Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (248920 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: Wrong Tactics, Players' Selection Cost Eagles CHAN Glory - Peters
[/size]
By Joshua Odeyemi
Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh's wrong tactics and players' selection rubbed Nigeria of African Nations Championship (CHAN) glory, former national team handler, James Peters has said.

Peters told Daily Trust in Abuja yesterday that Oliseh was unable to prove that he had the best two players in each position at the Championship which is still ongoing in Kigali, Rwanda.

The Super Eagles were sent parking in the group stage after coming third behind Tunisia and Guinea, their worst outing in the championship meant for football players plying their trade in the local leagues.

Peter said: "There could be wrong selection and we did not have the right tactics to unlock the opponents. It's like we didn't study the opponents. We should be able to develop the tactics that will offset the opponents. When we were there [in Kigali], we were watching the teams as spectators.

"From what I saw, I don't think we had the best players. I don't think we had enough players in each position. If one man is not there, another person should replace him. Look at what happened to [Chisom] Chikatara, when he was not there, the team was not clicking."

He also posited that Oliseh lacks the experience to handle a big team like the Super Eagles, calling for the appointment of an experienced coach to support him.

"When you have young coaches like that, you need an experience coach, old hand to stay with them and be their backroom staff. But we don't do that in this country.

Everybody thinks the old hand wants to take his job but it's unfortunate."

He however, kicked against the employment of an expatriate to assist Oliseh with the Super Eagles, insisting that there were old but capable hands in the country to do the job.

Regarding the double header AFCON qualifiers against Egypt next month, Peters warned Oliseh to pick the best players for the encounter for the team to be victorious.

"I hope that the best [players] will be picked. If the best are picked, there is no way we are going to lose to Egypt."

"We have the players that can offset Egypt with the right formation, with the right tactics."
allafrica.com/stories/201602041031.html

[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Denmark
Izunna targets back-to-back league crown in Denmark
[/size]

Izunna Uzochukwu (right) flanked by Eagles mates Haruna and Igbonu

Nigeria international Izunna Uzochukwu has said he is looking forward to help new club OB Odense get back to the summit of Danish football and win the league title at the end of the season.

The former Amkar Perm of Russia midfielder won the Danish league with FC Midtjylland last season and he wants a repeat of that experience at Odense.

"My main target with OB is to help the team get back to the top of the Danish league again with my contribution. OB are a top team in Danish football," Izunna said.

OB Odense are seventh with 24 points from 18 games.
The league resumes February 26.

Izunna, who has never played at any club without a Nigerian team mate, said he won't feel lonely at his new club.

"I won't feel lonely. Denmark is my second home," he said.
africanfootball.com//news/608834/Izunna-targets-back-to-back-league-crown-in-Denmark
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2016 Sunshine Stars
Finnish club announce arrival of league hotshot Salami
[/size]

Gbolahan Salami has moved to Finland

Nigeria international Gbolahan Salami has joined Finnish club Kuopio Palloseura (KuPS) to team up with his Warri Wolves teammate, Azubuike Egwuekwe.

The club announced on their website that the ex-Shooting Stars forward has signed a year’s deal with an option of another year.

The 24-year-old was the top scorer in Nigeria league in the 2014/2015 season with 17 goals.
He opted to stay out of CHAN 2016 so as to finalise his move to Europe.

Last year January, Salami moved to Serbian club Red Star Belgrade, but returned to Nigeria to join Warri Wolves after the club could not pay his wages.
africanfootball.com/news/608611/Finnish-club-announce-arrival-of-league-hotshot-Salami

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
whazsup with oliseh and this nff sef?

must they wash their dirty linens outside?

make we no hear cover story against Egypt ooo.

u know the world will like to watch that match.. just like England vs France... Argentina vs Brazil... are being anticipated..

so after Egypt might have shown the world the beautiful side of their Cairo national stadium. only for Nigeria to show the world substandard kaduna bumpy pitch?...

giant my as$..

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
Icon4s:

And u think the bumpy Kaduna pitch will nt affect our players hu play on smooth European turfs? It should nt be abt capitalizing on the bumpy nature of the pitch but playing good football to beat your opponent.

I dnt like that Kaduna stadium. It is sub-standard and diminishes Nigeria's image in the eyes of the international community.

Hence Coach Oliseh wants to play in Port Harcourt, the Super Eagles have no reason to play in Kaduna. NFF should have contacted Oliseh before picking a stadium.

If the coach complains, NFF will scream unprofessional. Meanwhile, they are the most unprofessional sector in this country. Road transport Union can not behave like this.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
Ighalo Thanks ‘Legend’ Kanu, Nwakali For Watford Support
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:
Watford striker Odion Ighalo has thanked former Arsenal and Super Eagles superstar Nwankwo Kanu and Nigeria youngster Kelechi Nwakali for coming out to support him during Watford's goalless draw against Chelsea at Vicarage Road on Wednesday.

Kanu, who is in London to help Nwakali and Ebere Chukwueze finalise their move to Arsenal, was in the stands to watch the encounter.

"Thanks to the legend Kanu for your support last night," Ighalo wrote on his Instagram handle on Thursday, along with a picture of himself, Kanu and Nwakali, who is in an Arsenal jacket.

Ighalo who failed to add to his goal tally of 14 on Wednesday took to Instagram to also express his delight at seeing Nwakali, the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup Most Valuable Player, after the game in London.

"Happy to have you here in UK Bro," Ighalo wrote on Nwakali.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/ighalo-thanks-legend-kanu-for-support/
[/b]

TheSuperNerd. See me see trouble. Odion Ighalo have started again. Now, Legend Kanu can not leave my head.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by joseph1013: 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
NFF is the most useless (dis)organization I know. How can you oppose the choice of stadium of a coach? I really have no expectations for success of our teams this year. Imagine telling Oliseh that he should have endured without salaries cos other coaches did. Question: were their salaries delayed? Did that stop them from traveling all over the world under the guise of working for the football body?

Any success is inspite of this awful association.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
We won’t allow Oliseh coach us into trouble -NFF
[/size]

.Insists on Kaduna for Nigeria vs Egypt

By George Aluo
WillSunday Oliseh go or stay on as Super Eagles manager? This is the million naira question, ahead of today’s technical committee meeting of the Nigeria Football Federation which holds in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.

The NFF, Daily Sunsports can today reveal, is worried over the Eagles manager and is now in a dilemma whether to sack him or allow him prosecute the two legged tie against Egypt next month.

A competent NFF source however told Daily Sunsports yesterday that one thing that is clear is that the soccer federation will not allow Oliseh to coach her into trouble.

According to our source, the technical committee has been mandated to come up with a blue print on how Nigeria will beat Egypt to the AFCON 2017 ticket.

The Chris Green led body is to work closely with the Eagles gaffer, who has been told in very clear terms to cooperate or get fired.

“The NFF is ready to take any radical decision which it deems necessary to ensure our qualification for the Nations Cup.

Oliseh has been told to cooperate and work closely with the technical committee. If he fails to behave, he would be fired, there is no two ways about it. One thing that is clear is that the NFF is not going to fold its arms and allow the AFCON qualifier bungled by the coach before taking belated decisions,” our source disclosed.

Continuing he said: “We are not going to allow what happened before CHAN 2016 to repeat itself.

Before going to CHAN a few players from the squad that Siasia conquered Africa with were recommended to Oliseh by members of the technical committee and he (Oliseh) rejected them. He ran the CHAN show alone. He decided where to camp, players to use and all that.
We wont allow that to continue in the interest of the nation.”

Interestingly, Oliseh has declared that he has no business with the technical committee declaring that the contract he signed says he should report to the NFF secretary general and not the committee. Oliseh has also requested to play in Port Harcourt instead of Kaduna which the NFF had since settled for .

The soccer federation has made it clear that the match would go ahead in Kaduna. NFF’s image maker, Demola Olajire said yesterday that Oliseh can not dictate where to play to the soccer federation.

“Well, what I can tell you is that the coach cannot tell the football federation where the match would be played. It is the prerogative of the NFF to pick match venues,” Olajire said.
sunnewsonline.com/new/we-wont-allow-oliseh-coach-us-into-trouble-nff/
[/b]

Bull Sh11t.

If you guys know the job better than Coach Oliseh, sack him and his crew. Go and coach the team yourselves. Coach Oliseh is the coach of the team. It is his decision to accept the technical committee's report or not.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
Egypt on my mind not NFF –Oliseh
[/size]
By Pius Ayinor

Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has told The PUNCH that his major preoccupation is how to beat Egypt in their 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match rather than worry about meetings and other things outside the field of play.

The Super Eagles coach said on Thursday that he was surprised to hear from some Nigerians that he was billed to meet with the Nigeria Football Federation’s technical committee in Uyo while he was never scheduled to be there.

The former Nigeria captain told our correspondent that he is keeping himself busy holding talks with his players concerning their next game.

He said, “I have the permission of my employers to hold talks with my players based in Europe and that’s what I am doing now. We are working towards the next game which is against Egypt. As a matter of fact the only thing on my mind is Egypt.

“All we are working on is how to get our maximum points from that fixture and so any other thing is meaningless to us for now. The players understand there’s huge work ahead and that’s all we know.”

Those familiar with the contract Oliseh signed with the NFF say that the coach is not obliged to appear before the technical committee as the paper clearly states that he is answerable to the NFF General Secretary. The technical committee is noted as an advisory body only.

There were reports that he was to meet with the committee in Uyo on Thursday to present his report on the 2016 African Nations Championship and give necessary explanations in person. The coach spoke from his Belgium home on Thursday.

Nigeria will play the Pharaohs of Egypt in a Gabon 2017 qualifier at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna on March 23 before playing the reverse fixture away in Egypt.

The NFF officials have stated that the game be played in Kaduna rather than in Port Harcourt, which the coach had suggested.
www.punchng.com/egypt-on-my-mind-not-nff-oliseh/

[/b]

#EgyptOnMyMind.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:48am On Feb 06, 2016
**smiles**

It's called "sticking like a gum"....

Well, Legend Kanu is very much okay. We can have that. It rhymes with Kanu's status.

But Boss Oliseh?? Well, let's hold on a little bit on that one.... Maybe with time he'll be Boss Oliseh. BUT HE GOTTA EARN IT. Oliseh is also a legend like Kanu but a boss?? NOT YET!!!

I really like Ighalo's attitude. He's just showing genuine respect even though he wishes to outdo their achievements someday. He's nice.

Maybe up next from him will be "Leader Mikel"... Or "Captain Musa".... Or will it be "teammate Jurado"??

*smiles*

TheGoodJoe:

TheSuperNerd. See me see trouble. Odion Ighalo have started again. Now, Legend Kanu can not leave my head.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:58am On Feb 06, 2016
Why are you all wasting words on "that body"??

The NFF has a deep molecular disease called "We can never be organised, in fact we are assholes...".

And this is caused by a particular "continuity" virus.
Mehn!!! I'm done with the NFF........... Like seriously.

So All Oliseh gotta do is just "try" and make the most of the situations as they come.

A successful man is one who makes the most out of any situation... Be it good or bad. Using the NFF as excuse buttons is not gonna make one successful as national team coach.

TheGoodJoe:

Bull Sh11t.

If you guys no the job better than Coach Oliseh, sack him and his crew. Go and coach the team yourselves. Coach Oliseh is the coach of the team. It is his decision to accept the technical committee report or not.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:08am On Feb 06, 2016
Somehow I feel Oliseh will pull this one off just fine...... #TheDoubleHeader against Egypt.

I don't know but Oliseh might just floor the Egyptians over the two legs. I don't even feel threatened by them.

Maybe it's just me...... #smiles

But Oliseh shouldn't allow those "vultures" distract him. And he should "watch it" also.

NFF = Vultures.

TheGoodJoe:

#EgyptOnMyMind.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Hence Coach Oliseh wants to play in Port Harcourt, the Super Eagles have no reason to play in Kaduna. NFF should have contacted Oliseh before picking a stadium.

If the coach complains, NFF will scream unprofessional. Meanwhile, they are the most unprofessional sector in this country. Road transport Union can not behave like this.

Spot on!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
In case u needed any more reasons to love this guy.

Chinese Super League club offered Odion Ighalo 'almost £300,000 a week'

Watford striker Odion Ighalo has said he was offered nearly £300,000 a week to move to the Chinese Super League.

A number of big-name players have signed for Chinese clubs, with Jiangsu Suning paying Chelsea £25 million for Ramires and Shakhtar Donetsk £38.5m for Alex Teixeira, while Guangzhou Evergrande landed Jackson Martinez for £32m.

The Daily Mail reports that Hebei China Fortune, who signed Gael Kakuta on Friday, attempted to secure the signature of Ighalo, who has scored 14 Premier League goals this season.

The Nigeria international said: "I was very close. They made a £10m bid and were offering me over £200,000 a week; a four-year contract. I couldn't sleep for three days.

"That kind of money is not easy to turn down. Some teammates in the dressing room were saying, 'You can't miss this chance.' But I don't jump into decisions like that.

"I prayed about it, and God said it was not for me, no matter how much money it was. I knew God would direct me. When I said I don't want to go, they offered me more money, almost £300,000 a week. I told them it's not about the money."

Ighalo, who signed a new five-year contract at Watford in September, added: "They have called again and I have turned them down again. Maybe if I keep scoring goals, that team will come with triple the money at the end of the season. When the time is right to go to China I will know. If it's for me it will come to pass.

"When I was in Ajegunle, I was watching the Premier League, dreaming one day I would be part of it. If I keep doing what I'm doing I can enjoy my football in England for four, five or six years.

"I helped this team to promotion. How can I leave because of money? I know money is good. With that sort of money I can secure my life. But you can't sell your dream."

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
My question is, are we saying the NFF is hiding money? To make allegations without concrete evidence is naive and wrong.
The NFF sent the chan team to SA and paid for everything also as we all recall Pinnik paid for the assistant coach's surgery out of his own pocket so the fact that they didn't like the food is nonsense, it is what a child would say. A grown man would clamp down and eat the food, not cry for home cooking.
None of this came out prior to them losing so....
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

In case u needed any more reasons to love this guy.

Chinese Super League club offered Odion Ighalo 'almost £300,000 a week'

Watford striker Odion Ighalo has said he was offered nearly £300,000 a week to move to the Chinese Super League.

A number of big-name players have signed for Chinese clubs, with Jiangsu Suning paying Chelsea £25 million for Ramires and Shakhtar Donetsk £38.5m for Alex Teixeira, while Guangzhou Evergrande landed Jackson Martinez for £32m.

The Daily Mail reports that Hebei China Fortune, who signed Gael Kakuta on Friday, attempted to secure the signature of Ighalo, who has scored 14 Premier League goals this season.

The Nigeria international said: "I was very close. They made a £10m bid and were offering me over £200,000 a week; a four-year contract. I couldn't sleep for three days.

"That kind of money is not easy to turn down. Some teammates in the dressing room were saying, 'You can't miss this chance.' But I don't jump into decisions like that.

"I prayed about it, and God said it was not for me, no matter how much money it was. I knew God would direct me. When I said I don't want to go, they offered me more money, almost £300,000 a week. I told them it's not about the money."

Ighalo, who signed a new five-year contract at Watford in September, added: "They have called again and I have turned them down again. Maybe if I keep scoring goals, that team will come with triple the money at the end of the season. When the time is right to go to China I will know. If it's for me it will come to pass.

"When I was in Ajegunle, I was watching the Premier League, dreaming one day I would be part of it. If I keep doing what I'm doing I can enjoy my football in England for four, five or six years.

"I helped this team to promotion. How can I leave because of money? I know money is good. With that sort of money I can secure my life. But you can't sell your dream."
300000euro a week?
mehn that's some billions of Naira in just a week.. I guess with that money in a year or two he can even buy watford..

well life choices and characters differs..

but on another note.. how much do these Chinese club that they would be such amount of money.. not that their league is popular?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
krattoss:
300000euro a week?
mehn that's some billions of Naira in just a week.. I guess with that money in a year or two he can even buy watford..

well life choices and characters differs..

but on another note.. how much do these Chinese club that they would be such amount of money.. not that their league is popular?

The Chinese super league is on the rise. We should never underestimate the power of money. Unlike the mls and other smaller leagues they are getting player while in their prime. It is great for football that there could be more strong leagues outside Europe. I certainly hope our league teams can sell some players to them it would bring in much needed revenue.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

The Chinese super league is on the rise. We should never underestimate the power of money. Unlike the mls and other smaller leagues they are getting player while in their prime. It is great for football that there could be more strong leagues outside Europe. I certainly hope our league teams can sell some players to them it would bring in much needed revenue.
who watches China leagues apart from Chinese themselves.. and how did they cover all their expenses...

I guess match fixing and manipulation..
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
krattoss:
who watches China leagues apart from Chinese themselves.. and how did they cover all their expenses...

I guess match fixing and manipulation..

China has a rich economy and now they are putting their resourses into football and i can guarrantee it will work out just like evey other thing they do.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
My question is, are we saying the NFF is hiding money? To make allegations without concrete evidence is naive and wrong.
The NFF sent the chan team to SA and paid for everything also as we all recall Pinnik paid for the assistant coach's surgery out of his own pocket so the fact that they didn't like the food is nonsense, it is what a child would say. A grown man would clamp down and eat the food, not cry for home cooking.
None of this came out prior to them losing so....

Please, Coach Oliseh used to play Professional football and played a lot of international football. If he says the accommodation and hotel food was not good, the NFF should discuss with him to make sure the incident does not happen again.

Saying Professional players should eat terrible food in an international tournament does not work with me.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Please, Coach Oliseh used to play Professional football and played a lot of international football. If he says the accommodation and hotel food was not good, the NFF should discuss with him to make sure the incident does not happen again.

Saying Professional players should eat terrible food in an international tournament does not work with me.

How was the food terrible? If the food was terrible the hotel had to be terrible ans that was never said by anyone. All that happened was the food was new to them and they didn't give it a chance. They are not gods any other professional would make do so what makes them any different. I find it funny that thwy clowned south africa and not Rwanda knowing most Nigeria would be more receptive to something bad coming from there. They were there to represent Nigeria not live the good life a good coach would remind them of the bigger picture not dwell on the subject, we all know Nigeria is broke shoot our oil is almost the same price as pure water but what good is crying to the world going to do about it?..
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

How was the food terrible? If the food was terrible the hotel had to be terrible ans that was never said by anyone. All that happened was the food was new to them and they didn't give it a chance. They are not gods any other professional would make do so what makes them any different. I find it funny that thwy clowned south africa and not Rwanda knowing most Nigeria would be more receptive to something bad coming from there. They were there to represent Nigeria not live the good life a good coach would remind them of the bigger picture not dwell on the subject, we all know Nigeria is broke shoot our oil is almost the same price as pure water but what good is crying to the world going to do about it?..

“But if the NFF didn’t have the cash, they could have supported the team in many other ways. They were left alone in a very small two-star hotel in Rwanda.

https://www.nairaland.com/2315999/super-eagles-nigeria-thread-2017/102#42550506

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

The good of crying out is to stop the irresponsibility of the NFF. The reason why we do not have lots of companies sponsoring the Super Eagles is the mismanagement. If good lifestyle is not important, why do you think clubs spend so much to keep their players living well? Why do competitions come with top class accommodation for players?

Our Coaches kept quiet for too long that we feel it is right for the NFF to maltreat coaches. Look at how they left Coach Siasia's team with wash and wear jersey and they queried him for complaining.

If Amaju Pinnick can not rally for sponsorship for our international football teams, he should step down.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Spot on as well.

NFF is so unprofessional in handling our national teams. Take for instance, it is against the national teams' code of conducts for a Coach or a Player to speak against any treatment they don't like with the media, the same offence for which the NFF is into.

Why would you come on air to say 'you don't want Oliseh to coach us into trouble'

That sounds so bad. There is a more professional and diplomatic way of addressing issues like this.

That Cris Green of a guy has never impressed me at all.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The good of crying out is to stop the irresponsibility of the NFF. The reason why we do not have lots of companies sponsoring the Super Eagles is the mismanagement. If good lifestyle is not important, why do you think clubs spend so much to keep their players living well? Why do competitions come with top class accommodation for players?

Our Coaches kept quiet for too long that we feel it is right for the NFF to maltreat coaches. Look at how they left Coach Siasia's team with wash and wear jersey and they queried him for complaining.

If Amaju Pinnick can not rally for sponsorship for our international football teams, he should step down.

This is not about a club it is about our country, ask not what ur country can do for u. People should stop expecting to get rich off of Nigeria, how about they make Nigeria rich again. I personally would pay to represent Nigeria so i don't see what all the fuss is about.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
Orkpekyandega:

Spot on as well.

NFF is so unprofessional in handling our national teams. Take for instance, it is against the national teams' code of conducts for a Coach or a Player to speak against any treatment they don't like with the media, the same offence for which the NFF is into.

Why would you come on air to say 'you don't want Oliseh to coach us into trouble'

That sounds so bad. There is a more professional and diplomatic way of addressing issues like this.

That Cris Green of a guy has never impressed me at all.

So can u publicly complain about ur employer at ur job? Oliseh failed and made excuses, finger pointing for no reason a real professional would have talked to them privately.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19am On Feb 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

This is not about a club it is about our country, ask not what ur country can do for u. People should stop expecting to get rich off of Nigeria, how about they make Nigeria rich again. I personally would pay to represent Nigeria so i don't see what all the fuss is about.

The ten thousand dollars bonuses will make them rich. I am sure all other countries that pay bonuses do not think of what the players can do for their country.

Let Busquets and Iniesta pay for their own hotel bills when they are playing for Spain.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:13am On Feb 07, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ighalo Misfires As Tottenham Edge Watford, Go Second
[/size]

Odion Ighalo could not add to his 14 Premier League goals on Saturday as Tottenham Hotspur edged Watford 1-0 to move into second place in the Premier League table.

Defender Kevin Trippier scored the only goal off a Dele Alli assist.

Defeat for Manchester City earlier in the day opened the door for the Lilywhites to move up one position, and they were able to do exactly that thanks to a sixth win on the bounce in all competitions.
Spurs dominated the game throughout, but it required Trippier’s goal 25 minutes from time to make the telling difference and keep their title hopes well on track.

The visitors set themselves up with five players in the middle in an apparent attempt to stifle Spurs’ attacking threat, which largely worked for the majority of the opening 45 minutes.

Harry Kane was able to get a brief sight of goal, which Heurelho Gomes was equal to on his return to North London, but it was a case of the home side remaining patient in their build-up play.

That Gomes stop provided a sign of things to come, as the Brazilian was alert to deny a lively Ben Davies down the right on a couple of occasions, while Erik Lamela also saw his long-range drive routinely kept out.

Watford looked to be on the ropes at that stage, having already seen Mousa Dembele blast narrowly wide moments earlier, yet the key breakthrough goal did not arrive prior to the break.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/ighalo-misfires-as-tottenham-edge-watford-go-second/
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:28am On Feb 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

So can u publicly complain about ur employer at ur job? Oliseh failed and made excuses, finger pointing for no reason a real professional would have talked to them privately.

I agree with you that Oliseh erred but at the same time why do the NFF see the media as a fertile ground to attack their Coaches and players.

They did same treatment to Keshi. What about the Enyeama issue, when he complained about the Kaduna venue, siting security chanllenges. Why don't they also learn how to address some critical and delicate issues inhouse? Must they always wash their dirty linen in the public? Why are they fond of using the media to send threats to the Coaches and players when they go wrong?

That's very unprofessional as well.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:34am On Feb 07, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ogu Scores As Ikeme Keeps Ninth Clean Sheet; Echiejile, Onazi Dropped
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:
Nigeria midfielder John Ogu was on target for Hapoel Be’er Sheva in their 2-0 victory over Maccabi Netanya on Saturday.

Ogu sealed the league win in the 67th minute after Elyani Barda opened the scoring on the stroke of half-time.

In England, Kelechi Iheanacho failed to offer any inspiration when he came on as a second half substitute in place of Fabian Delph in Manchester City’s 3-1 humiliation to league leaders Leicester City on Saturday.

It was Iheanacho’s 16th Premier League appearance for the Citizens who are now third in the English Premier League table and five points adrift of top spot.

At White Hart Lane, Odion Ighalo failed to score in his second straight game for Watford who lost 1-0 to Tottenham Hotspur.

Ighalo played all 90 minutes but failed to add to his goal tally in the EPL.

At St James Park, Victor Anichebe made his third start for West Brom this season as they suffered their tenth league defeat of the season with a 1-0 defeat to Newcastle United.

He was replaced by Salomon Rondon with 16 minutes left in what was his sixth league game for the Baggies this srason.

At the Britannia Stadium, Osaze Odemwingie came on for Xherdan Shaqiri in Stoke City’s 3-0 loss at home to Everton.

The former Nigerian international has made five appearances for the Potters this season.

In France, Elderson Echiejile did not make the Monaco squad that beat Nice 1-0 on Saturday.

At the Saint Mary’s Stadium, Nigerian duo of Emmanuel Emenike and Victor Moses both featured for West Ham who stumbled to a 1-0 defeat against Southampton.

While Moses was handed his first start in two months and was later replaced by Andy Caroll on the hour mark , Emenike replaced Michail Antonio in the 73rd minute on his debut.

In the Championship, Carl Ikeme kept his ninth clean sheet this season in goal for Wolves who forced Reading to a goalless draw.

In Italy,Ogenyi Onazi was left out of Lazio’s squad that travelled to Genoa.

In the Bundesliga, Leon Balogun made his 11th start for FSV Mainz who edged Hannover 96 by a lone goal.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/ogu-on-target-enyeama-ikeme-keep-clean-sheet-echiejile-onazi-dropped/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:41am On Feb 07, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Emenike Makes West Ham Debut In Southampton Defeat
[/size]

Emmanuel Emenike made his West Ham debut on Saturday but he saw his side lose 1-0 to 10-man Southampton in a Premier League clash at St. Mary’s.
The Nigerian striker, who joined West Ham on loan during the week, repaced Michail Antonio on 73 minutes as West Ham chased the equaliser following Maya Yoshida’s first half strike.

Victor Moses started the match but he was taken off for Andy Carroll in the second half as West Ham trailed.

Yoshida made the breakthrough in the ninth minute, but West Ham were boosted early in the second period when Victor Wanyama saw red for a rash challenge on Dimitri Payet.

The visitors could not find a leveller, however, as Southampton made it five consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League with their fourth win in five matches, which has moved them into seventh position in the table, just one spot behind West Ham.

Southampton started on the front foot and had an excellent chance to make the breakthrough in the eighth minute when Cedric Soares met a deep cross from Shane Long, but West Ham stopper Adrian produced a super save.

The Saints had the lead less than one minute later, however, when Wanyama poked a low cross into Yoshida and the centre-back swept his effort past Adrian from close range.

The returning Graziano Pelle also came close for the hosts inside 12 minutes, but the Italian international could only head a Cedric cross wide of the post as West Ham struggled to settle on the south coast.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/emenike-makes-west-ham-debut-in-southampton-defeat/
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:14am On Feb 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

And the Money earmarked for such projects from the budget goes back into thr national treasury or goes to the NFF Members right.

If its about thinking what you can do for Nigeria then, our Senator, House of Reps., Ministers, NFF Members and the rest should also work for free and let the monies be used for the generality of the poor Nigerians.

Abi na only players go sacrifice?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (161) (Reply)

Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0 / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.