Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport (3034 Views)

At Last, Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge / Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 / Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by superstar1(m): 11:26am On May 18, 2015
The management of the Lekki Port Lagos Free Trade Zone Enterprise has announced the commencement of work on the construction of the N325bn Lekki seaport situated in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos State.

The total value of the marine and land infrastructure for the L port was given as N156bn.

The contractors for the project, the EPC Contractors and China Harbour Engineering LFTZ Enterprise, received an advance payment of N1.42bn from the Lagos State Government at a ceremony held in Lekki on Saturday.

The event was attended by the Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority, Alhaji Sanusi Bayero; Head, Corporate Finance, Standard Chartered Bank, West Africa, Mr. Leke Ogunlewe; Lagos State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Mrs. Olusola Oworu; Senior Vice-President/Chief Executive Officer, Africa Region, International Container Terminal Services Incorporated, Jens Floe; and Managing Director, CHELE, Mr. Wang Zhichao, among others.

The Managing Director, Lekki Port, Mr. Haresh Aswani, said, “We are honoured to be part of this promise. We thank the Federal Government of Nigeria and its agency, the NPA, and the Lagos State Government for their support as we look forward to this partnership.

“We congratulate the EPC Contractors, CHELE and our terminal container operator, the ICTSI, on achieving this significant milestone that pushes the project from a development phase into a full construction phase.”

Aswani urged the incoming government to work with private enterprises to build the needed infrastructure in the country.

He added that the Lekki port was a model that could be replicated by providing long term policies that would attract similar investments.

Bayero described the notice-to-proceed on construction issued to the contractors as a quantum leap and expressed the resolve of the NPA to tap into the huge market provided.

He said, “As a port authority, we see potential for growth and strive to make it a reality at all times. A port with a depth of 16.5 metres will allow bigger vessels to berth.

“This will enable our ports to be enormously competitive due to economy of scale and it will have positive macroeconomic impact on Nigeria in terms of employment, taxes and royalties. As we begin the consummation of our strategic alliance with the promoters of this project, the NPA will not waver in its continued support.”

Oworu urged the promoters of the project to ensure its development at a rapid pace so that the port could become operational within the set timeframe.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by superstar1(m): 11:29am On May 18, 2015
At this rate Lekki axis will soon turn to another Apapa.

1. Refinery

2. Free Trade Zone

3. Airport

4. Seaport.

10 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by PassingShot(m): 11:33am On May 18, 2015
Another good news from an APC government.

Some people will not like it though but we don't care.

8 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Nobody: 11:36am On May 18, 2015
PassingShot:
Another good news from an APC government.

Some people will not like it though but we don't care.
grin

If there's one thing I'm happy about its the continuity lagos would be getting

12 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Nobody: 11:39am On May 18, 2015
LAGOS - ALWAYS AHEAD OF OTHERS.

11 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Nobody: 11:40am On May 18, 2015
walexy30:
LAGOS - ALWAYS AHEAD OF OTHERS.
Yes ooo.....but watch some people come and compare Akwa ibom to Lagos grin

11 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by PassingShot(m): 11:45am On May 18, 2015
sarahatuba:

grin

If there's one thing I'm happy about its the continuity lagos would be getting

Yes ooo. Had PDP gotten their hands on Lagos, what they made of Nigeria would have been a child's play compared to what would have been made of Lagos. cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by superstar1(m): 11:48am On May 18, 2015
It is only a guarantee of peace, security, conducive environment and access to knowledgeable workforce that can bring this level of investment into your land.

Threatening investors, kidnapping investors, barricading the gates of companies, demanding payments for nothing from companies and hooliganism can never bring such.

6 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by ba7man(m): 11:49am On May 18, 2015
sarahatuba:

I'm going to Akwa Ibom to dance "sekem" on their roads next week.

Care to join me?

3 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Meiji(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2015
It's like those Lekki people haven't experienced what the Apapa people are experiencing. When TRAFFIC starts on that road, you will beg the Federal Government to relocate the port.

1 Like

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by superstar1(m): 11:52am On May 18, 2015
Meiji:
It's like those Lekki people haven't experienced what the Apapa people are experiencing. When TRAFFIC starts on that road, you will beg the Federal Government to relocate the port.

It is not FG's port.

8 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Meiji(m): 11:54am On May 18, 2015
superstar1:

It is not FG's port.

Building of ports is on the exclusive list. No one can build a port without FG approval.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Nobody: 11:55am On May 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Yes ooo. Had PDP gotten their hand on Lagos, what they made of Nigeria would have been a child's play compared to what would have been made of Lagos. cheesy cheesy
I'm telling you....with the way they lost the presidential election and their federal funding grin......lagos would have been their money bag cheesy.....I'm sure bode George was rubbing his hands together somewhere like birdman grin

I don't even want to imagine how much damage they'd cause

8 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Nobody: 11:57am On May 18, 2015
ba7man:
I'm going to Akwa Ibom to dance "sekem" on their roads next week.

Care to join me?
Don't worry I'll dance 'shoki' on lagos roads grin

Thanks for the offer tho smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by superstar1(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2015
Meiji:

Building of ports is on the exclusive list. No one can build a port without FG approval.

Approval is different from owning.

Approval is exclusive duty of FG.

Lekkki Seaport is owned by Private Investors and Lagos State Govt, with minimal investment by FG. FG came into the party very late when it saw the viability.

Just the same way MMA2 belongs to Bi Courtney which is owned by Dr Wale Babalakin.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by ba7man(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2015
sarahatuba:

Don't worry I'll dance 'shoki' on lagos roads grin

Thanks for the offer tho smiley
Anytime toots.

Just incase you change your mind, you'll find me under that flyover that some Nairaland Ibomites love to post pics of staring at it...........

1 Like

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 18, 2015
ba7man:
Anytime toots.

Just incase you change your mind, you'll find me under that flyover that some Nairaland Ibomites love to post pics of staring at it...........
Loool ok sir cheesy
Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:11pm On May 18, 2015
Meiji:
It's poor planning that causes traffic. This is the exact problem you encounter when you go to the Murtala Muhammed Airport. The road that leads to it from Agege Motor Way, just behind Airforce Base, is just four lanes.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by superstar1(m): 12:16pm On May 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

It's poor planning that causes traffic. This is the exact problem you encounter when you go to the Murtala Muhammed Airport. The road that leads to it from Agege Motor Way, just behind Airforce Base, is just four lanes.

With the projects that are on-going in Lekki axis, I am fearing for that axis in 10years time.

Airport, FTZ, Refinery and Seaport - you can imagine the impact of all those projects in years to come.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:34pm On May 18, 2015
superstar1:

With the projects that are on-going in Lekki axis, I am fearing for that axis in 10years time.

Airport, FTZ, Refinery and Seaport - you can imagine the impact of all those projects in years to come.
I fear too, but with good planning, what is experienced in MMIA and the Apapa Seaport won't be experienced.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by superstar1(m): 12:37pm On May 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I fear too, but with good planning, what is experienced in MMIA and the Apapa Seaport won't be experienced.

I pray so.

That axis will need a 10lane highway, to.cope with the traffic smoothly.

1 Like

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Boss13: 12:38pm On May 18, 2015
Meiji:

You have a point. Our town planners are very poor in planning. Traffic in lekki is already congested. I hope they will build alternative route to this seaport.
Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Meiji(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2015
Boss13:

You have a point. Our town planners are very poor in planning. Traffic in lekki is already congested. I hope they will build alternative route to this seaport.

Let's hope so. Because given the fact that our railway sector isn't really up and running, the Lekki roads will inevitably be plied by trailers and tankers (assuming we continue to import fuel).

Let's hope the Lekki expressway doesn't suffer the same fate as Apapa-Oshodi, else Lagos will become unbearable to live in.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Meiji(m): 12:45pm On May 18, 2015
superstar1:

Impact on the roads, impact on business activities, impact on the productivity of Lagosians...
Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Eshinwaju: 12:47pm On May 18, 2015
sarahatuba:

grin grin grin grin grin...seriously....we need to stop publicising these good news....more of them will soon appear on our borders and claim it is no man's land o.... wink cheesy....jealousy na bad thing..... cheesy....Ekene Dili Chukwu loading..... grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 18, 2015
Eshinwaju:

grin grin grin grin grin...seriously....we need to stop publicising these good news....more of them will appear on our borders and claim it is no man's land.... wink cheesy....jealousy na bad thing..... cheesy....Ekene Dili Chukwu loading..... grin
grin yes ooo.....some of their BP don dey rise grin

3 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by deebsman1(m): 1:39pm On May 18, 2015
Boss13:

Now lets stop the usual blame game that we are all so used to as Nigerians. What could be the possible solution? I think to start with, there should be enough overhead bridges along that express, 1 at lekki roundabout, another 1 starting from chisco bus-stop to around igbo-efon and another one just before Ajah up to Abraham Adesanya and the state government should just endeavor to finish the rest of the road up to Epe and that's all, that would manage the traffic situation to a large extent, or they should try to instal enuff traffic lights just like what they have on Ozumba in VI, that way, can also minimize things by regulating, i think those are the kinds of thing the incoming Ambode government should just focus on.

1 Like

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by mikolo80: 1:43pm On May 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Yes ooo. Had PDP gotten their hand on Lagos, what they made of Nigeria would have been a child's play compared to what would have been made of Lagos. cheesy cheesy
And so...no be to vote them out after 4 years, patata 8 yrs
Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by mikolo80: 1:48pm On May 18, 2015
superstar1:

Approval is different from owning.

Approval is exclusive duty of FG.

Lekkki Seaport is owned by Private Investors and Lagos State Govt, with minimal investment by FG. FG came into the party very late when it saw the viability.

Just the same way MMA2 belongs to Bi Courtney which is owned by Justice Babalakin.
na wa o
see as only you waka come com give babalakin justice
no ench no judicial commission no nothing
i hail thee o
Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by Shittaakeem(m): 2:09pm On May 18, 2015
Lagos the capital of Yoruba republic
Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by oduastates: 2:18pm On May 18, 2015
Good job
Party hard, work smart.
My only grudge against this project is the involvement of the federal government( done to get buy-in) . The LASG could have sourced the 10% equity the FG is holding, from odua states citizens.the same way those miracle banks were able to fleece people out of their money.
The SW government should start thinking about ways to bring some of the millions of first eleven,who are resident overseas, back home.
Skill transfer is very important. Especially in terms of administration, science engineering and IT

Also, 21 century Technical education and formalising some of the existing trades like bricklaying, carpentry, butcher,mechanic will be another to move further ahead of the country pack

4 Likes

Re: Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport by aresa: 2:22pm On May 18, 2015
Eko o ni baje o.....

Shittaakeem:
Lagos the capital of Yoruba republic

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Pics Of Buhari & Osinbajo Cutting Independence Day Cake While Saraki Watches / ‘Nigeria Is Sitting On A Keg Of Gun Powder,’ OBJ / The Witch Of Washington Is About To Get Exposed On Her Links To Bokos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.