Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47520 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2015
xyz

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by eitsei(m): 10:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
becuming more interesting
Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 11:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
Said it earlier,story in stories! Please keep the update coming.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 1:17am On Jun 06, 2015
*Sigh*
Pearl never prayed for this day to comesad.
Re: The Cul De Sac by virtuedagirl(f): 6:23am On Jun 06, 2015
its becoming really more interesting,weldone & keep it coming ma.
Re: The Cul De Sac by princesssusan(f): 8:39am On Jun 06, 2015
Oh God! Why pearl?
I hope he won‘t be killed.
Re: The Cul De Sac by alabig(m): 10:22am On Jun 06, 2015
When the rain start it pours, jesuorobo is about pouring the rain in his mouth. Clever by clever he get the money for his house rent.
Re: The Cul De Sac by may01(f): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
Weldone, Touchmeder. I'm enjoying every piece of this. BTW I'm the first liker of all your posts wink

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by hopilo4life(m): 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
Touchmeder, thanks 4 the way you update.just like our brothers Psquare will say it: I Like It.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:06am On Jun 08, 2015
may01:
Weldone, Touchmeder. I'm enjoying every piece of this. BTW I'm the first liker of all your posts wink

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats so cute. I tell you little things like that gingers a writer. LOLZ

@Hopilo4life thanks too. Happy new week everyone. Let me drop this and run away. Busy day ahead.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:08am On Jun 08, 2015
‘’I’ll just step out instead’’ Pearl said. She opened her door and faced her new found tormentor. She looked very pretty with her flowered dress and blue blazer. However Jesuorobo was not interested in the woman or her looks. It was money that was calling out to him and he could see the money oozing off her body!

He smiled at her some more and made another weak attempt at being nice ‘’thanks for stopping to have a chat with me doctor’’

‘’No problem, please go ahead’’ Pearl replied in an irritated voice.

‘’I know it may not seem like much but that evening, I noticed something as I sat on my front porch. I am talking about the evening of August 11th on the day we lost poor child. Now it may not mean anything but the police have asked for any information no matter how small. They also lay emphasis on cars that were out and about from 6pm that evening. Anyway on that day, I noticed your car drive in at about 7.30pm or thereabout. Before then, I noticed when you opened your gate and drove out’’

‘’Really?’’ Pearl replied with a laugh.

‘’I am pretty certain of what I saw doctor. You drove right in because the gate was open. Afterwards you walked towards the gate and shut it before hurrying into your house. Earlier when you drove off, I was by my porch but when you returned and you were closing your gate, I was just happened to be by my gate’’

‘’Sorry what is your name again?’’ Pearl asked. ‘’I mean I don’t mean to be funny but I don’t really know your name’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:08am On Jun 08, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2015
''Oh don’t be doctor. What is my insomnia compared to the hell the Buwa's are going through? I am certain it was you Dr Ebosele. I need to do right by the Buwas and rid myself off this guilt. If nothing comes out of it, its fine at least I spoke up. If you were in Mrs Buwa’s shoes surely you would want me to do this’’

‘’Since you have slept on it and you are certain of what you saw, why are you discussing it with me? Why didn’t you call the police the moment you woke up this morning’’

‘’Listen doc let’s cut to the chase here. I don’t know what you want to hear from me. You are a smart Ishan woman and I believe you know what is going on. I need to get cracking. I need to be in court in an hour’s time and I can’t afford to be late. I’m appearing before a no-nonsense judge if you know what I mean. Justice Uwaila is like a firecracker in an airtight room!’’ then Jesuorobo began to laugh again but as usual Pearl stared at him with a straight face.

Some moments later, he cleared his throat and continued ‘’I bet you’ll have patients waiting for you at the hospital. I want you to think about we’ve just discussed. Take the entire day and ponder on how much my silence is worth. I’m talking in the hundreds here; clearly well over a hundred thousand’’

‘’Jesus Christ! How much do I earn?’’ Pearl cried out.

‘’I think you’re asking the wrong question here. Why don’t you ask yourself how much you stand to lose once I spill? Why don’t you ask yourself how much your secret is worth? Why don’t you ask yourself what would happen to that cute kid once you are locked up for manslaughter? Have a good day now. We’ll talk again in a day’s time’’ then Jesuorobo sauntered off without another word.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:12am On Jun 08, 2015
TWENTY NINE

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:44am On Jun 08, 2015
‘’I saw him as I was coming out of Nogies house’’

‘’Who?''

''HIM! The young lawyer''

''What da hell! Do you mean the Jesuorobo character?’’

‘’Yes’’ Pearl whispered.

Then Imonitie stood on his feet and yelled ‘’did he utter a word to you?’’

‘’No, no. He just smiled at me like a lunatic’’

‘’Jesus Christ! I’m going to knock that bastard to the ground – I swear to you’’ Imonitie proceeded to open the front door and Pearl pulled his shirt backwards and began to cry again ‘’Imo dear, it is not the time for gragra. I don’t need this; don’t worsen the situation for me’’

Imonitie stopped and allowed her words sink into his head. Thereafter he proceeded to a nearby seat and scratched his head with both hand ‘’we don’t need this. Oh God, save my family’’ he uttered in a low voice.

‘’He said it has to be in the hundreds – well over a ₦100,000. I have a little over that at the minute. I wish they have paid our entitlements; I would have had a little more. I think I have about ₦162,000 in the account. Perhaps if we beg him to accept like that kain …’’

‘’Sweetheart, just stop talking. We are drowning under the weight of our finances. I’m not bringing as much as I used to and you are practically carrying the bulk at the moment. We don’t need this right now. You can’t afford to empty your account because someone is blackmailing you’’

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:46am On Jun 08, 2015
xyz

5 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by daramfon: 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
nice piece. .the story is very interesting. .looking forward to more updates. more ink to your pen.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Totino: 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
Nice write up! I dont ave any choice other than remain glue for update(s)

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
Touchmeder, we want more. sad
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 08, 2015
make them just kill that jesurobo jo
Re: The Cul De Sac by stonecoldcafe: 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
mistytohcute:
make them just kill that jesurobo jo

No ohhhhhhhh! I like the guy. He may be a yeye boy but doctor Pearl did something bad. Let's not forget too.
Re: The Cul De Sac by OsoDupe(f): 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
Jesuorobo, you've got it coming to you. BTW what's d meaning of Jesuorobo?
Re: The Cul De Sac by Totino: 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
[/b][color=#990000][/color] grin
OsoDupe:
'fat Jesus' lol! grin
OsoDupe:
'fat Jesus' lol! shockedshockedgringrin[b]
grinshocked:p
Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
OsoDupe:
God is my image or God is the one I worship.

The Op doesn't have the correct spelling sha.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by OsoDupe(f): 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
Totino:
[/b][color=#990000][/color] grin
'fat Jesus' lol! grin
'fat Jesus' lol! shockedshockedgringrin[b]
grinshocked:p
grin may God forgive you

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2015
Pukka36:
God is my image or God is the one I worship.

The Op doesn't have the correct spelling sha.

Please what is the correct spelling? I am here to learn oh. I may not get the spelling right all the time but I saw it online as JESUOROBO and I believe that's what I type most times. Morning all.

The meaning. Well one website said it means Jesus is my doctor. Another says Jesus is my healer. I dont really know and if its incorrect, its the website not me. Its a nice name though.

http://www.babynamescube.com/jesuorobo-name-meaning
http://www.onlinenigeria.com/nigeriannames/ad.asp?blurb=4722
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2015
THIRTY

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:54am On Jun 09, 2015
xyz

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:54am On Jun 09, 2015
‘’You’re a very smart man but I don’t know where you lost it’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2015
xyz

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:56am On Jun 09, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:58am On Jun 09, 2015
THIRTY ONE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

"Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires / The Child Bride

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.