Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS (66852 Views)

Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity / My 10-Year-Old Daughter Is No Longer A Virgin / 'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by ibrocool(m): 9:50pm On May 12, 2015
The daughter must be a bastard.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by pbs4real(m): 10:04pm On May 12, 2015
DrAify:
I am here now wink

There are 2 alpha and 2 beta globin chains - the pair, and there is a normal way the chains are supposed to be structured.
The error happens when a protein substitution occurs in any one of these chains - but particularly in the globin chains.These errors of substitution are called "THALASSAEMIAS". In reality, a substitution will occur at any point along either the alpha or beta chains.This is a case of Thalasaemia and that is if the Genotype and Paternity test were done properly
wat else cn i say. . The doc has spoken. Xo its possible for an AS&AA to produce an SS?therefore disobeying mendels law of genetics. . . Interesting. .
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by aligeee(m): 10:28pm On May 12, 2015
tpiadotcom:

only if a spiritual husband practiced unsafe sex, or else if the child was procured from a baby farm.

In addition, there's a blood type called AC which also passes on sickle cell (SC).

http://sicklecellna.org/faq.html
Spiritual husband indeed... grin
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by aligeee(m): 10:31pm On May 12, 2015
They should go and Conduct a paternity test on the child....(advice from a doctor friend)
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Zeddicus001(m): 4:29am On May 13, 2015
to be candid with you AA and AS can never give birth to SS is either AA or AS so the woman sabi who get the daughter but I can assure you 1000% the baby wasn't owned by the man

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Moana(f): 7:19am On May 13, 2015
Your friend is idiotic! Medical report on genotype you will believe and medical report on paternity you will question? Why? undecided
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Moana(f): 7:20am On May 13, 2015
Zeddicus001:
to be candid with you AA and AS can never give birth to SS is either AA or AS so the woman sabi who get the daughter but I can assure you 1000% the baby wasn't owned by the man
so different doctors who gave the paternity tests were high on iroko tree leaves?

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Moana(f): 7:22am On May 13, 2015
jaz:
VILLAGE WITCHES IN ACTION
are u one of the village witches grin
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by lastpage: 8:03am On May 13, 2015
vfactor:

I no understand you ooo. i no know if you dey my side or against me?

any way if you read the comment you for read where the op said the man has done paternity tests in various hospitals both within and outside the state, and they all prove say pikin na him own. so i wonder where the away match from come. this match na cup final, single leg.

i for like make quote me with wetin i fit understand.

My apologies!

If DNA test is not lying, then Genotype Test is definitely lying or maybe they are both lying! undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Yemiolads(f): 10:48am On May 13, 2015
Are you dealing with a bad or nasty case of pimples? you should read this: http://opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/beauty-talk-what-to-do-about-that-pesky.html
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Nobody: 11:08am On May 13, 2015
This issue just reminded me of something

Went for genotype test on 3 occasions (different government hospitals)between 2000-2009 and was made to know I am AS. In the year 2010 I fell in love to this lovely lady and prompted her to go for a genotype test and the result happened to be AS, meaning we can't be together, I felt very bad and she wept like a baby, I entered into 2 other relationships and both lady's were AS so we had to let go

Finally,just last year while preparing for engagement ( the lady in question happens to be AA according to what she told me) we decided to go for full medical test and was shock when the result came out that I am AA I told them it's not possible and produced the 3 others results showing I am AS, I was told to come back 2weeks time for another test and it shows thesame AA, as we speak I have gone to 2 other federal hospitals and result remain AA.

Does genotype change at all?

What could be wrong in this case?

And I hope it's not a similar thing the op is facing
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by donLEXY(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2015
pbs4real:
wat else cn i say. . The doc has spoken. Xo its possible for an AS&AA to produce an SS?therefore disobeying mendels law of genetics. . . Interesting. .

What you have explained is heamoglobinapathie, Thalassemia is deletion why hgbnaparhies is substitution HgC substitution of glutamic acid for lysine, why HgS is valine.

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by donLEXY(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2015
abdulkayus:

U are such a big time fooooool, didn't u read where the OP said they have went for DNA test and result shows that he is the real father of the baby gal. Read, una no go read. That is how u guys fail exams.

You don't have to insult him/her.... Refer him/her to clinical heamatology textbook. Read on Anemia (exceptions to rules) and you and him/her will have a good conversation
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Drfinn: 11:57am On May 13, 2015
I have read with mixed feelings several comments as regards this topic. The informed and uninformed have put forward 'wonderful' postulations.
I will give my contributions to this issue in the simplest of terms. No medical jargons!
There are about 26 known blood groups. The one which we are most familiar been the ABO system. Understandably, a man who is AA and wife AS should give birth to a child who is either AA or AS. This is a general principle. But not in all cases!
As I stated before we have 26 known blood group. The ABO blood group system is closely linked to two other systems namely Hh and Lewis blood group respectively. These blood group systems especially the Hh, otherwise called Bombay blood group system determine the phenotypic expression of the ABO system. This is irrespective of genotype! Surprised?
Those of us that did chemistry most have heard of first order Reactions! The outcome is usually dependent upon the rate determining substrate. In this regard the Hh blood group determine the ultimate expression of the ABO system. I promised to be simple. Now let's drop too much talk.
For those who haven't heard of enzymes, they are chemical substances who speed up a chemical reaction but remain unchanged at the end. There is an enzyme called fucosyl transferase that is linked with the Hh system. This enzyme leads to the formation of an antigen. This antigen is acted upon by another enzyme linked to the ABO system. The results is the production of antigen A, B. The A and B alleles as we no are dominant. It has equally been found that certain bacteria can equally affect the expression of the A and B antigen. Aaah!! Too much yarns abi... Lol!
Now let's look at the case in review, we all know the S antigen is recessive and can manifest only in the homozygous state. However, from my little explanation above its possible there is a failure in enzymatic process leading to the formation of the A antigen. This alteration may have lead instead to the formation of only S antigen. Hence the phenotype of this child been SS.
in summary that once parents are of a particular blood group doesn't ultimately mean the children will be same. There are exceptions! The father needs to be carefully on the part he is threading. That little child needs love and care not frequent pricking!! Thanks.

NB : I have avoided detailed explanations using medical terms to make comprehension easy. One can Google these key words to read further:Bombay Blood group. Lewis blood group, rare blood group systems.

4 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 13, 2015
spencestanlis:
Justing tinking aloud , r u sure de baby girl was nt exchanged with der own baby in de hospital

You guys should try and read post well before commenting na haba

Did you read were he said paternity test have being done?

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by KingTom(m): 1:29pm On May 13, 2015
ggrin:
e pain amu tongue gringringrin
grin grin grin
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by tobatele(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2015
This is very simple. Tell the man to go to any federal medical centre to check his genotype. His genotype is AS and not AA as he was told.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by abdulkayus(m): 5:44pm On May 13, 2015
donLEXY:

You don't have to insult him/her.... Refer him/her to clinical heamatology textbook. Read on Anemia (exceptions to rules) and you and him/her will have a good conversation

He insulted me first.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by rotimilax(m): 6:20pm On May 13, 2015
kelvin100:
Strange but not impossible.
It is highly impossible. This is what I studied in the university,so I know. Its either there's a mistake somewhere or the wife has been unfaithful. No two ways about it.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by free37: 9:46am On May 14, 2015
Hmmm.....
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by frisky2good(m): 4:53pm On May 15, 2015
OP, don't tell me your friend's wife has not confessed yet because I dey follow this story well well. As for all the dokitas wey dey lecture us for here, why hasn't the doctors handling the original case explained all the genetic law exceptions to the man involved? I don't doubt any of you but whatever is not straightforward does not make sense to me.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by ArcToyin(m): 7:30pm On May 15, 2015
Lolaabokoku:
Hey! Gbese re
lol. Abi nw
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by itzNOHEEB91: 3:47pm On May 16, 2015
Seriously I am as confused as many people on this thread...BUT HOWEVER not everything has a pure and straight forward explanation, and not every research is complete there are new phenomenons happening almost everyday, though people might try to support their opinions with different principles but that doesn't mean we must have answers to everything. On a positivite Note I've really learnt from dis and I hope d husband and wife can handle d psychological challenge dis might cause dem

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by funshiba(m): 6:18pm On May 16, 2015
bettercreature:
Shut your mouth if he trust his wife doesnt mean we should trust her,why do you think police normally beat people to confess,reffer me to one book or link that prove its possible for AS and AA to give birth to SS,the fact still remains the baby is not his baby

I just saw ur post...I figured you have a big problem. its called "trust issues" mixed with disease called complex...I really feel for you and dont blame you at all....

Who needs you to trust someone? Pathetic loser....

2 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by funshiba(m): 6:23pm On May 16, 2015
Ralphlauren:

funshiba
this was the post you made in 2013.

why are you now telling lies now in 2015 on this forum?

your wife is SS.

why come here to lie that an AA + AS couple has given birth to a SS child?

What makes you think we got married?

I laugh to see someone is stalking me...You obviously know me in person to go all the way... I will advice you get a life. Did i tell you we got married? smh...GET A LIFE MY DEAR
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by funshiba(m): 6:26pm On May 16, 2015
Ralphlauren:

funshiba , dude. 'why evils'

why are you on this thread peddling lies on what is medically impossible?

your wife is SS and that is the reason why you have a SS child.

AS + AA can NEVER breed a SS child

This is obviously personal and I bet you know me one on one. Be a man and read.... "MY EX" can you read at all or you when to school (If you ever made it) to see buns?

Hide something in a book.......

STALKER GET A LIFE OR BURN... SAD NEWS FOR YOU IS I HAVE A LIFE AND WONT BOTHER ABOUT YOUR LOW LIFE...
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by Ralphlauren(m): 6:45pm On May 16, 2015
funshiba:

What makes you think we got married?

I laugh to see someone is stalking me...You obviously know me in person to go all the way... I will advice you get a life. Did i tell you we got married? smh...GET A LIFE MY DEAR

Shutup jare

You are a liar from the pit of hell. Attention seeking f@ggot.

Ewu Gambia. undecided
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by kamer: 7:02am On May 17, 2015
MistadeRegal:
Pay attention to my story.
I am the third child but the first son. My sisters look exactly like my mum and dad respectively. My younger brothers look like my parents also respectively while I am different. My dad never treat me different from others and whenever he's scolding me, he always say, "I am your father and I won't watch you ruin!" Years later, I recalled as I grow taller, my grandmother(dad's mum) came visiting. And when it's morning, I went to greet her our native way. She pulled me up and began our lineage pedigree, I didn't look up at her and then she raised my head up and gave me the first shock!...She called my dad sharply and said to him with her eyes wide open, "This is the exact figure of your father!"
Since then, she always call me her husband.

Now, two years ago, my uncle(dad's elder brother) died. We all went to his home town. Dad took I and my uncle's son to greet some elders. We went round and came to the chief's(Baale) house where we all were assembled and he started eulogising us for the dead. This was where I got abother shock. I have never met this old man ever before but to my surprise, as many as we are there with him, while he was still speaking, I looked up, he paused and pointed at me saying same words, "Of all those here, ONLY YOU took after the beauty of your grandfather!" Everyone turned and stared at me! Some of my cousins whispered, "A je pe grandpa fine gan niyen o!"(That means grandpa is very handsome!) Then he(Baale) continued hus words....

Now what am I trying to tell your friend, if DNA proves he is the father of that girl, she could have taken after any of his grannies. He should never doubt his innocent wife and paint her a colour she never deserves because for the fact that I did not look like my dad or mum does not make me a bastard. Note.
Trash.. Trash..trash..we are discusing genotype and DNA here and you discussing resemblanc and baale. Is your genotype different from those of your parents?

1 Like

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by allycat: 7:40am On May 17, 2015
In medicine never say never. Or do people forget that a few years ago a black couple gave birth to a white child (not an albino). The S gene is a genetic mutation and even though extremely rare a fresh mutation can occur. There are diseases that are genetic that affect 1in 10000000 people. In other parts of the world this phenomenon would be studied by genetic scientist not layman on a blog.

2 Likes

Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by praisefulmum: 8:32am On May 17, 2015
Hi, Your friend should redo his and his wife's genotype at Pathcare Lab on Evo Road, the same place where bridge clinic is. It is expensive but samples are tested in South Africa and their results are verifiable. Your friend's genotype maybe AS and he may have been having wrong results all the while.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by SOUTHERATLANTIC(m): 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
Some genetically factors alter genotypes, yes but it will usually correct itself with time. The child must be treated as a single cell patient though, durning this transition.

More information, visit www.Facebook.com/theboneaid
THE BONE AID FOUNDATION.
Re: Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS by mignone(f): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2015
Behira:
shocked Dis is very rare
rare but real. a certain middle aged woman (nurse) afta having all of 3or4 children had her blood changed to SC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

All About Baby Poop! / I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. / Suicidal Man Jumps From 9th Floor, Stood Up And Asked What Happened In U.S.(Pics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.