Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (128793 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 3:25pm On May 15, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Yes, lol, This Morpheaus character, always trips on his own shoelaces, contradictions all the way ha ha

What is contradictory about letting people know Xenophobia is alive and well in SA. I have singing that tune since 2008 and have been vindicated.

Simple because your government managed to sweep it under the rug for the time being doesn't mean its gone. Root causes haven't been dealt with and until then

SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA!!!

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by DieVluit: 3:44pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

What is contradictory about letting people know Xenophobia is alive and well in SA. I have singing that tune since 2008 and have been vindicated.

Simple because your government managed to sweep it under the rug for the time being doesn't mean its gone. Root causes haven't been dealt with and until then

SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA!!!

#SayNoToSouthAfricaPhobia, in fact.

What you are fighting against is Morpheus phobia cause that's what you experienced when you were in SA.

You are like a guy who practises misogyny, who is then surprised when women reject him. The more he fails to score a girlfriend, the more he hates women, the more the women keep rejecting him. Its a cycle, my friend. You are frustrated and are a victim, but you have yourself to blame for that.

If you were truly fighting for justice, you'd be fighting against the ills in your own country. But no, you don't care about that. Its SA that you care about, cause they hurt you.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 3:50pm On May 15, 2015
DieVluit:

#SayNoToSouthAfricaPhobia, in fact.
What you are fighting against is Morpheus phobia cause that's what you experienced when you were in SA.
You are like a guy who practises misogyny, who is then surprised when women reject him. The more he fails to score a girlfriend, the more he hates women, the more the women keep rejecting him. Its a cycle, my friend. You are frustrated and are a victim, but you have yourself to blame for that.
If you were truly fighting for justice, you'd be fighting against the ills in your own country. But no, you don't care about that. Its SA that you care about, cause they hurt you.

Projecting!! Did your Zulu father terrorize you that much.

No matter how many times you say it and how much you want to believe it. Noone hurt me in South Africa.

Say it loud

#SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA in SOUTH AFRICA!

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by DieVluit: 3:51pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

IT can't apply to South Africans. Xenophobia runs in their veins.

Ps...Damn you sound so much like CraigB. Did you guys go to the same school?

Bwahaha, you mean drugLord phobia? Is that what you mean?

Cause you've pretty much accepted that you cant judge people just because they are South African. Your words. Not mine.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 3:52pm On May 15, 2015
DieVluit:

Bwahaha, you mean drugLord phobia? Is that what you mean?
Cause you've pretty much accepted that you cant judge people just because they are South African. Your words. Not mine.

I haven't accepted anything. You are simply projecting!
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by DieVluit: 3:59pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

Projecting. Did you Zulu father terrorize you that much.

No matter how much you want to believe it. Noone hurt me in South Africa

Say it loud

#SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA in SOUTH AFRICA!

#SayNoToSAPhobia

Simple as that.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by DieVluit: 4:00pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

I haven't accepted anything. You are simply projecting!

Oh,yes you have. Do you even know what projecting means?

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:02pm On May 15, 2015
DieVluit:

#SayNoToSAPhobia
Simple as that.

#SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA

#SAYNOTOZULUMADNESS

Double simple at that!

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by DieVluit: 4:05pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

#SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA

#SAYNOTOZULUMADNESS

Double simple at that!

Yet, it is Nigerians that are refugees in SA. Not the other way round. Stop SA phobia. SA PHOBIA IS ALIVE AND WELL IN NIGERIA.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:07pm On May 15, 2015
DieVluit:

Oh,yes you have. Do you even know what projecting means?

Your feeble attempts at trying to rationalize the reason behind my motives will leave your head spinning.

If you wish to continue this stare down competition. Go ahead.

Yes, you are projecting that anger you feel towards your father for abandoning you when you were born and shacking up with another woman in Kwazulu natal.

I am not your father, Dievluit. I am just a messenger on Nairaland

SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA!

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:10pm On May 15, 2015
DieVluit:

Yet, it is Nigerians that are refugees in SA. Not the other way round. Stop SA phobia. SA PHOBIA IS ALIVE AND WELL IN NIGERIA.

Yes it is the legacy of Apatheid that has left you all with pent up anger issues and violent tendencies towards strangers.

They say when you "let animals out cages, its dangerous to people who look like strangers"...DR DRE Chronic 2001. Bad azz album.

SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA!!

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by kachiz(m): 4:16pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

Eyyah!

Sorry we go soon comot. I know say you be wan go Southie for holiday but xenophobia dey there o!

Maybe for holiday or maybe for something more. Every country has its own issues. People still go to Libya and Syria because they believe they will make something out of it.

The guys that were giving us useful info and guidelines have all backed down because of you peoples fight.

You guys should kindly calm down so that they can come and continue.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:27pm On May 15, 2015
kachiz:

Maybe for holiday or maybe for something more. Every country has its own issues. People still go to Libya and Syria because they believe they will make something out of it.
The guys that were giving us useful info and guidelines have all backed down because of you peoples fight.
You guys should kindly calm down so that they can come and continue.

Sorry.

I had a colleague(lady) I was speaking with last week whose family was also planning a trip and she too was concerned about the recent xenophobic acts and I tried to let her know that social media did exaggerate the issue.

You can travel to South Africa on holiday, nothing will happen to you as long as you do the usual tourist thing. The country likes when you are coming to spend money with them

I would strongly suggest Cape town as your destination because it is a lot more tourist friendly. You will loose a lot of the "African" feel if you do go there.

If you wish to experience a more African vibe then rent a vehicle (if you can drive right hand drive) and make your way to Kruger national park.

If you are coming to South Africa to Hustle, please stay back, you will experience Xenophobia without a doubt.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by kachiz(m): 4:49pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

Sorry.

I had a colleague(lady) I was speaking with last week whose family was also planning a trip and she too was concerned about the recent xenophobic acts and I tried to let her know that social media did exaggerate the issue.

You can travel to South Africa on holiday, nothing will happen to you as long as you do the usual tourist thing. The country likes when you are coming to spend money with them

I would strongly suggest Cape town as your destination because it is a lot more tourist friendly. You will loose a lot of the "African" feel if you do go there.

If you wish to experience a more African vibe then rent a vehicle (if you can drive right hand drive) and make your way to Kruger national park.

If you are coming to South Africa to Hustle, please stay back, you will experience Xenophobia without a doubt.

Lol, no I am not planning to go there for hustling.
My sister lives in Durban with the husband, they said the unrest wasn't everywhere like the way the media made it look.

If I am going there, it will be for MSc .
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 5:00pm On May 15, 2015
kachiz:

Lol, no I am not planning to go there for hustling.
My sister lives in Durban with the husband, they said the unrest wasn't everywhere like the way the media made it look.
If I am going there, it will be for MSc .

You are better off then going to the general inquiries Visa to South Africa thread here on the travel section. Lots of info for prospective students who wish to study there.

The OP's circumstances in Nigeria shows that he took a huge risk in relocating to SA and as you know Nigerians are very stubborn, until they see with their eyes. If you warn them, they will say you want to block their progress.

Even if you do finish school there, it is still difficult to come out and get something. The country is experiencing around 36% unemployment rate with the majority unskilled and under skilled making up the bulk. Professionals such as engineers, Doctors and the likes fair better because there is a need for them. All others will struggle for quite a number of years before they find their feet.

South Africa of 2000 is not the same as the one of today. Many social and economic issues are mounting and it is not the el dorado many seem to think it is.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by kachiz(m): 5:06pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

You are better off then going to the general inquiries Visa to South Africa thread here on the travel section. Lots of info for prospective students who wish to study there.

The OP's circumstances in Nigeria shows that he took a huge risk in relocating to SA and as you know Nigerians are very stubborn, until they see with their eyes. If you warn them, they will say you want to block their progress.

Even if you do finish school there, it is still difficult to come out and get something. The country is experiencing around 36% unemployment rate with the majority unskilled and under skilled making up the bulk. Professionals such as engineers, Doctors and the likes fair better because there is a need for them. All others will struggle for quite a number of years before they find their feet.

South Africa of 2000 is not the same as the one of today. Many social and economic issues are mounting and it is not the el dorado many seem to think it is.

Thanks, will do.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by MduZA: 6:05pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

who ever takes your advice is doing it on their own peril....your bitterness is alarming,south Africa unemployment rate stands on 24% not 36%...you failed to make your mark in SA now you are trying hard to demonize her...you made a comment on this very thread that Nigerians parade expensive cars in front of hostel dwellers...in other words Nigerians are living large in SA...now you have changed the tune...

you are a fool

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by DieVluit: 6:53pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

Yes it is the legacy of Apatheid that has left you all with pent up anger issues and violent tendencies towards strangers.

They say when you "let animals out cages, its dangerous to people who look like strangers"...DR DRE Chronic 2001. Bad azz album.

SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA!!

What exactly is the legacy of apartheid and what about it? You just say things because they sound nice. It's been shown already that you know zero about South Africa. Also, the legacy of apartheid is clearly better than the "present and future" of Nigeria, given the movement of refugees from Nigeria to South Africa. You included.

#SayNoToSAPhobia. Stop the bitter refugees.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by DieVluit: 6:54pm On May 15, 2015
MduZA:

who ever takes your advice is doing it on their own peril....your bitterness is alarming,south Africa unemployment rate stands on 24% not 36%...you failed to make your mark in SA now you are trying hard to demonize her...you made a comment on this very thread that Nigerians parade expensive cars in front of hostel dwellers...in other words Nigerians are living large in SA...now you have changed the tune...

you are a fool

Combine foolishness with heartbreak and hurt. The result is Morpheus.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by DieVluit: 6:58pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

Your feeble attempts at trying to rationalize the reason behind my motives will leave your head spinning.

If you wish to continue this stare down competition. Go ahead.

Yes, you are projecting that anger you feel towards your father for abandoning you when you were born and shacking up with another woman in Kwazulu natal.

I am not your father, Dievluit. I am just a messenger on Nairaland

SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA!

The feebleness that is apparent for all to see is on your side. Even your countrymen have pretty much distanced themselves from you. You are a loner on the thread like you were a loner in South Africa.

You know why you are a loner, my friend? You know why you are rejected both online and offline? You have no ability to attract other human beings. Be it girls, fellow Nigerians or South Africans. You then, having failed to win the other people over, decide you will hate them. But your hate for them simply pushes them further away. This then frustrates you to the point that you become obsessive. You are obsessive about South Africa for this very reason. But you only have yourself to blame for that. You are not a messenger. You are an outcast, my friend. The problem is not with South Africans. The problem is with you.

The South Africans did not reject you because they are bad. They rejected you because you are not wanted by them cause of who what you are. You are correct when you say that character is more important than nationality. Therefore you were not rejected cause you are Nigerian. You were rejected cause you are Morpheus. Again, the SA-SADC thing. Don't jump on it to try and explain your being rejected. You sound like someone who says Tupac was assassinated for political reasons when in fact he was shot because he was mobbing. You were not rejected for anything greater or along those lines. You were rejected because you are simply a reject.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 7:05pm On May 15, 2015
DieVluit:

The feebleness that is apparent for all to see is on your side. Even your countrymen have pretty much distanced themselves from you. You are a loner on the thread like you were a loner in South Africa.

You know why you are a loner, my friend? You know why you are rejected both online and offline? You have no ability to attract other human beings. Be it girls, fellow Nigerians or South Africans. You then, having failed to win the other people over, decide you will hate them. But your hate for them simply pushes them further away. This then frustrates you to the point that you become obsessive. You are obsessive about South Africa for this very reason. But you only have yourself to blame for that. You are not a messenger. You are an outcast, my friend. The problem is not with South Africans. The problem is with you.

The South Africans did not reject you because they are bad. They rejected you because you are not wanted by them cause of who what you are. You are correct when you say that character is more important than nationality. Therefore you were not rejected cause you are Nigerian. You were rejected cause you are Morpheus. Again, the SA-SADC thing. Don't jump on it to try and explain your being rejected. You sound like someone who says Tupac was assassinated for political reasons when in fact he was shot because he was mobbing. You were not rejected for anything greater or along those lines. You were rejected because you are simply a reject.
He's no different to that psycho called All4Naijja
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 7:10pm On May 15, 2015
MduZA:

you are a fool

Point 1.......36% when you take Youth unemployment rate( underskilled and unskilled)....... 24 % on aggregate.

Point 2... Please be more original, stop stealing Dievluits Ammo, he has "abandonment" issues.

Point 3......Nigerians do flash expensive cars in front of poor hungry South African, fact.

Point 4... Your mama is the F.ool!

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 7:12pm On May 15, 2015
DieVluit:

What exactly is the legacy of apartheid and what about it? You just say things because they sound nice. It's been shown already that you know zero about South Africa. Also, the legacy of apartheid is clearly better than the "present and future" of Nigeria, given the movement of refugees from Nigeria to South Africa. You included.
#SayNoToSAPhobia. Stop the bitter refugees.

The bitter legacy of Apatheid where you were caged in bantustans and had to carry dumb passes just to move around your country.

In come the "strangers" aka foreigners.

Out comes the Madness called XENOPHOBIA!

#JUSTSAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA!

#SAYNOTOVIOLENCEAGAINSTFOREIGNERS!!
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 7:20pm On May 15, 2015
DieVluit:

Reverse Psychology 101

What are you doing on a Nairaland thread

DieVluit:

Projecting. I know your father left you when you were young. You must blame him for your abandonment issues.

Again.... I am not your "father" Dievluit....

DieVluit:

Nice try

Psycho-analysis of subject Dievluit .... ...Projecting
Key conclusion of subject Dievluit psycho analysis.................Abandonment issues.
Key words to support conclusions of subject Dievluit ...........the key word "Rejected".....used severally in responses (See underlined above)
"Tupac" reference indicates subject relates to this character.... Tupac also experienced abandonment issues specifically, biological father.

Again no matter how hard you try to plant a "counterfeit thought" aka "inception" in weaker minds that read through your rantings about Morpheus, I am too smart for that psychological BS

Like I said the rational and reason is lost to you and will only drive you insane....."Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad"

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Royat1(m): 7:21pm On May 15, 2015
please is banking and finance lucrative in south Africa what will you advice me to do my masters in investment banking or finance
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 7:22pm On May 15, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
He's no different to that psycho called All4Naijja

Poor thing. The difference is I tell the truth all the time. Unadulterated and unapologetic which is why you all can't stand it.

Morpheus says... "I have lived through your predecessors on nairaland. I will live past you all"

****FREEE YOUR MIND******

#SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 8:42pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

Poor thing. The difference is I tell the truth all the time. Unadulterated and unapologetic which is why you all can't stand it.

Morpheus says... "I have lived through your predecessors on nairaland. I will live past you all"

****FREEE YOUR MIND******

#SAYNOTOXENOPHOBIA
Niaraland veteran, lol....smh Such a sad existance
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 8:47pm On May 15, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Niaraland veteran, lol....smh Such a sad existance

Its not so sad when you learn how to dodge bullets.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 8:52pm On May 15, 2015
morpheus24:

Its not so sad when you learn how to dodge bullets.

Now can you South Africans assist the rest of these people looking for positive things to know about SA and stop making this about the GREAT MORPHEUS,

I mean I luv all the attention and all, only makes me more popular but I feel bad for some of them now!

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by cutieme(m): 11:30pm On May 15, 2015
@Uche okara100,thanks for the enlightenment so far.Now my questions:How much can one budget for a business over there and what are the business one can easily do there with that 3months visa u are given without u been disturbed of permit or so.2:Why did u say rather than going to ghana ,one should stay back in Naija?Thanks.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 11:48pm On May 15, 2015
cutieme:
@Uche okara100,thanks for the enlightenment so far.Now my questions:How much can one budget for a business over there and what are the business one can easily do there with that 3months visa u are given without u been disturbed of permit or so.2:Why did u say rather than going to ghana ,one should stay back in Naija?Thanks.
from my observations cos i 've stayed in Ghana 1. our currency is bigger than ghana's currency 2. our population is an advantage to business. let's say everything visa, business etc if u have 1.5million u 'll be fine, let's say visa, flight everything 500, 1million here i think u are ok, then the types of busines are 1. saloon, 2. restaurant 3. buying accident cars fix them and resale, 4. taking alot of flats and rent them out. these are the once i know, thats what majority of us do here exchange rate here is an advantage.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by emeka1101: 11:59pm On May 15, 2015
ucheokpara100:
from my observations cos i 've stayed in Ghana 1. our currency is bigger than ghana's currency 2. our population is an advantage to business. let's say everything visa, business etc if u have 1.5million u 'll be fine, let's say visa, flight everything 500, 1million here i think u are ok, then the types of busines are 1. saloon, 2. restaurant 3. buying accident cars, fix them and resale, 4. taking alot of flats and rent them out. these are the once i know, thats what majority of us do here. exchange rate here is an advantage.
1. our currency is bigger than ghana 's
currency # NOT TRUE

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81