Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707634 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
All the best bro!
heboocun65:
I'm using this medium to say thank you all for your advise and comment concerning my appointment confirmation nos issue.

With God everything is possible that exactly was my experience today..
It's been resolved and I'm set for the interview tomorrow.

I do appreciate.
God bless..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Snazzygirl: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
MsNas:

Mschew. Long hiss again. grin grin Mere 94! It's always an average of 102 here everyday. Lol. Humidity that I'm used to in Arkansas. grin grin

I see you oo. All the stunts you're pulling. And you no even gist me? There is God oo. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy. Baby girl, that's gist for the elders. You are too small cheesy cheesy.
They just wan finish person energy for this my job, was too tired to text u yesterday. I've been packaging the gist though, was just waiting for the time to gist u about my interesting stunts. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
@ kennyrony Abeg i get two hours layover for dubai hope say e do oo to enter d next flight?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MsNas(f): 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
Snazzygirl:

cheesy cheesy cheesy. Baby girl, that's gist for the elders. You are too small cheesy cheesy.
They just wan finish person energy for this my job, was too tired to text u yesterday. I've been packaging the gist though, was just waiting for the time to gist u about my interesting stunts. grin
Oya drop the gist live in my inbox. You know I love gbeborun grin I no wan hear say you dey tired.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
bartino:
@ kennyrony Abeg i get two hours layover for dubai hope say e do oo to enter d next flight?
Ur own na 2hrs
My own nko wen b 13hrs nko. Dem go Lodge us for Dubai hotel sha for free. Sha n free uae visa.
Emirates shaaa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
warriboy21:

Ur own na 2hrs
My own nko wen b 13hrs nko. Dem go Lodge us for Dubai hotel sha for free. Sha n free uae visa.
Emirates shaaa
u go marry, born your pikin go dn start undergraduate bfr u comot dubai loool, just have fun and rest joor e long but u go use d time wella
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
sirRiddy:
My people,
I need your help here. I sent a professor a mail about working with him on a research project. He replied me this morning. How do guys suggest I do not screw up this chance? What should I wirte and what should I not write?

My mail:
[b]Dear Prof. X,
I completed my BS degree in Computer Science at ??, ?? last year and currently applying to ?? MS program. Looking through the department website, I have become interested in your research and think I would be a good fit in your research group.
I have read your paper, "Simulation of Mobile Treatment Monitoring System" I found on the ACM digital library (www.??.com) and I find it interesting. I was particularly fascinated by the medication adherence tracker simulation as I have been using simulation techniques to test and validate requirements for a Primary Health Care Information System being developed in the Health Informatics lab where I currently intern in Nigeria.
Due to the importance of adherence in healthcare, I think this tool should be validated, verified or evaluated to determine it's effectiveness. I believe this is pertinent as the cost and repercussion of non adherence in terms of money and lives is immense especially for cardiovascular diseases. Could this work be extended towards this regard? Do you think it would be worthwhile to pursue this line of research?
I would like to know if you would be accepting new graduate students for fall 2016. Thanks very much for your time. I hope we have the chance to speak about research in the future.[/b]
Sincerely,
??

His reply:
Dear ??,
Thanks for your interest. The aforementioned research sure can be extended. Several of my students are graduating and there will be several openings in my lab. Best wishes,

This is good chance that he is likely to accept you! Follow up on his email.

Respond by asking him what possible research openings he has in his lab to see which you would be a good fit for.

@others...sirriddy's mail template is the perfect example of a template for those seeking graduate assistantships at their prospective schools. You should never be direct in your search for assistantship or be won't to mention or implicitly imply in your first email that you are looking for an assistantship because of the money.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
cutemorgan:
Good day house,
I will like to make inquiries about some things i am a little bit confused with. I am planning to send my credentials over for WES evaluation, i will like to know if the ICAP course by course option will be okay, and approximately how long it is going to take.
Also, most of the schools I've researched on and planning to apply to for graduate studies only require an official copy of transcript directly sent from the university of my undergraduate study, I will like to know if the WES evaluated transcript can suffice in such cases.
Thanks everyone

cc: slimmy05 profojah mystiqme zeezahbee bigfrancis

In all entirety, you don't need WES translations if your prospective schools require your transcripts directly from your undergraduate university. It is only a waste of money and time.

I never used WES evaluation during my application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
Stewee is actually correct. i was at BOA this morning with a friend and i was approved of $1500, they didnt even ask for my SSN.
my friend didnt have a SSN and she was also approved immediately for $700, as long have you have been banking with them for like 2-3mths, they approve the credit card plus no annual fee

Good to know. Quick question, have you been banking with BOA?

Is it the checkings or savings account that you have with them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Dem no dey post transcripts again? Please we need ideas as to how the visa issuance pattern is going. This week must pure oh!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
bartino:
Bro d 2hours stopover is ok to catch ur connecting flight. u want av to rest at all, Dubai airport is very very big, u need not to waste a second at all if not u go lost.

u wont be collecting ur bags, it gonna be transfer to d connecting flight. just make sure u look for d Gate which ur connecting flight is ontime.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
Oya those wey dem approve today start dropping your transcript at least you have gotten enuf time to celebrate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
Bbdd, we've started the processing too, she has a b1/b2 visa but since she would be using Kaplan University for the Usmle study, so she has to go for an F1. Dr. Lekan has been helpful. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
kennyrony:

Bro d 2hours stopover is ok to catch ur connecting flight. u want av to rest at all, Dubai airport is very very big, u need not to waste a second at all if not u go lost.

u wont be collecting ur bags, it gonna be transfer to d connecting flight. just make sure u look for d Gate which ur connecting flight is ontime.
okay bro thanks, much appreciations. Which school u dey go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
Stewee is actually correct. i was at BOA this morning with a friend and i was approved of $1500, they didnt even ask for my SSN.
my friend didnt have a SSN and she was also approved immediately for $700, as long have you have been banking with them for like 2-3mths, they approve the credit card plus no annual fee

Thank You for clearing that up!
You didn't believe me snazzygirl

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 8:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
kennyrony:
I finally arrived United State yesterday all thanks to God and all Thanks to the gurus who have been contributing to this thread, bigfrancis, Slimmy05, ojap, Zeezahbee, Profojah, coobby and many others.

My travel transcript, my flight was schedule for 2:30pm, I got to the airport around 10am accompanied with my Mum, brother and Dannysexy. As at that time the Emirate counter as not started operation, so I use that opportunity to take some pics with my friend and sibling and also went for my breakfast.

Fastforward.
Got back to the airport do the normal checking, the immigration officer collected my 2litre of Palm Oil and my Aboniki that I cant go with it. When I was going to board my flight during the security check one of the immigration officer ask me to settle him. I told him (Na student I be, I no get money na the only land wey my papa get he go sell, and guess u wouldn’t want to collect that kind money…. smile) another security ask me to do weekend for him (Bros walai I no get money ooo, dis school wey I dey go self na loan my papa go collect. lol) inshort I did not give dem a dime.

Immigration officer: Why are you in united state
Me: Am here for my maters degree in Geographical Information Science
Immigration officer: where?
Me: Michigan Technological University
Immigration officer: Have you been to the United State before?
Me: No No
Immigration officer: have you travel out of you country before?
Me: At all
Immigration officer: Even other African country?
Me: this my first time of going outside my country
Immigration officer: did you come with any food items?
Me: Yes, Yam Flour, Garri, Dry fish
Immigration officer: (Stamp my Passport) gave me back my document and ask me to go and pick my languages for custom check.
I took my bags and went for the custom check, a black man interview me again, asked where I was coming from, the kind of food items I have in my bag, what am in the US for, the course am going for, my State, what my Father and Mother does etc. he scan my bag and told me to open it, check my food items and collect my 3packet of Maggi, he said it Maggi chicken that I cant go in with it

By this time I was already tired and thinking how am gonna embark on another 1:30min journey to where my siblings are cos they told me dey wont be coming to pick me up cos the car is faulty . Took my bags and was still thinking were am going to make a call and also get a bus going to my destination…. Surprisingly friends and family member already outside waiting for me, so so happy……. WELCOME TO AMERICA….

See this guy! You don land finally.

Welcome. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigfrancis21:

See this guy! You don land finally.

Welcome. smiley
yes oooo. Thanks bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
zeezahbee:

Were you the one that requested for that amount or they just come up with a figure to approve? And can I open BofA immediately I get there with normal passport or any Naija Id?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
makinde851:
guy where in newjersey are you staying and which school are yu going too .. I'm going to College of Staten Island. Addup pls2743818F
I'm going to William Paterson university. Are u undergraduate or postgraduate. I'll add you when I download my BBM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
slimmy05:
Bbdd, we've started the processing too, she has a b1/b2 visa but since she would be using Kaplan University for the Usmle study, so she has to go for an F1. Dr. Lekan has been helpful. Thanks

That's good bro.
Best of luck to you guys. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nabylet:

Were you the one that requested for that amount or they just come up with a figure to approve? And can I open BofA immediately I get there with normal passport or any Naija Id?

lol...without even banking with them for some time? hmm nah. You have to have been banking with them for about 3 months at least. By the way, I feel you shouldn't be in a rush to get a credit card. Take time to settle down, understand how to manage your funds, get an on-campus job if you can, then you can go ahead...else you'll find yourself in one big mess. You don't want to mess up your credit and end up paying up debts for a long time..
Sounds 'juicy' but be careful.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
biikeys:

lol...without even banking with them for some time? hmm nah. You have to have been banking with them for about 3 months at least. By the way, I feel you shouldn't be in a rush to get a credit card. Take time to settle down, understand how to manage your funds, get an on-campus job if you can, then you can go ahead...else you'll find yourself in one big mess. You don't want to mess up your credit and end up paying up debts for a long time..

I mean if I can open BofA account immediately, not applying for the credit card immediately. And school said no job till after my first year, na to beg remain.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nabylet:

The amount will pull up itself.
you can open with just passport. i mean debit card not credit card. i think you need to wait few months to get a credit card.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cutemorgan(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
Fortissimo:

But why exactly are you trying to go the WES route? Do the schools you are applying to, require it?

Like one or two of them do require it, so i was actually trying to use one stone to kill plenty birds, se you get. I will mail the graduate advisors as adviced so i go know maybe to just bone the WES sha. Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cutemorgan(m): 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigfrancis21:

In all entirety, you don't need WES translations if your prospective schools require your transcripts directly from your undergraduate university. It is only a waste of money and time.

I never used WES evaluation during my application.

Thanks so much boss. I really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
I thank God for safe flight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by babbs45: 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
Snazzygirl:

Lmao. #True talk #message endorsed. Time for everybody to tighten their pants, get amazing grades, pray, network and hope for GC via jobs. Marriage hard o. And if GC via job doesn't work out, thank God for MAVNI. grin

Well, another means for the ladies wanting GC after college, is filing asylum via female Genital mutilation. I know a ton of east Africa girls especially Kenyans and some few Ghanaians who got their GC after graduating from school through this means.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by paulbets: 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
I think you are referring to Danja Ninja with your questions.
Anyways I will suggest u send another mail again to selfstudy.version2@gmail.com
I am not on the facebook group but we have GRE whatsapp group.... if u don't mind, u can pm me.

abee86:

Congrats dear . Very happy for you. Please I am new here and read the thread . I sent a mail to get the books but they are aren't downloading . I use an iPhone . Pls what should I do next . And pls can you add me to Facebook grp u talked abt. And pls since I am just starting my journey can you advise me on necessary steps to take. Thank you very much for your anticipated help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
biikeys:

tell them..Credit card dey sweet..you won't even know when you've eaten more than you can chew..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Good to know. Quick question, have you been banking with BOA?

Is it the checkings or savings account that you have with them?
yes for 1 year. it is a checking account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by OjaP: 12:48am On Aug 04, 2015
Mystiqme:

The bolded is your opening.

If you are not in the mood, read only the words in bold. smiley

What do you do when a babe you like tells you she doesn't have a bf?

1. You ping her regularly abi? Open a stream of communication with this guy, but don't overdo it
2. Soon she'll stylishly ask about your gf. You will know there is progress when he asks for GPA, GRE and SOP.
3. You will constantly profess your love for her, and talk about spending a future with her. Talk to this guy about his research, his publications, and what future directions he wants his research to go.
4. You will not talk to her about x in the early days, right? Do not ask about money until you guys are in good communication, or until he raises it.

Finally, while I will not advise you to tell several girls you love them, I will suggest you keep lines of communication open with other profs until you have an offer letter in your hand. Anything can happen.

Just to add a bit to what godG said.

Best.

This is so brilliant. Nice analogy too cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ayyyyo(m): 1:15am On Aug 04, 2015
warriboy21:

Ur own na 2hrs
Emirates shaaa
baba me and you na the same o my flight na 11:05pm today . And 13 hours layover in France .. Wertin man go do for 13 hours undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.