Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts (21173 Views)

El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN / Court Orders Banks To Freeze Governor Lamido's Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by LobsanRampa(m): 1:24am On May 12, 2015
A Federal High court sitting in Dutse, Jigawa state capital has ordered all commercial banks operating in the state to freeze accounts bearing the names of Governor Sule Lamido, Birnin-Kudu local government and the Jigawa state government with immediate effect.

The court also summoned all commercial banks in the state to appear before its with statements of their accounts.

The court’s decision followed the refusal of the governor and the state government to obey the court’s order in a judgment to pay the sum of N50 million as compensation to APC senator-elect, Muhammad Sabo Nakudu and one other.

Reports indicated that the court gave the order during a court proceeding presided by Justice Sabiu Yahuza who gave the verdict after the plaintiff through their counsel Barrister Umar Aliyu to complain of dependent’s refusal to comply with the court judgment to pay the damage compensation.

Speaking after the court order, the plaintiff counsel, Barrister Umar Aliyu expressed satisfaction with the court decision, “we dragged Jigawa state governor and the state government, Birnin-kudu local government and state’s commissioner of police to the court for illegal trespass, attacking my client resident in Birnin-kudu town and violation of his right”.

“We convinced the court beyond reasonable doubt with genuine evidence, the court made the judgment in our favor and ordered the dependents to pay my clients the sum of N50 million, the dependent failed to abide by the court verdict within the period provides by the law”.

According to him that was why they went back to court and complained, hence the court ordered and served all the Banks in the state with the order of freezing their dependent’s banks accounts until after the verdicts on the matter.

The Attorney general later called and said “I’m having a meeting with the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), I will call you later”, but till the time of filing in this report he didn’t call back.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/court-orders-banks-freeze-lamidos-account-jigawa-state-accounts-others/
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by ChrisChino(m): 3:14am On May 12, 2015
na beans?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Nobody: 3:20am On May 12, 2015
Nigerian court abi na American or British order to freeze accounts of a sitting governor in this same Nigeria I lived?

Mtcheew, I thought it's something serious undecided

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by mailadedamola(m): 3:22am On May 12, 2015
Both account.
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Mynd44: 6:32am On May 12, 2015
He lost the election and now about to lose money to the people that won too?

You people are wicked oooo

11 Likes

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by hertheytheydgee(m): 7:03am On May 12, 2015
Judiciary also don join naija psycophancy
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Goahead(m): 7:04am On May 12, 2015
Federal High Court should also freeze Tinubu's accounts!

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by omenka(m): 7:04am On May 12, 2015
This one na real ghen ghen. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by driand(m): 7:04am On May 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by mrphysics(m): 7:04am On May 12, 2015
fear of gmb

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by otijah(m): 7:05am On May 12, 2015
Ok let the freezing start, not only for lamido but for every ex governor and incumbent governors
Change is here

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by kay29000(m): 7:05am On May 12, 2015
Hmm! Losing streak for the once mighty PDP. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Nobody: 7:06am On May 12, 2015
Na wa
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by omenka(m): 7:06am On May 12, 2015
hertheytheydgee:
Judiciary also don join naija psycophancy
Are you sure you even read the first line

9 Likes

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Maczeelly(m): 7:07am On May 12, 2015
Bueno
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by spicytayomic(m): 7:07am On May 12, 2015

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by thibcyrain: 7:08am On May 12, 2015
This land is not for sale..Beware of online 419...
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by kingsjo(m): 7:08am On May 12, 2015
Let ur judiciary awake from their slumber. Thnk God Nigeria is getting it right.
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Mubby4luv(m): 7:08am On May 12, 2015
oitpol:
What has he done
Read the news, it won't kill you angry

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Cadillac15(m): 7:09am On May 12, 2015
They want to wreck this lamido completely. cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Bonapart(m): 7:09am On May 12, 2015
Lamido here's a statement for ur sorry ass...
hassan85:

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by toksrich: 7:09am On May 12, 2015
Ounpe....…........
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by amakaffy: 7:10am On May 12, 2015
I enter front page abi? I wil comment later abeg

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by hassan85(m): 7:11am On May 12, 2015
How lamido became ds low i dont knw. Well let dia be justice in nigeria nobdy is above d law
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Adieza(m): 7:11am On May 12, 2015
ha. we are in change period.
court should please freeze other PDP governors,minister account and corrupt APC leaders
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Mykelpato(m): 7:12am On May 12, 2015
grin sule lamido, ur chopping days re over
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:12am On May 12, 2015
How will he now pay the money?
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Adieza(m): 7:12am On May 12, 2015
una never wake up
Re: Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts by Oceemo(m): 7:13am On May 12, 2015
Do peeps obey court order in this country? Abeg make we hear word failed Government.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Bot Sends Sheriff, Makarfi Out Of meeting / Those Asking For Diezani's Extradition Are Mumu-lauretta Onochie / RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.