Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather (1236 Views)

Andy Ubah Gives Cars To APC Leaders In Anambra Ahead Of Election (Photos) / Godknows Igali Forfeits 47 Cars To FG (photo) / Fayose Gives Cash And Cars To Teachers In Ekiti (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 11, 2015
Los Angeles exotic-car dealer Obi Okeke was sound asleep when his phone rang once at 3 a.m. last year.

It was Floyd Mayweather.

The undefeated welterweight champ had a mission for his trusted dealer: Have a Bugatti Veyron sitting in the driveway of his Las Vegas mansion in 12 hours.

It was time for Dr. Bugatti, as Okeke is sometimes called, to perform a miracle.

So Okeke jumped in the shower and headed to Fusion Luxury Motors, the Chatsworth, Calif., dealership he opened in 2012 and co-owns. He checked his notes, hopped on a plane, secured the car and drove it to Mayweather himself. And he did it in 11 hours.

That’s life when you’re dealing with the spontaneous Mayweather, who, according to some reports, could rake in as much as $180 million this Saturday when he faces off with fellow superstar Manny Pacquiao.

Okeke said there’s no room for mediocrity when dealing with Mayweather. The polarizing boxer has high expectations for himself, Okeke said, and therefore does for everyone around him.

Okeke has sold 39 cars to Mayweather, including a $3.2 million Ferarri Enzo and three Bugatti Veyrons that are worth $6.2 million combined. In a career spanning nearly 30 years, Okeke has sold cars to the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jessica Simpson, Ellen DeGeneres, Chris Tucker and more.

He started his career as a Chevrolet dealer in 1987 and eventually moved on to manage stores for Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, BMW, Ferrari and Maserati before he started his own.

Okeke, 53, spoke with Automotive News about his life and Mayweather adventures.

Q: Were you born in the U.S.?

A: I was not. My father is from Nigeria; my mother is from Ohio. I was born in Nigeria. My parents have been married for 57 years. When I was a kid, Nigeria had a civil war, so we escaped from Nigeria as refugees, just my mom and the kids. Then we went back to Nigeria. My parents weren’t crazy about the school system. My mom’s best friend was in charge of Swissair for western Africa, so they shipped me off to Switzerland.

See more

http://www.nigeriamoment.com/2015/05/nigerian-car-dealer-has-sold-floyd-mayweather-39-cars-and-counting/

Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by khamas19: 1:45pm On May 11, 2015
...what is this doing in politics section?....

This nairaland is all over the place..
Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by opokonwa(m): 1:46pm On May 11, 2015
Success has no tribe, race or color.
Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 11, 2015
Chei
Where was I when Dr Bugatti was looking for wife. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by IamOdin: 1:51pm On May 11, 2015
No one beats the Igbo brainiacs when it comes to hustling..Been doing our thing since time immemorial..#WeAreTheBest.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 11, 2015
Lalasticala FP please
Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 11, 2015
once there now abi e fit dey there twice?

babyosisi:
Lalasticala FP please
Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by Afam4eva(m): 4:25pm On May 11, 2015
IamOdin:
No one beats the Igbo brainiacs when it comes to hustling..Been doing our thing since time immemorial..#WeAreTheBest.
Let's talk about you. What have you achieved so far in your life? I don't know when some of you will stop bragging over everything.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by teufelein(f): 4:50pm On May 11, 2015
Afam4eva:

Let's talk about you. What have you achieved so far in your life? I don't know when some of you will stop bragging over everything.

ab.oki, let the young generation celebrate their heroes...whats there in the zoo aka nigeria for young igbo generation to talk about..Nada!

ps: ..or do u want them to beat their chests for a lowlife like your poor assssliccking creature...?
Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by IamOdin: 5:25pm On May 11, 2015
Afam4eva:

lolx,if i actualize my project my legacy will live for ever..Currently working on actualizing G-squad,a bot that can decapitate a whole nation in days.Sole aim is not just actualization of Biafra as a Nation,but making it the world power through the use of sophisticated weapons.. got the brain and intelligency to make G-squad a reality..just pray we fail on this!!
Re: Nigerian Exotic Car Dealer Who Sold 39 Cars to Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 11, 2015
olaxco2f:
once there now abi e fit dey there twice?

Oh
I didn't know that

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Fatal Accident Along Calabar-enugu Road / Dr Nnamdi Azikwe's Campaign In 1960 (photo) / Okorocha Blames Poor Finances On Fraudulent Political Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.