn't we jst compare the $1300 xps 13 with the $1300 2015 macbook pro ,in graphics, battery life and processor speed,
Mr IT Expert ,get a grip.
Fulaman198:

It will do your brain good to research something and make some coherent sense. You are talking out of point now.

My point is no matter the price range a Windows based device will outperform an Apple computer.

If you want to use dollars as the currency, then a $2000 Windows laptop will outperform a $2000 Apple Macbook. Nuffsaid.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 7:43pm On May 23, 2015
If I may refresh your Expert Memory

Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2015
bizzle2:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy This Guy sha
didn't we jst compare the $1300 xps 13 with the $1300 2015 macbook pro ,in graphics, battery life and processor speed,
Mr IT Expert ,get a grip.

The Dell XPS is but one Windows computer. I have listed several on this thread.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 7:51pm On May 23, 2015
the dell xps 13 is the closest thing to the 13" macbook pro, there is no other challenger in the "ultrabook category"
and by the way the two others you mentioned were not in comparison to the 13" macbook pro
Fulaman198:

The Dell XPS is but one Windows computer. I have listed several on this thread.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 11:10pm On May 23, 2015
bizzle2:
the dell xps 13 is the closest thing to the 13" macbook pro, there is no other challenger in the "ultrabook category"
and by the way the two others you mentioned were not in comparison to the 13" macbook pro

Ok, all I will tell you is stick with whatever makes you happy
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by dazekid(m): 2:00am On May 24, 2015
I like how Bizzle2 picked one apple product(the 13inch MacBook Pro) and drove his points from there and most of his statements are factually accurate. Power windows users never agree that MacBook pros are for workstation uses because there is not much RAM to be had and the processors are limited across the board but this is because most windows power users are essentially engineers who need much more resource allocation for PCs while OS X power users are generally more design oriented and work effectively based on software optimizations.
Compare a very powerful windows workstation with the highest configured MacBook Pro and you can be sure that the MacBook would wipe the floor with the windows machine in something such as video editing but if you reverse the roles and do say virtualization, you'd watch the windows machine eat the MacBook as a 3 course meal.
Bottomline is both ecosystems and hardware excel at varying levels.
Plus all this Fulaman them una no play fair o, how would you straight up compare a tricked out windows PC with MacBook being fully aware that you can have large sized SSDs with I/O rates that are almost ungodly, hardcore RAM cards, over clocked processors and even faster spinning hard drives on a windows PC whereas you are limited to apple's configuration when buying a MacBook
Stop the fighting because no matter how long you would like to argue, Bizzle is right as the 13 MacBook Pro is the best you can get in that range whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. If he wasn't we'd have seen ultrabook models that beat it out in this thread.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 10:29pm On May 24, 2015
dazekid:
I like how Bizzle2 picked one apple product(the 13inch MacBook Pro) and drove his points from there and most of his statements are factually accurate. Power windows users never agree that MacBook pros are for workstation uses because there is not much RAM to be had and the processors are limited across the board but this is because most windows power users are essentially engineers who need much more resource allocation for PCs while OS X power users are generally more design oriented and work effectively based on software optimizations.
Compare a very powerful windows workstation with the highest configured MacBook Pro and you can be sure that the MacBook would wipe the floor with the windows machine in something such as video editing but if you reverse the roles and do say virtualization, you'd watch the windows machine eat the MacBook as a 3 course meal.
Bottomline is both ecosystems and hardware excel at varying levels.
Plus all this Fulaman them una no play fair o, how would you straight up compare a tricked out windows PC with MacBook being fully aware that you can have large sized SSDs with I/O rates that are almost ungodly, hardcore RAM cards, over clocked processors and even faster spinning hard drives on a windows PC whereas you are limited to apple's configuration when buying a MacBook
Stop the fighting because no matter how long you would like to argue, Bizzle is right as the 13 MacBook Pro is the best you can get in that range whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. If he wasn't we'd have seen ultrabook models that beat it out in this thread.

Both bizze and fulman are right why the 13 inch macbook pro might be the best 13inch laptop the dell xps 13 always has better specs at the same price. But you are so wrong the optimizations the osx has for design centric ppl. Can you name them. You are entering into my territory and for video editors nothing compares to horsepower. If you understand how video editing softwares work they use the gpu for video accleration. The macbook pro 13 uses the intel graphics it does not count now that gpu needs a fast cpu to feed it instructions I have a tricked out macbook pro 15 dat got burnt less than 3 months a tricked out macbook pro is around $3300 You can get kickass laptops for that price. Let's not get into desktops

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 1:18am On May 25, 2015
You get my drift
I'm not interested in any macbook vs windows d!cck measuring contest, cos in my opinion like any other product, all the different notebooks in the market have a target consumer. find what works for you,Simple.
but when people come up with design and functionality statements that are factually wrong, and try to act like they know what the heck they're talking about, that ticks me off. for instance;

(1) that macbook pros do not have vents and hence cannot breathe and this will in turn affect their performance, and that this is a design flaw, etc...there are vents on three sides of my 2015 macbook pro, carefully hidden in an unobtrusive and aesthetics-consious manner. that aside,the notebook still runs cooler than others within the same performance category. i don't see how they're sacrificing design logic if they give you a notebook thats very slim and yet runs cools.
just call me the boss stated on page 1, quote "the processor in a macbook compared to a similarly speed hp or dell always performs below because of this nostrils you talk about......a comparable hp or dell laptop to a macbook pro is always cheaper with better performance" ....in the screenshot above we see the performance scores of the xp3 13 and that of the 13" macbook pro, both with core i5 processors, both $1300 and the macbook practically slays the other windows device..we also see a comparison in the 15" category between a $2400 dell xps15 and a $1999 15" macbook pro, you see how at $400 cheaper, the macbook pro outperforms the $2400 dell. this is the same macbook that justcallmedboss says is moot in the 15" category, also kindly observe the specs detailed for the dell in the screenshot below and compare with those available for the mac at $2499. which gives a better value ?

(2) on page 1, fulaman asserted that lenovos are built to military specs and that dell has apple beat in the battery area. lol, military specs seriously brah?
apple still rules the market in d power dept, as you can see from the battery performance of the dell xps 15 vs the macbook pro 15" in one of the previous screenshots same in the 13" category, dell is however the closest competitor

(3) on this page, fulaman in his infinite knowledge stated that..."Mac machines do not and have never outperformed windows machines at the same price point wether it is desktop, huge workstation, ultrabooks, it doesn't happen" smiley smiley now we know how much of a fact that is.

who's stating the facts and who is just casting aspersions

maybe like some other poster said here, there are too many fake and cheap notebooks in the market hence the perceived "huge" price gap, apple is just one company and MacBooks aren't that popular outside of north america, so less chances of adulteration, but on the windows side...with so many OEMs and so many models from each OEM, the market is a jungle. I've seen notebooks up to 50% cheaper here than what is obtainable in europe or northamerica especially hp models. and when people compare these notebooks to the price of genuine MacBooks the gap looks sooo humongous.

I buy ALL my notebooks in the US and i can tell you that with the kind of research that i put in before any purchase, i know what the heck I'm talking about when I'm talking about whatever the heck I'm taking bout. I've used windows almost all my life, switched to OS X just a few months ago. for certain personal reasons

dazekid:
I like how Bizzle2 picked one apple product(the 13inch MacBook Pro) and drove his points from there and most of his statements are factually a.

Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 1:35am On May 25, 2015
bizzle2:
You get my drift
I'm not interested in any macbook vs windows d!cck measuring contest, cos in my opinion like any other product, all the different notebooks in the market have a target consumer. find what works for you,Simple.
but when people come up with design and functionality statements that are factually wrong, and try to act like they know what the heck they're talking about, that ticks me off. for instance;

(1) that macbook pros do not have vents and hence cannot breathe and this will in turn affect their performance, and that this is a design flaw, etc...there are vents on three sides of my 2015 macbook pro, carefully hidden in an unobtrusive and aesthetics-consious manner. that aside,the notebook still runs cooler than others within the same performance category. i don't see how they're sacrificing design logic if they give you a notebook thats very slim and yet runs cools.
just call me the boss stated on page 1, quote "the processor in a macbook compared to a similarly speed hp or dell always performs below because of this nostrils you talk about......a comparable hp or dell laptop to a macbook pro is always cheaper with better performance" ....in the screenshot above we see the performance scores of the xp3 13 and that of the 13" macbook pro, both with core i5 processors, both $1300 and the macbook practically slays the other windows device..we also see a comparison in the 15" category between a $2400 dell xps15 and a $1999 15" macbook pro, you see how at $400 cheaper, the macbook pro outperforms the $2400 dell. this is the same macbook that justcallmedboss says is moot in the 15" category, also kindly observe the specs detailed for the dell in the screenshot below and compare with those available for the mac at $2499. which gives a better value ?

(2) on page 1, fulaman asserted that lenovos are built to military specs and that dell has apple beat in the battery area. lol, military specs seriously brah?
apple still rules the market in d power dept, as you can see from the battery performance of the dell xps 15 vs the macbook pro 15" in one of the previous screenshots same in the 13" category, dell is however the closest competitor

(3) on this page, fulaman in his infinite knowledge stated that..."Mac machines do not and have never outperformed windows machines at the same price point wether it is desktop, huge workstation, ultrabooks, it doesn't happen" smiley smiley now we know how much of a fact that is.

who's stating the facts and who is just casting aspersions

maybe like some other poster said here, there are too many fake and cheap notebooks in the market hence the perceived "huge" price gap, apple is just one company and MacBooks aren't that popular outside of north america, so less chances of adulteration, but on the windows side...with so many OEMs and so many models from each OEM, the market is a jungle. I've seen notebooks up to 50% cheaper here than what is obtainable in europe or northamerica especially hp models. and when people compare these notebooks to the price of genuine MacBooks the gap looks sooo humongous.

I buy ALL my notebooks in the US and i can tell you that with the kind of research that i put in before any purchase, i know what the heck I'm talking about when I'm talking about whatever the heck I'm taking bout. I've used windows almost all my life, switched to OS X just a few months ago. for certain personal reasons

I'm not going to post this twice in regards to battery life. Your assertions about Apple having the best battery life is backed up by what evidence?

http://m.blog.laptopmag.com/all-day-strong-longest-lasting-notebooks
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by moonraker(m): 1:44am On May 25, 2015
As Someone who has the best of both worlds and who has been a PC fan for as long as i can remember,

These are my thoughts on why Apple products are expensive...

The build quality on the macs are solid to a certain extent (However do not let it fall on a hard surface, if not your fuuuuucked)

OSX combined with the battery on Apple products work well together. SO if Apple tells you 7hrs, it probably is 7hrs.

Retina Display, Do i need to say more.

I am sure that they are other factors, but you get the drill....
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 1:57am On May 25, 2015
I really don't get why you keep up an argument, the two 13" laptops in the video comparison are priced the same ..@ $1300 and the macbook performed better, which better specs are you referring to again ??
same as the 15" category, a $2400 configuration of the ups was compared to a $1999 configuration of the mac and the macbook edged over the xps 15,
JustCalMeDBoss:

Both bizze and fulman are right why the 13 inch macbook pro might be the best 13inch laptop the dell xps 13 always has better specs at the same price. But you are so wrong the optimizations the osx has for design centric ppl. Can you name them. You are entering into my territory and for video editors nothing compares to horsepower. If you understand how video editing softwares work they use the gpu for video accleration. The macbook pro 13 uses the intel graphics it does not count now that gpu needs a fast cpu to feed it instructions I have a tricked out macbook pro 15 dat got burnt less than 3 months a tricked out macbook pro is around $3300 You can get kickass laptops for that price. Let's not get into desktops
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 2:06am On May 25, 2015
moonraker:
As Someone who has the best of both worlds and who has been a PC fan for as long as i can remember,

These are my thoughts on why Apple products are expensive...

The build quality on the macs are solid to a certain extent (However do not let it fall on a hard surface, if not your fuuuuucked)

OSX combined with the battery on Apple products work well together. SO if Apple tells you 7hrs, it probably is 7hrs.

Retina Display, Do i need to say more.

I am sure that they are other factors, but you get the drill....

If a Lenovo falls on a hard surface, don't be surprised if minimal damage if anything at all is done to it. The material is really top quality on the Thinkpad line. Very durable and sturdy computers.

Many premium Windows notebooks have high resolution displays, so it's nothing new when the "Retina display" is mentioned. Again, that's just more Apple marketing terminology for the ill-informed.

The only advantage Apple has right out of the box (but can be corrected by 3rd party applications) is the fact that you have access to native Linux command line and bash script.
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 2:15am On May 25, 2015
common man , i keep things clear when i make my comparisons, these laptops are from different performance categories naaaa, haba..the page is talking longest battery life regardless of how it is achieved and how much they can do.
its like comparing an xps 13 (over 10 hrs) to a 15" macbook (over 7 hrs) and saying dells have a better battery life than the mac. you don't go mixing categories up.
besides that, in your haste to make a point you didn't notice that two out of the only three notebooks in the world that beat the macbook pro battery longevity(over 12 hrs) do so with "extended batteries" (extra bulk )and are in no way near the performance level or slimness of the macbook pro. the third one which is the toshiba protege is a hybrid and when its docked lasts just 7.29 hrs.
there is no 13" lenovo notebook in the world that is as thin and powerful as the macbook pro with a battery life as long as 12 plus hours.

so tell me again, ....who is the competition?? (
Fulaman198:

I'm not going to post this twice in regards to battery life. Your assertions about Apple having the best battery life is backed up by what evidence?

http://m.blog.laptopmag.com/all-day-strong-longest-lasting-notebooks
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 2:19am On May 25, 2015
bizzle2:
common man , i keep things clear when i make my comparisons, these laptops are from different performance categories naaaa, haba..the page is talking longest battery life regardless of how it is achieved and how much they can do.
its like comparing an xps 13 (over 10 hrs) to a 15" macbook (over 7 hrs) and saying dells have a better battery life than the mac. you don't go mixing categories up.
besides that, in your haste to make a point you didn't notice that two out of the only three notebooks in the world that beat the macbook pro battery longevity(over 12 hrs) do so with "extended batteries" (extra bulk )and are in no way near the performance level or slimness of the macbook pro. the third one which is the toshiba protege is a hybrid and when its docked lasts just 7.29 hrs
so tell me again, ....who is the competition?? (

Different performing categories? What are you talking about, they are all ultrabooks
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 2:32am On May 25, 2015
so a core i3 12 inch laptop with 4GB ram clocked at less thank 2GHz is now in the same performance category as 2.7Ghz 5250U notebook
"ultrabook" is a size category, has nothing to do with performance .the puny new macbook like u call it, with a 1.1ghz M processor is an ultra-ultra book too remember ?
Fulaman198:

Different performing categories? What are you talking about, they are all ultrabooks
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by bizzle2: 2:34am On May 25, 2015
like i said before....
there is no 13" lenovo notebook in the world that is as thin and powerful as the macbook pro with a battery life as long as 12 plus hours.
I charge you to prove me wrong
Fulaman198:

Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 2:42am On May 25, 2015
bizzle2:
like i said before....
I charge you to prove me wrong

What you are saying is bull crap.

I'll say this as well.

Apple doesn't build any notebook as powerful with as many ports as the Lenovo Thinkpad W541, I charge you to prove me wrong.

Also, Thinkpads (no matter the model the T-series, X-series, W-series, E-series, etc.) are all built with more durable materials than the Macbook as has been illustrated in various tests (temperature tests, dropping tests, spill tests, etc.)
Re: Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? by Fulaman198(m): 2:42am On May 25, 2015
bizzle2:
so a core i3 12 inch laptop with 4GB ram clocked at less thank 2GHz is now in the same performance category as 2.7Ghz 5250U notebook
"ultrabook" is a size category, has nothing to do with performance .the puny new macbook like u call it, with a 1.1ghz M processor is an ultra-ultra book too remember ?

It's a core i5.....Don't know where you are getting your mis-information from about the X-series being a core i3, when the review clearly states core i5-5300U.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] / Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format / How To Transfer MB On Glo Newtwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.