Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? (14409 Views)

3 Things You Should Do Before Proposing To A Nigerian Lady / Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park / Wife Always Accuse Him Of Not Being Romantic After Watching Telemundo Channel.! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 3:33am On May 19, 2015
nkemdi89:
One of the straight proposal I ever heard in my life. A police man on my friend zone back then called me and I told him my location he drove down to the place where I was in a middle of an occassion and I went to meet him, he ordered me into his hilux with ak 47 by his side. The next I heard was " you go marry me abi you no go marry me" talk now make I know o so that make I call my people for kaduna.
Lmao!! Hahahahahahhahahahah!!

Nigerian men grin

Burger01, if you try this with me, na gidigbo we go fight for road. tongue

Eyop, I expect my your proposal inside the 'container' cheesy
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 3:40am On May 19, 2015
joebeckz:

brother. mine was romantic and till date. my woman talks about it. u have a storey building? if no den u have a bedroom I guess. on a good day, call her and pretend to be sick. its expected she would rush down. good. dress 2 pretty kids in white or her favorite colour and de should hide in d bathroom in your room or wardrobe. be in ur sitting room on d couch. wen she comes. tell her to go to ur room and get u ur medicine. ur friends and hers should be hiding close by. wen she heads to d room. follow her with ur friends. a romantic song should be playing in d room. a pink or white bedspread. den red rose flowers scattered on d bed. den a bigger flower in d middle with d ring under. den d kids would come out with a banner. will u marry me. u and ur frnds would appear behind her and u could tek d ring and ask. da was myn. I have d video cos CCTV recorded it.u could use a camera placed to capture it if u want. unfortunately my lady and I parted ways but that is not a discussion for now. goodluxk.
So upon all the feferity you guys still parted?

So you see, the simpler the better. Just simply tell her 'arabirin, let's get married'. Simple as ABC. No time for all any extravaganza.

The weirdest proposal I've ever received was one fellow who thought it fit to propose to me by text message. When I challenged him on this unconventional and highly unromantic proposal, he replied (still by text message) that his father proposed to his mother via Nipost. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 3:44am On May 19, 2015
NobleG1:

You want something ROMANTIC and MEMORABLE?

Arrange something with the best restaurant in your location or in another city. Tell the restaurant manager or owner (recommended) that you want a special table in a public setting, where everybody in the restaurant can see what will happen at your table. The table should be decorated with candles, red rose, a expensive red wine and a bottle of Moët & Chandon placed in its ice bucket (if you can afford it) or use an alternative. I want you to go big, your woman deserves it. Also tell them the type of food your woman loves.

Next, arrange for a well dressed, beautiful actress or a normal chic (who can act flawlessly). This girl must be beautiful and will act as your side chic. She will come to burst you at your table while you're dining with your woman. Make sure the restaurant owner or manager is fully informed of your plan to avoid being kicked out, because you're going to make a scene. There will be a little noise and it will attract full attention of all the unsuspecting restaurant customers. You may have someone video what will happen secretly, your future kids will love it.

Tell your woman that you wish to have dinner with her at a new joint someone recommended. On the D day, take her to the restaurant, she will love your special table's romantic setting. After you guys finish your meals (she needs to, at least, enjoy her food), the "misery" girl will come inside the restaurant, pick a table and order a drink. When the drink arrives, she will head straight to your table. You'll pretend to be shocked to see her. Mind you, your fiancee will be watching your reaction and the girl's carefully to know what's going on. However she reacts, DON'T laugh or smile, you MUST be dead serious.

The following dialogue should ensue;

Girl: Hi
You: Hi
Girl: What's going on?
You: Like what?
Girl: Who's this by the way? (pointing at your woman)
You: This my girlfriend and who're you? Please don't disrupt our dinner.
Girl: What? Your girlfriend? So you've another girlfriend? Why didn't you tell me you're a casanova? You've been sleeping with me and telling me you love me? You even told me yesterday, you love me!
You: I don't know you, please leave us alone.
Girl: Oh! You don't know me again? I've caught you with a girl and now you don't know me again? Is this why you didn't return my calls today? (pointing at your woman).
You: I don't know what you're talking about. If you don't leave us alone, I'll call security to forcefully remove you.
Girl: Call whoever you want to call! How could you do this to me?! How could you? Is this how you treat women? Is this how you want to end our 3 year relationship? This is wrong!! (she throws her drink on you and leaves).

By now your woman's anger level has reached 200 to 250%. To bring things back to normal immediately, the restaurant manager or owner should start walking towards your table clapping while the girl follows and of course you kneel with one knee, flash your engagement ring and propose to your woman. Your fiancee and her friends will have something to talk about for the rest of her life.
Joblessness.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 3:50am On May 19, 2015
daclint:
Buy one sachet of fufu, aka santana, put the ring inside, give it to the girl and tell her to chew it slowly, once her teeth jarm the ring, then pop the question
Lmao!!

Greatidonis, I like this suggestion. Or you could wrap the ring inside a clear, transparent nylon (make sure you wash it very well) embed the ring in the eba/fufu/semo, prepare her favourite soup and serve it to her. When her fingers 'jarm' the ring, do the proposal grin grin
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Burger01(m): 4:12am On May 19, 2015
Ishilove:
Nigerian men grin
You can't ever imagine where I would propose to you...smiley

**Looks for roadmap to Sambisa**
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by joebeckz(m): 6:27am On May 19, 2015
Ishilove:

So upon all the feferity you guys still parted?

So you see, the simpler the better. Just simply tell her 'arabirin, let's get married'. Simple as ABC. No time for all any extravaganza.

The weirdest proposal I've ever received was one fellow who thought it fit to propose to me by text message. When I challenged him on this unconventional and highly unromantic proposal, he replied (still by text message) that his father proposed to his mother via Nipost. Lol

Lolz @Nipost. I like DAT dude. Yes we parted but I don't regret and that has left a memory on her mind forever. The pain of love is best told by those who have loved,the joy of making up is only felt by those who have once broken up. Though there will b no come back but while it lasted,we enjoyed it. Our reasons for separation was huge. She hid something she wasn't supposed to hide. Better get hurt temporarily than live with d pain for life. U won't understand sha.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:36am On May 19, 2015
njuwo:
Rent a boat, take her on a boat ride to the middle of the atlantic ocean, and pop the one million dollar question to her like this, ''Marry me, or, leave my boat now!''. I bet you, she will have no option than to say yes. And it will be memorable in her heart and yours.

What if nah ijaw girl?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by SeverusSnape(m): 7:50am On May 19, 2015
njuwo:
Rent a boat, take her on a boat ride to the middle of the atlantic ocean, and pop the one million dollar question to her like this, ''Marry me, or, leave my boat now!''. I bet you, she will have no option than to say yes. And it will be memorable in her heart and yours.
MA Nigga! grin
I love this mode of proposal. I've just gotten an idea.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Mariojane(f): 7:59am On May 19, 2015
geedeex2:
If it has nothing to do with ROMANCE ,why is it called AROMAnTIC SCHNAPP ?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i can't stop laughing here. u can't be serious abeg don't kill the poor girl ooo
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by njuwo(m): 8:35am On May 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What if nah ijaw girl?
If na Ijaw girl, na helicopter you go rent go the center of the air. Make i see how she wan take escape am.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by nkemdi89(f): 10:48am On May 19, 2015
Ishilove:

Nigerian men grin

Hahahahahaha dat one get time for long thing o.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Eyop: 10:54am On May 19, 2015
Ishilove:

Nigerian men grin

Ishilove,so how you want make i do my own? I no get time for all those yeye ooo
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Greatidonis: 1:00pm On May 19, 2015
Nairalanders una too funny, cheesy.... comedians full here oh way suppose dey make money like basket mouth and Alibaba. Shoo.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by MrPresident1: 2:20pm On May 19, 2015
njuwo:
If na Ijaw girl, na helicopter you go rent go the center of the air. Make i see how she wan take escape am.

What if na 'Airforce' member?
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 19, 2015
Serious question but no answer here.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by MrPresident1: 2:39pm On May 19, 2015
Acidosis:
These stuffs irritate me. Of what use is kneeling in public and getting all the useless attention?

Well, since everyone has adopted the senseless western culture, some of us have no choice but to do it. Personally, I don't find it attractive, I still wonder the gain people derive from it.

Asking a woman you've been sleeping with since the past 2 years "will you marry me?" is the most s t u p i d question ever asked in the history of man.

The moment she said YES to the relationship marks the beginning & preparation towards marriage (not applicable to those who date for other reasons best known to them).

Good talk.

You been don dey slam am for over two years, yet you still dey ask am say 'will you marry me'?

You are already fully married in God's sight anyways, all others things na feferity.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Acidosis(m): 2:56pm On May 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

Good talk.

You been don dey slam am for over two years, yet you still dey ask am say 'will you marry me'?

You are already fully married in God's sight anyways, all others things na feferity.

exactly

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by NobleG1(m): 3:54pm On May 19, 2015
Ishilove:

Joblessness.

What's your point? That you haven't had any romantic gesture from anyone doesn't equate others lack it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 12:33am On May 20, 2015
joebeckz:

Lolz @Nipost. I like DAT dude. Yes we parted but I don't regret and that has left a memory on her mind forever. The pain of love is best told by those who have loved,the joy of making up is only felt by those who have once broken up. Though there will b no come back but while it lasted,we enjoyed it. Our reasons for separation was huge. She hid something she wasn't supposed to hide. Better get hurt temporarily than live with d pain for life. U won't understand sha.
Who says I won't understand? My dear, I too have loved and lost so I perfectly understand your sentiments. Well, a broken relationship is better than a joyless marriage.

I just feel life is complicated. Why complicate it further by elaborate proposals? I'd appreciate the romantic gestures more in marriage than in a relationship because therein lies the true test of love and patience.

As for the fellow I mentioned, he was dead serious about the proposal. I was wondering why he was using his father's Nipost proposal as a source of inspiration.

I was like ''Niqqa, you ain't Y2K compliant!!'' cheesy

I do think proposing by letter is sweet: old fashioned but sweet. You could spray the letter with perfume and pen down some lines using Victorian English, like we used to do in secondary school. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 12:37am On May 20, 2015
NobleG1:

What's your point? That you haven't had any romantic gesture from anyone doesn't equate others lack it.
Stop spewing crap. You don't know me from anywhere so how do you know I haven't had romantic gestures shown to me?

I repeat: J O B L E S S N E S S.

Joblessness will cause a person to go through all that fanfare to ask a simple question that two serious minded in a relationship people already know the answer to.

And lest I forget, quit the Telemundo addiction. You have stars in your eyes.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 12:48am On May 20, 2015
Eyop:

Ishilove,so how you want make i do my own? I no get time for all those yeye ooo

Ishilove:

I do think proposing by letter is sweet: old fashioned but sweet. You could spray the letter with perfume and pen down some beautiful lines using Victorian English, like we used to do in secondary school. cheesy cheesy grin
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 12:49am On May 20, 2015
MrPresident1:

Good talk.

I fear you. You na badt guy grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by NobleG1(m): 3:13am On May 20, 2015
Ishilove:

Stop spewing crap. You don't know me from anywhere so how do you know I haven't had romantic gestures shown to me?

I repeat: J O B L E S S N E S S.

Joblessness will cause a person to go through all that fanfare to ask a simple question that two serious minded in a relationship people already know the answer to.

And lest I forget, quit the Telemundo addiction. You have stars in your eyes.

I can understand you're not romantic as you're not used to it. My previous statement still stands- "That you haven't had any romantic gesture from anyone doesn't equate others lack it". In other words, that nothing is going for you doesn't mean it's the same for others.

Different people show their romantic side to their partners in many different ways, it could be big or low-key, that's life. It seems you've been getting j*erks as boyfriends. Try to get a better person to treat you right (instead of being bitter) because you're really lacking there.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 7:46am On May 20, 2015
NobleG1:

I can understand you're not romantic as you're not used to it. My previous statement still stands- "That you haven't had any romantic gesture from anyone doesn't equate others lack it". In other words, that nothing is going for you doesn't mean it's the same for others.

Different people show their romantic side to their partners in many different ways, it could be big or low-key, that's life. It seems you've been getting j*erks as boyfriends. Try to get a better person to treat you right (instead of being bitter) because you're really lacking there.
Yadayadayada. Grow up kiddo. You really need it.
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by joebeckz(m): 8:48am On May 20, 2015
Ishilove:

Who says I won't understand? My dear, I too have loved and lost so I perfectly understand your sentiments. Well, a broken relationship is better than a joyless marriage.

I just feel life is complicated. Why complicate it further by elaborate proposals? I'd appreciate the romantic gestures more in marriage than in a relationship because therein lies the true test of love and patience.

As for the fellow I mentioned, he was dead serious about the proposal. I was wondering why he was using his father's Nipost proposal as a source of inspiration.

I was like ''Niqqa, you ain't Y2K compliant!!'' cheesy

I do think proposing by letter is sweet: old fashioned but sweet. You could spray the letter with perfume and pen down some lines using Victorian English, like we used to do in secondary school. cheesy cheesy grin
hahahahahahahahaha. his dad may be his mentor so what do u expect. u haven't disclosed to us whether u said yes/no. with reason if no was ur answer.
I still like ur likeness for simplicity in a proposal but I still bliv it is all about the kind of guy u meet. for me,I like trying new romantic things DAT hit my head irrespective of d cost,I would still show bigger gesture after tying d knot. if ur man decides a proposal like myn and u love him,u wouldn't say no and vice versa so I think its up to d guy to do it his way. I bliv pple cherish memories so I like to keep that moment memorable enough. hope u get?
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 8:54am On May 20, 2015
joebeckz:

hahahahahahahahaha. his dad may be his mentor so what do u expect. u haven't disclosed to us whether u said yes/no. with reason if no was ur answer.
I still like ur likeness for simplicity in a proposal but I still bliv it is all about the kind of guy u meet. for me,I like trying new romantic things DAT hit my head irrespective of d cost,I would still show bigger gesture after tying d knot. if ur man decides a proposal like myn and u love him,u wouldn't say no and vice versa so I think its up to d guy to do it his way. I bliv pple cherish memories so I like to keep that moment memorable enough. hope u get?
Lol. I texted him back: ''this is not a matter to be discussed by text message. When we meet, we shall discuss it further.''

Apparently he took that answer as a 'no' and never bothered me again. grin
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by joebeckz(m): 9:02am On May 20, 2015
Ishilove:

Lol. I texted him back: ''this is not a matter to be discussed by text message. When we meet, we shall discuss it further.''

Apparently he took that answer as a 'no' and never bothered me again. grin
u see d less serious proposal d easier to let go. ur reply did not give impression that u declined. he was not serious from d start so better buy into my idea of a non letter proposal jareh. all d writing wey u write for school and still writing in office never tire u? abi person be secretary of life?
Re: How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? by Ishilove: 9:09am On May 20, 2015
joebeckz:

u see d less serious proposal d easier to let go. ur reply did not give impression that u declined. he was not serious from d start so better buy into my idea of a non letter proposal jareh. all d writing wey u write for school and still writing in office never tire u? abi person be secretary of life?
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Her Boyfriend Won't Reveal His Surname And Age / Husband Calls Police Emergency Line To Report His Wife's Loud Snoring / Wife vs Husband : Family vs Career. Help Needed please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.