Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day (18558 Views)

Man Dumped On Wedding Day Over Low Sperm Impregnates New Wife (pic) / Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day For Being A Drop-Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by TheFilmmaker: 11:09am On May 11, 2015
Is this your WAEC question?
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by hansbad: 11:18am On May 11, 2015
Whatever cool
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by mignone(f): 11:20am On May 11, 2015
psucc:
The essence of that white garment had been defeated. It signifies virginity and purity and the unveiling signifying she had no canal knowledge of any man but today we retain the tradition but discard the purpose.
u're right. white 4 virgins; cream/butter colour 4 non-V; pink 4 widows re-marrying
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by SAMBARRY: 11:21am On May 11, 2015
sweetgala:

Since it seems you wore white gown for your wedding , can we assume you practised chastity or did you cheat
that is not me in the picture. Stick to the topic Sir
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by obiak4(m): 11:26am On May 11, 2015
Cy4praise:
I have been thinking aloud and asking myself this question. "Why do ladies wear white gown and guys wear other colours during wedding?" It is called white wedding so I think both are supposed to wear white.

Your opinion is welcome
it a Western culture alien to African
white is supposed to signify PURITY
WHAT NOWADAYS WE WEAR IT UNWORTHY
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by rhames(m): 11:28am On May 11, 2015
And she can even wear a bikini for all I care. I am married anyway. cheesy
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Raphtop(m): 11:37am On May 11, 2015
question for the gods or beta still, guguram
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by madeinnigeria: 11:42am On May 11, 2015
I have always noticed that there are so many 'why ladies this why ladies that' thread on here. Is it that there is nothing else to talk about.. What other colour should they use for the wedding gown (indigo right.) .. I just feel people come on here to express the different things rioting in their minds cos its a forum that doesnt required ones legit identity
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by clemz88(m): 11:45am On May 11, 2015
Why can't they wear shimi and boomshort.
I think the tradition of wearing only white should be changed becos most ladies are not pure as they claim to be .
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by sweetgala(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2015
SAMBARRY:
that is not me in the picture. Stick to the topic Sir

I think the whole white wedding thing has become laughable in Nigeria. It has become big business for venue owners, catering services and makeup artists , they even pay to tie gele these days.

The essence of the day has been trivialised
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by SAMBARRY: 12:06pm On May 11, 2015
sweetgala:

I think the whole white wedding thing has become laughable in Nigeria. It has become big business for venue owners, catering services and makeup artists , they even pay to tie gele these days.

The essence of the day has been trivialised
no it hasn't. Besides everyone makes business out of everything. Teachers make money from teaching illiterates, caterers make money from the hungry etc

so it all boils down to how you perceive things

Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by bigiyaro(m): 12:19pm On May 11, 2015
Cy4praise:
I have been thinking aloud and asking myself this question. "Why do ladies wear white gown and guys wear other colours during wedding?" It is called white wedding so I think both are supposed to wear white.

Your opinion is welcome
ladies wear white cos its dia happiest day, but dont ask me y guys wear black.
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by jay44(m): 12:20pm On May 11, 2015
Its was neva part of us. its jus a white man's tin.
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:
See question. Smh
kip shaking the big till it falls off
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by EbonyCy(f): 1:22pm On May 11, 2015
becos na so e supox be
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by UIA04(f): 1:23pm On May 11, 2015
Previously women wore their best clothes for their wedding however Queen Victoria popularised the wearing of white wedding dresses when she wore a white dress in her marriage to Prince Albert of
Saxe-Coburg and Gotha on 10 February 1840.
After that women generally sewed white wedding dresses according to the style and trend of the time till the 60's when people returned to the victoriana email style of 'Princess like' full gowns which have continued to be popular till today
Hope you find this helpful
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Everydaeguy(m): 1:24pm On May 11, 2015
Cy4praise:

Your opinion is welcome
its a matter of choice if the guy wants to put on a white suit,buh I'l let your imagination do the magic......how would you look on a white suit??....
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Everydaeguy(m): 1:27pm On May 11, 2015
clemz88:
Why can't they wear shimi and boomshort.
I think the tradition of wearing only white should be changed becos most ladies are not pure as they claim to be .
I've seen a weddn ceremony where the both couples were but naked in the church....'Church'...yeah....church'
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Everydaeguy(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2015
bigiyaro:
ladies wear white cos its dia happiest day, but dont ask me y guys wear black.
for guys,its the indefinite beginning of their sad days.....
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by babfet(m): 1:30pm On May 11, 2015
Is only in Nigeria that you weds 3 times. Traditional, church / mosque and. Court
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by 4everisaac(m): 1:32pm On May 11, 2015
donbenedict:
Why can't they wear a swim suit

or even tie wrapper.
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by clemz88(m): 1:41pm On May 11, 2015
Everydaeguy:
I've seen a weddn ceremony where the both couples were but naked in the church....'Church'...yeah....church'
huh! Were the members and pastors also naked
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 11, 2015
See kweshion oh, naa black dem for wear undecided
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Everydaeguy(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2015
clemz88:
huh! Were the members and pastors also naked
nah!!!but the couples were...
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Rosemary216(f): 2:20pm On May 11, 2015
To me Its nt a must to wear white. Bt ppl would say better to wear white during the mass/service and ur choice durin the reception jst to show chastity (even if u are nt)..
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by danielayodele16(m): 3:30pm On May 11, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Because it's assumed that every bride is a virgin

Thank God u used the word assume if not, I for come there con slap craze comot from ur head.....
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by raphoo(m): 3:36pm On May 11, 2015
Is for lady who av not born any child b4, if a lady has had a child or more she can not wear white

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by iwakacome: 5:03pm On May 11, 2015
Nigerians are unrepentant pretenders, imagine the same guys that would go all ends just to defile a lady, call himself a king for entering her leg now calling her a hoe, he that is without sin kindly throw the first stone.....#alphapretenders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by SAMBARRY: 5:10pm On May 11, 2015
danielayodele16:

Thank God u used the word assume if not, I for come there con slap craze comot from ur head.....
go and practice that on your mother. Mshewwww undecided
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by SAMBARRY: 5:11pm On May 11, 2015
iwakacome:
Nigerians are unrepentant pretenders, imagine the same guys that would go all ends just to defile a lady, call himself a king for entering her leg now calling her a hoe, he that is without sin kindly throw the first stone.....#alphapretenders

you just dey know grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Blame Women For Everything?? / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? / Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.