Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (128973 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Dayhor: 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dayhor:

I'm in Nigeria at the mo. But having lived a couple of years in the UK, I have an idea of the accommodation disparities between Nigeria and nations with structured housing plans. So, shoot!
ok cool atleast u understand it, that caravan stuff it's only in rural areas then u 'll board train to town cheap. but none in town, i also beliv with such exposure (U.K) u can survive here comfortably.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
guymanDspecies:

Chairman reply me plss. here is my mail I sent a mail to you but haven't seen a reply.
yes.......my boss i 've waiting for u here sory 4 any delay u know we are also working. i 'll reply
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by sekhukhuneBoy: 3:08am On Jul 14, 2016
Vessi:

How is life as a pharmacist in SA?
If I obtained my degree in Nigeria how difficult is it to be registered as a pharmacist there, what's salary like, how is standard of living there too? Which part of SA is best for pharmacy practise, Durban, PE?

Boss staggerlee, thanks for the advise. Any advise you can add to this my post?

You will have to have your qualifications evaluated by South African Qualifications Authority, then after you can apply for well paying pharceutical jobs at major pharmacies and stores like Alpha Pharm, Clicks, Checkers, Dischem, etc. Or work for hospitals to ear at least R270k p.a.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by idu1(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2016
ucheokpara100:
geting married to a south african has alot of advantages u 'll get authomatic permit no more wories, secondly if the lady will assist you good if not job is not easy here man even with certificate u 'll only be secured about with permit.
How hard is it to get job with medical and health certificate. Nursing in particular....
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by dessy8: 1:03am On Jul 19, 2016
Thanks for this advice/note of warning...can we please communicate via email? i sent you a request to ur email,you have to reply me first before we can exchange mails...thanks....
staggerlee:
I live in SA and a permanent resident permit holder, with an SA I.D' i was in the US last week for a conference when my south african colleague who is married to a Nigerian man pointed out this thread to me, and i was so ashamed to be a Nigerian. Some pieces of advise that i read here was alarming, someone said, people should marry a south african and get a visa to live in SA, why the heck will you marry just because of a visa.

The only reason to come to SA is to come and study or you have critical skill so you can impact SA's ailling economy positively. Study in any of the STEM courses. Dont just come here on any yeye visa and become illegal. We need to restore pride into our nation nigeria. Believe me, if you dont have critical skills now in SA, if u like marry Zumas daughter you cant get a valid permit, unless u have R5m to start a business so that you can get a business visa. Your visitor's visa cannot be converted to any kind of visa. We have a lot of Nigerians here that are loafing the streets of Jozi laundering our image, pls dont come and add to it.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by princeonx: 4:58am On Jul 19, 2016
ucheokpara100:
for any one to stay in south africa permit is composory so u need permit b4 starting anything here.
Can you shed more light on the type of businesses one can open/own there? Any idea what they might cost to start? And the type of document required to open/start such business.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
princeonx:

Can you shed more light on the type of businesses one can open/own there? Any idea what they might cost to start? And the type of document required to open/start such business.
after geting a permit and you are here legally u can operate a business, u will register your business get tax paper and open a Saloon or Restaurant from N600,000 above you will get a good business and fix all papers needed, permit excluded.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by princeonx: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
ucheokpara100:
after geting a permit and you are here legally u can operate a business, u will register your business get tax paper and open a Saloon or Restaurant from N600,000 above you will get a good business and fix all papers needed, permit excluded.
I assume that 600k is naira right?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2016
princeonx:
I assume that 600k is naira right?
yea............. in naira.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by princeonx: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
ucheokpara100:
yea............. in naira.
That's kind of too low (less than $2000) for a standard restaurant. All the same, the guy that is stressing me with helping him move to SA knows nothing about restaurant. He presently deal on cell phones.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
princeonx:

That's kind of too low (less than $2000) for a standard restaurant. All the same, the guy that is stressing me with helping him move to SA knows nothing about restaurant. He presently deal on cell phones.
it's very easy 2 start business here, do u know u can come here 2day and start business 2day if only u have money. the setting is different.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by godtime7735(m): 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
Which business can I use 250,000k do in s.a that can fetch me good profit there...please am serious on this
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Dayhor: 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 2:46am On Jul 20, 2016
godtime7735:
Which business can I use 250,000k do in s.a that can fetch me good profit there...please am serious on this
i think it will sharing a shop with someone then u may use it for saloon, fix phone or you will rent someone's restaurant tht's already running.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by rhymaholic: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
ucheokpara100:
i think it will sharing a shop with someone then u may use it for saloon, fix phone or you will rent someone's restaurant tht's already running.

Thank you for this thread. I just read from 1 to 22 but I need to get one thing clear, with my 3 months visa and about 1.2million naira can I apply for permit apply found start up one of the business you listed before? and would the permit allow me to run the business and stay back after my 3 months visa expires?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by scholarcute: 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
Pls am an HND holder in one fed polytechnics in Nig.Am planing to travel to SA, pls how long do I need to study deir to enable me work wit der certificate
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by omegainterior: 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2016
Thanks to u guys, found dis thread very helpful....
please I will like to know d possibilities in converting a visit visa to working permit after arrival in SA.
I have an experience in interior decoration(basic knowledge in 2D autoCad, measuring, laying of laminate flooring, wallpaper installation, etc)...also born into auto-spraying business.

What is your best advice guys...tanks all
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
rhymaholic:

Thank you for this thread. I just read from 1 to 22 but I need to get one thing clear, with my 3 months visa and about 1.2million naira can I apply for permit apply found start up one of the business you listed before? and would the permit allow me to run the business and stay back after my 3 months visa expires?
it will be enough, u 'll live a comfortable life with that amount.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
scholarcute:
Pls am an HND holder in one fed polytechnics in Nig.Am planing to travel to SA, pls how long do I need to study deir to enable me work wit der certificate
we have six months programme, one year e.t.c the essence is just to convert to their certificate you will be fine.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
omegainterior:
Thanks to u guys, found dis thread very helpful....
please I will like to know d possibilities in converting a visit visa to working permit after arrival in SA.
I have an experience in interior decoration(basic knowledge in 2D autoCad, measuring, laying of laminate flooring, wallpaper installation, etc)...also born into auto-spraying business.

What is your best advice guys...tanks all
South African new immigration policy took effect from january 2015, it's advisable to make your permit in Nigeria b4 coming here, it's possible to get a permit here but they can cancell it if they want and claim it's a fake permit but if u come with permit from Ngeria no one can do that. apart from permit issue i dont think you have any other problem with your skill.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by post111(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
@ Op, Can 1 make it over there as a motor electrician
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Ebenz02: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
Dayhor:
Any persons inbound JNB next week who'd make some company? Holler!
yea. Am going down next week
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by rhymaholic: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
ucheokpara100:
South African new immigration policy took effect from january 2015, it's advisable to make your permit in Nigeria b4 coming here, it's possible to get a permit here but they can cancell it if they want and claim it's a fake permit but if u come with permit from Ngeria no one can do that. apart from permit issue i dont think you have any other problem with your skill.

and how easy is it to get this permit here cos that could be a bottleneck.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by omegainterior: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
ucheokpara100:
Thanks a lot bro....but d issue is getting work permit from naija...meaning I have to secure a job first, then apply or ow?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
post111:
@ Op, Can 1 make it over there as a motor electrician
yea...... seriously u will.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
rhymaholic:

and how easy is it to get this permit here cos that could be a bottleneck.
they made the new law just to frustrate us na.... but with money their S.A embassy u will definately get it
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2016
omegainterior:

Thanks a lot bro....but d issue is getting work permit from naija...meaning I have to secure a job first, then apply or ow?
get money go to S.A embassy in Nigeria i think u can get it, the difference should be visitor's visa N150,000 permit N300,000

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by rhymaholic: 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
ucheokpara100:
they made the new law just to frustrate us na.... but with money their S.A embassy u will definately get it

By with money you mean bribe? or I have to show them I'm going to S.A for something legit
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2016
rhymaholic:

By with money you mean bribe? or I have to show them I'm going to S.A for something legit
i mean if u are ready to come here geting the requirements their with their help wont be a problm. we have so many types of permit u will definately qualify one.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by rhymaholic: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
ucheokpara100:
i mean if u are ready to come here geting the requirements their with their help wont be a problm. we have so many types of permit u will definately qualify one.

ok thanks for the clarification

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (31) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.