Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,848 members, 7,824,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President (2864 Views)

Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President / Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari / if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by bilms(m): 10:44am On May 09, 2015
WHY SARAKI SHOULDN'T BE SENATE PRESIDENT
Some of my associates have been asking why I am against the emergence of Senator Bukola Saraki as the senate president. They are of the view that, omo eni o ni se idi bebere, ka wa fi ileke si idi omo elomi, meaning that, we should always support our own. But for me, I cannot a support a bad candidate because he his my own.
Governance is not about self, but about the society. We should not support our own simply because they are our own, rather, we should support the best available irrespective of where they come from. For Saraki, he his a bad example of a change agent.
For the records, I understand that Senator Bukola Saraki, the former Kwara State governor is the most strategically positioned to become the next senate president, though he his not the most ideal personality for that exalted position.
He has the backing of the G5 governors who defected from the People Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC). As reports have it, the G5 governors have not been able to get any meaningful position in the ongoing zoning arrangement, even the SGF position which is being proposed for Rotimi Amaechi has been reportedly zoned to South East.
So for now, the only major position that could be claimed by the G5 governors for risking, investing and sacrificing so much for the emergence of Buhari is the senate president. This informed their decision to support Bukola Saraki and they are willing to do all they can to get this one major position as compensation.
Again, we all recall that Saraki once declared his interest in contesting the APC presidential primary election. He suspended his participation few weeks to the primary election and eventually worked for Buhari’s emergence.
It is my view that, Saraki did that strategically to brighten his chances of emerging as the senate president should APC emerge victorious. Now that they have emerged, he could use that to negotiate with Buhari, noting that he stepped down and mobilized support for the former head of state.
Also, considering the fact that many zones are lobbying for the position within APC, the 45 senators elected on the platform of the PDP may back Saraki to have certain influence in the new Government.
Reports have it that, the PDP senators want a repeat of Tambuwal situation, where PDP choice, Mulikat Akande was defeat by Aminu Tambuwal as speaker in 7th national Assembly. As a former PDP member, PDP senators seems to be ready to give Bukola a block vote to spite APC should APC refuse to annoint Bukola as their candidate for the post of senate president.
However, It is my view that, considering the agenda before the president elect, General Muhammadu Buhari needs a kind of legislative house that desired change as much as he does, and the National Assembly should be led by someone that shared Buhari’s ideal about fighting corruption and other ills affecting our dear nation. But in my view, Bukola Saraki is not that kind of person. His history points to the other direction.
Saraki lack the integrity, he lack the patriotism and also lack the will and zeal to pilot a progressive legislative house. Should such kind of individual assume the position of senate president, APC and the entire Nigerian would regret that decision.
Let us get it straight once and for all, a man with several corruption cases with EFCC cannot help the president fight corruption. A man who publicly frown at asset declaration as canvassed by the president elect can never assist him in ensuring transparency and accountability. A man who see’s himself as overlord over the people of his state will never ensure equality.
This is the man who first ensure the enactment of pension bill for former governors in Nigeria. He currently receives N100million every month for doing nothing, while the highest civil servant workers in the state earn less than N100,000 per month.
This man cannot promote pro-peoples legislation, certainly, he his a capitalist politician who see’s every other person as beneath him. Should he emerge senate president, that will drag Nigeria 10years backward.
SIMPLE.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by dammylohlah: 11:10am On May 09, 2015
Na wa ooooo. Well let the bestman win the sit
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by bilms(m): 11:23am On May 09, 2015
hum
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by otunbakolawole(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2015
Op,

The fact that you stated that this is your own personal opinion makes your write up sit well with me. having said that, ABS as he's fondly called (Abubakar Bukola Saraki) is qualified to be the next Senate president, and I will urge the APC and PDP members in the Senate to support him. I don't know what the salary scale is @ the Kwara State civil service, and as such won't comment on that About the purported 100million naira which you said is paid monthly, that can't be true. It's an allegation anyway, unless it's proven otherwise.

ABS is a very simple and open person. He has this quality of authenticity, of being who he says he is, of possessing a truthfulness that goes beyond words and that is what endears him to people. At the Senate, he garners support from people who disagree with him. He is someone who lives out his values, stands up for what he believes in and has this sense of empathy, which most politicians have lost due to the cacophony of voices that have steered them by the winds of bootlickers and hangers on.

I believe that a stronger sense of empathy would tilt the balance of our current politics in favour of the common man. No matter how much I disagree with the OP, opinion on Bukola saraki, I am still obligated to see the world through your eyes. That's what empathy does. It calls us to task, we are forced beyond our limited vision. That's why I believe that a grassroot mobilizer, a community organiser, like ABS who puts his time, money and energy into community development is what we need to lead the next senate. Senators must become accountable, they must be seen and accessible, they must host town hall meetings, they should stay true to who they are and not allow the frivolities in Abuja carry them away.

ABS is ripe for that seat, I urge people to support him

bilms:
WHY SARAKI SHOULDN'T BE SENATE PRESIDENT
Some of my associates have been asking why I am against the emergence of Senator Bukola Saraki as the senate president. They are of the view that, omo eni o ni se idi bebere, ka wa fi ileke si idi omo elomi, meaning that, we should always support our own. But for me, I cannot a support a bad candidate because he his my own.
Governance is not about self, but about the society. We should not support our own simply because they are our own, rather, we should support the best available irrespective of where they come from. For Saraki, he his a bad example of a change agent.
For the records, I understand that Senator Bukola Saraki, the former Kwara State governor is the most strategically positioned to become the next senate president, though he his not the most ideal personality for that exalted position.
He has the backing of the G5 governors who defected from the People Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC). As reports have it, the G5 governors have not been able to get any meaningful position in the ongoing zoning arrangement, even the SGF position which is being proposed for Rotimi Amaechi has been reportedly zoned to South East.
So for now, the only major position that could be claimed by the G5 governors for risking, investing and sacrificing so much for the emergence of Buhari is the senate president. This informed their decision to support Bukola Saraki and they are willing to do all they can to get this one major position as compensation.
Again, we all recall that Saraki once declared his interest in contesting the APC presidential primary election. He suspended his participation few weeks to the primary election and eventually worked for Buhari’s emergence.
It is my view that, Saraki did that strategically to brighten his chances of emerging as the senate president should APC emerge victorious. Now that they have emerged, he could use that to negotiate with Buhari, noting that he stepped down and mobilized support for the former head of state.
Also, considering the fact that many zones are lobbying for the position within APC, the 45 senators elected on the platform of the PDP may back Saraki to have certain influence in the new Government.
Reports have it that, the PDP senators want a repeat of Tambuwal situation, where PDP choice, Mulikat Akande was defeat by Aminu Tambuwal as speaker in 7th national Assembly. As a former PDP member, PDP senators seems to be ready to give Bukola a block vote to spite APC should APC refuse to annoint Bukola as their candidate for the post of senate president.
However, It is my view that, considering the agenda before the president elect, General Muhammadu Buhari needs a kind of legislative house that desired change as much as he does, and the National Assembly should be led by someone that shared Buhari’s ideal about fighting corruption and other ills affecting our dear nation. But in my view, Bukola Saraki is not that kind of person. His history points to the other direction.
Saraki lack the integrity, he lack the patriotism and also lack the will and zeal to pilot a progressive legislative house. Should such kind of individual assume the position of senate president, APC and the entire Nigerian would regret that decision.
Let us get it straight once and for all, a man with several corruption cases with EFCC cannot help the president fight corruption. A man who publicly frown at asset declaration as canvassed by the president elect can never assist him in ensuring transparency and accountability. A man who see’s himself as overlord over the people of his state will never ensure equality.
This is the man who first ensure the enactment of pension bill for former governors in Nigeria. He currently receives N100million every month for doing nothing, while the highest civil servant workers in the state earn less than N100,000 per month.
This man cannot promote pro-peoples legislation, certainly, he his a capitalist politician who see’s every other person as beneath him. Should he emerge senate president, that will drag Nigeria 10years backward.
SIMPLE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by bilms(m): 8:47pm On May 09, 2015
since you said you don't know about the kwara state civil service, its fine. So, why don't you know attempt a search instead of saying what said wasn't right?

the N100million is known to all, it was even enacted into law at the kwara state house of assembly.

inquire, not speak out of ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by babanett: 2:07pm On May 10, 2015
In response to the incited submissions, via reading through ur submission, it is clear that it was incited to dent the image of Sen. Bukola Saraki as he stands better chances of becoming the 8th SP. Without iota of truth or convincing evidences with your claims, Don't you think if ur claims were reasonable enough, Kwarans would have denied him in the just concluded election but if you don't know, he convincingly delivered kwara State 100 percent to General Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of APC. Note, Anyone with Skeleton in his cupboard dare not stand against the presidency as it is a culture to use skeleton in cupboards to witch Hunt any Whistleblower but Sen. Saraki did and became a regular customer to EFCC which nothing was found against him after several Questions. I want my brother that posted this incited submission to have a rethink or present evidences to back his fallacy against my own claims..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by onile0500(m): 2:10pm On May 10, 2015
This is illogical, how could you put up to write about odds with baseless facts?
Saraki support asset declaration but he stated it clearly that Assets declaration alone can't doom corruption.
The antagonists who are willing to block Saraki candidacy for the office of the senate presidency fears nothing but his leadership experience, they see saraki has one who need no godfather before setting things to norms if he become the SP.
Saraki track records in PDP shows how patriotic he is; the only senator who expose the fuel subsidy scam and call for transparency and accountability. When Nigeria started saving from this subsidy scam which saraki fought for while everybody keep saying saraki didn't like PGEJ his name was never mentioned that he was the one who stood for accountability which bring about such savings.
Saraki's pension as former Governor is less than 2million and he uses this money to support the less-privilege ones' across kwara state.
If we must talk about credibility Senator Bukola Saraki is the best candidate for the senate president because the only government Saraki can work with is a competent government. His role and intervention into governance when he was the chairman of NGF recorded a great development to the nation.
Saraki as a Senator is the only senator to support pay cut of National Assembly members.
Whenever Saraki whistle any big issue at which this present government needed to attend to, the FG led will tell EFCC to go and probe Saraki and all EFCC allegation/case against him, none has never been charged to court because there was never a case against saraki but witch hunting.
The 8th assembly requires a strong man as the Senate President, and Are we going to support the candidate who has his personal influence and experience to move the country forward OR we will support those one's hand picked by the godfathers who can't do things on their own but to consult their Godfather before getting things done?
Let us think wisely. The change we voted for must reign. #SarakimySP

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by shewn007: 2:19pm On May 10, 2015
There is no person worthy of the seat going by ABS giant strides, which I will like us to share with us here

1. SENATOR SARAKI RAISING A KEY POINT AS TO WHY THE NIGERIA BUDGET HAS BEEN PERFORMING LESS THAN 40% AND HOW TO IMPROVE ITS IMPLEMENTATION http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=1uF63nv_Wh8&u=/watch%3Fv%3Dwv-tCRtzkww%26feature%3Dem-share_video_user

SENATOR SARAKI GAVE THE MOST INTELLIGENT INSIGHT ON HOW TO CURB AIR CRASHES IN THE AVIATION INDUSTRY. http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=lQp2i9mZwls&u=/watch%3Fv%3Db4GsCvMo0-o%26feature%3Dem-share_video_user

3. SENATOR SARAKI TALKING ABOUT OIL BENCH MARK PRODUCTION AND THE NEED FOR OUR LAWS TO DISCUSS OVER PRODUCTION. http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=SIBrmS9SvWA&u=/watch%3Fv%3Dqo9fZwaKmCU%26feature%3Dem-share_video_user

Pls can anyone show me a better senator?

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by sayyid(m): 3:02pm On May 10, 2015
dis op is high on dry plantain leaf,so if Saraki is not qualified for senate president because u said e is corrupt den wu else is qualified? If Saraki has skeleton in his cupboard den y will kwarans give im 100percent of dia votes? As far as i am concern all politicians are thieves. Bt believe me weda u like it or not Saraki has a brighter chance of winin d senate presidency cos e has wat it takes to b dia. So pls stop posting rubbish @ op

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by manck2: 3:17pm On May 10, 2015
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 10, 2015
babanett:
In response to the incited submissions, via reading through ur submission, it is clear that it was incited to dent the image of Sen. Bukola Saraki as he stands better chances of becoming the 8th SP. Without iota of truth or convincing evidences with your claims, Don't you think if ur claims were reasonable enough, Kwarans would have denied him in the just concluded election but if you don't know, he convincingly delivered kwara State 100 percent to General Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of APC. Note, Anyone with Skeleton in his cupboard dare not stand against the presidency as it is a culture to use skeleton in cupboards to witch Hunt any Whistleblower but Sen. Saraki did and became a regular customer to EFCC which nothing was found against him after several Questions. I want my brother that posted this incited submission to have a rethink or present evidences to back his fallacy against my own claims..
Saraki is the worst thing that will happen to Nigeria. This is a man who has mortgaged the people of Kwara by using rigging and coordinated assasination to take down his opponents.

Ilorin is the only place in Kwara where there is sanity but if you move out oF that place you will weep for Kwarans and the bondage the Saraki dynasty has put them into

3 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by GegeleDee: 3:50pm On May 10, 2015
No doubt the writer hs persinal sentiment against the person of Sen ABS. Thank God in his write-up, he agreed tht Sen ABS is the most qualified and strategically favoured to be the 8th Senate president of the federal republic of Nig.clearly all corruption allegations against him re polically motivated.all the records re their for all doubting baggers to see.he also exhibit his leadership competency whn he left the rulling party to join the then opposition party.no one wt skeleton in his cupbourd ll do that.No wonder he is still a free man today. This is the change we all yearning for.
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by Akorive: 4:37pm On May 10, 2015
Well, much have been righty said. But let me boldly add that it's very clear that the writer is beclouded by parochial interests. As I would like to challenge him along other cohorts who are fond of propagating libels like this to present their case on a platter of facts and figures, I want to say that more of these were said about GMB and today, despite the propaganda, he triumphed. Same thing God willing, ABS will emerge as the 003 of this country.

It's obvious that competence is not really appreciated inthis case. I'm disappointed in APC for that. But still, I stand to assure you that the unbreakable records of Bukola Saraki and his irrefutable achievements will make us sing #GodWin at last.

#SarakiMySP

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by emmasege: 4:46pm On May 10, 2015
otunbakolawole:
Op,

The fact that you stated that this is your own personal opinion makes your write up sit well with me. having said that, ABS as he's fondly called (Abubakar Bukola Saraki) is qualified to be the next Senate president, and I will urge the APC and PDP members in the Senate to support him. I don't know what the salary scale is @ the Kwara State civil service, and as such won't comment on that About the purported 100million naira which you said is paid monthly, that can't be true. It's an allegation anyway, unless it's proven otherwise.

ABS is a very simple and open person. He has this quality of authenticity, of being who he says he is, of possessing a truthfulness that goes beyond words and that is what endears him to people. At the Senate, he garners support from people who disagree with him. He is someone who lives out his values, stands up for what he believes in and has this sense of empathy, which most politicians have lost due to the cacophony of voices that have steered them by the winds of bootlickers and hangers on.

I believe that a stronger sense of empathy would tilt the balance of our current politics in favour of the common man. No matter how much I disagree with the OP, opinion on Bukola saraki, I am still obligated to see the world through your eyes. That's what empathy does. It calls us to task, we are forced beyond our limited vision. That's why I believe that a grassroot mobilizer, a community organiser, like ABS who puts his time, money and energy into community development is what we need to lead the next senate. Senators must become accountable, they must be seen and accessible, they must host town hall meetings, they should stay true to who they are and not allow the frivolities in Abuja carry them away.

It's either you ddon't know Bukky or you are paid to do his media job for him. That guy is too arrogant, ambitious and corrupt for APC to actualise their desired "change". If he has his way as the senate president, he can make history by impeaching buhari and osinbajo so he can realise his inordinate ambition. His larger than life posture in kwara state is annoying. Are we talking about a man who made Ilorin airport attain an "international status" (nothing international though about the airport) so he could do his money laundering business unhindered as a governor. The guy was regularly flying money out of Nigeria through his "international airport".
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by zekki: 5:50pm On May 10, 2015
Saraki is going to be the senate president.
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by wagzie01: 6:21pm On May 10, 2015
The 8th assembly is very pertinent to the CHANGE we are all clamoring for, it definitely demands an efficient leadership to compliments efforts
by the president elect to move Nigeria to a country we all have been hoping and praying for, nominating a candidate for this position should go beyond personal sentiments, political differences. Competency should be the major yardstick in nominating candidate for this very important position

At this dire time of political recovery, a docile Senate President isn't what Nigeria needs to move the country to a greater height, What we need is an energetic, young vibrant mind that will strengthen the nation’s unity for progress, peace and bring about economic and political stability in the country.

Contenders jostling for the leadership of the 8th National Assembly are Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki from North central,Senator George Akume from North Central and senator Ahmed Lawan from North East, judging from their antecedents we should be able to come out with a candidate whom the cap fits to steer the leadership of the 8th National Assembly

Senator Bukola saraki's style of leadership is unique, the people comes first in his decision making, this makes kwarans rally more support for him,

As regards the issue of pension as a former governor of Kwara State, Sen. Bukola Saraki never received a dine as pension from the State government, sometimes last year he dedicated his accrued pension to a scholarship scheme tagged Abubakar Bukola Saraki Students Foundation (ABSSF) in order to assist the less privileged students both indigene and non indigene in Kwara

Saraki has been a very upright leader bold enough to tweak the vision envisaged by our founding fathers by raising the motion on transparency and accountability in fuel subsidy management. This led to the probe of the downstream sector and reduced wastage on subsidy payment to unlicensed oil marketers, a feat applauded by Nigerians back home and in the diaspora.

Saraki took some bold and risky steps which I wont expect him to get a hug from the Federal Government, in order to dent is image SFU, EFCC was used against him, anytime he is invited he always honour their invitation

A larger percentage of both the newly elected senators and serving senators has endorsed the senate presidency of Bukola Saraki, Their reason is hinged on his cognate legislative experience and the impact he has brought to the chamber despite being his first legislative tenure. The task for the Senate Presidency requires a candidate that can communicate effectively, perform well under pressure and build a trustworthy team that can function with minimal interferences. Bukola Saraki has demonstrated these traits at every given opportunity; hence the right man to lead the 8th assembly post may 29th 2015
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by otunbakolawole(m): 6:31pm On May 10, 2015
@ emmasege am not bamikole omishore o. He gets paid to do ABS media work.

I will urge you to deal in facts. Come up with a better argument as to why ABS shouldn't, then maybe you can convince us, not with the 'beer parlour talk' or trumped up allegations. ABS is not perfect, no one is, he has his own shortcomings which make him human after all. What we are saying here, is that he is qualified to be the next senate president and that from his performance as governor, and a ranking senator too, he has what it take to do the job if given the opportunity.

I know nothing of those allegations you made against him, and can't speak directly to it. But on the 'impeachment' thing that you raise, no member of the senate can single handedly do that. There are rules, and process that must be followed. There is a system in place, and if that system doesn't work in some states, doesn't mean it can be successfully replicated here at the centre.

Meanwhile here is what I know about him, ABS is someone who angry about politics that consistently favour the wealthy, and powerful over the average Nigerian, he believes that government has an important role in opening up opportunity to all. He got this from his father.

I believe in him, and I have written to the senator elect of my own constituency urging him to work towards actualising ABS as SP if and when the time comes. What have you done about it outside the mudsling that you doing?

emmasege:
It's either you ddon't know Bukky or you are paid to do his media job for him. That guy is too arrogant, ambitious and corrupt for APC to actualise their desired "change". If he has his way as the senate president, he can make history by impeaching buhari and osinbajo so he can realise his inordinate ambition. His larger than life posture in kwara state is annoying. Are we talking about a man who made Ilorin airport attain an "international status" (nothing international though about the airport) so he could do his money laundering business unhindered as a governor. The guy was regularly flying money out of Nigeria through his "international airport".
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by Crownvillar: 6:32pm On May 10, 2015
@ OP......You post is just too kind to Bukola Saraki and should be seen as a compliment to him. Anyone that that is a keen follower and well versed in the affairs/political history of Kwara and Nigeria know that Bukola Saraki is a very greedy, common thief and corruption personified!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by yusufalabere(m): 7:29pm On May 10, 2015
It is very clear that the writer of this article lack strong evidence to backup his article. Senator Bukola Saraki: A Great Leader with many Qualities.

1- Honesty
2- Ability to Delegate
3- Communication
4- Sense of Humor
5- Confidence
6- Commitment
7- Positive Attitude
8- Creativity
9- Ability to Inspire
These qualities clealy indicate that Senator Bukola Saraki can be our Senate President.
I'm proud to be your follower. ABS lead we follow!
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by yusufalabere(m): 7:40pm On May 10, 2015
It is very clear that the writer of this article lack strong evidence to backup his article. Senator Bukola Saraki: A Great Leader with many Qualities.

1- Honesty
2- Ability to Delegate
3- Communication
4- Sense of Humor
5- Confidence
6- Commitment
7- Positive Attitude
8- Creativity
9- Ability to Inspire
These qualities clearly indicate that Senator Bukola Saraki can be our Senate President. I'm proud to be your follower. ABS lead we Follow!
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by proudlykwaran: 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
otunbakolawole lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-Xpost=33567930:
Op,

I believe that a stronger sense of empathy would tilt the balance of our current politics in favour of the common man. No matter how much I disagree with the OP, opinion on Bukola saraki, I am still obligated to see the world through your eyes. That's what empathy does. It calls us to task, we are forced beyond our limited vision. That's why I believe that a grassroot mobilizer, a community organiser, like ABS who puts his time, money and energy into community development is what we need to lead the next senate. Senators must become accountable,
they must be seen and accessible, they must host town hall meetings, they should stay true to who they are and not allow the frivolities in Abuja carry them away.

I am of the view that Otunbakolawole's opinion should be respected because he appears not privy to who Bukola Saraki is.
The writer of this article is really on course and many of us are happy that some soundly minded people are still in kwara.
Bukola Saraki is not just a corrupt man who should not be seen near GMB's government, he is actually a man with dead conscience, a fraudsters and a criminal. Everything said about him with regard to the 100 million per month pension is true. The money is always released on 28th or 29th of every month in cash. It is paid into his accounts in four banks in 25million apiece. Two of the four banks are UBA and Zenith. I won't mention two others for know reasons. Bukola Saraki is also known to be connected with several murder cases in Kwara aside from the case of the Managing Director of Joy Petroleum. He has been a criminal for long. Documentary evidence has it that he was arraigned for a 419case in 1990 before an Igbosere Margistrate Court along with Ghemi Saraki and one other for duping a white man of 510,000 dollars. He takes drugs just like his friends and stooge Abdul Ahmed and sister Ghemi Saraki.
Ahmed even sleeps with his wife's sister. It is no longer secret in kwara state that Ahmed is said to tired of Bukola Saraki, but he is always reported to claim that he is afraid for his life as Bukola Saraki could kill him if he backs out.
Recently after the general election, Bukola Saraki' men attempted to eliminate the son of Late Mohammed Lawal, former governor of kwara state. What was his offence? Hakeem Lawal came in the company of Bafarawa, his father friend to greet GMB and met Bukola Saraki and Abdullah Ahmed there. GMB went in with Bafarawa and Hakeem Lawal and left Saraki and Ahmed and others. Bukola Saraki thus felt threatened and lo and behold he sent assasins after the young Lawal same day, but the young man narrowly escaped, but not without arm injury to his police orderly.
Apparently, GMB and Bukola Saraki are poles apart integrity wise and it will be the greatest deservice to GMB's administration if Bukola Saraki is the man to lead legislature.
If it happens, this government will suffer credibility problem from start to finish. And I have continued to maintain that if Bukola Saraki ever clinches the seat, it will be a time to be rewarded for the sin of the Saraki household against kwara people. I am a not soothsayer but I see the guy being paid back with a bullet by death merchant before the next four years. This is because he will criminals like him at federal level who will silence once and for all.
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by wagzie01: 9:38pm On May 10, 2015
For an effective leadership of the 8th national assembly I urge APC to bank more on candidate's track records in nominating a candidate for this great post, Truth be told, there are a couple of legislators in their third or fourth terms with little or nothing to show for the confidence reposed in them by their people; they ride on the back of their party’s popularity to win elections without any impact on their constituency.

Bukola Saraki’s first term as a Senator will be enough a guide to the doubting Thomas in extrapolating his leadership qualities when compared to his contemporaries. In his four years in the senate, Bukola Saraki validated his legislative experience in key areas such as Environment, Finance, Health and Agriculture. He has championed the passage of many bills in favour of the masses such as the Anti-tobacco bill, the Nosdra amendment bill for tougher sanction on oil spillage despite the fact that the assembly receives about one hundred and fifty bills yearly and a host of several interventions to ensure safety of lives and the environment.

I SUPPORT SENATOR BUKOLA SARAKI FOR SENATE PRESIDENT
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by luvinhubby(m): 9:47pm On May 10, 2015
shocked shocked shocked N100 million every month as pension plus millions in entitlements from senate.
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by Crownvillar: 12:05am On May 11, 2015
luvinhubby:
shocked shocked shocked N100 million every month as pension plus millions in entitlements from senate.

That's Bukky Saraki for you.....a cold blooded, greedy man with a history steeped in corruption and deceit.
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by tit(f): 12:14am On May 11, 2015
zekki:
Saraki is going to be the senate president.

seriki has every right to be senate president and has our backing!
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by bilms(m): 6:31am On May 11, 2015
Buhari's Anti-Corruption Regime: Saraki, A Misfit.

By: Ogah Simeon

Date: 2015-05-09

Since the results of the March 28th National Assembly and Presidential elections where the All Progressives Congress (APC), took lead, there has been a saturation of the media waves with the issue of who occupies the number three position and is chairman of the National Assembly.

With the APC in majority, it is evident that this position will surely go to one of the lot. In the course of the discourse three major contenders have been mentioned amongst which are Sen. Ahmadu Lawan from Yobe State, Sen. Bukola Saraki from Kwara State and Sen. George Akume from Benue State. While many issues and sentiments to justify their selection have been thrown up to include but not restricted to religion, zoning, ranking, tribe and even god-fatherism.

However at a period when the nation is supposed to be going through a period of renaissance of a sort, when the government is on a journey to rebuild the peoples’ confidence in the government and also reduce the corruption level of the nation to a negligible ebb, it is pertinent that superseding the already mentioned criteria is one that is scarcely mentioned while considering candidature- Corruption and uprightness.

The mere mention of Bukola Saraki’s aspiration for the position of Nigeria’s number three citizen not only soils the country’s image but will also make nonsense of Buhari’s avowed zero tolerance for corruption. The former governor has been amongst those pencilled down by anti-graft agencies for alleged and obvious corruption charges but has been using legal gymnastics to frustrate efforts by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to make him account for such.

Senator Bukola Saraki should not be considered for the leadership of the National Assembly because he has a lot of questions to answer. For instance, some Nigerian families lost their money to the Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria (SGBN) which collapsed under Bukola Saraki amongst which is the alleged conversion of such public property like Shonga Farms, Kwara Cargo Terminal and Kwara Metro Park into personal use Various agencies of government have blamed the collapse on alleged monumental fraud perpetrated by the bank’s authorities. And as Nigerians read these investigations for alleged misdeeds related partly to his two-term tenure as governor of Kwara State by the Nigerian police and Nigeria’s flagship anti-corruption agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) are still ongoing.

EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Lamorde said in various newspaper reports of March 23, 2015 that Bukola Saraki (was) still being investigated including but not limited to his headship of the SGBN and tenure as Kwara State Governor between 2003 and 2011, even as Saraki has repeatedly sought to stop these investigations by always rushing to the court to seek injunction against the Nigerian police and other agencies of government from investigating, arresting or prosecuting him.

One of such cases is Suit No. FHC/ABJ/CS/131/12 pending before the Federal High Court in Abuja, after a similar failed attempt before the Lagos judicial division of the same court.

It would appear that he merely filed the suit to tie the hands of the police from prosecuting him under the guise of lis pendis, as there has been no appreciable progress since the commencement of the matter almost two years ago.

Also in Suit No. KWS/74/2015, obtained vide a Motion Ex-parte before the Kwara State High Court, Ilorin an order of injunction to restrain at least 14 frontline media houses from publishing anything against him. Of course, he was granted his prayers even without any justifiable urgency, and further hearing in the Motion on Notice and the substantive suit has been stalled as the judge is said to be on Election Petition Tribunal assignment.

In the said case pending before the Federal High Court in Abuja since April 2012, the police filed a counter-affidavit, which revealed tongue-wagging details of humongous frauds against Kwara people and the Nigerian state. We refer the APC leadership to the affidavit dated April 23rd 2012 filed by the Nigerian Police. This affidavit detailed not just involvement in a N21 billion Intercontinental Bank loan scam but also how Kwara State assets were used to guarantee loans for private companies.
This affidavit detailed how personal aides allegedly made unlawful withdrawals from accounts belonging to a company owned by the deceased aide.

It is worthy to also mention a January 2nd, 2013, petition on the opaqueness surrounding ownership of the much-vaunted Shonga Farm was forwarded to the presidency. Documents and facts were supplied to implore the central government to save Kwara from the frauds called Shonga Farm. With hundreds of millions of taxpayers’ money and thousands of hectares of lands seized from the affected community in the guise of setting up a commercial farm in partnership with so-called Zimbabwean farmers, Kwara government has now told the people of the state that Shonga Farm is now owned by ‘private concerns.’

It is common knowledge that under his watch, the CBN declared Kwara State unbankable arising from the huge debts taken partly to fund this same Shonga Farm. And up till date, Kwara state allocation is still being deducted from source on account of Irrevocable Standing Payment Order.
In the same petition was detailed, the dubious ownership structure of Kwara Cargo Terminal and Kwara Metro Park, all white elephant projects set up with Kwara funds but are now being called private businesses. Also, the International Aviation College and the Kwara Diagnostic Centre which like the two above were funded from N17bn bond taken in Kwara’s name are now said to be owned by private concerns. All of these clearly raise serious integrity questions.

Also worthy of mention is a petition dated May 22, 2013, by a group called Kwara Action Against Corruption forwarded to the EFCC, detailing how over N1bn Kwara State fund (including loan obtained in Kwara name) and 30,000sqm of community land to the Kwara Mall (Shoprite) project without the state having shares legally linkable to it. Indeed, going by the record at the Corporate Affairs Commission, a copy of which was made available to the EFCC.

Nobody on the board of the company can be said to represent the interest of Kwara State. The 30% shares purportedly allocated to Kwara State Government was credited to Harmony Holdings, a company fully owned by private individuals.

Senator Saraki may not have been convicted of any of the alleged offences and therefore be deemed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law, but for his qualification for the esteemed office of Senate President, it will be morally proper and for the sake of transparency, Senator Saraki clears himself of those charges.

It is important that he or anyone else with allegations of such magnitude against them should not be considered for that high office. The President-elect, being a man of the highest integrity and upon whom the eyes of the whole world is set should have a strong interest in this matter lest his anti-corruption efforts be ridiculed.

Ogah Simon is the National Secretary African Arise Network For Change"

Culled from IlorinInfo Kwara
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by Kog45(m): 11:11am On May 11, 2015
emmasege:
It's either you ddon't know Bukky or you are paid to do his media job for him. That guy is too arrogant, ambitious and corrupt for APC to actualise their desired "change". If he has his way as the senate president, he can make history by impeaching buhari and osinbajo so he can realise his inordinate ambition. His larger than life posture in kwara state is annoying. Are we talking about a man who made Ilorinairport attain an "international status" (nothing international though about the airport) so he could do his money laundering business unhindered as a governor. The guy was regularly flying money out of Nigeria through his "international airport".
childish talk!saraki is flying money out of nigeria through his internatiinal airport.
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by emmasege: 1:38pm On May 11, 2015
Crownvillar:
@ OP......You post is just too kind to Bukola Saraki and should be seen as a compliment to him. Anyone that that is a keen follower and well versed in the affairs/political history of Kwara and Nigeria know that Bukola Saraki is a very greedy, common thief and corruption personified!!!!
Please help me tell them o. It's only someone who is a distant observer of Bukola and kwara politics and benefits directly/indurectly from his loots that will support him.
@Otunbakolawole, Bukky deserves all those attributes I earlier gave him. I've lived and worked in Ilorin before and have evidence of my allegation against him. Not every discussion is suitable for Nairaland as faceless as it is. And never you compare Olusola saraki with Bukola. The father was humane, lively & friendly while the son is arrogant with no good public relations especially towards the downtrodden whom you claimed he loves. Baba saraki would never look down on anyone no matter how lowly he is, but this his son is only morphologically the same as him; they are behaviourally miles apart. Gbemisola takes more of their father's behaviour. And in the area of corruption, Bukola is one of the most corrupt PDP governors Nigeria has ever witnessed.
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by bilms(m): 2:21pm On May 11, 2015
cheesy
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by otunbakolawole(m): 6:04pm On May 11, 2015
Well, not the Bukola Saraki I know.

Cheers

emmasege:
Please help me tell them o. It's only someone who is a distant observer of Bukola and kwara politics and benefits directly/indurectly from his loots that will support him.
@Otunbakolawole, Bukky deserves all those attributes I earlier gave him. I've lived and worked in Ilorin before and have evidence of my allegation against him. Not every discussion is suitable for Nairaland as faceless as it is. And never you compare Olusola saraki with Bukola. The father was humane, lively & friendly while the son is arrogant with no good public relations especially towards the downtrodden whom you claimed he loves. Baba saraki would never look down on anyone no matter how lowly he is, but this his son is only morphologically the same as him; they are behaviourally miles apart. Gbemisola takes more of their father's behaviour. And in the area of corruption, Bukola is one of the most corrupt PDP governors Nigeria has ever witnessed.
Re: Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President by bilms(m): 9:56pm On May 11, 2015
hum

(1) (Reply)

We Will Jam Radio Nigeria As A Sign Of Warning To Nigeria – Radio Biafra / Reception In Honour Of Rotimi Amaechi, Ongoing.. / Boko Haram Attacks Motorists At Maiduguri NNPC Filling Station (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.