Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,488 members, 7,954,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed (3696 Views)

My Husband joystick Is Too Small To Satisfy Me / I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? / My Husband Maltreats And Subjects Me To Vaginal Test: Wife Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Holatunde007(m): 11:09am On May 15, 2015
I received dis mail an hour ago frm an online frnd, she wanted dis to be posted on nairaland for serious and urgent advice.
The story goes thus:
I got married to this gentle, handsome man 4yrs ago, we hav a 2yrs old kid, he's currently working in one of this new generation bank as a branch manager.
At around 10.30pm last week friday, I told my hubby I will be going for a night vigil programme, which he declined going with me, I reasoned with myself abt d stress he must have passed thru during his travelings over the week, so I dressed up picked d car key then left for the programme, on getting to church, I discovered we were told to bring along pictures of our loved ones to pray on, I quickly turned my car and head back to the house which abt 35min drive, on getting inside, I smell smoke in the sitting room, at first I taught hubby was frying in d kitchen, but wen I moved closer I notice the smell comes directly from d rest room, I peeped tru d door holes cos it was locked frm behind, lo nd behold there I saw my husband smoking hemp heavily not even cigarette, i was so shocked, I stepped back without him noticing me, my eyes were full of tears and confusion, I picked what I needed and went out of the house. While driving back, I reasoned on my mind what on earth could have happened to him, I've never for once saw him in such a delicate situation before, I most say he's such a perfect, gentle looking man, who is loved and respected by families and friends, he's hard-working, and makes mainly the right decision most times.
I pulled over at the church compound went in and joined d prayer which has started 50min b4 I arrived.
Now what really confused me the more was is action wen I got back home, I met him in the kitchen preparing breakfast for me, he look so holy, normal, and well composed, his body spray smells all over the house, he seems never to have notice my presence at home last night. He move closer to me, gave me a kiss and told me not to worry preparing breakfast that morning, but still he notice the confusion on my face, then asked me if there is any problem doing the cooking for me, at first I wanted to attack him, confront him or scream at him for last night action, but his nice gesture towards me safes him out, then all I could ask him was that "Honey do u have any challenges or issues I don't know about or you feel you can't share with me?" He was shocked and looked at my face and said, dearie how on earth would I hide my challenges away from you, he later proceeded to hugging me tight, whispering into my ears "sweetheart there is nothing am going tru that I will ever hide from you" so I decided to hide my strange feelings and played along with him, gave him a kiss and went inside to the bedroom leaving my head unsettled.
Pls females and married couple in the house, what do you think I should do to him? How can I address this disturbing issue with my hubby, I love him so much but I can't deny the fact that I resent those that smoke a lot especially what I saw with him, india hemp for God sake.
Pls urgently need your candid advice, confused right now.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by alberto2k(m): 11:12am On May 15, 2015
your husband was just Smoking out some stress cool

8 Likes

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by publicenemy(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2015
Woman rather than send and email to anyone demanding advise you should go straight to him and deal with the issue.he is ur husband...There are lots of things that go through a mans head that a woman cannot understand.

If you have never seen him smoke its cos he loves and respects you he had to keep it from you,but that doesn't mean he can't relieve himself of lifes stress sometimes.if he comes to you with all his stress you will get fed up and just hope he deals with it.So I suggest you take it up with him immediately before you start having negative thoughts.

There is nothing a man loves more than a confrontational woman as long as she isn't too aggressive.

You are the one keeeping ythings from him now.

5 Likes

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by donbenedict(m): 11:20am On May 15, 2015
For berra for worse sister.. Don't forget dhat!
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by MrCork: 11:22am On May 15, 2015
Holatunde007:
I received dis mail an hour ago frm an online frnd, she wanted dis to be posted on nairaland for serious and urgent advice.
The story goes thus:
I got married to this gentle, handsome man 4yrs ago, we hav a 2yrs old kid, he's currently working in one of this new generation bank as a branch manager.
At around 10.30pm last week friday, I told my hubby I will be going for a night vigil programme, which he declined going with me, I reasoned with myself abt d stress he must have passed thru during his travelings over the week, so I dressed up picked d car key then left for the programme, on getting to church, I discovered we were told to bring along pictures of our loved ones to pray on, I quickly turned my car and head back to the house which abt 35min drive, on getting inside, I smell smoke in the sitting room, at first I taught hubby was frying in d kitchen, but wen I moved closer I notice the smell comes directly from d rest room, I peeped tru d door holes cos it was locked frm behind, lo nd behold there I saw my husband smoking hemp heavily not even cigarette, i was so shocked, I stepped back without him noticing me, my eyes were full of tears and confusion, I picked what I needed and went out of the house. While driving back, I reasoned on my mind what on earth could have happened to him, I've never for once saw him in such a delicate situation before, I most say he's such a perfect, gentle looking man, who is loved and respected by families and friends, he's hard-working, and makes mainly the right decision most times.
I pulled over at the church compound went in and joined d prayer which has started 50min b4 I arrived.
Now what really confused me the more was is action wen I got back home, I met him in the kitchen preparing breakfast for me, he look so holy, normal, and well composed, his body spray smells all over the house, he seems never to have notice my presence at home last night. He move closer to me, gave me a kiss and told me not to worry preparing breakfast that morning, but still he notice the confusion on my face, then asked me if there is any problem doing the cooking for me, at first I wanted to attack him, confront him or scream at him for last night action, but his nice gesture towards me safes him out, then all I could ask him was that "Honey do u have any challenges or issues I don't know about or you feel you can't share with me?" He was shocked and looked at my face and said, dearie how on earth would I hide my challenges away from you, he later proceeded to hugging me tight, whispering into my ears "sweetheart there is nothing am going tru that I will ever hide from you" so I decided to hide my strange feelings and played along with him, gave him a kiss and went inside to the bedroom leaving my head unsettled.
Pls females and married couple in the house, what do you think I should do to him? How can I address this disturbing issue with my hubby, I love him so much but I can't deny the fact that I resent those that smoke a lot especially what I saw with him, india hemp for God sake.
Thanks

...bro .u saw yor hussband wit India hemp & u want nairaland to surpiot u?...br r u ok? (no ofeense) angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:23am On May 15, 2015
He might not be smoking though, maybe you were having hallucinations.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:24am On May 15, 2015
First of all, I would say your friend is married to a loving husband who cares about her so much and wouldn't want to hurt her in anyway. She should value that.

For me I believe this is a two way thing.
It's either the husband is going through tough situations that he needs to cool off the stress and frustration by smoking weed,
Or
He is an addict and has been hiding it all this while.

My advice is that the wife should bring up the topic at a time when the both of them are alone together and there isn't any tension, perhaps after sex, or when they are watching tv together, just when the husband is calmed down and in a happy mood.
She should tell him exactly what happened and what she saw him do.
She should present the issue in a mature way and she shouldn't sound angry or annoyed with him.
From the brief description of the husband she gave I belief the husband will open up to her if she asks him.

The man is basically ashamed of this habit that's why he didn't say anything when she asked him that question.
If he tells her the truth,the wife should also let him know that she would always there to help him through whatever he is going through and if it's an addiction, she would help him put an end to it.

Op, I know you friend is a born again christian and she would be put off by this singular act, but she should understand that their are always set backs in our lives as humans and as christians also.
The husband is going through a phase that he is not proud of and from everything, beyond his control and he needs someone to guide him through it. The wife should talk to and with her husband about whatever the matter is and be there for him.
In her own time she should also table the matter to God, through prayers.

All is well.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by ruffp: 11:40am On May 15, 2015
.....and whats the big deal? smoking hemp is legal in some countries...hemp is used medicinally. Anyways, don't let that bother you, he is even decent enough to smoke 'respectfully'...far better than those that smoke cigarettes anywhere and anytime.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:41am On May 15, 2015
would really like to know how long they courted before getting married. This will determine the following.

1 how much she knows about him before marriage.

2. How well he could keep a secret.

and finally if he has been smoking before or after marriage. Cos trust me it's not easy to keep smoking a secret.

but since this question can not be answered , I will advice your friend to talk it through.

she should tell him what she saw, ask him the reason for his actions , what led him to it and how long he has been smoking.

this should be done in a calm and loving way. A relaxed environment and when love is in the air ( I hope you get that wink )

in case of addiction, necessary medical attention should be involved.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by jummygo(f): 11:42am On May 15, 2015
Not d end of the world. Pray for him. If u can't ignore it, speak with him calmly. He is a functional user. Has a good job, treats you well. Just keep praying and let the man be.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by bammy777(m): 11:48am On May 15, 2015
Lol. Weed is good. Don be scared
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:49am On May 15, 2015
Talk to him as calmly as possible. Don't shout or scream or get angry. Just express yourself to show that u re concerned for him and surprise at what u saw. I believe he will explain. Some habits are easier to stop when brought to the fore.

1 Like

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by IamOdin: 11:54am On May 15, 2015
missclasssy:
First of all, I would say your friend is married to a loving husband who cares about her so much and wouldn't want to hurt her in anyway. She should value that.

It's either the husband is going through tough situations that he needs to cool off the stress and frustration by smoking weed,
Or

My advice is that the wife should bring up the topic at a time when the both of them are alone together and there isn't any tension, perhaps after sex, or when they are watching tv together, just when the husband is calmed down and in a happy state.
She should present the issue in a mature way and she shouldn't sound angry or annoyed with him.
From the brief description of the husband she gave I belief the husband will open up to her if she asks him.

The man is basically ashamed of this habit that's why he didn't say anything when she asked him that question.
If he tells her the truth,the wife should also let him know that she would always there to help him through whatever he is going through and if it's an addiction, she would help him put an end to it.

Op, I know you friend is born again christian and she would be put off by this singular act, but she should understand that their are always set backs in our lives as humans and as christians also.
The husband is going through a phase that he is not proud of and from everything, beyond his control and he needs someone to guide him through it. The wife should talk to and with her husband about whatever the matter is and be there for him.

All is well.

B1tch u just bailed my fingers!!

Op,copy this as it is and post to your friend.

missy,i still doubt if you're female.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by danny301: 11:57am On May 15, 2015
Take up the issue with him with love and maturity... he certainly needs help and the first step towards that is to let him know that you know about the issue hence he doesn't need to hid it from you. Let him tell you what you need to know about it... I.e whether he only smoked that day to overcome a particular issue or he smokes habitually...Whatever the case is, try to politely talking him out of it and if he continues make it known to his parents or whosoever he holds in high esteem to talk him. This necessarily because the most effective way to weaken the stronghold of bad habit in any man's life is to expose it. Evil strives most when it's being done uncover, bring it to the light and it becomes weak. Trust me, he will quit smoking when he discovers that there is no more hiding place for him... The fact that did/does it secretly means that he is not only ashame of it but also that has much respect for his wife which for me is s big advantage and good ground you to help.. However, you have do more of the job on your kneels instead of relying on empty confrontations.

1 Like

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 15, 2015
Go online, get all the negative details of taking Indian Hemp, place the print-outs on his side of the bed grin grin cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed

Thank me later undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 15, 2015
IamOdin:

B1tch u just bailed my fingers!!

Op,copy this as it is and post to your friend.

missy,i still doubt if you're female.

You are entitled to your thoughts and opinions.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by IamLEGEND1: 12:07pm On May 15, 2015
wat is it dat women want eh??
D man get good job, good manners,and obviously well-principled. U tink say e easy to keep smoking a secret from ur friendz? not to talk of ur wife, who you live with.
the guy makes breakfast for you for the love of Gawd.

surely dat alone gets him a free pass.
Or At least for a while.

5 Likes

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by kay9(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2015
chimkaire:
Go online, get all the negative details of taking Indian Hemp, place the print-outs on his side of the bed grin grin cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed

Madam, this is not a game. The only thing following your advice will achieve is prove that his wife is smarter by "snooping" him out, and then put him on the defensive - and this man is supposed to be a manager or something, it's very likely he makes a lot more than the wife does, so I bet he won't react well to being shamed. So, if you really believe that outsmarting your spouse is the best way to handle marriage issues, then I'm very sorry you.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 15, 2015
kay9:

Madam, this is not a game. The only thing following your advice will achieve is prove that his wife is smarter by "snooping" him out, and then put him on the defensive - and this man is supposed to be a manager or something, it's very likely he makes a lot more than the wife does, so I bet he won't react well to being shamed. So, if you really believe that outsmarting your spouse is the best way to handle marriage issues, then I'm very sorry you.
You were making sense till you became sorry for yourself. Yeah, shove it down any of your orifices undecided
You pick on someone who never addressed you to spew dust, why not read and move the hell on or aint you a man that should overlook an obvious joke you reiterated undecided
Hope you have dropped the best approach to this cheesy
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Lobolintin(m): 1:57pm On May 15, 2015
Babe... Carry on... He does it indoor Not outdoor. He treats u fine No rude...... Slowly and gently approach him Okay... Let him know your view on the matter
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Holatunde007(m): 2:21pm On May 15, 2015
chimkaire:

I swear you have the most brilliant comment so far
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by cococandy(f): 3:31pm On May 15, 2015
It's not really something to lose much sleep over.
She needs to talk to him about it. Not judge him.
Because if he's addicted to it and she becomes judgmental, he will withdraw from her and then she won't be able to help him.

If he's not an addict but only a recreational user, (that's what she needs to find it), then she might as well let him be. Most of the things we eat aren't good for us anyway and hemp is one of them.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Moana(f): 3:53pm On May 15, 2015
Sit down with him and be honest. Tell him you saw him smoking and really ask him to be open with you. Assure him that you wont attack him but help him deal with his challenges in another healthy manner. Smoking can damage his lungs
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by oloyede252(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2015
your boo me na dey smoke me na ganger.me na no worry smoking me na ganger wil take me na higher.
More ganger more higher

god bless ganger man
god bless jamiaca mariwanna.
Lav ya

1 Like

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by bukatyne(f): 4:09pm On May 15, 2015
missclasssy:

Or

My advice is that the wife should bring up the topic at a time when the both of them are alone together and there isn't any tension, perhaps after sex, or when they are watching tv together, just when the husband is calmed down and in a happy state.

Op, I know you friend is a born again christian and she would be put off by this singular act, but she should understand that their are always set backs in our lives as humans and as christians also.

All is well.

Good one
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by chibic(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2015
Women sef!

I thought she caught the man with another woman. What is the big deal about smoking? This a man that does not abuse you, he treats you very well(according to you), so what else do you want? You think their's a perfect human in this world? What if he is a cheat who doesn't smoke, will you prefer that? Or an abusive husband who doesn't smoke. Which one is better?

Its better that he smokes and still be a very good husband IMO.
He might have been addicted to it but doesn't want you to know. He just doesn't want you to get hurt because he loves you. You should be greatful to GOD.

If a man is faithful, his wife will find another fault. if he doesn't stay out late, caring and loving, the wife must find another fault. if he's very wealthy, there must be one fault detected. This is the reason why women are hardly happy in their marriages. They seek for something non-existent.

2 Likes

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Chubhie: 4:27pm On May 15, 2015
Buy some home and cook rice with it. Nobody is perfect. He could be struggling with that addiction and don't know how to communicate such to you without his ego being thrown on the line.

He respects you and probably wishes to save you from the shock and embarrassment of seeing his other side. He needs to be more trusting so as to open up.

You can help him open up by giving him a soft landing and not accusing and blaming him on how he hid such from you. He does it when he knows it is logically impossible for you to take notice.

What ever you do, never be judgmental, treat him with love and Respect. That man might be facing much more stress @ work.

Common, you guys have been together and made baby together so, you know the best possible way to get to your husband. You can make him his favourite dish and Bleep his brains into submission and confession or you could hire a luca and put a gun to his head and assure him that either his brains spills or he confesses the nature of smoke that oozes from the closet. All the very best.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by veave(f): 7:01pm On May 15, 2015
You've handled it well so far. Another woman would scream the roof down immediately.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 15, 2015
Holatunde007:
The story goes thus:
Thanks

This is a very delicate issue and you need to thread with caution.
You have to try and catch him again so that you will be very sure of what you saw.

When you are 100 percent sure he smokes, then u need to apply tactics..
Dont just jump in and start asking him or calling him names. you might be pressing the worst button.

Approach him with d issue when both of you are in a very relaxed mood. If possible take him out to a quiet garden or hotel.. then start pinching the topic small small. And most importantly dint sound judgemental one bit. Let the gist flow till he opens up.. It might be hard to hold your temper and disappointment back while discussing the issue but you really have to try.

After he has come clean with you, that is when the real work starts. If he is already addicted then you need to seek professional help. He doesnt need to go to rehab, he can allow u to help him out if he is willing to stop.

Thread with caution, dont loose your husband to a bad habit.. I almost did, but thank God for good advice. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by dsquare33: 10:58pm On May 15, 2015
From the op's friend side of the story one can infer that her husband have been smoking weed for along time. reminded me of my former neighbour downstairs,the wife is christian infact the husband attend church more than the wife but as soon as she goes to work he and his friends will start smoking weed that everbody living in the whole house would know. The man needs prayer if you fight him he will not change untill he decides to quit himself that is why she needs to intensify her prayers.
Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 15, 2015
chibic:
Women sef!

I thought she caught the man with another woman. What is the big deal about smoking? This a man that does not abuse you, he treats you very well(according to you), so what else do you want? You think their's a perfect human in this world? What if he is a cheat who doesn't smoke, will you prefer that? Or an abusive husband who doesn't smoke. Which one is better?

Its better that he smokes and still be a very good husband IMO.
He might have been addicted to it but doesn't want you to know. He just doesn't want you to get hurt because he loves you. You should be greatful to GOD.

If a man is faithful, his wife will find another fault. if he doesn't stay out late, caring and loving, the wife must find another fault. if he's very wealthy, there must be one fault detected. This is the reason why women are hardly happy in their marriages. They seek for something non-existent.

My dear, the woman has every right to be worried. I agree that there are worse things the man could have been doing. But it doesnt mean she should fold her arms and watch her hubby smoke and die young. You should even congratulate her for being composed so far.

1 Like

Re: Strange Issue About My Husband Pls Urgent Advice Needed by Timbuktuo: 11:11pm On May 15, 2015
You think it's easy to be a bank manager in this country? Hell, even being alive in Nigeria is a feat these days. Leave your husband with his ewe ola, let him purge his mind of stress abeg. That thing is healthier than beer fyi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Its 2013 And I Am Still Single! / Lady Under Attack For Taking Nude Photo With Her Son / Homosexual Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.