Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect (989 Views)

Former Enugu Governor, Sullivan Chime Not Dead – Government Sources / Man Treks From Abeokuta To Lagos For Tinubu, Others / Man Treks From Lagos To Abuja To Fulfil The Vow He Made If Buhari Wins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by pijango(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2015
Another man has joined the trekking trend. This time, a 200-level student of the Open University of Nigeria,Joseph Iyoke, trekked from Aba to Nsukka to honour the Enugu State Governor-elect, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

According to NAN, Iyoke, told newsmen on Saturday in Nsukka, that he took off for the journey from CMS road in Aba on May 4, at about 4: 30 a.m.He said

“I did it to honour the governor elect of Enugu State; we have been waiting who will become governor of Enugu State from Nsukka for long time.
I started on Monday at 4:30 a.m.; it is joyful journey I took, it is full of joy. I was not told by nobody to embark on this journey. If I have been told by anybody, I could have withdrawn because it is full of stress. I did it to know the governor-elect.

“There are no good roads and electricity in Nsukka; only the people from Nsukka know the needs of Nsukka people. Nsukka people have been marginalised for a very long; I am happy that Nsukka man has been elected governor of Enugu State. This small signpost on my hand were many when I started this long trekking, I dropped many of them along the roads I passed. At night, I look for where to sleep in order to continue the journey by 4:30 a.m. the next day.”

Receiving the trekker on arrival in Nsukka, Paschal Ugwu, Director-General, Youth to Youth Campaign for the governor-elect, said that what Iyoke did was a landmark achievement as well as and his own best way to celebrate the governor-elect.

“It is not an easy task; it shows the governor-elect as man of the people. At the appropriate time, he will be taken to the governor-elect for special hand shake, as Ugwuanyi has been informed of what Iyoke did to honour him.”

http://www.pijangonews.com/2015/05/trekking-madness-man-treks-from-aba-to.html

Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by omenka(m): 10:05pm On May 09, 2015
This hustle seems to have assumed a life form of its own. E be like na the Otuoke trekker own go pure pass.

Keep trekking boys. Nothing do una. smiley

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by 15Sirdeen(m): 10:11pm On May 09, 2015
k
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by RobinHez(m): 10:11pm On May 09, 2015
They rejected the train GEJ gave them... they prefer Trekking...
i just wonder how the rest of the world would be viewing nigeria now.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by kendrick9(m): 10:14pm On May 09, 2015
this isn't funny anymore
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by Skanas(m): 10:14pm On May 09, 2015
Kai naija!!! Una sef sabi over do tins sha...
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by MrScript(m): 10:16pm On May 09, 2015
Abeg make person Carry chain follow am b4 d madness escalate.. And Buhari needs 2 set a committee 2 curb dis incessant madness. Ayam tayad o..
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by zigger(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2015
Naija go soon make record for this
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by Idrismusty97(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2015
Buhari should make trekking illegal tongue.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by Samchelsea(m): 10:18pm On May 09, 2015
Suffering for what you believe in brings reward
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by Agimor(m): 10:18pm On May 09, 2015
I'm yet to envisage the rationale behide all these voluntary trekkers or is there an incentive or financial motivator behide the scene.
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by Gerryboy(m): 10:24pm On May 09, 2015
Na wa 4 una na treking una take dey greet person way win election. Anyhw #Godwin
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 09, 2015
Unemployment and Poverty is ravaging Nigeria.

God help youths..
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by Osirimononaye(m): 10:26pm On May 09, 2015
I think Nigeria shld, come up with trekking Day, to honour our past Hero's and Leaders, wot do u think? grin grin
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by FitnessNigeria: 10:28pm On May 09, 2015
Now, I'm officially angry with this trekers. Make una no trek come my side, unless una wan chop plenty slap
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by kestolove95(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2015
Na dat lagos to abuja trekker cox all dix wahala now...transport moni go soon drop cox of all dix self
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by tiwaz(m): 6:05am On May 10, 2015
this is going out of hand buhari should do something
Re: Photo: Man Treks From Aba To Nsukka To Honour Enugu Governor-elect by Trypa(f): 7:47am On May 10, 2015
Please house am here to ask you guys for a favour please
VOTE TRYPA AS NEXT MISS NAIRALAND www.nairaland.com/trypa
Please am counting on you guys. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Audu Declares For Kogi Governorship Seat / Twin Bomb Blast In Borno State / Why Do Most Nigerians Behave Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.