Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,443 members, 7,861,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:31 AM

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos (613 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oba Akiolu Of Lagos / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat / Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by milestonejnr(m): 5:44am On May 11, 2015
The Oba of Lagos, Riliwanu Akiolu, in an exclusive interview with Punch While responding to a question on the threat he issued out to Igbo residents in Lagos State if they did not vote for Akinwunmi Ambode of the APC, said there is a need for non-indigenes in Lagos State to respect the tradition and culture of their host.

“Eze Odimegwu, who is a former CEO of Nigerian Breweries, is still my best friend as well as many others. The Obi of Onitsha came to visit me here a few days ago. When you go to a place, you have to respect the host leaders, particularly the traditional leaders there because you are coming to benefit from their success.
“The people of Lagos are the friendliest and most accommodating people in Nigeria.Those who orchestrated the entire incident know themselves and I tell you, those (Igbo leaders) who came here on that day understand me a lot and have even been coming since then,” he said.
Akiolu said many of the non-indigenes were deceived by politicians in their quest for power...He said
“The man that promised to hand them deputy governorship slot and four commissioner positions and would elevate the status of Eze Ndigbo to that of Oba of Lagos has since denied it.
“It was all a political gimmick because I am sure they know that he was only deceiving them. As a matter of fact, prominent traditional rulers in the South-East have been writing us to say that they are not happy about the large number of ezes in Lagos.”“By the Grace of Almighty Allah and my ancestors in this house, the Governor-elect, Ambode, will rule for eight years with a good performance.”

http://www.gistalive.com/2015/05/non-indigenes-in-lagost-respect-host-oba-lagos.html
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by abduljabbar4(m): 5:53am On May 11, 2015
God bless you sir. He is better than shehu Idris who only cares about what he gets from the govt
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:01am On May 11, 2015
Una don start again bah? After he'll deny he said such. Why can't you lots keep igbos out of your mouths? The way you guys go about talking about igbos gives them the "god" like status
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Zonacom(m): 6:12am On May 11, 2015
Respect is reciprocal not a one way thing.
I'm also against the high number of Ezes in Lagos and some other places.

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by bewla(m): 6:17am On May 11, 2015
let them no my king mean them well
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Burger01(m): 6:21am On May 11, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Godfullsam(m): 6:29am On May 11, 2015
Oba Akinolu of Lagos said NON-INDIGENES should respect their host.

I see the Ndigbos taking this personal, as if they are the only non-indegenes in Lagos state undecided.

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Utchgirl(f): 7:06am On May 11, 2015
U use mouth to send a child out of ur houz bt u will use eyez to send an adult 4rm ur houz. We know wia u r comin frm and we equally knw wia u r going to.
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by disumusa: 8:01am On May 11, 2015
Why ibo yamini claim any place they go is that nothing like bastard in igbo land any how you born cary come
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by AmiLaHoit(f): 8:49am On May 11, 2015
disumusa:
Why ibo yamini claim any place they go is that nothing like bastard in igbo land any how you born cary come

Is this supposed to be a question or an opinion?
Who was your English teacher? undecided
Your use of the English language though, no coma, no full-stop
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Emphany: 8:53am On May 11, 2015
This man is the most stupid king i've ever heard of. Can someone please tell him to shut up.
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Emphany: 8:56am On May 11, 2015
disumusa:
Now what is this Idiat talking about! Check every hooks and crannings of d north,then disqualify a yoruba man as a "bastard"...i'm not an igbo man...but please shut-up.
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by ogawisdom(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2015
D drunk oba no one takes u serious any longer except gullible minds. cheesy
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts- Oba Akiolu Of Lagos by T9ksy(m): 9:25am On May 11, 2015
Emphany:
This man is the most stupid king i've ever heard of. Can someone please tell him to shut up.

Am sure you know where his palace is, feel free to do the honours..................

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Denies Assassination Attempt / Have Nepa Ever Forgot To Share Bill In Your Area ?? / ‘Even If I Know Where Abubakar Shekau Is , I Won’t Tell,’ Chadian President Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.