Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN (27485 Views)

El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos / El-Rufai Orders FRSC Off The Streets Of Kaduna / El-rufai Orders Arrest Of Ibrahim Musa, Spokesperson Of Shiite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by LocalChamp: 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
El-Rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN print
Published on August 6, 2015 by admin

Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has directed all banks with accounts of the state government to close them.
According to El-Rufai, the decision to close the accounts was to give way for implementation of the Treasury Single Account, TSA, framework by 1 September, 2015.
The governor who further explained that the decision was part of the process of attaining this goal, said all banks that maintain the accounts of the government have not only been put on notice to close them, but have also been asked to remit the balances to the Central Bank of Nigeria which will host the state’s TSA.
A statement signed by Samuel Aruwan, the Special Assistant, Media and Publicity, said the governori gave the directives at a meeting with officials of all the banks hosting the state government’s revenue and expenditure accounts.
He said the meeting was also attended by the Kaduna State Branch Controller of the CBN.
El-Rufai explained that after the establishment of the TSA, the state government will open specified sub-accounts with the CBN and the commercial banks.
“The banks’ officials present assured the governor that within five working days of receiving the formal instructions from the state government, they will close the accounts and remit the balances to the TSA.”
While thanking the banks for their continued support, the governor assured them that a session will be organized to explain to the banks how the new TSA and the sub-accounts will work.
The statement also disclosed that selected revenue-holding accounts will be excluded from this directive.
The government will publish needed Treasury Circulars and other instructions to give effect to these decisions.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/06/el-rufai-orders-banks-to-close-govt-accounts-remit-balance-to-cbn/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by SeverusSnape(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
El-Ruffian.

Midget talkative...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by deadZONE: 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
Mini- buhari
only that this one is
educated.. even with that
he is clueless.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by donholy28(m): 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
Wetin concern me?...let d big men kill themselves

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by dustmalik: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
That's a great move by El-rufai. Transparency at its peak.

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by omenka(m): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
This Mini Buhari is just giving me joy. smiley

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by omenka(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
Lalasticlala, this should be on the fp sir.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by kulobyno: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
[size=15pt].I can see a man determined to curb excesses and implement a credible governance. Well done Oga [/size]

114 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by Darlingting: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
k
Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by allanphash7(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
Am just loving this el rufai everytime i read News about kaduna

Kaduna people are just so lucky

87 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by ifeelgood: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
My pace-setting gov, any day you enter helicopter you shall not crash.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
I DON'T GIVE A FLYING F U C K undecided

6 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by benikad(m): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
first to comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by RichDad1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
The Performer. cool cool cool
Hope Dumbo Sambo is learning?

20 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
Great

- where is Tambuwal sef?
- Governor El- Rufai is well ahead in the game of succession of Mr.President

At least by 2023 -2031, El - Rufai can take over Nigeria....

Sai APC

36 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by tym92(m): 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
k
Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by bongila(f): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
Good move. This at least is change, I pray the tempo doesn't change.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by Asebaba1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
Kaduna is a lucky state , really

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by laurel03(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sai El Rufai.
Sai Baba
Sai Apc
Sai Change
Sai Nigeria

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by TXRunner(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
El-Ruffian.

Midget talkative...

nawa oo. O ye wailing wailer, una no dey see better for una life? shocked shocked shocked wit people like u, naija has a long way 2 go. if u must critisize at least do it with sense na. is that too hard? i pity ur generations

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
It takes little signs to know a visionary leader.

El-rufai is exceptional.

26 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by devigblegble: 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
Ok
Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
omenka:
This Mini Buhari is just giving me joy. smiley
I've not seen any post or topic about your state of Origin Benue which you promoted or sponsored.

Stop peddling your sycophantic *Nigerianess* online

Isi Ikwe

6 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by ammyluv2002(f): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
benikad:
first to comment
for which forum? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by espn(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
we always knew one day bush meat will go after d hunters.. so many corrupt officials yansh go still blow.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by Jimwalex(m): 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
El-rufai is working..a replica of PMB.keep it up

17 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by Trending(m): 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
nn
Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by ITSAWRAPWORLD: 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
Keep it up Uncle, kontinue.

Some Governors need to meet him to learn "How to run a State 101"

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by Timero84: 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
This is good for the country as it will kill corruption of fellow governors real fast. Hope it continues and sees the light of day.
Other governors should follow suit.

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by makzeze: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
El Rufai, my man!
Re: El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2015
Vanquay:
I DON'T GIVE A FLYING F U C K undecided

I didn't know F U C K S fly.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Votes In Ogun State / Restructuring: Effective Leaders Listen, Sam Adeyemi Replies Presidency / President Buhari Welcomed With 4 Plus 4 Sign At The Residence Of Late Shagari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.