Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting (1297 Views)

Photographers 'abandon' Buhari For Jonathan At Council Of State Meeting / Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle / Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:43pm On May 11, 2015
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-convenes-last-council-of-state-meeting/

President Goodluck Jonathan has convened what appears to be the last meeting of the Council of State that will hold under his leadership. The meeting holds on Tuesday(tomorrow).

The Council consists of the President (as the Chairman), Vice President, all former Presidents or former Heads of State, all former Chief Justices of Nigeria, President of the Senate, Speaker of the House of Representatives, all state governors and the Attorney-General of the Federation.

Although the meeting, slated for 11am inside the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja is the last one Jonathan will be chairing, he is still expected to be attending subsequent ones as a former President.

The President may use the opportunity of the meeting to thank council members for their supports since the inception of his administration and ask them to extend the same hand of fellowship to the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari.

By virtue of being a former Head of State, Buhari is an existing member of the council.

He will automatically assume its leadership after his inauguration on May 29.

The Tuesday meeting may also review the conduct of the last general elections across the country.
ADVERTISEMENT

Buhari had been staying away from the council’s meetings up until the last meeting, which was held on February 5.

At that meeting, the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, had briefed members on preparation for the general elections.

Council members had then been divided over the desirability or otherwise of postponing the general elections from the earlier scheduled dates of February 14 and 28.

One of the key responsibilities of that organ of government is to advise the President in the exercise of his powers with respect to INEC, including the appointments of members of the commission.
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by ericiland: 8:45pm On May 11, 2015
it's needed for peaceful transition of power
GEJ my HERO, FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL..........temitemi1(nairaland 2015)
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by gudluckgreat(m): 8:47pm On May 11, 2015
undecided
ericiland:

GEJ my HERO, FAYOSE my ROLE
MODEL..........temitemi1(nairaland 2015)
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by stepo707: 8:49pm On May 11, 2015
Everything that has a beginning must have an end
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by OmoOlomu(m): 8:57pm On May 11, 2015
Hope is going to be fruitful for The Nation.
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by UrennaNkoli(f): 9:05pm On May 11, 2015
ericiland:

BERA stop copying that spam bot...it won't benefit you...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by LubricatingOil: 9:13pm On May 11, 2015
Thank God the clueless dunce is leaving.
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by ericiland: 9:24pm On May 11, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

our definitions of the word 'benefit' differs. am nt here to satisfy yr interest.

Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 11, 2015
Lol

Gej can go to hell.

By the way...has he finished sacking and sacking?
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by UrennaNkoli(f): 9:51pm On May 11, 2015
ericiland:

our definitions of the word 'benefit' differs. am nt here to satisfy yr interest.

yeye boy...
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by Mooaloji(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2015
The clueless one, lack action, charisma, too dull and boring. Thank God he was sent back to otouke.
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by CyberWolf: 9:59pm On May 11, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

NgeneUkwenu aka Cleverly you again?...When will you discover your gender
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by ericiland: 10:05pm On May 11, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

yeye boy...
u dis small girl cool
UrennaNkoli:

yeye boy...
u dis small girl
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:13pm On May 11, 2015
ericiland:

u dis small girl cool

u dis small girl
see this small boy wey just enter bush yesterday....u nor wan sabi ur mate again abi ?
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by ericiland: 10:19pm On May 11, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

see this small boy wey just enter bush yesterday....u nor wan sabi ur mate again abi ?

Oya, it's time for bed.......come n sleep nw b4 I use dis cane to draw tattoo for yr body
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:50pm On May 11, 2015
ericiland:

Oya, it's time for bed.......come n sleep nw b4 I use dis cane to draw tattoo for yr body

Oya go and kneel down, raise up ur hand and close ur eyes...No food for you tomorrow and make sure you wash ur cloths before I come back from work because you this boy will surely bed wet.
Re: Jonathan Convenes Last Council Of State Meeting by ericiland: 7:42am On May 12, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

Oya go and kneel down, raise up ur hand and close ur eyes...No food for you tomorrow and make sure you wash ur cloths before I come back from work because you this boy will surely bed wet.

SMH........yr case b critical. a psychiatric evaluation will b needed grin
UrennaNkoli:

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan: We've Done Things We Shouldn't Have Done / Enugu Son, And Raising Rnb Star Jidenna Performs At BET Awards / Presidency: Buhari Was Misquoted On Preferential Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.