Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (35176 Views)

PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Ipob Shouldnt Dare Include The Delta In Their Biafra Dreams / This Is What Happens When You Include The People From The East In Your Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Er0ticAngela(f): 5:19pm On May 16, 2015
pazienza:

He presided over the issue as a deputy speaker, where was it stated that he supported the move.

Even if he supported the move, the posts of Ndiigbo here is a testament that he acted on his own, and not on our behalf, Seeing as Ndiigbo have disassociated themselves from such injustice, while posters from other regions are defending it or simply keeping quiet.
It wasnt stated that Emeka Ihedioha supported the move neither was is stated that any Northern Reps supported it also.

However, the fact still remains that Emeka Ihedioha was the one presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendment was made. QED

stop blaming the North for your self inflicted woes

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

That's an issue which can be ironed out but I have a right to benefit.
where the hell are you from?
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by denko(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2015
get ur fact right pipe line that are in south west were those given to opc
OrlandoOwoh:
Inasmuch as I feel the pains of the Niger Deltans, what do they expect when Jonathan gave oil pipelines protection contracts to communities outside the Niger Delta. Or is the Oodu People's Congress protecting pipelines in the South South?
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by groovie(m): 5:22pm On May 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Inasmuch as I feel the pains of the Niger Deltans, what do they expect when Jonathan gave oil pipelines protection contracts to communities outside the Niger Delta. Or is the Oodu People's Congress protecting pipelines in the South South?
Those pipelines they are protecting are in SOUTHWEST. Ogun state. Ahn ahn!!
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Reason man! I do not need your pipelines but you need my land to take your crude through to processing points. I, on the other hand do not need you to grow my yam and cocoa.
which land?...if not for the oligarchs who were bigots I see no reason why we need the lands of those who are miles away from oil to get to any processing unit...all processsing units should end in the niger

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 16, 2015
Nigerdeltans are late adopters, In Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu voice [Ikemba Nnewi,Dike di ora nma, gburugburu 1] good morning to Niger delta.

14 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Ababadada: 5:24pm On May 16, 2015
Urhobo and Edo people how market

3 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 16, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
very convenient for you jackass' to blame the north for all your problems. Red the article again; Emeka Ihedioha, the deputy speaker, an ibo man was the one who presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendment was made, but here you are, frothing in the mouth like mad dogs, blaming the North

So u mean the deputy speaker should start going home if such topic is brought up by house members

Or are u sure u kno how decisions r reached n how laws are passed in the house of reps

10 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 16, 2015
Niger-Delta,
South South SOuth South till we get to South Of Antarctica how far nah?

How was last night, good morning!! cry cry cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by prettyboi1(m): 5:27pm On May 16, 2015
Good job.

Long live Nigeria,
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by yummylookintoks: 5:27pm On May 16, 2015
dicefrost:
This is pure nonsense. The PHCF clause was included to protect communities whose environment is damaged by petroleum exploration. If you the entire country is the host community, it means we offer absolutely no compensation to those whose land, water and air is being polluted to feed the country. Go to ogoni, go to some ijaw villages. Some of them can't farm or fish again because of pollution, not to talk of the adverse health effect. But then, what negative effect does oil exploration have on a community in kano or jigawa state?. These reps do not understand that equal treatment is not always fair, and fair treatment is not always equal.

What benefit have Niger deltans enjoyed out of this 10% that has been in existence for over 4 years? Nothing.

All Niger-delta states remained the same
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by atlwireles: 5:27pm On May 16, 2015
Where was Dakuku Peterside when this was happening? Abi he is not the chairman responsible for the PIB again? Maybe he was looking for his lost Soku wells. The enemies within WILL BE be our first problem angry. At least Ogor has seen, what people told him for 4 years.. Please forget this PIB, Shell, Chevron and Mobil will do the needful when the time comes. grin grin grin grin.

6 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:27pm On May 16, 2015
pazienza:

Then a referendum was in order, don't you think so? Why did Gowon reject the option of UN supervised plebiscite offered to him by Ojukwu, but rather hurriedly rushed and divided the regions undemocratically?
If a referendum had been conducted, the people would have still voted for the creation of more states. In all the places states were created by Gowon, it's the minorities that were more. Gowon's action was in response to the fear minorities showed over the domination by the majorities. It's a mistake for you to say the action of Gowon was undemocratic.

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 16, 2015
redsquare:
When it comes to Niger Delta oil, the whole country becomes 'host community'
But when other Nigerians say Lagos is a no man's land, my brothers from SW get angry. grin
is ondo state sw state,not part of the host community.wawa
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Er0ticAngela(f): 5:28pm On May 16, 2015
chuna1985:

So u mean the deputy speaker should start going home if such topic is brought up by house members

Or are u sure u kno how decisions r reached n how laws are passed in the house of reps
The deputy speaker Emeka Ihedioha, an ibo man was the one wh presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendment was made. His name was mentioned in article whereas no Northern rep was made mention of, why are you cockroaches now blaming the North?

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 16, 2015
groovie:

Lol. Passingshot as far as I know, Nigeria makes revenue from crude oil which is exported by export tankers(huge export vessels). Those interstate pipelines go to the refineries and how does that generate revenues?
leave that guy alone...hand go soon reach am..

3 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by major466(m): 5:29pm On May 16, 2015
musicwriter:
It's over 5 years the PIB was proposed by Ms. Madueke. And the house of representatives is just beginning to look into it now that GEJ is about leaving office?. Do the maths and you'll understand why the whole country is being included as oil producing state.

The north have an evil grip on this country!.
Do yon wonder why Alison is being demonise daily as a corrupt minister? The Northern cabals. They were the chief opposers of the Original PIB bill. These extremely corrupt people own over 90 percent of oil wells in the Niger delta.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by PassingShot(m): 5:31pm On May 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
leave that guy alone...hand go soon reach am..

You dey threaten me? Buhahahahaha!
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Er0ticAngela(f): 5:31pm On May 16, 2015
atlwireles:
Where was Dakuku Peterside when this was happening? Abi he is not the chairman responsible for the PIB again? Maybe he was looking for his lost Soku wells. The enemies within WILL BE be our first problem angry. At least Ogor has seen, what people told him for 4 years.. Please forget this PIB, Shell, Chevron and Mobil will do the needful when the time comes. grin grin grin grin.
Very good of you that you mention Dakuku Peterside. Please hold your reps accountable and stop blaming the North.

Emeka Ihedioha, the deputy speaker, an ibo man was the one who presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendment was made. Leave the North alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 16, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
The deputy speaker Emeka Ihedioha, an ibo man was the one wh presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendment was made. His name was mentioned in article whereas no Northern rep was made mention of, why are you cockroaches now blaming the North?

Please directly answer my questions above.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by PassingShot(m): 5:32pm On May 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
where the hell are you from?

My name na Okubowei Fred. Do your worst!

cheesy grin
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

You dey threaten me? Buhahahahaha!
no i dey play with you... angry...come collect benefit make we see you..
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by deletrue: 5:33pm On May 16, 2015
Na one day be one day, he go happen. While some are busy eating the flesh, the others are eating the bones. But one day, he go happen. This open opression against the people of the south south abi the Niger Deltans, will one day, just one day, we will shot at each other openly. The people of the Niger Delta are always being pressed down into the sea beyond the head and always suffocation, always receiving the utmost rubbish, unbearable rubbish from the north and the west. Just one day, it will happen.

7 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

My name na Okubowei Fred. Do your worst!

cheesy grin
which okubowei??...you cant be a niger deltan...carry ya lie go... angry

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by yummylookintoks: 5:34pm On May 16, 2015
redsquare:
When it comes to Niger Delta oil, the whole country becomes 'host community'
But when other Nigerians say Lagos is a no man's land, my brothers from SW get angry. grin

Natural endowments are different ancestral heritage.

If Onitsha, Aba, Owerri and Enugu are no man's land, then Lagos state could be equally called No man's land but make sure you don't go to Kano to say this cos I won't be able to guarantee your life.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Er0ticAngela(f): 5:35pm On May 16, 2015
major466:
The Northern cabals.
Are you people mad or something?

Why must you always blame the North for everything?

Deputy speker emeka ihedioha presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendment was made, why dont you hold him accountable?

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by FLYFIRE(m): 5:35pm On May 16, 2015
denedene:
is this why GEJ was removed? undecided cause a niger deltan will not sign this adultery into law angry
Unfortunately, what GEJ sacrificed to avoid Buhari will fast track....Nigeria splitting

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by BrokenTV: 5:36pm On May 16, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
This your line of excuse is really dump, do you throughly know how proceeding in the legislative chamber work. Whats he the one that raise the issue up, better come watch TV and see how activies are carried out.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by atlwireles: 5:39pm On May 16, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Very good of you that you mention Dakuku Peterside. Please hold your reps accountable and stop blaming the North.

Emeka Ihedioha, the deputy speaker, an ibo man was the one who presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendment was made. Leave the North alone

I blame no one. Maybe my change criers in creeks of the Niger delta will finally learn for their own good. Dakuku Peterside, Silva, Amaechi, O'tega, etc they all love Nigeria more than themselves. Unfortunately Nigeria hates them more than Lucifer and they just slapped them again.

Please stop trying to hold the deputy speaker responsible, the objections of Ogor and other Nigerdetans were voted down by a majority of members, not the deputy speaker.

11 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Sibrah: 5:40pm On May 16, 2015
The oil pipeline running through non-oil exploration communities in Nigeria is negotiable in the sense that tankers can be used for same purpose. That's like street occupant in a city charging PHCN for the damages electricity transmission brings to the streets because the power plant host community charge same. Everybody might as well go to the ND and buy fuel in their gallon then.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by major466(m): 5:40pm On May 16, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
The fact that Emeka Ihedioha presided over the house when the rubbish clause was amended does not mean he was in support of the amended clause. His responsibility is to ensure that all proceedings in the house are done orderly based on rules of the house.

7 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Er0ticAngela(f): 5:42pm On May 16, 2015
BrokenTV:

This your line of excuse is really dump, do you throughly know how proceeding in the legislative chamber work. Whats he the one that raise the issue up, better come watch TV and see how activies are carried out.
Mad man
my line of excuse is really dump because i alluded to the fact that deputy speaker emeka ihedioha, an ibo man was the one who presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendment was made, right?

It is convenient for you dregs to exonerate your useless leaders whilst blaming others. Pray tell me, where in the article was the name of any Northern rep mentioned who supported the move.

The only name there is that of Deputy speaker emeka ihedioha, hold him accountable and leave the North out of your reginal madness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Theophilus Momoh Arrives His Wedding Reception In A Keke NAPEP (Pics) / Is Nigeria’s Fuel Price Cheapest In The World Like Eniola Badmus Said? / Buhari Receives Sheik Abdul-Muhsin Ibn Muhammad Al-Kasimy In Aso Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.