Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) (48050 Views)

Young Woman's Obituary Poster Goes Viral As She Appears To Be Saying "Bleep You" / Obituary Poster Of Okwudili Ayotanze Who Was Executed In Indonesia Recently. / They Just Had To Use This Pic? Check Out This Obituary Poster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by Mexzy88(m): 10:37pm On May 11, 2015
Whether God Is real or fake, I don't care and I will keep serving him and doing his will. If on the last day, I make heaven, my gain but if God was a myth (which is impossible, I loose nothing
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by teegbaj101(m): 10:46pm On May 11, 2015
ginawest:
o Lord!! may deir souls find peace
sad episode but for a brief moment I tot twas a joke cos venue had tombo n something short of of burukutu
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by ginawest(f): 11:12pm On May 11, 2015
teegbaj101:
sad episode but for a brief moment I tot twas a joke cos venue had tombo n something short of of burukutu
lwkmd
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by Nobody: 12:04am On May 12, 2015
prettystella:
Speechless kiss kiss kiss kiss
hi!!I've been expecting you 27602B95. grin
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by Mopolchi: 6:07am On May 12, 2015
Braggante:

Ok, so lets examine this ur theory. So saying prayers doesn't guarantee that what we want will br answered, so we are just gambling if he will answer or not depending on his mood swings. So why then do we pray If answer is not guaranteed. That means whatever happens we can say god willed it. Sth was bound to happen anyway, doesnt mean a god did it.
2. u describe a god. How do u know all these features? Dont quote the bible. Speak of facts. Not fiction. U may as well quote Shakespeare.
3. But if u said that god is a mystery how then do u know him? A mystery is a phenomenon. So how can u then describe what u dont know?
Since good and bad comes from this god, what if this god is in fact satan doing both good and bad? Since u say we cant know who god is, u cant say if im right or wrong. Thousands die and a baby is saved, praise god. How fair is that? and u will reply, the way of god is a mystery to man. How convenient to explain issues that way for lack of intelligent answers.

Now u say we are created in his image and likeness and we are gods. So when an slowpoke is born, or siamese twins, thats in his image? What about a transvestite? Dwarfs? tell that to a baby born without hands.
If u are a god, kindly command a million dollars my way tonight.

Look lets be sincere, between u and I, u know this religion thing is a sham. There really is no god in the clouds up there. Its just fancy tales to put man in check and give us something to believe in. To keep the poor man occupied, hoping for a better tomorrow here or in heaven. Its a fraud.
1. When we pray, we do not gamble. We believe that this Almighty God will hear our prayers. That our wishes do not turn out as we want is not an indictment of God but it shows that we can not manipulate God despite having his image.

2. God: Words designate thoughts and
thoughts designate things. So, insofar
as we can have some understanding of
God, we can express our thoughts
about Him in words. These words do
not point directly at the substance of
God, though.
When we do talk about God literally
(as in “God is good”) we do so in an
imperfect way and the words we use
are used in analogy of God’s
perfection with respect to the terms
we use.
We describe God’s perfections using
words derived from the perfections of
creatures. These terms each give us
an imperfect but complementary view
of God’s perfections and therefore
they are not all synonymous.
Terms can be used univocally,
equivocally or analogically. When we
are not talking metaphorically about
God, we predicate terms analogically
of Him.
Causation can be thought of in terms
of the univocal, the equivocal and the
analogical causes. We should think of
God’s causation as analogical as,
although He does not cause what is
like Him, some things He causes bear
a resemblance to Him.
The fifth article refers to the fallacy of
equivocation. Here is an example of
such a fallacy: “all pigs are kept in
pens, pens are something to write
with, and therefore all pigs are kept in
something to write with”.
When we speak metaphorically of God
the terms used apply primarily to
creatures and only secondarily to God.
On the other hand, when we speak
analogically of God the terms used
apply primarily to God and secondarily
to creatures.
We can make temporal statements
about God that make sense as long as
we remember that these define
relations in creatures but not in God.
The notion of relation discussed in the
seventh article will be very important
when we come to consider God as
Trinity later in the summa .
The name “God” names a nature that
truly applies only to God alone; the
name “He who is” is the most
appropriate for God.
Faulty uses of the term “God” use it in
analogy to the correct usage.
Although they are imperfect, we can
make affirmative statements about
God.
For more of this, visit: http://readingthesumma..nl/2010/05/question-13-talking-about-god.html?m=1

3. The last is Karl Marx's quote. Religion is no fraud. Many have gained from it despite the existence of aberration from some of its members. Come to think of it, we need religion because we are not just a physical being, we are spiritual. Just as we feed our body with food, we should feed our souls too. The feeding is what religion supplies.
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by Amono: 6:48am On May 12, 2015
Chai,!!! Too bad, may they find peace beyond. R I p.
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by FOREXMARTS: 6:56am On May 12, 2015
Braggante:

Why are u talking like this? That u are alive today and the couple is dead is because god protected u, and he didn't protect them. He loves u more than them. Or maybe it was not he that created them. Let's blame the devil for the bad things and praise God for the good ones. He couldn't stop the devil from doing those bad stuff, or he just doesn't feel like. It's not that he can't. So thank god for Ur situation, and praise him when a million fall at ur right and a thousand die at ur left and it doesn't come close to u. Because that is what Christianity is all about. Amen.
So don't u dare say there is no God. Wadumean? That's as bad as saying there is no Santa Claus, and I will not stand for that. He exists because we believe he exists. Don't ask us for cogent reasons and facts. We just blindly believe even when it doesn't make sense and that is what we call faith. And yes we may just be too foolish to see that religion is worlds biggest scam of all time. We also believe the bible and whatever it says. Why? Because it's the bible duh! And don't ask us for extraneous verifications of the contents of the bible.
So for all the disasters u described above, God has a reason for everything. He uses such disasters to 'glorify his name'. Yes he uses tragedies to glorify his name. And don't u dare call him a sadist. That's how he created hell, see? To burn and punish his children who he loved so much he died on the cross for them.
Oh! God is so good.

Be looking now, if u ask us for evidence of gods existence, we will reel out hundreds of passages from the bible. And if u ask us how we can prove the truth of the bible, we will reel out some more passages from the same bible. That's how we roll. Like we can prove the contents veracity by quoting fancy passages from it. Yep, we are Christians like that.

@the post: This is sad news. May they rest in peace together.

The Europeans an Arabians got the African psyche all messed up with religion.
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by Horrlah(f): 7:32am On May 12, 2015
exxell:
[b]This kind of thing makes one question the rationale behind the existence of a god. Am really beginning to confirm my fears that the earth may be a planting and harvesting ground for whatever purposes. Who created Hitler, Shekau, Osama Bin Laden etc?? Are you telling me that god in his omnipotency didnt know they will kill people when created? You see why when some people tell you that they are agnostics or Atheists, people will keep on screamin that the so called Satan is controlling them? But you may never really understand the reason behind their choices of not believing in the existence of a god or a good one for that matter. People like Shekau, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu are still alive. But the good ones keep on dying miserably. A terrorist will carry a bomb and go and destroy a church.... Killing 500. One child will survive and you see people screaming.... "Thank you Jesus... Thank God". What the Bleep? Thank God for allowing 500 to die while saving one? Ignorance dikwa egwu oo.

You see some people they will be shouting.... God is good... All the time. And all the time, God is good. God is holy, God is magnificient, God is great, God is the this and God is that...... God is omnipitent, God is omniscient, god is omnipresent.... Only one being with all these powers. Has anyone of us bothered one day to ask the question of what God is not? Can someone answer me that sincerely? If God is good, what really killed those 10,000 Nepalians? A poor country? I can understand a situation where a man out of careless driving wastes his life. But what about those things beyond human control? Things like earthquake, landslides, volcanic eruptions? Who is to blame for such physical evils that took many lives? If man takes blame for moral evil, what about physical evil? If God is to be blamed, why then tag him a good God? If some people were born imbecille at birth, who formed them in the womb? Deep questions that require deep answers.[/b]
i m nt an atheist tho,but i ask myslf ds questns n avnt gotten an answer..bt i knw there s a supreme being sumwhere
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by chacoonder(m): 9:02am On May 12, 2015
exxell:
really understand the reason behind their choices of not believing in the existence of a god or a good one for that matter. People like Shekau, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu are still alive.
Good write up. but I don't think Tinubu's name should be on that list.He is not a bloodsucker.
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by nickxtra(m): 9:22am On May 12, 2015
TOo bad! Rest in peace
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by luluosas(m): 11:35am On May 12, 2015
So sad. It is well.
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by gloryl(f): 1:23pm On May 12, 2015
Lord have mercy cry cry
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by Kenzico(m): 2:06pm On May 12, 2015
This is the most painful story of the month
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by sylve11: 3:39pm On May 12, 2015
May they find peace on their journey sad cool
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by ArcToyin(m): 8:34pm On May 13, 2015
So sad. RIP
Re: Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo) by Kemmy210(f): 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
May their souls rest in peace. Ohun gbogbo ye Olorun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

African Man Weds His Elderly Oyinbo Wife(photos) / Big, Bold & Beautiful Lady Weds (Photos) / Lady Poisoned By Her Wedding Planner Who Had Her Eyes On Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.