Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707550 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 2:29am On Aug 05, 2015
Nabylet:

I changed 203 yesterday and 200 today. It's really crashing cos of the ban. Heard they are targeting below 150.

Black Market or thru BTA?

I advice all inter students to open fidelity bank they give CBN rates but to only 3months old customers, Stanbic does but their rate is N208.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 2:50am On Aug 05, 2015
Denvan:
Good day house. I thought d PTA thing is without charge o since I am a customer. First bank is charging me 1% commision and 5% vat. How una see am? Make go ahead? Urgent answer pls!!!

Enquire very well, First Bank dont give cash, they give pay the PTA into a master card to use abroad, except if u have a dorm account, then u can transfer from the mastercard dollar account to your personal dorm account then withdraw over the counter. Am not 100% certain but my sis used that route to get physical cash.
I may be wrong so verify
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 05, 2015
Hay brothers....I changed some info in my DS160 from my last interview. This interview am using some info from the last one couple with my new DS160. I want to know if the vo keeps records of previous info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 3:17am On Aug 05, 2015
Hello my fellow Peeps, I just reach texas today since Monday morning in Nigeria. Gonna start my waka tomorrow. Any advice

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 05, 2015
SantaClause:
Hay brothers....I changed some info in my DS160 from my last interview. This interview am using some info from the last one couple with my new DS160. I want to know if the vo keeps records of previous info.

Here is how it works...when you pass your ds160 confirmation page to him/her, she would use the barcode on the number and call up the associated d2 160 form completed...that's why the two codes should be the same...so, she can't /wouldn't be able to seethe old info filled in the old Ds 60...

This is my personal thought though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:47am On Aug 05, 2015
Snazzygirl:

Lol. Stewee my sweetheart grin, I still don't believe entirely sef. I will carry my phone and have a chat with a Wells Fargo rep tomorrow. cheesy

grin
You funny! LOL
Do what you have to.

Stay fresh Hun!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:53am On Aug 05, 2015
Nabylet:

Single apartment is very expensive here. I just bought plenty wraps of iru for ofada stew o, I must cook it, I'm paying rent too.

North miami is a lot cheaper but you'll have transportation to deal with.

Apartments are really expensive in miami.

You can get a place around school for starters...as you make friends and network and settle down you'll find something more economical.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by toluhere(m): 5:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Nabylet:

I changed 203 yesterday and 200 today. It's really crashing cos of the ban. Heard they are targeting below 150.
Where pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 5:53am On Aug 05, 2015
jenns:
Feels good to check back on this forum that God used to grant me my visa. Special thanks to all the guru's in the house with advice and courage to go face the VO back then.
I have been anxious to check on the guys granted visa and those delayed(delay is not denial) but school work no gimmie chance. Well, i have had my own BitterSweet experience within the 2 month i got here but if there's one thing i can assure guys coming here, SERVE GOD DILIGENTLY and BE SMART. I came here with absolutely $200 usd but now, am living averagely good with the help of GOD and the redeemed christian family. It pays to serve God.
Please where is coobboy and innovativeme, need your contacts , we need to roll.
P.S My sis just got granted this morning at the Lagos Embassy, i hope she comes to share her transcript soon, i can't speak for her right now. I only got a message from her this morning. EVEN IF YOUR PASSPORT NA VIRGIN, E NO MEAN ANYTING, I AND MY SIS NEVER EVEN REACH MURITALA MUHAMMED AIRPORT BEFORE.
Jens, the boss, i hail oh. Make i run PM you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by iphyconsult: 5:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Please kindly advice,
With all the information gathered from my uni(usf),i will need to get my immunizations done here @ nija,pls kindly recommend where to do them. They include;

Measles 1, Measles 2, Rubella (MMR): Vaccination (2 doses after 1st birthday) OR Titer (lab work) Date and Result.

Hepatitis B-1: Vaccination OR Check the declination box OR Titer (lab work) Date and Result.

Meningitis: Menactra/MCV4 vaccination at AGE 16 OR OLDER (if living on campus) OR check the declination (if not living on campus).

TB Screening: Tuberculosis Screening required for all students residing at an address outside the U.S. at the time of application.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 5:59am On Aug 05, 2015
Nabylet:

Na why i never pay school fees yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 6:01am On Aug 05, 2015
mbeenox:
Hello my fellow Peeps, I just reach texas today since Monday morning in Nigeria. Gonna start my waka tomorrow. Any advice

Did you get an apartment yet? and you're at UTA right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 6:04am On Aug 05, 2015
iphyconsult:
Please kindly advice,
With all the information gathered from my uni(usf),i will need to get my immunizations done here @ nija,pls kindly recommend where to do them. They include;

Measles 1, Measles 2, Rubella (MMR): Vaccination (2 doses after 1st birthday) OR Titer (lab work) Date and Result.

Hepatitis B-1: Vaccination OR Check the declination box OR Titer (lab work) Date and Result.

Meningitis: Menactra/MCV4 vaccination at AGE 16 OR OLDER (if living on campus) OR check the declination (if not living on campus).

TB Screening: Tuberculosis Screening required for all students residing at an address outside the U.S. at the time of application.

Thanks

If you are in lagos, go to luth, idiaraba, unilag teaching hospital, that was where i go my bacteria meningitis shot from, once you enter luth front gate, you'll see a yellow building, go to the second floor, and tell them about all the shots you wanna recieve.. Then they'll bill you. Go there as early as 10am, so they can get the required vaccine for you, as early as possible, even if they dont have it there.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 6:07am On Aug 05, 2015
Finally in Obama land after waiting 13hrs in Paris. POE was JFK real smooth tho school is in New Jersey. Travel transcript coming later.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 6:36am On Aug 05, 2015
biikeys:

Did you get an apartment yet? and you're at UTA right?

I'm staying in a hotel, will go apartment hunting tomorrow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 05, 2015
Nabylet:

No o, Florida.
k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:49am On Aug 05, 2015
ddbluv:

Black Market or thru BTA?

I advice all inter students to open fidelity bank they give CBN rates but to only 3months old customers, Stanbic does but their rate is N208.

Black market. It's really falling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 05, 2015
Fortissimo, you have a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:50am On Aug 05, 2015
toluhere:

Where pls

Bureau de change in Ikota Shopping Complex, vgc. It's close to zenith bank.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 05, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
Fortissimo, you have a pm.

I'm following you now. Follow back and resend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:51am On Aug 05, 2015
coobboy:

Na why i never pay school fees yet

Me too o. Patiently waiting.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 6:58am On Aug 05, 2015
Busconductor:
Finally in Obama land after waiting 13hrs in Paris. POE was JFK real smooth tho school is in New Jersey. Travel transcript coming later.
Welcome to amelika

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 05, 2015
For the benefit of those on the thread that feel I got great GRE scores, I used Magoosh and an ebook from another NL guy. Forgotten his name.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 7:06am On Aug 05, 2015
mbeenox:

I'm staying in a hotel, will go apartment hunting tomorrow
Bros hwmuch is Ur hotel. My school hotel na 70$per night
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 7:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Stewee:

North miami is a lot cheaper but you'll have transportation to deal with.

Apartments are really expensive in miami.

You can get a place around school for starters...as you make friends and network and settle down you'll find something more economical.

I like Ur statement in d last paragraph..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 7:10am On Aug 05, 2015
stevecrun:
395dollarThat amount sef never arrange one bedroom for my neighborhood.You be my fellow waffi brother,no fall my hand.
Boss
Abeg na which area bdat.

Hw u c d 3 person shared apt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 7:13am On Aug 05, 2015
amanze15:
http://www.valpo.edu/reslife/curstudent/offcmlst.php that might help
Ma real guy afa na. Wetin do Ur bbm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 7:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Nabylet:

Kai! the God of the Nairalanders no dey sleep...Jesu! You too much! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 7:43am On Aug 05, 2015
I replied your PM
toluhere:

Where pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2015
warriboy21:

Bros hwmuch is Ur hotel. My school hotel na 70$per night
yeah mine is almost the same, I booked on bookings.com it was $209 for 4 nights n when I got their with tax added it was $254 total that's $63.5 per night
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 8:18am On Aug 05, 2015
Mehn my flight was 38hrs plus, haven't slept well in 2days, anyone with a similar experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.