Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day (18554 Views)

Man Dumped On Wedding Day Over Low Sperm Impregnates New Wife (pic) / Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day For Being A Drop-Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Isiterere(m): 10:36am On May 11, 2015
It is the tradition though it's borrowed tradition.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by DjHypno(m): 10:36am On May 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by corisande: 10:37am On May 11, 2015
I wish I knew
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by afuye(m): 10:37am On May 11, 2015
LOL .... grin grin grin grin
youngberry001:
cat,crocodile, cockroache
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Homguy(m): 10:38am On May 11, 2015
Purity! That's why. It made sense in past times when chastity was the vogue. In these days when immorality is celebrated, am not so sure of the significance of a white wedding gown.

1 Like

Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:38am On May 11, 2015
[size=38pt]SLAVE MENTALITY TO THE COLONIST![/size]

6 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by jamesbridget13(f): 10:39am On May 11, 2015
i guess dats d way.its been done
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Nobody: 10:39am On May 11, 2015
Because its presumed that every bride is a virgin. But in Nigeria, I recommend that its made mandatory that every Nigerian bride wear red because all of them don cast finish!

1 Like

Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Stanleyafam(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2015
Cy4praise:

That means if u r not a virgin u r not supposed to wear d white gown but a spotted one.

Off white does it for non virgins
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by sweetgala(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2015
Signifies purity and chaste
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by AmaechiLinus(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2015
Google is d quickest place 2 find d ansa
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by sweetgala(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Because it's assumed that every bride is a virgin

Since it seems you wore white gown for your wedding , can we assume you practised chastity or did you cheat
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Nobody: 10:42am On May 11, 2015
Some men are so bad that they can take on any girl even on the wedding floor, so the bride needs to be on white so everyone will be monitoring the broom abi na groom.
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by michealade(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2015
exxell:
Because its presumed that every bride is a virgin. But in Nigeria, I recommend that its made mandatory that every Nigerian bride wear red because all of them don cast finish!
bad guy.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by kay29000(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2015
I have been thinking along that lines too. I plan to have my wife wear blue, and I will wear a white tux...with black pants. Anyway,if you have problem lastinglong in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by sunsewa: 10:44am On May 11, 2015
in China some brides wear red colour instead of white on wedding day.
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by donbrowser(m): 10:45am On May 11, 2015
greatgod2012:
To me personally.
It's just a borrowed western culture!
That's how the whites have been doing it and we borrowed it.
*postrates* pls wear Ankara on your wedding day
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by michealade(m): 10:45am On May 11, 2015
dmandy:
Some men are so bad that they can take on any girl even on the wedding floor, so the bride needs to be on white so everyone will be monitoring the broom abi na groom.
wat is dis one sayin
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Nobody: 10:47am On May 11, 2015
gibberish
michealade:
wat is dis one sayin
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by 2goodbobo(m): 10:47am On May 11, 2015
Because it signifies purity since is their first wedding. However, when a lady or woman is marrying for
the second time, she goes for a different color.
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by helphelp: 10:48am On May 11, 2015
Because dem be virgins...."inside their minds though "
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by kent79: 10:48am On May 11, 2015
The English culture
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by xynerise: 10:50am On May 11, 2015
Formalities sake
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by sudonym(m): 10:50am On May 11, 2015
White wedding gowns have nothing to do with purity or virginity.
Queen Victoria wore it and it became the fashion.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_wedding
Follow the link.
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by RealSleek(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2015
White is for virgins, hoes shud wear red gown abeg undecided embarassed
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by RealSleek(m): 10:57am On May 11, 2015
Posd:
Dope tune: Woju Remix (Mapoly Version) - Rio x Flowz x Drey (WCG)... follow this link to download this hot MAPOLY Jamz: http://mapolyinfo..com/2015/05/woju-remix-mapoly-version-rio-x-flowz-x.html

Y'all look more like war refugees than musicians....God bless ur hustles tho...if music no work try baba ijebu ijebu tongue
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Nobody: 11:01am On May 11, 2015
Cy4praise:
I have been thinking aloud and asking myself this question. "Why do ladies wear white gown and guys wear other colours during wedding?" It is called white wedding so I think both are supposed to wear white.

Your opinion is welcome

The practice came from the British....thanks to the wedding of Queen Victoria....who when she married her husband Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg Gotha in 1840....wore a white gown....making white wedding gowns fashionable.

See here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_wedding
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by awelemma: 11:02am On May 11, 2015
our own cultural Nigerian wedding is the one been done/perform in ur fathers compound but white is borrowed culture of foreigners, and that's while Nigerian must stop imitating some satin lifestyles.
according to God in the bible, once a man carries his people and meet ur own (her) people and she agrees to marry you in the of the two families who are the eyes witness that this both two are declared to be man and wife, and he pays the bride price ( money) of the woman, they have become husband and wife. all these white wedding, barbecue nights, calling and broadcasting it to the whole continents is a show but who has the money to call and wear millions of white gowns and suits should go ahead with his/her own way.
please let just stop making marriage look as if is only for the rich and celebrities wink
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by peteruuu(m): 11:03am On May 11, 2015
fabulous660:
the white gown wore by the women signifies purity and also means the lady is still a virgin.

but now.... even the demon possessed women, Harlot and bitchs were white gown
I dey tell you grin
Re: Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day by Nobody: 11:03am On May 11, 2015
mashmoney02:
;..

+2348141215447 is your number, not so?

Why don't you just tell us you need airtime. Some chaps would be glad to help you....

Don't tell lies. It is not Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Needs Ur Help On A Yoruba Poem For His Mom's Birthday VERY URGENT / Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? / A Nairalander Mother And Son Celebrate Birthday Same Day And Share Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.