Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (128810 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by cutieme(m): 12:05am On May 16, 2015
@ucheokpara,thanks bro,the saloon u are talking of,is it barbing or what?Again,how do one go about permit stuff that will enable u do business there if u want to do business.Lastly,how about their women attitudes to foreigners? Thanks.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 12:34am On May 16, 2015
[quote author=cutieme post=33782275]@ucheokpara,thanks bro,the saloon u are talking of,is it barbing or what?Again,how do one go about permit stuff that will enable u do business there if u want to do business.Lastly,how about their women attitudes to foreigners? Thanks.[/qu
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 12:35am On May 16, 2015
cutieme:
@ucheokpara,thanks bro,the saloon u are talking of,is it barbing or what?Again,how do one go about permit stuff that will enable u do business there if u want to do business.Lastly,how about their women attitudes to foreigners? Thanks.
pls check 2morow i wnt to explain more things cos now iam in a hurry now is 1:37am i wnt to sleep i 've been working since morning i 'll try first, saloon here always unisex, permit if u hv money u 'll just sumit ur documents within 30days of ur arrival with money u 'll get permit, women 'll love u here more if u have money bt thy mostly dont wnt to settle down with a man thy see marriage as a cage. they dont have problm with us. i 'll take time and explain more later 2morow.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 12:37am On May 16, 2015
emeka1101:
1. our currency is bigger than ghana 's
currency # NOT TRUE
when i was in ghana naira was bigger than Cedi unles it has changed findout.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by MduZA: 2:40am On May 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Point 1.......36% when you take Youth unemployment rate( underskilled and unskilled)....... 24 % on aggregate.

Point 2... Please be more original, stop stealing Dievluits Ammo, he has "abandonment" issues.

Point 3......Nigerians do flash expensive cars in front of poor hungry South African, fact.

Point 4... Your mama is the F.ool!

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by MduZA: 2:40am On May 16, 2015
morpheus24:

Point 1.......36% when you take Youth unemployment rate( underskilled and unskilled)....... 24 % on aggregate.

Point 2... Please be more original, stop stealing Dievluits Ammo, he has "abandonment" issues.

Point 3......Nigerians do flash expensive cars in front of poor hungry South African, fact.

Point 4... Your mama is the F.ool!

a fool has been exposed...you can't even comprehend what you are typing.....let those who find SA to be a good country continue sharing their positive experiences ..this thread is for your big brothers...you are immatured

5 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by cutieme(m): 7:30am On May 16, 2015
@ucheokpara100,good morning, am sure u are awake now,please can u treat my earlier questions which u said u will answer by morning, thanks.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by elebua: 8:48am On May 16, 2015
ucheokpara100:
about how many years thy hv short courses for one year, 6 months etc, then engineering 4 years just the same thing like nigeria, about their fees i guess their are schools that pay more fee than others in nigeria too, and someone who graduated from University of pretoria are respected and given job more than UNISA cos it's believed they are more serious than UNISA, another reason why the money is much is because of exchange rate that N720,000 is R45,000 here.

Hello friend. I appreciate your sincere effort trying to help your fellow Nigerians. I am a graduate of mathematics education and would like to study for masters degree programs at the university of Pretoria. Would it be difficult getting a teaching or lecturing job over there in SA?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 9:40am On May 16, 2015
[quote author=cutieme post=33785903]@ucheokpara100,good morning, am sure u are awake now,please can u treat my earlier questions which u said u will answer by morning, thanks.[/quoteGd morning my brother let me put it this way.like i said earlier the problem most of us had was coming here without money that means if you come here with money u wont have problem can assure you that.
now when you get here they will stamp you 30 days, what that means is that you will stay here legally for 30 days u can submit for ur permit within that 30 days (if u have your money).
the problem we had just imagine someone who came here without money how can such person submit anything for permit at the end of the day that 30 days will expire when it expires the person automatically becomes illegal immigrant that must leave the country, unless the person will seek for assylum (staying as a refugee till you get money to fix your permit).
another thing i will advice you is try to invest in what you have passion for or what you know how to do with your 1million you should be realising atleast N300,000 profit monthly.
how the saloon works here is when you get a saloon their is what we do here called mirror space (mirror and chair like 6 to 7 places in the same saloon) you will rent the mirror space out all of them will work inside and pay rent to you monthly, plus your own labour if you know how to cut or make hair which is alot of money after paying your rent.
their is no much stress in business here you only pay rent,light and maybe tax which is far better to me than doing business in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 9:45am On May 16, 2015
elebua:

Hello friend. I appreciate your sincere effort trying to help your fellow Nigerians. I am a graduate of mathematics education and would like to study for masters degree programs at the university of Pretoria. Would it be difficult getting a teaching or lecturing job over there in SA?
example of this man is, i just got admission resently accounting now iam paying someone who is coming to teach me at home and thatz what alot of us accounting students do, apart from that geting a job is still going to be the same like nigeria, the example i just gave is the easiest way cos by the time you have 3 to 4 students etc you will be fine for a start as time goes you may still get more students, so yours is a bit easier.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by cutieme(m): 9:49am On May 16, 2015
@ucheokpara100,thanks bro once again,please I'd like to know how much the permit cost and also,how about this present law on overstaying,is it still effective over there?,thanks.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 10:01am On May 16, 2015
@ cutieme. 3 months visa is enough to stay here even 2 weeks visa as long as u submit your things immediate (within the 30 days) if you can be able to run any of these busines listed and u came with money u dnt need to be afraid you will find it easy here cos i believe any one who managed to raise such amount in nigeria can still do more here.
stay in any city not villages, dont trust any one with money work hard then you are fine. honestly speaking i feel more loved here alot of people do come to me just to admire the way i work i 've not experienced hate or discriminations before although i see some people face that but i believe their way of life brought it to them.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by kachiz(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2015
emeka1101:
1. our currency is bigger than ghana 's currency # NOT TRUE
Yeah bro. 1 cedis is about 50naira plus
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 3:22pm On May 16, 2015
kachiz:

Yeah bro. 1 cedis is about 50naira plus
hmmmmmm when did it start, after our devaluation? i left ghana 2013 cos then N100 was around C120
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Moana(f): 5:49pm On May 16, 2015
elebua:

its always good to keep outstanding grades if you want life to be easier for you in a foreign land or be active in campus activities to get recognition, you might get a job as a junior lecturer

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by seppuku: 6:10pm On May 16, 2015
MduZA:

a fool has been exposed...you can't even comprehend what you are typing.....let those who find SA to be a good country continue sharing their positive experiences ..this thread is for your big brothers...you are immatured

No matter how much you guys try to cover up your evil Xenophobic ways. I will be here on Nairaland to expose you time and time again.

The best you will ever do is try hard to distract by pointing out how bad Nigeria is or personal attacks at Seppuku but at the end of the day you cannot deny that what I state is the unadulterated, unapologetic, no sugar coating TRUTH!

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 7:00pm On May 16, 2015
seppuku:

No matter how much you guys try to cover up your evil Xenophobic ways. I will be here on Nairaland to expose you time and time again.

The best you will ever do is try hard to distract by pointing out how bad Nigeria is or personal attacks at Seppuku but at the end of the day you cannot deny that what I state is the unadulterated, unapologetic, no sugar coating TRUTH!

lol @ sugar coated truth. this one na bad mouth o.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by jummygo(f): 7:49pm On May 16, 2015
@Op, fantastic thread. Stating the good, the bad and the ugly. No apologies to d 'mor..., excuse me, nice' ones without understanding. Those in other countries, urging you to return, should evac. their luggage, selves and family to Lagos asap. I believe you, because I also tried Ghana for two years. let's not go there. You are being truthful. Love it! Go on pls. Which reasonably sized city, not majority Asian, Is advisable to attempt. I mean, no, J'burg pls.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by jummygo(f): 8:01pm On May 16, 2015
No Durban either. How are the beauty and fashion industry. If one already speaks Afrikaans, does it help? I mean, for jobs. What about the cost of accommodation. 2 bedrooms, reasonable area, monthly? Are u saying I can just renew my visa or extend it without returning to Nigeria? Sorry, many questions. Will d cost of living allow one save enough to eventually set up 'PROPERLY' Here? That's d purpose for me. That and a good quality of life before I get old.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 9:01pm On May 16, 2015
jummygo:
No Durban either. How are the beauty and fashion industry. If one already speaks Afrikaans, does it help? I mean, for jobs. What about the cost of accommodation. 2 bedrooms, reasonable area, monthly? Are u saying I can just renew my visa or extend it without returning to Nigeria? Sorry, many questions. Will d cost of living allow one save enough to eventually set up 'PROPERLY' Here? That's d purpose for me. That and a good quality of life before I get old.
i will comfortably recommend pretoria for you. if you are sure you can speak afrikaan that's another advantage for you cos alot of times they always want people who can speak afrikaans for job.
about beauty and fashion industry that's the main job foreigners do here havn't you heard that all of us has turn to beauty and fashion designers? serious they need you here, people who cant do it are already making money from it here.
about rent, one bedroom flat here is N48,000 per month but what people do here is you will take 3 bedroom flat for N72,000 per month then give 2 rooms out at N32,000 each which is N64,000 per month so will only be paying N8,000 per month for the other room and u will also use the parlour.
you wont renew visa here, you will only submit your documents immediately you enter this country within the first 30days once u 've submitted ur documents you are free, they will give you a receipt showing that u 've submitted your documents you will use that receipt till your permit is out, matter how long the permit take to come out that's no longer your problm all you need to do is to keep going their for new stamp when the stamp they gave you is about to expire.
you will certainly live a comfortable life here as far as you are working and you said you are into beauty industry it's cool, the least job here is N50,000 with what you explained now you are above that. the worst are people who cant do anything.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by jummygo(f): 10:10pm On May 16, 2015
hartelijk dank, meneer. Thank you.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by jummygo(f): 10:17pm On May 16, 2015
Sorry. final question. Indication of fare cost? Has to be return ticket I guess. I actually speak dutch which is close enough to Afrikaans.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 11:17pm On May 16, 2015
jummygo:
hartelijk dank, meneer. Thank you.
hahahahahaha i just cant stop laughing now
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 11:19pm On May 16, 2015
jummygo:
Sorry. final question. Indication of fare cost? Has to be return ticket I guess. I actually speak dutch which is close enough to Afrikaans.
sory i dnt undastnd incase u reply i will answer tomorow between 10am.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by jummygo(f): 6:29am On May 17, 2015
Don't really bother. I will Google fares. Will plan a recon. mission of about 6wks. Check d place out. Lived in EU for a while. Had d wrong mindset. I now know what I want. So, can't be too fazed. Does this mean u r in Pretoria?
Will pm u. Morning.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 9:13am On May 17, 2015
jummygo:
Don't really bother. I will Google fares. Will plan a recon. mission of about 6wks. Check d place out. Lived in EU for a while. Had d wrong mindset. I now know what I want. So, can't be too fazed. Does this mean u r in Pretoria?
Will pm u. Morning.
ok thatz cool thanks
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by djdoxxx(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2015
smiley ...This Is Cool...Thumbs Up Mr Op!!! Is It Not Possible To Run Cab Business In S/A? Is It Easy Or Tough? How Do One Go About It? And What Is The Average Revenue On A Daily Basis In Naira?Thanks Bro!
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2015
djdoxxx:
smiley ...This Is Cool...Thumbs Up Mr Op!!! Is It Not Possible To Run Cab Business In S/A? Is It Easy Or Tough? How Do One Go About It? And What Is The Average Revenue On A Daily Basis In Naira?Thanks Bro!
it's not possible here my brother, 2 reasons (1) in two years time u have not known the roads and streets (2) since i came here i havn't seen any other person doing that apart from south african and very few zimbakweans, nigerians and ghanans only drive pick-up they use it to carry loads when people are relocating from one place to anoda.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by jummygo(f): 2:56pm On May 17, 2015
Been checking out neighborhoods. Akasia, Brooklyn, colbyn, eersterust, hatfield, kameeldrift, lynwood, meyerspark enz. enz. prices of accommodation as well. Your prices are spot on. Which areas r or places at? Visa req. checked. Funny, to see that the Nigerian high commission has retaliatory visa reqm. for South Afr. visiting Nigeria. Very Stringent. Checked job openings, lots of Engineering. Finance, apprentice ships, openings. Good to have an overview. I will get the ball rolling. Thinking of end of d year. Not now. Thanks once again and ' een fijne dag, verder'. Will keep in touch.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 3:06pm On May 17, 2015
jummygo:
Been checking out neighborhoods. Akasia, Brooklyn, colbyn, eersterust, hatfield, kameeldrift, lynwood, meyerspark enz. enz. prices of accommodation as well. Your prices are spot on. Which areas r or places at? Visa req. checked. Funny, to see that the Nigerian high commission has retaliatory visa reqm. for South Afr. visiting Nigeria. Very Stringent. Checked job openings, lots of Engineering. Finance, apprentice ships, openings. Good to have an overview. I will get the ball rolling. Thinking of end of d year. Not now. Thanks once again and ' een fijne dag, verder'. Will keep in touch.
hmmmmmmmm good, i accept i see you can speak afrikaans u hv alot of advantages i must confess (what everyone is turning to are the things you have already)
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by jummygo(f): 3:10pm On May 17, 2015
Been checking out neighborhoods. Akasia, Brooklyn, Colbyn, Eersterust, Garsfontein, Hatfield, e.t.c. your quotes are spot on. Cos, I am guessing these places are a bit expensive. Checked visa rqmts. Funny to see that the Nigerian Govt. had also imposed stringent measures on SA.cans travelling to Nigeria. lol. Anyway, will start planning. Around 6months. Def. keep in touch. Nog een Keer, hartstikke bedankt. laterss!
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by jummygo(f): 3:14pm On May 17, 2015
Sorry about second post. thot d bot 'ate' the first, couldn't find it. Will follow silently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.