Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

It's Probably One Of The Kids - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Probably One Of The Kids (355 Views)

For The Sake Of The Kids And Future Generation / 10 Things You Will Probably Felt Anytime You Watched 'passion Of Christ / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Probably One Of The Kids by SonofIssachar: 12:48am On May 17, 2015
By Sally I. Kennedy

The air was thick with lovebugs as I drove along the turnpike. Each year, about this time, the lovebug phenomenon occurs. My windshield was practically covered with splattered lovebugs, which were pelting the cars like driving rain.

I pulled into a gas station to clean off the window. As I was scraping, I heard a cell phone ring. A loud voice, from over by the next tank, called out, “Can you get it?! It’s probably one of the kids!” She was outside her car, pumping gas, but she did not want to miss that call that might have been from her kids.

On some mobile phones there is caller ID. By glancing at my phone screen, I can quickly identify if one of my children are calling. I try to take their calls anywhere I am, at any time. You never know. Could be just a call to say hello, and chat, or it could be a call concerning a crisis situation, some type of emergency. At any rate, I just like to hear their voice.

I thought about how prayer is like ‘heavenly’ mobile phones. Sort of “hot-lines”, to our Father. And whether His kids are calling to say hello, and have a simple prayer conversation with the Lord, or calling with a serious situation that needs a listening, compassionate ear and/or wise counsel and direction, He always answers that phone.

“I’ll get it! It’s one of the kids!”

Meditation: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.' – Jeremiah 33:3

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

How Long Do We Have To Tolerate/love Our Enemies? / Nuggets From The Bible Study Of 24/05/2015 / Why Salvation Is Important

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.