Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707939 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Snazzygirl: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
Mystiqme:

Snazz of life. I'm just hot here o. I hope the heat ain't too much over there.

Too hot! Waaay too hot. I prayed for summer, and now I'm wishing it away. Today isn't too bad YET, Omaha is just 74 now. How every every?

BTW, read your illustration to SirRiddy's question, I think I just fell in love cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
Kennyrony Shay i don't need to go to Emirates office in Lagos after de v sent me my e-ticket... To my email.
All i to need is d print out and de will give me a boarding pass at the airport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
Denvan:

What are d conditions to using d master card ie number of usage; maximum amount one can withdraw per time per day; where to renew if it expires; charges that apply etc?
yes there are as duly stated below;
1. withdrawal up to 8 times daily with a cumulative transaction limit of N60,000 or its equivalent in any currency if the transaction is done abroad, there is a N420 change for withdrawal done at an ATM abroad
2. purchase or pay up to 15 times a day at a POS or online with a cumulative spend of 500.000 to 1M or its equivalent if its done abroad or on international websites NB. its varies for different banks
NB. the above is for the mastercard. Visa charges 209.50/ 1dollar for my fidelity card for online and swipe transactions
i filled a form stating that i would want the magnetic stripe of my debit cards be relieved or rather open to enable m swipe at pay up points

3. get a friend or the operating manager at your bank of choice to get your account fully operational for home use being the "internet banking" your can request for card and sign a third party to go and collect your card any time its ready for collection your pin can be mailed to you........fidelity bank, Gtbank, stanbic bank services are tight but you can use others .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MsNas(f): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
Snazzygirl:

Too hot! Waaay too hot. I prayed for summer, and now I'm wishing it away. Today isn't too bad YET, Omaha is just 74 now. How every every?

BTW, read your illustration to SirRiddy's question, I think I just fell in love cheesy
74 and you're complaining? Mschewwww. Long hiss. Let's trade places grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
@ Kenny... congrats...now we need some brush-ups!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
warriboy21:
Kennyrony Shay i don't need to go to Emirates office in Lagos after de v sent me my e-ticket... To my email.
All i to need is d print out and de will give me a boarding pass at the airport
you dont have to go to emirate. just print out the eticket sent to u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
ferdiii:
@ Kenny... congrats...now we need some brush-ups!
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bayonino: 6:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
kennyrony:

Yes Bro.
1. My School is at Michigan. But i enter through Boston.
2. You might under go some screenig and interview again most especially if you are travelling for the first time and u ar Nigerian.
3. I don’t really know the exchange rate for now
4. I will advise you to get your PTA done. I did my also at fidelity bank at 199.7 per dollar. i did $4,000 which is the highest nd was even begging them if I can change more. Lol
Thanks so much for your reply. please can you shed more light on the PTA. Must i have an account with them?...will i be given the dollar equivalent cash?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ayyyyo(m): 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
Stewee:

No sir you're legally an adult in he United States!

Best of luck in all your endeavors!!!
thank you sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cutemorgan(m): 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
Good day house,
I will like to make inquiries about some things i am a little bit confused with. I am planning to send my credentials over for WES evaluation, i will like to know if the ICAP course by course option will be okay, and approximately how long it is going to take.
Also, most of the schools I've researched on and planning to apply to for graduate studies only require an official copy of transcript directly sent from the university of my undergraduate study, I will like to know if the WES evaluated transcript can suffice in such cases.
Thanks everyone

cc: slimmy05 profojah mystiqme zeezahbee bigfrancis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
kennyrony:
you dont have to go to emirate. just print out the eticket sent to u.
Correct . Hope u never de eye dos white babes o lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
Stewee:

Ermmm... You don't need a SSN to to get approved a credit card! I know this for a fact!
So far you have been making transactions with your debit card, after three months you can qualify for one. If you've had a lot of cash flow with your debit card they can even waive the 3months requirement and issue you one sharp sharp.

Stewee is actually correct. i was at BOA this morning with a friend and i was approved of $1500, they didnt even ask for my SSN.
my friend didnt have a SSN and she was also approved immediately for $700, as long have you have been banking with them for like 2-3mths, they approve the credit card plus no annual fee

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
Abeg anybody done use seattle tacoma enter? Na there be my poe i no dey go school directly i dey go los Angeles then in three days time i dey go school i dn book both flights hope i no spoil show o and the poe mk senx?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Denvan: 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
amanze15:
yes there are as duly stated below;
1. withdrawal up to 8 times daily with a cumulative transaction limit of N60,000 or its equivalent in any currency if the transaction is done abroad, there is a N420 change for withdrawal done at an ATM abroad
2. purchase or pay up to 15 times a day at a POS or online with a cumulative spend of 500.000 to 1M or its equivalent if its done abroad or on international websites NB. its varies for different banks
NB. the above is for the mastercard. Visa charges 209.50/ 1dollar for my fidelity card for online and swipe transactions
i filled a form stating that i would want the magnetic stripe of my debit cards be relieved or rather open to enable m swipe at pay up points

3. get a friend or the operating manager at your bank of choice to get your account fully operational for home use being the "internet banking" your can request for card and sign a third party to go and collect your card any time its ready for collection your pin can be mailed to you........fidelity bank, Gtbank, stanbic bank services are tight but you can use others .
Hmmmmmm... So much to b desired... #60000 per day, which is $300... Anyway, thanks for d info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Snazzygirl: 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
MsNas:

74 and you're complaining? Mschewwww. Long hiss. Let's trade places grin grin

Lool. See beef o. Where were u when I was roasting in 96 last week. Make I no hear o. Let's trade now, and see if you will survive the humidity. tongue grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
A brilliant analogy!

Mystiqme:

The bolded is your opening.

If you are not in the mood, read only the words in bold. smiley

What do you do when a babe you like tells you she doesn't have a bf?

1. You ping her regularly abi? Open a stream of communication with this guy, but don't overdo it
2. Soon she'll stylishly ask about your gf. You will know there is progress when he asks for GPA, GRE and SOP.
3. You will constantly profess your love for her, and talk about spending a future with her. Talk to this guy about his research, his publications, and what future directions he wants his research to go.
4. You will not talk to her about x in the early days, right? Do not ask about money until you guys are in good communication, or until he raises it.

Finally, while I will not advise you to tell several girls you love them, I will suggest you keep lines of communication open with other profs until you have an offer letter in your hand. Anything can happen.

Just to add a bit to what godG said.

Best.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Snazzygirl: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
cutemorgan:
Good day house,
I will like to make inquiries about some things i am a little bit confused with. I am planning to send my credentials over for WES evaluation, i will like to know if the ICAP course by course option will be okay, and approximately how long it is going to take.
Also, most of the schools I've researched on and planning to apply to for graduate studies only require an official copy of transcript directly sent from the university of my undergraduate study, I will like to know if the WES evaluated transcript can suffice in such cases.
Thanks everyone

ICAP is fine. nobody knows how long it will take cz each case is different. It also depends on how fast your school is with transcripts. Just start now, and zero your mind it might take as long as 2months or more, so u won't be disappointed. The third question is directed at the wrong people. Email your admission counselors, and find out what they are willing to accept. Let them know WES sends a verified copy of the transcript in addition to the evaluation report. Hopefully they will be ok with that. Schools have diff policies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
cutemorgan:
Good day house,
Thanks everyone

ICAP is actually the best. it depends on how fast your send in your document. if everything goes smoothly, it sometimes takes 4-6 weeks.

get across to your intended schools and ask if they will accept WES or not

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cutemorgan(m): 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
Snazzygirl:

ICAP is fine. nobody knows how long it will take cz each case is different. It also depends on how fast your school is with transcripts. Just start now, and zero your mind it might take as long as 2months or more, so u won't be disappointed. The third question is directed at the wrong people. Email your admission counselors, and find out what they are willing to accept. Let them know WES sends a verified copy of the transcript in addition to the evaluation report. Hopefully they will be ok with that. Schools have diff policies.

Thanks so much maam, Really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cutemorgan(m): 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
ICAP is actually the best. it depends on how fast your send in your document. if everything goes smoothly, it sometimes takes 4-6 weeks.

Thanks maam, abi na zeezahbaby as you're popularly known, lol... Really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
bayonino:
Thanks so much for your reply. please can you shed more light on the PTA. Must i have an account with them?...will i be given the dollar equivalent cash?.
yea. u must be operating an account wit dem. and it depend on d amount u want to change. highest is $4000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
ayyyyo:
lol thanks I don't drink , only water. grin
Tah, dey claim saint paul for here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
warriboy21:

Correct
. Hope u never de eye dos white babes o lol
lol..... not yet... but soon. lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
kennyrony:

lol.... how are you doing bro
Boss mi, the americanah, at last, im good oh, what about you, hope say you dey enjoy the view of the country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by heboocun65: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
I'm using this medium to say thank you all for your advise and comment concerning my appointment confirmation nos issue.

With God everything is possible that exactly was my experience today..
It's been resolved and I'm set for the interview tomorrow.

I do appreciate.
God bless..

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
ayyyyo:
which school are you heading to ?
Transferred from troy univ to collin community college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MsNas(f): 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
Snazzygirl:

Lool. See beef o. Where were u when I was roasting in 96 last week. Make I no hear o. Let's trade now, and see if you will survive the humidity. tongue grin

Mschew. Long hiss again. grin grin Mere 94! It's always an average of 102 here everyday. Lol. Humidity that I'm used to in Arkansas. grin grin

I see you oo. All the stunts you're pulling. And you no even gist me? There is God oo. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
cutemorgan:

Thanks so much maam, Really appreciate

But why exactly are you trying to go the WES route? Do the schools you are applying to, require it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
kennyrony:
I finally arrived United State yesterday all thanks to God and all Thanks to the gurus who have been contributing to this thread, bigfrancis, Slimmy05, ojap, Zeezahbee, Profojah, coobby and many others.

My travel transcript, my flight was schedule for 2:30pm, I got to the airport around 10am accompanied with my Mum, brother and Dannysexy. As at that time the Emirate counter as not started operation, so I use that opportunity to take some pics with my friend and sibling and also went for my breakfast.

Fastforward.
Got back to the airport do the normal checking, the immigration officer collected my 2litre of Palm Oil and my Aboniki that I cant go with it. When I was going to board my flight during the security check one of the immigration officer ask me to settle him. I told him (Na student I be, I no get money na the only land wey my papa get he go sell, and guess u wouldn’t want to collect that kind money…. smile) another security ask me to do weekend for him (Bros walai I no get money ooo, dis school wey I dey go self na loan my papa go collect. lol) inshort I did not give dem a dime.

It 2:30pm, Emirate airline LAGOS-DUBAI, I enjoy the emirate airline WIFI, when I send Msg to friends they thought I was bounce back, they never knew I could be chatting on air. had a 7hours stopover in Dubai before connecting to Boston. I was given a meal ticket, my Brother already advice me to go for Texas Chicken Restaurant. I trek for about 45min, nearly lost self Dubai Airport is damn Big. Slept for few hours at the airport before connection to Boston.

DUBAI-BOSTON is about 13hours, busy watching latest Movie, and eating all the meal brought. For my mind the 255K wey una collect me no go waste. Finally got to Boston at about 2:30pm USA time. Go for immigration check, I was called to window 27.

Immigration officer: Why are you in United State
Me: Am here for my Masters Degree
Immigration officer: Where?
Me: Michigan Technological University
Immigration Officer: can I see you I-20?
Me: Sure, and I handed it over to him
Immigration officer: Is your first time of coming to the United State?
Me: Yea. (he just pick the mic and call the security)
Immigration officer: Can you go and wait there pls, you will have to undergo some immigration screening.
Mesadfor my mind I don enta am today, who say make I follow Boston airport). I was scared because Boston is very far from my School. And my school advice me to come in through Chicago airport, But because I want to spend some weeks with my siblings befor going to school I had to come in 2ru Boston.

I waited for about 5min, a security officer went to the immigration office that interview me and collected my document (my boarding pass ie flight ticket, Passport, I-20) and ask me and 5 other people to follow him. We were taking to a room, (by this time I don they read psalms) the rest were called and interviewed briefly within 30sec and there document were return. I was the only 1 remaining. And another set of people were brought, and still yet to call me.
I was finally called and interview again

Immigration officer: Why are you in united state
Me: Am here for my maters degree in Geographical Information Science
Immigration officer: where?
Me: Michigan Technological University
Immigration officer: Have you been to the United State before?
Me: No No
Immigration officer: have you travel out of you country before?
Me: At all
Immigration officer: Even other African country?
Me: this my first time of going outside my country
Immigration officer: did you come with any food items?
Me: Yes, Yam Flour, Garri, Dry fish
Immigration officer: (Stamp my Passport) gave me back my document and ask me to go and pick my languages for custom check.
I took my bags and went for the custom check, a black man interview me again, asked where I was coming from, the kind of food items I have in my bag, what am in the US for, the course am going for, my State, what my Father and Mother does etc. he scan my bag and told me to open it, check my food items and collect my 3packet of Maggi, he said it Maggi chicken that I cant go in with it

By this time I was already tired and thinking how am gonna embark on another 1:30min journey to where my siblings are cos they told me dey wont be coming to pick me up cos the car is faulty . Took my bags and was still thinking were am going to make a call and also get a bus going to my destination…. Surprisingly friends and family member already outside waiting for me, so so happy……. [b]WELCOME TO AMERICA….[/b]nice transcript it was informative, I am also flying with Emirates and have two hours layover in dubai. Wifi in air thats cool grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
kennyrony:
Ahhhh. dis one serious oooo.
It's okay. "Knowledge is power."
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
kennyrony:
Ahhhh. dis one serious oooo.
It's okay. "Knowledge is power."
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=bartino post=36572174][/quote]cool, very informative transcript i have two hours layover in dubai i am flying Emirates too, where you given your baggage in dubai or it was at you final destination? Wifi in a flight, thats amazing!

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.