Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47524 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:59am On Jun 09, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2015
xyz

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 10:02am On Jun 09, 2015
Will Imonitie make good on his promise? Is he justified at this stage? Has his wife pushed him to the edge? Will Dr Pearl be left on her own? Will Jesuorobo ask for more money? What is Bukky's own because her curiosity has just peaked? LOLZ
Re: The Cul De Sac by Princecalm(m): 10:23am On Jun 09, 2015
how are my not sure Nogie did not listen to all those convesation that happened in Imonite house. That certainly will be the bomb.

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by Totino: 11:03am On Jun 09, 2015
OsoDupe:
grin may God forgive you
[B]AMEN OOOO![B] just joking!

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Totino: 11:04am On Jun 09, 2015
OsoDupe:
grin may God forgive you
[B]AMEN OOOO![B/] just joking!
Re: The Cul De Sac by hopilo4life(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2015
@Touchmeder,thanks for the regular and many updates,you are always making my day.I pray more honey inside ur tea.Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by BlizzydoDo(f): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yu r d best nd yur story z great.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
touchmeder:

Please what is the correct spelling? I am here to learn oh. I may not get the spelling right all the time but I saw it online as JESUOROBO and I believe that's what I type most times. Morning all.

The meaning. Well one website said it means Jesus is my doctor. Another says Jesus is my healer. I dont really know and if its incorrect, its the website not me. Its a nice name though.

http://www.babynamescube.com/jesuorobo-name-meaning
http://www.onlinenigeria.com/nigeriannames/ad.asp?blurb=4722
Ok.

This is how my cousin spell His-Jesuobocheesy

Nice story U've got.
Re: The Cul De Sac by princesssusan(f): 11:23am On Jun 10, 2015
Pearl av bleeped up greatly, but i dnt tink imo wil let her handle d black mailer all alone.
Hmmm Bukky has gotten a chance to destroy her enemy.
Nice 1 kip growing higher!

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
‘’Don’t do that to me’’ Pearl whispered. ‘’I need you’’

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
‘’Pearl, I’m trying real hard but sometimes I don’t know about you. I don’t know if you still believe in me’’

‘’I do Imo I do!’’

‘’If you did then perhaps we won’t be in this mess today. Earlier this year, I sat you down and poured out my heart to you. On this bed, in this same room abi have you forgotten so soon? I told you I was struggling with that printing business. I am not breaking even and my take home pay is not worth the stress and sweat. I’ve been at that business for quite a while and I know it’s time to close shop. I am not business inclined by nature but I was willing to give it my best. I had to do something after all. I told you we needed to leave this city; Lagos to be precise’’

‘’Oh Godddddd here we go again!’’

‘’No wait let me finish. I have a very good feeling my condition will change in that place. You refused to move from something to nothing. Okay at least you had a valid point. Then I told you to stay in Benin and continue with your job while I go there myself yet you refused. Okay, help me with part of the money for rent, you refused. Instead you are pumping money into the printing business that I am struggling with. Money we would have used to relocate is what you pumped into a white elephant project. Anytime I wanted to make that move with the help of my family or friends, you begin to cry and threaten that you will not remain married. You call your parents and our pastors and they start preaching on my head…’’

‘’But it is for our own good! Our parents and pastors are there to guide us. A couple must remain together!’’

‘’They are advising and saying their own but I am the one inside the marriage. They are pastor in their church and I am the pastor in my home! I also prayed and I received confirmation that Lagos was the right step. You say you cannot do marriage from afar but it would have been for a short time. A year at most – I swore it would not be longer than that. By the grace of God it would have been over in months. That is how much I believe in that project. Who knows how our life would have been now?’’

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
‘’Who knows the struggle you would have been facing in Lagos? Who knows if another woman will not be sleeping with my husband while I’m struggling with Ose and living like a single mother here’’

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
Immediately Imonitie stared at her in shock ‘’are you joking?’’ he asked. Then Pearl stood up and gave him a piece of paper and continued to talk ‘’I was waiting for this thing to blow over a bit before informing you. It was confirmed yesterday’’

Then Imonitie began to cry; he was stressed to death. This was the miracle they had been praying for but so many things were going wrong at the same time. Immediately Pearl moved closer to him and began to pat his back ‘’its okay. Is this happy or sad tears?’’ she asked.

‘’It is bitter sweet tears but mostly sweet’’ he replied. Then Pearl held both sides of his face with her palm and began to kiss his tears away. Imonitie was filled with so much guilt, he held his wife closer and whispered in her ear ‘’I’m sorry if I was hard on you. I can’t go anywhere and leave you in this state; that was anger speaking’’

Then Pearl went on her knees and began to apologize ‘’no don’t apologize. I deserve it, you said the truth. I should have listened to you earlier in the year. I should have let you go to Lagos. I’m so sorry I stopped you. It would have been hard for me but nothing good comes easy. I was so scared because we’ve never been apart as a couple not even while we were dating. I should have trusted you like I’ve always done. I should have allowed you buy Osemudiamen’s medicine on that day. I’m so sorry if I ever made you feel less of a man. Oh my husband, please forgive me’’

All the while she spoke Imonitie was staring at her but once she was done, he pulled her to her feet and said ‘’we’ll get through this. We always get through things; dry your tears my wife. I’ve forgiven you’’

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
''Nah I'm over her. Babe is even dating someone else, she can't get past the hurt and she does not like what I do. I know she always complained about the odd hours and all but I didn’t know she really hated my job''

''Now that’s new''

''Chichi, the chick tried to get me to leave the job! She said she was joking though but I know that lady. I could see the look in her eyes. I would never be able to satisfy her again. Fortunately or unfortunately she has seen someone better and I can never measure up''

Then Chichi stretched out a hand and whispered ''its okay. You'll find someone else just don’t take that person for granted when it happens''

''No one is perfect. I made mistakes and God knows I tried to repair it''

''I quite agree but I'm afraid it was too late. Listen just get on with your life. I'm sure you've learnt from this experience. In any case, your girlfriend should be a friend and your biggest cheerleader. If Obehi never liked what you did for a living then how would she have supported you? The force is your life and you live for your job. Nevertheless you need to strike a balance and if a woman can't appreciate that then perhaps she was never for you''

''You're right but the Obehi I dated then would have done anything for me. She may not have liked the job but she would have stayed if I were more open with my feelings for her. You're just being nice to me Chichi but I know I goofed. Dunno if I'll get another lady like that. Smart, intelligent, witty, hardworking and…''

''You'll get over it''

''I shouldn’t be saying this but do you know I discussed cases with her. I mean those cases when I was stuck and didn’t know what to do. Sometimes she'll just say something; like an off the cuff remark and that was it. That would be what I needed to nail the bloody case shut. I swear I was such a fvcking f.ool! She was perfect''

''You'll get over it'' Chichi repeated.

Unique looked into the distance and squinted. Then he turned around and faced Chichi with another question ''can you be honest with me?''

''Sure''

''Do you think I'm a bit hard?''

''Erm now what sort of question is that?''

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Then Chichi stood up and walked away. She had to. She didn’t know what else to say and she didn’t want to hear more of his lamentations.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
princesssusan:
Pearl av bleeped up greatly, but i dnt tink imo wil let her handle d black mailer all alone.
Hmmm Bukky has gotten a chance to destroy her enemy.
Nice 1 kip growing higher!

Someone is in the spirit.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
THIRTY TWO

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by CecyAdrian(f): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
A she devil about to take the stage.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Mario1983(m): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
wow lovely piece, had tears all over my face when reading abt jesuorobo sister and her dad. more grease to ur elbow
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nmeri17: 2:13am On Jun 11, 2015
Totino:
Nice write up! I dont ave any choice other than remain glue for update(s)
super glue or aburo gum

BTW if this story should ever get a film adaptation, I think the perfect fit for jesuorobo character is sifon okoi

Biko nu wetinq be omo ale jati jati
Re: The Cul De Sac by Totino: 5:22am On Jun 11, 2015
Nmeri17:
super glue or aburo gum

BTW if this story should ever get a film adaptation, I think the perfect fit for jesuorobo character is sifon okoi

'omo ale' is a Yoruba word dat means 'bastard' in English language. 'jati jati' is like a qualifier in Yoruba language. It's used to show displeasure, etc. (I hope my definition helped to an extent).
Nmeri17:
super glue or aburo gum

'omo ale' is a Yoruba word dat means 'bastard' in English language. 'jati jati' is like a qualifier in Yoruba language. It's used to show displeasure, etc. (I hope my definition helped to an extent).
Nmeri17:
super glue or aburo gum

[b]'omo ale' is a Yoruba word dat means 'bastard' in English language. 'jati jati' is like a qualifier in Yoruba language. It's used to show displeasure, etc. (I hope my definition helped to an extent). shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked[b/]
Re: The Cul De Sac by stonecoldcafe: 9:19am On Jun 11, 2015
@Totino why do you have to reply multiple times? Is your phone bad? LOL
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nmeri17: 9:43am On Jun 11, 2015
Totino:

'omo ale' is a Yoruba word dat means 'bastard' in English language. 'jati jati' is like a qualifier in Yoruba language. It's used to show displeasure, etc. (I hope my definition helped to an extent). shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
lol orai thanks
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
‘’What for?’’ Bukky asked in a high pitched tone.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
For a moment, Pearl was stunned and her face did not betray her emotion. Bukky noticed the look on the young woman's face and she quickly added ‘’oh calm down. I’m sorry if that sounded somewhat harsh. Sometimes people say I’m a bit forward but the good thing is I tell it as it is. I don’t think we’ve spoken before’’

‘’No, we’ve not. I just see you around but this should be the first time we are talking for any length of time. Anyway I wanted to see him because I’d like to seek his opinion on a small legal matter’’

‘’Oh really then why are you not speaking with Professor Buwa?’’

This time Pearl laughed before replying ‘’I’m sorry. I don’t know how to say this without sounding rude but I believe I have the right to speak with any lawyer of my choice’’

‘’Oh sure you do’’ Bukky replied.

‘’Erm… I don’t know but do you have a problem with a neighbour trying to seek legal advice from Jesuorobo?’’

‘’No not at all. He is a lawyer after all. My concern is why you’d choose a young lawyer over a whole professor of law? I mean the kid is less than 2 years at the bar’’

‘’But Jesuorobo is practicing insist he?’’

‘’Well he says he is but I don’t know about that. Does he strike you as someone who is indeed practicing law?''

''Well I don’t know for sure. That’s not for me to answer''

''Now that is where you are wrong. I think you should be more concerned seeing that you need his help with a legal issue. You wouldn’t want to put your trust in a charlatan would you?''

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
x

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
''My sister I have been there. I tell you we were at this man’s mercy. He was clearly wrong but he went around telling people we stole his name and his loyal customers! It was absurd. It became like the wealthy polygamous man that was accused of stealing the only wife of his poor neighbour. Of course some people knew the truth but others bought this crook’s story. It went on for months until I got fed up and said ENOUGH! That evening, I paid the good prof a visit and the rest is history''

''Okay''

''It took only a letter from Professor Buwa and this dude melted like a block of ice under the desert. He not only left that name but he took his business to another part of town. That is how effective prof was and do you know the interesting part?’’

‘’No’’

‘’Not a penny was taken from I or my husband. But you don’t want to know how much we spent on the same issue with other fake lawyers? Those fake lawyers were running up and down, filing papers in court and generally chopping our money. What am I saying? There are lawyers and there are lawyers! Jesuorobo is a troubled man who dabbles in hard drugs. I know what I am saying because he lives under my roof. You seem like a decent woman and you will do well to stay away from him’’

Then Pearl shook her head in pity and asked ‘’but madam why are you doing this to that young man? You have spent the last few minutes trying to dissuade me from asking that boy a simple question of law. I don’t have to bother prof for something so small. Jesuorobo is not exactly my friend but surely you can’t be doing the right thing to your son’’

‘’He is not my son’’ Bukky whispered.

‘’But you claim his father is your husband. Why are you contradicting yourself? Surely you must see him as your step-son’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
‘’Rabiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
Mr Rabiu rushed out of his house like he was chased by a thousand demons. He prostrated even though he was far off then he shouted in reply ‘’mummy oooooooooooo!’’

‘’Throw that woman out!’’ Bukky screamed.

Rabiu looked at his madam in shock; the woman she was referring to was walking out on her own. Once Rabiu found his voice he held out both hands and said ‘’but madam she is going away’’

Then Bukky pointed a finger at him and yelled ‘’I say lead her by the arm and bundle her out of my compound’’

But Rabiu stood like a statute and watched until Pearl walked past him. As he opened the gate for her, she smiled at him and whispered ‘’thank you sir’’

And in that moment, Rabiu knew he had made the right decision by not touching her.

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
THIRTY THREE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

"Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires / The Child Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.