Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong (3374 Views)

Top 10 Things Hollywood Been Lying To You About? / Some Top 10 Hollywood Horror Movies Cliché© / The Hollywood Reporter Writes About OJUJU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by GJames(m): 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
This ruq fellow is a super analyst just like severee
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by Ruq: 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
dubylhover:

abi oo..let us knw d standards

I replied you but anti spam bot deleted my post and banned me, I'll try to repost what I pasted.
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by dubylhover(m): 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ruq:

I replied you but anti spam bot deleted my post and banned me, I'll try to repost what I pasted.

ok..pls do,i wud luv to knw
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by severee(m): 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
GJames:
This ruq fellow is a super analyst just like severee

Mtchew! Hollywood film wey from advert you don already know how film go start and how e go end

They are becoming too greedy and it's not good
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by GJames(m): 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
severee:

Mtchew! Hollywood film wey from advert you don already know how film go start and how e go end

They are becoming too greedy and it's not good
Exactly. They make a crappy movie, add some chinese folks or make a scene in china and boom jackpot
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by severee(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
GJames:

Exactly. They make a crappy movie, add some chinese folks or make a scene in china and boom jackpot

grin no mind them, them want make chinese ppl ginger to go watch them film

N10 sense
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by GJames(m): 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
severee:

grin no mind them, them want make chinese ppl ginger to go watch them film

N10 sense
N10 sense lol. Do you still do your ''swing and a miss'' series?
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by severee(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
GJames:

N10 sense lol. Do you still do your ''swing and a miss'' series?
grin hellz yea
I'm warming up for this years summer blockbuster movies
Seeing avengers age of ultron next friday
wink wish me luck
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by GJames(m): 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
severee:

grin hellz yea
I'm warming up for this years summer blockbuster movies
Seeing avengers age of ultron next friday
wink wish me luck
I watched it today and i've got to say that you will have a lot to play with. Plenty nitpicking for you
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by severee(m): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2015
GJames:

I watched it today and i've got to say that you will have a lot to play with. Plenty nitpicking for you
undecided of course na no be marvel film?
The only thing that interests me about the movie is that james spader and elizabeth olsen are in the movie
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by GJames(m): 10:15am On Jun 08, 2015
severee:

undecided of course na no be marvel film?
The only thing that interests me about the movie is that james spader and elizabeth olsen are in the movie
The voice was awesome, but ultron wasn't so superb. Watch and bash quick make i laugh
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by nsaint101: 11:56am On Jun 08, 2015
Sorry o, we are just here complaining/arguing /judging /justifying/condemning, etc. about Hollywood movies abeg una forget about the nonsense TELENOVANAL, TELEMUNDOS AND THEIR LIKES. if Nollywood is full of stupidity, my people TELEMUNDOS movies, the word to describe them is not yet out.
Who even allowed them to be aired in Nigeria?
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by losprince(m): 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
nsaint101:
Sorry o, we are just here complaining/arguing /judging /justifying/condemning, etc. about Hollywood movies abeg una forget about the nonsense TELENOVANAL, TELEMUNDOS AND THEIR LIKES. if Nollywood is full of stupidity, my people TELEMUNDOS movies, the word to describe them is not yet out.
Who even allowed them to be aired in Nigeria?
hilarious cheesy I personally enjoy some telemumdos, is not for anything, for the stupid suspenses.
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by Ruq: 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
These were what i posted, i don't know why it kept triggering the anti bot dubylhover, Karleb

Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by Ruq: 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2015
A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014)-6

Meet the Robinsons (2007)-8

Half of a Yellow Sun (2013)-3

Elysium (2013)-5

As I Lay Dying (2013)-2

Despicable Me - 8

How to Train Your Dragon (2010)-5

Up (2009)-6

American Hustle (2013)-7

Hotel Transylvania (2012)-4

Megamind (2010)-5

Lone Survivor (2013)-6

Baggage Claim (2013)-4

Gravity (2013)-6

Reasonable Doubt (2014)-4

Penthouse North (2013)-4

Vendetta (2013)-4

The Wolverine (2013)-5

Hours (2013)-3

Runner Runner (2013)-5

The Legend of Hercules (2014)-2 this is the studio own not
the one The rock played

2 Guns (2013)-7

Baghban (2003)-6 very nice 

The Help (2011)-5

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009)-5

Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl (2011)-6

Watchmen (2009)-4

Kiss the Girls (1997)-5

Fight Club (1999) - 9

The Departed (2006)-9

Purge (2013)- 1

Hercules (2014) - 4 The one with the Rock

Dracular Untold (2014) -4

I can't list them all but you should have an idea of what I
mean by now, I haven't really seen a lot of 2015 movies
though.

Just so you know i watch anything because i love being entertained
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by dubylhover(m): 12:52am On Jun 09, 2015
@ruq,ive seen ur post nd i understand r point..i agree with that list sha but inception shudnt have a 5,its at least a 7..inception is d best film amongst all yu listed oo..it needs to b wached over and over again to b appreciated
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by dubylhover(m): 12:55am On Jun 09, 2015
ruq,they are also good 2014 movies oo..like selma,imitation game,whiplash nd hunger games is quite nyc for me..fast nd furious is a film that never interested me..d storyline is very shallow and amateur
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by Ruq: 1:12am On Jun 09, 2015
dubylhover:
@ruq,ive seen ur post nd i understand r point..i agree with that list sha but inception shudnt have a 5,its at least a 7..inception is d best film amongst all yu listed oo..it needs to b wached over and over again to b appreciated

The plot was ruined after they entered the rich guys dream and embarked in an almost pointless action. Christopher nolan and Quentin sometimes are over hyped, I wasn't too impressed when I saw Dhjango.
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by dubylhover(m): 1:19am On Jun 09, 2015
Ruq:

The plot was ruined after they entered the rich guys dream and embarked in an almost pointless action. Christopher nolan and Quentin sometimes are over hyped, I wasn't too impressed when I saw Dhjango.

mehn quentin tarantino can b crazy at times,thats what pipo love abt him..but nolan isnt overhyped oo..that guy is fvcking good...i also like scorcese..d only good thing abt django was christopher waltzs acting..that man is really good
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by losprince(m): 6:48am On Jun 09, 2015
dubylhover:
am yet to see a movie as thought provoking as inception... too good to be bad.
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by dubylhover(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2015
losprince:
am yet to see a movie as thought provoking as inception... too good to be bad.

i swr,starting frm d whole concept,to d planning,to d actors...even d end still got us thinking
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by severee(m): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
GJames:

The voice was awesome, but ultron wasn't so superb. Watch and bash quick make i laugh

Looooool wink roger that!
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by Ruq: 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
dubylhover:

mehn quentin tarantino can b crazy at times,thats what pipo love abt him..but nolan isnt overhyped oo..that guy is fvcking good...i also like scorcese..d only good thing abt django was christopher waltzs acting..that man is really good

I definitely agree about Waltz acting in django. Scorcese is definitely on point, watch Shutter Island and you'll love him even more.
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by Ruq: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
dubylhover:

i swr,starting frm d whole concept,to d planning,to d actors...even d end still got us thinking

Watch shutter Island, fight Club, The departed, gone baby gone. Those are the kind of movies that make you wish you were a director or an actor.
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by dubylhover(m): 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ruq:

Watch shutter Island, fight Club, The departed, gone baby gone. Those are the kind of movies that make you wish you were a director or an actor.

i have watched d 4 of dem nd they ar good...fight club was a hug success mostly cos of d performance or brad pitt..edward norton also acted anoda film likm like that whr he had dual personality ish,nd d movie was also good,but no actor really d film...sometimes,actors make movies exceptional,shutter island is a very nice film..the departed is also good,with all d twists here nd dr..dicaprio being d good guy nd damon being d bad guy,but guy,all dx films ar not as good as inception..do yu knw that inception got yu thinking right to d very last scene,no one knws weda don cobbs was still dreaming,im a huge fan of dicaprio,cos that guy doesnt accept shittu roles
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by dubylhover(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ruq:

I definitely agree about Waltz acting in django. Scorcese is definitely on point, watch Shutter Island and you'll love him even more.
but y is it that scorsece is yet to win an oscar sad
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by losprince(m): 12:29am On Jun 10, 2015
Ruq:

The plot was ruined after they entered the rich guys dream and embarked in an almost pointless action.
please what was pointless about the action?
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by rapmike(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2015
Ruq:
Losprince, LarrySun ,
I feel honoured smiley Yeah I could visit, but I have to watch from the sidelines first. Because people don't just get when you point out the flaws in a work art. They think I'm just hating.

Yinxfun if you read well you'll notice I said most, not all the movies.
I support Larrysun on this. We do need quality critics on Nairaland. As for the hating matter, people tend to do that when they are just starting, after some time they get used to it and even thank you for the criticism, as far as its constructive.

How about Kunle Afolayan's movies like Figurine and October 1? What do you make of them?
Re: Ten Things Hollywood Does Wrong by ApexTitan(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
Something Hollywood usually does wrong: computers!

In the movies and in many series too computers make funny noises when running a search or displaying information on the screen. Nobody's computer does that in real life!

Hacking of networks is also portrayed wrongly on screen, it's slow and meticulous work in real life if at all possible, but in the movies and on shows like NCIS, networks are hacked as easily as breaking an egg. I don't want to mention the technobabble that the hackers or computer operators say when describing how they breached a network; I was able to find an open socket on the DNS server so I reconfigured the access list using HTML5 and rerouted traffic through the alternate firewall now I'm in. Nonsense. They also use unrealistic IP addresses, what the hell is 10.805.039

Let's not forget mobile phones. On television calls connect at the first dial, phone networks are never congested. In some shows mobile phones have dial tones! shocked An actor makes a call on his mobile phone, the other person hangs up and we hear the dial tone. Today's mobile phones don't have dial tones!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones: Who Is The Worst Character So Far? From Season 1-6 / Easy Steps On How To Download Your Favorite Korean Drama/movies / Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.