Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,124 members, 7,957,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:18 AM

How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed (19121 Views)

I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) / How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by AnneMomoh: 7:57am On May 15, 2015
Job hazards abound in every Occupation,

Its Well
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by MrKIZITO(m): 7:58am On May 15, 2015
Ok
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by oseiwe(m): 7:58am On May 15, 2015
my own job make me renovate house. i left pot on fire and nw i knw d cost of roofing materials.

1 Like

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by wasmilebags: 8:00am On May 15, 2015
Thank God for ur life I ve also experence those people also on that same road the diff is just dat our own driver d not wait even as the smach all d glass on d bus. Sowi that road is just too dangerious
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by morenikeji1980(f): 8:02am On May 15, 2015
Drabeey:
My Yoruba ppl always say a parable.They said 'ENI IJA KO DEBA, LO N PE ARA RE LOKUNRIN' lol abi?
I gave all glory nd adoration to almighty Allah. May only his name be glorified. Let me start with this titbit. I'm a sales executive at my work and the nature of my Job is travelling from places to the other,to supply nd d rest. This particular journey took me down to Niger state 4rm Lag.Getting down to Bode sa'aadu, i saw an huge accident. A burning tanker that burnt more than 4 other heavy duty vehicles nd other small vehicles and injured scores(i took time to take some pics,see 'em below.sorry i took a 2mp camera phn.u should know why)
Now to the real 'Gbege' . We were thru with the transaction and coming back from Sunti down to Mokwa.Just a lil bit close to mokwa,we met thes guy, they were flashing torch light and waiving us to wait( i still feel some tension in my body as i write ds). Immediately we saw their sharp cutlasses, the driver turned his vehicle and headed back to Jaa'gi. Guys, this men took their bike and followed us in fierce pursue. Immediately i started scrapping my bag and took the lil money on me,by this time the driver was abt stopping. I jumped through the window and charged towards the bush. As i was running i heard leaves rustling and i thought to myself this guy might trace me with that sound,so i ran a lil bit and saw a tree. I looked at my back and only saw those guys searching our trailer thorougly. It then popped into my hrt to climb that tree,i lost my breathe already bt managed to climb the tree. Hmmm,i waited 4 some while on that tree b4 i realised i had some insect bitting me. On thesame point,this guys started seaching the bush 4 us.Guys it came to a stage they flashed their light into my eyes,i thought they made me. I got a cold rush throughout my body,but it lasted for some seconds,they saw nothing. But if not for God,i would be in the hospital nw,if nt worse. I give all glory to the creator for spearing my life. I was on that tree till morning when the vigilantes came to our rescue. Help me thank God. Moreso,i don't think im gonna travel there again oo. Abi bawo?
Alhamdulillahi Robbil-alamin coz eniti Olohun o pa, eda kan-kan ko lee paa
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by newmuzik: 8:08am On May 15, 2015
are you bored? do you like love stories and sex stories that could blow your mind? click here http://www.browngarri.com/category/true-story/
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by hope2sweet: 8:09am On May 15, 2015
Dear Applicant's

Thanks for accepting our offer.
we need to get accurate information to ensure that we can continue to borrow money, this also shows the duration of what you want to borrow and You have to try as much as possible in filling out the loan application forms for proper documentation and packaging .

LOAN APPLICATION FORM:

Full Name:
Address:
Phone Number:
Loan amount:
Loan Duration:
Monthly Income:
Contact Email: harryloancompanyplc@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Ibsgal(f): 8:11am On May 15, 2015
Someone is praying on your behalf.
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nickymezor(f): 8:12am On May 15, 2015
[quote author=FriedPlantain post=33746076]It must have been those local thieves controlling controlling that Mokwa area. If one is unlucky enough,you might encounter them along that Minna - Lapai Road as well.

If not for the help of a powerful charm given to me by my dad that made me turn to a rabbit and escape those guys, I prolly would have been dead by now.

Friedplantain
[/quote) hey, ur very funni..
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by stonecoldcafe: 8:14am On May 15, 2015
Oh Lord, bros its well. Thank God for your life. Jesus Christ shocked shocked shocked shocked hunger in the land.
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Kegite(m): 8:14am On May 15, 2015
folabayo1:
Eyaaa!
What doesn't kill man makes man stronger..

Grammatical Blunder.
Go back to school
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by folabayo1(f): 8:15am On May 15, 2015
Kegite:

Grammatical Blunder.
Go back to school
stalker

1 Like

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by ispeaklight(m): 8:16am On May 15, 2015
just passing.... All this stories for nairaland ehhh
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Kegite(m): 8:17am On May 15, 2015
folabayo1:
stalker

Stalking who ??
You ??

Please, Is this a joke ?/

1 Like

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by stonecoldcafe: 8:18am On May 15, 2015
folabayo1:
stalker

Why not just say thanks and learn. I bet you'd say i'm stalking you too huh?

1 Like

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nickymezor(f): 8:20am On May 15, 2015
Wow, thank God fr ur life smiley.ur story really made me petrified. ..may d soul those dead ppl rest in peace.
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by folabayo1(f): 8:20am On May 15, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Why not just say thanks and learn. I bet you'd say i'm stalking you too huh?
undecided
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by folabayo1(f): 8:21am On May 15, 2015
Kegite:

Stalking who ??
You ??

Please, Is this a joke ?/
can u do without quoting me on NL?
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by AWONEYAN(m): 8:22am On May 15, 2015
This can only be GOD.................
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 8:27am On May 15, 2015
FriedPlantain:
It must have been those local thieves controlling that Mokwa area. If one is unlucky enough,you might encounter them along that Minna - Lapai Road as well.

If not for the help of a powerful charm given to me by my dad that made me turn to a rabbit and escape those guys, I prolly would have been dead by now.

Friedplantain

Lmao! Guy you no well o! grin grin why turn to rabbit? You for just turn to fried plantain make the robbers chop you nah cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by stonecoldcafe: 8:29am On May 15, 2015
folabayo1:
undecided

Good morning sister. Sorry if that was harsh. Dunno if dude's been stalking you elsewhere but when someone corrects you its just nice to say thanks and move on. Have a great day.
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 8:31am On May 15, 2015
ok...
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by ceejay80s(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2015
I so much love horror and thriller movies, Why do u people like traveling at night?
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 8:33am On May 15, 2015
Wat a great testimony..i tank God 4 u
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 8:36am On May 15, 2015
FriedPlantain:
It must have been those local thieves controlling that Mokwa area. If one is unlucky enough,you might encounter them along that Minna - Lapai Road as well.

Hi Mr Jack Rabbit.What was it like being a rabbit?I hope you eat some "cabbage" when you ran into the bush!!!

Friedplantain
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Lagusta(m): 8:38am On May 15, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Friedplantain

You smoking dry horse urine undecided
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 8:41am On May 15, 2015
folabayo1:
Eyaaa!
What doesn't kill man makes man stronger..
so if armed robbers don't killl you they will give you a charm to make you stronger
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by deltateam: 8:47am On May 15, 2015
majalisa:
dont worry the day that charm will fail you..you will forever become a rabbit

or even remain a fried plantain!
majalisa:
dont worry the day that charm will fail you..you will forever become a rabbit

or even remain a fried plantain! angry
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by dljbd1(m): 9:01am On May 15, 2015
Funny how things happen. I lived in Minna virtually all my life and travel a lot but I've never encountered this. I even travel using a friend's bike. Lolz.... The same friend died by that bike.... RIP friend.

Why am I even saying this sef

OP... Try to mitigate your Road trips. Take flight for long trips like that. Flight aren't safe either but hey... I bet is safer and faster. Thank God for your life.
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Kegite(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2015
folabayo1:
can u do without quoting me on NL?

No
Reason ?? Because i love you
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Btruth: 9:09am On May 15, 2015
That Bode Sadu area gan self! Haba! Is our government going to do anything about that road @ all?

@ OP. Thank Almighty God for your life. God will continue to protect your journey. Never give up on your job or travelling for your marketing stuff. Continue trusting in the Lord for your safety and use Psalm 91 always. It is well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Friend Is About To Tender His Resignation Tonight Please Advise / Dismissed Staff Were Adequately Compensated – Heritage Bank / How Much Does A Surveyor Earn Per Month In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.