Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state (60140 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Jhayeahsam01(m): 8:18pm On May 11, 2015
at this point. u nid to sale ur papa house and oda properties
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by musco4me: 8:18pm On May 11, 2015
jayedu108:
Hello people, please I need your advice and comments, as I intend to take my woman to the altar soon, and we are planning ahead towards that particular day we will say 'I do' to each other. Please advice me, as a young guy not that is strong financially but still hustling to be a man his woman will always be proud of. When marrying a girl from Delta, more precisely Delta Igbo, are their girls expensive?

And how much will it cost me for both the traditional and the white wedding? Kindly advice me if you have ever being married to girls from this tribe.

Thanks.
it depends on the side and the family ur marrying from. The bride price is very cheap. If its a family that doesnt like too much expenses, u will nt spend much. Infact they will even do the trad inside the palor with less than 20 ppl in attendance.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 11, 2015
dckelvin:

Guy,am beginning to doubt if u are really from delta for you to say dat OKO originated fro Benin

if u dont know about Agbor or Ika ask people that know.... oko na watin? (o-ko) na igbo?............. Nowadays, people spell indigenous name or words without the usual old vowels sign. thats why some words r confusing.

2 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by nwaezeubom: 8:28pm On May 11, 2015
We are igbos weather you like it or not, quit the shenanigans and accept who u are. it does not matter if u are ukwuani, ika, anioma, enuani, and or enuenu to coin another phrase, we are all igbos. Get with the program.

6 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by doubleking(m): 8:41pm On May 11, 2015
I married frm ukwani in 2011.d prideprice was 50k.I was also issued a certificateto dat effect but by and large it was fun

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by ibrokola(m): 8:47pm On May 11, 2015
Freemanan:

No my man.... No root of Muslims at all
OK bro. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Macelliot7(m): 8:48pm On May 11, 2015
donshaddow:

May God bless you for taking such a stand.... I had terrible experience on a thread about me being an ukwuani man and not to be called an Igbo.

We are distinctive tribes ans should be called and recognised as one.

www.nairaland.com/2271528/list-igbo-dialects-where-speakers/19#33107549
Hmm, Never knew u still felt bad about the thread... I was the author of the thread...
But, why do you dislike being Igbos....
Remember that an Anioma man(Chukwuma Nzeorgu) lead the coup that caused the Civil war....
We live in hard times...
But the end justifies the means....

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by vislabraye(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2015
tonychristopher:
nawa for you

why e come be traditional marriage, wetin u dey hide for ur villa

I have seen some cases like that
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by nwaezeubom: 8:57pm On May 11, 2015
I am tired of the ignorant people here, questionable origin meaning what. my great grand father was one the toughest king of my town; Obi egbune of isseles. I despise him for enslaving some people, how do we know who was born on a platter of gold and who was not? The OSU cast should be abolished and done away with. OSU, AMUSU and OGBOMEH should all be abolished and it is about time we collectively do that.

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 8:57pm On May 11, 2015
vislabraye:

I have seen some cases like that

Look am well

Those people don comit for villa...but how person go marry the man no go know the villa as in traditions

Nawa

2 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 8:59pm On May 11, 2015
nwaezeubom:
I am tired of the ignorant people here, questionable origin meaning what. my great grand father was one the toughest king of my town; Obi egbune of isseles. I despise him for enslaving some people, how do we know who was born on a platter of gold and who was not? The OSU cast should be abolished and done away with. OSU, AMUSU and OGBOMEH should all be abolished and it is about time we collectively do that.

It has been abolished but wait bro ...do they have that in isele ukwu
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 9:01pm On May 11, 2015
nwaezeubom:
We are igbos weather you like it or not, quit the shenanigans and accept who u are. it does not matter if u are ukwuani, ika, anioma, enuani, and or enuenu to coin another phrase, we are all igbos. Get with the program.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by PreciousAmaka(f): 9:02pm On May 11, 2015
jayedu108:
Ok for instance my girls parents are all based in lagos,does dat entail dat if we want to prepare for the traditional wedding it will be held here in lagos or we would have to return back to their village to hold the traditional wedding?am still confused here on this cos she was saying it can still be done here in lagos I mean the traditional wedding since her folks are and family are all based in lag.
well I am planning mine too and I asked my mum same questions, she said we could have
the traditional wedding any where, all we can do is to send for about 6 -7 family village numbers down to our location..........for the money thing,its all depending to ur understanding wife to be and family..congratulation in advance...we make good wives and mothers

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 9:02pm On May 11, 2015
nwaezeubom:

Nna gi muli gi

True son of a father pure bred
Dalu

3 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 9:05pm On May 11, 2015
PreciousAmaka:

well I am planning mine too and I asked my mum same questions, she said we could have
the traditional wedding any where, all we can do is to send for about 6 -7 family village numbers down to our location..........for the money thing,its all depending to ur understanding wife to be and family..congratulation in advance...we make good wives and mothers

Odiegwu...your mum has no say here cos its the man that recieve the dowry

Was hers in town

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by marvelito: 9:10pm On May 11, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Girls from DELTA pay for their own bride prices o! cheesy
They are not cheap. . . T HEY JUST BUY THEIR OWN HUSBANDS! kiss
u are high my friend. D stuf u are taking must be very strong on u.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 11, 2015
nwaezeubom:

God punish ur mouth. R u going to force igbo on us?........... The fight to defeat Biafra was staged in these strategic region. OUR ANCESTORS REJECTED IGBO WHY ON EARTH SHALL WE ACCEPT THEM?
They should carry their cross and fight for Biafra alone.

After all, Calarba have language similarity with Ghana. eg with the names like essien, etim, inyang etc.

3 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 9:11pm On May 11, 2015
theshield:

if u dont know about Agbor or Ika ask people that know.... oko na watin? (o-ko) na igbo?............. Nowadays, people spell indigenous name or words without the usual old vowels sign. thats why some words r confusing.

Your not a pure blood your fake igbo

Now oko is an igbo word meaning man or male

While nwanyi or mgbo is woman

Go back and trace ur history

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by luvprince4real(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2015
jayedu108:
Hello people, please I need your advice and comments, as I intend to take my woman to the altar soon, and we are planning ahead towards that particular day we will say 'I do' to each other. Please advice me, as a young guy not that is strong financially but still hustling to be a man his woman will always be proud of. When marrying a girl from Delta, more precisely Delta Igbo, are their girls expensive?

And how much will it cost me for both the traditional and the white wedding? Kindly advice me if you have ever being married to girls from this tribe.

Thanks.
which part of anioma is she from? Dis will assist me in helping u. Proudly anioma.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Your not a pure blood your fake igbo

Now oko is an igbo word meaning man or male

While nwanyi or mgbo is woman

Go back and trace ur history

una get mouth....
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 9:15pm On May 11, 2015
theshield:

God punish ur mouth. R u going to force igbo on us?........... The fight to defeat Biafra was staged in these strategic region. OUR ANCESTORS REJECTED IGBO WHY ON EARTH SHALL WE ACCEPT THEM?
They should carry their cross and fight for Biafra alone.

After all, Calarba have language similarity with Ghana. eg with the names like essien, etim, inyang etc.

Ewu go and sit down and trace your ancestory ...i will take obi of agbor position not yours cos obi has never said he is not igbo but ur nobody and migrant with questionable parental hstory
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by BlissB(f): 9:16pm On May 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Exactly my sister... Mingwo
what...u won put me for trouble...abeg o

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by vislabraye(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Look am well

Those people don comit for villa...but how person go marry the man no go know the villa as in traditions

Nawa

That does not mean the man won't know her village. But I have seen some traditional weddings in Lagos.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Ewu go and sit down and trace your ancestory ...i will take obi of agbor position not yours cos obi has never said he is not igbo but ur nobody and migrant with questionable parental hstory
iidiot. for now nothing like obi of Agbor; is "Dein of Agbor".........AND THE WORD "DEIN" IS NEVER IGBO.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 9:22pm On May 11, 2015
theshield:

IS OKOWA IGBO? OKOWA MEAN A MAN OR PERSON FROM OWA.... THE LANGUAGE OKO IN THIS ASPECT IS ORIGINATED FROM BENIN.
Ifeanyi is igbo but the real name for ika origin is Ihienyi........ifeanyi or Ihianyi are same.

so u come dey teach a man wey senior u and more educated than u how to spell him name

Imo call iheanyi anambra delta enugu call ifeanyi

Bring another lie

oko is an igbo word for male or man

that is why you have OKONKWO ..Man born on Nkwo day
okeafor Man born on Afor day
Nwoko meaning son of a man or a boy

mgbo is an igbo word meaning woman
mgboeke ...a woman born on eke day
mgbeafor..woman born on AFOR day

OBI OF OWA said they are from nri...pls go back and do your research benin wanna be

theshield theshield theshield how many times dis i call you

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 9:25pm On May 11, 2015
theshield:

iidiot. for now nothing like obi of Agbor; is "Dein of Agbor".........AND THE WORD "DEIN" IS NEVER IGBO.

Do you realise that owerri peeps call dee for man daa for woman as a respect

Wetin dein mean

Bring another lie

Fake igbo
Fake benin
Finest identity complex

I ready for u

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

so u come dey teach a man wey senior u and more educated than u how to spell him name

Imo call iheanyi anambra delta enugu call ifeanyi

Bring another lie

we reject igbo. make una carry una wahala go Biafra
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Do you realise that owerri peeps call dee for man daa for woman as a respect

Wetin dein mean

Bring another lie

Fake igbo
Fake benin
Finest identity complex

I ready for u

mr. fo0l google "Dein of Agbor" and see what will come out....
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 9:28pm On May 11, 2015
vislabraye:

That does not mean the man won't know her village. But I have seen some traditional weddings in Lagos.

So when will the bride family introduce the groom formally

Nawa things dey happen sha

Lord forbid that they marry and do my sister trad outside

Oh they are all married atleast our inlaws know that we aint out casts

It's a respect

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 9:30pm On May 11, 2015
theshield:

mr. fo0l google "Dein of Agbor" and see what will come out....

Anu ..Google help me lol

U r not a pure blood but efulefu

Tell the world the meaning of dein
When did the king disclaim igbo

Tell us

Ewu Benin

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by PreciousAmaka(f): 9:30pm On May 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Odiegwu...your mum has no say here cos its the manat recieve the dowry

Was hers in town
.....yes oh....u funny oh, u can do ur traditional marriage anywhere...I talk out of experience.....
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Anu ..Google help me lol

U r not a pure blood but efulefu

Tell the world the meaning of dein
When did the king disclaim igbo

Tell us

Ewu Benin

ya la-iwi................ ya ranhi edeke-hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

19-Year-Old Brazilian Lady Gives Birth To Twins With 2 Different Fathers (Pix) / My Husband Pours "Anointing Oil" In My Vagina Before Sex- Wife / Alhaji Yakubu Nasfi Wedding To Underage Girl In Niger State. Photos & Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.