Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (129094 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by pat077: 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
ucheokpara100:
iam using work permit, their is canadian embassy here if u have permit here it's easy to go any where from here, short courses very very easy and possible, if you have their certificate u 'll get job here.
what kind of short course can a mech engr do over there and what is the cost implications
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by gboyee80(m): 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
Pls, if I want 2 study a short term course like 6months how do I go abt it and how much wld it cost. wot abt d chance of securing a job.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
gboyee80:
Pls, if I want 2 study a short term course like 6months how do I go abt it and how much wld it cost. wot abt d chance of securing a job.
their are some hard truth i'm trying to tell u guys but each time i type them they alwys delete them i dont understand. we have 2 types of migrating to another country one is considered legal migration another is considered illegal, for you to migrate legally u need to qualify if you qualify it will cost you within N20,000 if you dont i dont know what to say again

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by justwise(m): 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
ucheokpara100:
their are some hard truth i'm trying to tell u guys but each time i type them they alwys delete them i dont understand. we have 2 types of migrating to another country one is considered legal migration another is considered illegal, for you to migrate legally u need to qualify if you qualify it will cost you within N20,000 if you dont i dont know what to say again

Keep discussion open here and not harvesting contact details for private chat.

There is no point trying to entertain questions about migrating to SA illegally because I will remove such question and answers when I sees it.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
ucheokpara100:
please I know this thread's quite long!but pls i'd like to contact you personally as I intend coming to SA for holiday anytime soon.pls i'd also like to make enquiries on the current DTA amount required for someone entering south africa
ps; I also sent you a mail,hope you reply as i'd like to hook up with you wen I come.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
justwise:

Keep discussion open here and not harvesting contact details for private chat.

There is no point trying to entertain questions about migrating to SA illegally because I will remove such question and answers when I sees it.
ok now i understand you should have told me earlier, please dont delete this, any one given visitors/tourist visa should know you are not allowed to stay in south africa you are expected to stay 30 days and leave, i said it earlier get your permit in Nigeria before coming. if you a qualified visa is very cheap. if you dont qualify take whatsoever you see.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
BlinkyBling:
please I know this thread's quite long!but pls i'd like to contact you personally as I intend coming to SA for holiday anytime soon.pls i'd also like to make enquiries on the current DTA amount required for someone entering south africa
ps; I also sent you a mail,hope you reply as i'd like to hook up with you wen I come.
Basic travelling allowance(BTA) is N100,000 and above

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
ucheokpara100:
Basic travelling allowance(BTA) is N100,000 and above
tnx very much! but even in this 2016? pls respond to my mail via nairaland so we can hook up n tok more...
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2016
BlinkyBling:
tnx very much! but even in this 2016? pls respond to my mail via nairaland so we can hook up n tok more...
yea i forgot N100,000 was 2013 i dont know now.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 07, 2016
ucheokpara100:
yea i forgot N100,000 was 2013 i dont know now.
ok. tnx! is there anyway someone can find out?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Swith(m): 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
@ucheopara100. I will be travelling to S.A by the end of this month. Pls i want to know about the house rent over there. So as a first timer can i be allowed to pay rent monthly? Or will i pay for 6 months/1 year at first just as it is in naija, secondly will there be furnitures like a mattress, table & chair, electronics or just an empty room. Thirdly what is the current house rent. Thanks. Any other nairalander can also help with this information. Kind and useful information please.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by 2fine2fast(m): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hello house.
I just got PhD admission at DUT in Durban.
However I need to submit proof of residence
in addition to other documents for my study visa
application. My friend who is a PhD student in UKZN
says there is no problem with me staying with him
for a while but that he is not eligible to issue that particular letter of residence to me.
Please I need a way forward, assistance, advice pls.
Thanks in anticipation.
PLS EPP ME angry
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 11:55am On Nov 08, 2016
Swith:
@ucheopara100. I will be travelling to S.A by the end of this month. Pls i want to know about the house rent over there. So as a first timer can i be allowed to pay rent monthly? Or will i pay for 6 months/1 year at first just as it is in naija, secondly will there be furnitures like a mattress, table & chair, electronics or just an empty room. Thirdly what is the current house rent. Thanks. Any other nairalander can also help with this information. Kind and useful information please.
one room is N48,000 per month you pay monthly, empty room. rooms always available.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samuelUMOH(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2016
2fine2fast:
Hello house.
I just got PhD admission at DUT in Durban.
However I need to submit proof of residence
in addition to other documents for my study visa
application. My friend who is a PhD student in UKZN
says there is no problem with me staying with him
for a while but that he is not eligible to issue that particular letter of residence to me.
Please I need a way forward, assistance, advice pls.
Thanks in anticipation.
PLS EPP ME angry
Let your friend draft a letter stating you will be staying in one of the rooms in the flat and attached proof of utility and passport data page .(Certified )

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samuelUMOH(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2016
Swith:
house rent depend on the following : location
city
Facilities
Security
Some are furnitured while others are not .No fixed amount on rent rate .It varies and mostly monthly ,so that you can change accommodation if you don't like the place .

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samuelUMOH(m): 10:44am On Nov 09, 2016
pat077:
what kind of short course can a mech engr do over there and what is the cost implications
There are many short courses here in SA .Google short courses in Mech Eng you will be amazed ,however why not try masters this will give you an edge .
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Swith(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
Thanks a lot
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by temitope06(m): 11:56am On Nov 10, 2016
Pls which are the best schools to do a masters in SA and their tuition fees which would facilitate easy employment over there. Thanks
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by 2grozz: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hello guys
Its a nice job you guys are doing here.
Pls one quick question,
I intend doing a short course of 11days in SA
Its a health, safety and environment course.
Starts by 30jan
1. Can I get a visa before then?
2. What type of visa should I be going for?
Thank you guys
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by danshy: 9:32am On Nov 14, 2016
grin grin
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Swith(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hello, i want to process an S.A. Study permit but my question is (1) can i use my mothers statement of account. (2). Must i get an admission letter from the university in S.A. (3). How long does it take to process the visa. Kind & useful response please.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 10:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
2grozz:
Hello guys
Its a nice job you guys are doing here.
Pls one quick question,
I intend doing a short course of 11days in SA
Its a health, safety and environment course.
Starts by 30jan
1. Can I get a visa before then?
2. What type of visa should I be going for?
Thank you guys
u need a letter to proove what you are going to do, then go for visitor's visa, u need to apply now thy 'll issue you visa that will correspond with the date on the letter

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
danshy:
Please, I need help... I am currently in the process of applying for a South African study permit. The problem here is that I intend using my mums pension account statement (an insurance company account) with over a million naira in it, though no outflow of cash, cos she hasn't make any withdrawal what so ever from the account. Is that possible please? Or is there something I could do in terms of the bank statement to submit?
go to South African embassy in Nigeria they are surpose to give you the requirements just follow that dont add dont subtract you will get your visa.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
Swith:
Hello, i want to process an S.A. Study permit but my question is (1) can i use my mothers statement of account. (2). Must i get an admission letter from the university in S.A. (3). How long does it take to process the visa. Kind & useful response please.
ask them their by the embassy they are surpose to explain to you about the statement of account, yes admission letter and proove of payment are mandatory, i think processing visa should be within one month.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Swith(m): 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2016
ucheokpara100:
ask them their by the embassy they are surpose to explain to you about the statement of account, yes admission letter and proove of payment are mandatory, i think processing visa should be within one month.
.......... Thank you very much.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Femcesc07(m): 1:25am On Nov 15, 2016
Pls check your mail for the message i send you bro, thanks
ucheokpara100:
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by idu1(m): 4:06am On Nov 15, 2016
How available is nursing jobs for foreigners male nurse in particular?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 5:41am On Nov 15, 2016
idu1:
How available is nursing jobs for foreigners male nurse in particular?

If you are a nurse you will get job here within 3 to 4 months.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by idu1(m): 7:17am On Nov 15, 2016
ucheokpara100:
If you are a nurse you will get job here within 3 to 4 months.
will there be need for short course?

Thanks for your response.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 8:42am On Nov 15, 2016
idu1:
will there be need for short course?

Thanks for your response.
with or without short course you will get job, nurses are always needed.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by idu1(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2016
ucheokpara100:
with or without short course you will get job, nurses are always needed.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (31) (Reply)

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.