Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla (1733 Views)

Gov Ikpeazu Swears-in Newly Elected Chairmen Of 17 LGAs In The State(pics) / Asari Dokubo: Chibok Is A Scam, No Girl Was Found Because No Girls Were Missing / Ben-Bruce Mocked Buhari With The Age Of His Ministers(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by 9jaroof(m): 12:28am On May 13, 2015
Mrs Aisha Buhari says no girl should be married before age 17. According to her, girls who are of 18 to 20 years old are better matured to give birth to a child than those who are 17 and below. Mrs Buhari said this while speaking to Channels TV at the side-line of the Global Women Conference held in Buenos Aires, Argentina shortly after her presentation on the danger women and girl child contend with daily. She pushed for legislation against early marriage..

“We have heard so much from the Ministers of Women affairs from different countries. We are trying to tally it with what is happening in Nigeria, to find out how we are lacking and in which aspect of women affairs that we are lacking and the ones that we have gone ahead. I think so far its quite encouraging. We just need to put everything in practice than being in theory. If the government can stand up and say every girl child must attend basic primary and secondary school education before getting married. I think nobody, no girl should be married before the age of 17 because if you really attend secondary school, you will have to be like 16 and 17 and I think by the time you are 18- 20, its quite a moderate time of having a child”she said

http://naijaroof.com/2015/05/12/no-girl-should-be-married-before-the-age-of-17-aisha-buhari-calls-for-legislation-against-early-marriage/

3 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by BarakOkenny(m): 12:33am On May 13, 2015
Very well said.!

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Mykelpato(m): 12:38am On May 13, 2015
grin em Dan dey find Yerima's trouble

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by podosci(m): 12:46am On May 13, 2015
The paedophile go don dey provoke say buhari and him wife wan spoil him market
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by estyvino(m): 12:48am On May 13, 2015
She recalled her sad experience, keep it up lady, it's a good fight

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by mensdept: 12:49am On May 13, 2015
And she should also add that no child should be forced to vote in a national election when they should be in school sef

And that sharia law has no place in a secular society called Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by lailo: 1:00am On May 13, 2015
I pray she was not also guilty.Good 4 our new first lady madam Aisha but can't remember when mama peace eva raised such an important issue during her husband almost 6yrs reign,BUT I remembered she fought with sitting Governors eg Rotimi Amechi,Seriake Dikson,Timipre Silver etc.Both of them will be remember 4 their contribution towards Nigeria growth.HOLYCROWN say so

2 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Nobody: 1:01am On May 13, 2015
This woman wants to cause trouble for the northern establishment which sees child marriage as a norm.

I'm in support of her anD I ll urge everyone to support this initiative of ending girl child marriage
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by baybeeboi: 1:13am On May 13, 2015
make those abokis them hear you first.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by ifyan(m): 1:29am On May 13, 2015
Kai! She won start her own. Remember

If yerimas plus yaro dem cash you, hmmmm l no no oh.

Kai! Ebi like say this won na big bad maket .

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by ifyan(m): 1:35am On May 13, 2015
baybeeboi:
make those abokis them hear you first.

Bro this madam we de too smile for camera.

I no lie she fin wela kai! But make we pray say kleg no follow.

You know. ......
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Opinedecandid(m): 1:37am On May 13, 2015
Talking from the standpoint of EXPERIENCE!

4 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by GBTYO: 1:51am On May 13, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Talking from the standpoint of EXPERIENCE!

Epic 5 star post cheesy
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Nobody: 3:08am On May 13, 2015
Shouldn't she start this campaign from her geopolitical zone?

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Aromas: 3:16am On May 13, 2015
She's right to her opinion, but most ladies of nowadays who claim to be twenties still behave like under 16

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Aromas: 3:17am On May 13, 2015
babyosisi:
She can start anywhere

3 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Nobody: 3:20am On May 13, 2015
Aromas:

She can start anywhere

Men in her place cite Mohammed as their reason for marrying little kids and she is campaigning in Argentina ?
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Aromas: 3:29am On May 13, 2015
babyosisi:

Men in her place cite Mohammed as their reason for marrying little kids and she is campaigning in Argentina ?
So what are you trying to figure out here dear, that 20yrs old of lady still a kid
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by owobokiri(m): 4:42am On May 13, 2015
Good idea
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by omonnakoda: 4:51am On May 13, 2015
I disagree,they should be allowed to practice their religion

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Rawani: 4:55am On May 13, 2015
Impressive initiative, this portrays a thinking individual ready to hit the ground running. Beautiful, smart and proactive, it's no surprise she's already performing the current first lady's responsibilities at the Global Women Conference in Argentina.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Jesusloveyou: 6:16am On May 13, 2015
babyosisi:
her geopolitical zone is nigeria, she is d first lady of nigeria,not adamawa or north east.

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by babyfaceafrica: 6:21am On May 13, 2015
In as much as I agree that 18 yrs is good,but we all know this things won't work..especially in northern state as long as parents consent to thei teenage girl getting married there is little or nothing anyone can do about it...more education is needed
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by appini: 6:22am On May 13, 2015
She's as confused as her husband.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by M4gunners: 6:25am On May 13, 2015
Ok ma please help us and pass the message to Yerima and a big thanks in advance.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Nobody: 6:54am On May 13, 2015
good move, the Northerner will be angry with this woman, she's condemning their area of specialization.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by obiak4(m): 7:03am On May 13, 2015
omonnakoda:
WHICH RELIGION DID PROPHET MOHAMMED (S.A.W) MARRIED A MINOR?
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:35am On May 13, 2015
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by Nobody: 7:53am On May 13, 2015
Eeyya she remembers the torment she went through in the hands of buhari as a child bride and wouldn't wish it in the hands of anyone.

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by sinizia: 7:53am On May 13, 2015
omonnakoda:

No religion surpasses the constitution of a country. Child marriage is wrong and unlawful, religion or not!! Didn't you read about the child bride that killed her husband? This is what child marriages can cause. If they want to practice their religion above the country's constitution, then they should break away and form Arewa Republic and do as they like.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by ki02020(m): 7:56am On May 13, 2015
From 18 above jor
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17- Aisha Buhari, Calls For Legisla by theSpark(m): 8:05am On May 13, 2015
lailo:
I pray she was not also guilty.Good 4 our new first lady madam Aisha but can't remember when mama peace eva raised such an important issue during her husband almost 6yrs reign,BUT I remembered she fought with sitting Governors eg Rotimi Amechi,Seriake Dikson,Timipre Silver etc.Both of them will be remember 4 their contribution towards Nigeria growth.HOLYCROWN say so

Had Mama Peace raised this issue many northerners would have considered it as an affront on their way of life and religion. It's good this is coming from a Northerner and Muslim woman.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Cute Baby Born With 12 Toes And 12 Fingers (photo) / Disturbing Pictures Of Plateau Killings(viewer Discretion Is Advised) / Ilorin Churches Organize Special Prayers For Bukola Saraki's Downfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.