Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship (13442 Views)

EFCC Finds $86m Paris Club Refund In Ngf’s Account / Fayose Faults Yari’s Emergence As NGF Chairman / Akpabio Sits Next To Amaechi At NGF Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by lalasticlala(m): 2:50pm On May 18, 2015
Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and Zamfara State Governor, Abdulaziz Yari are top contenders for the chairmanship of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, NGF, whose election is expected to hold Monday in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.

The forum, hitherto encompassing governors from all political parties and which is expected to foster unity amongst the state governors, became polarised in 2013 following the claims and counter-claims by Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State and his Plateau State counterpart, Jonah Jang, to the leadership of the association after a disputed election.

In the election, Amaechi got 19 votes against Jang’s 16 votes. However, Jang was declared winner because he enjoyed the support of the Presidency and a few governors who were also dancing to the tune of Aso Rock.

This led to the defection of Amaechi and four other governors to the APC.

Now that a fresh election is taking place, there are indications that some governors under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, may boycott it, as they are insisting that their outgoing colleagues should not participate in efforts to revamp the forum.

Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson of PDP, in a paid advertorial in national newspapers on Sunday, insisted that only incoming governors should fully participate in the process of electing a new chairman of the forum in order to avert another crisis within the forum.

According to Dickson, “it has come to my knowledge that my distinguished and respected senior colleagues, the outgoing governors, whose tenures will be ending May 29, 2015, have summoned a meeting of the purported Nigeria Governors’ Forum for Monday, May 18, 2015. Among other things on the card for discussion, I understand, may be the selection of a new leadership of the forum.

“Having participated in the activities of the NGF at the period during its crisis with my respected colleagues, most of whom are now ending their respective governorship tenures, and having also known the roles played by most of the key actors of the forum in the orchestration and mismanagement of a needless crisis at such a critical phase in our nation’s political journey, I owe it as a duty to our country and its fledgling democracy to alert the nation and caution my respected colleagues, especially the in-coming governors of the dangers in allowing themselves to be railroaded by the outgoing governors, most of whom created the NGF crisis, to foist on our country and political system another NGF contraption (in their own image and likeness) that will in due course threaten the stability of our democracy and be a distraction to citizens and the leadership of our country, as the NGF tussle has done between 2013 to date.”

He further stated: “Our nation and democracy cannot afford another NGF whose leaders will develop ambitions and use same to undermine the federal government or be a threat to the stability and peace of our country and their political parties. I have shared these views with Governors Amaechi, Jang, Akpabio and others. I have also shared it with some of the incoming governors. Let all the issues of the NGF be handled by the governors who will be left after May 29. The secretariat should be told to receive the handing over notes from the two leaders and be prepared to give account when the need arises.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/18/oshiomhole-2-others-battle-for-ngf-chair/

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by hadizadeezy(f): 2:53pm On May 18, 2015
why oshiomole no carry him beautiful wife follow as deputy?

haters go and die!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by nwafuluozoh: 2:53pm On May 18, 2015
yeye people.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by winetapper: 2:54pm On May 18, 2015
all i want to see is that change.. Thats all

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by okiezman(m): 2:55pm On May 18, 2015
Na them know
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by vybrant(m): 2:55pm On May 18, 2015
Aren't they content with their political offices as governors?
power is indeed intoxicating

the last guy face dey like who ready to smash anything wey block im road
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by ionsman: 2:57pm On May 18, 2015
hadizadeezy:
why oshiomole no carry him beautiful wife follow as deputy?

haters go and die!
What has oshiomhole's wife go to do with this? Enough of this woman's matter.

I want oshiomhole to have it maybe because he is my state governor.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 18, 2015
grin

Aboki is my guy!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by MrPresident1: 3:04pm On May 18, 2015
Oshiomhole nor go get time to handle that post o.

Deuteronomy 24:5
When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.

26 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 18, 2015
Time wasting organization. What benefit is GF contributing to the Nigerian mass

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by Raskasal(m): 3:05pm On May 18, 2015
Hmmm, Okorocha. I give it to him

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by CR77(f): 3:05pm On May 18, 2015
grin Here we go again tongue
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by Spaxon(f): 3:05pm On May 18, 2015
how dat one take concern me undecided
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by Spaxon(f): 3:05pm On May 18, 2015
Thieves
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by felai: 3:05pm On May 18, 2015
No be do or die o.
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by felai: 3:06pm On May 18, 2015
May the best man win.

New Samsung Galaxy tab 3 7.0 available for sale. Wifi and 3g sim enabled LTE version

Call or whatsapp 080-5115-0299

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by agborodun: 3:06pm On May 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by stag: 3:07pm On May 18, 2015
Okorocha is recklessly ambitious.
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by CR77(f): 3:07pm On May 18, 2015
cool cool
Spaxon:
how dat one take concern me undecided
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by adepiero: 3:08pm On May 18, 2015
If only they battled with guns and not words.

Am sure the argument oshiomole will be having is "Who has the most beautiful wife" undecided
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by naijainfogalery: 3:08pm On May 18, 2015
lol
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by CR77(f): 3:08pm On May 18, 2015
Wait na
winetapper:
all i want to see is that change.. Thats all
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by Helkayklassic(m): 3:08pm On May 18, 2015
I pray 16 won't be greater than 19 this time around.
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by condralbede(m): 3:09pm On May 18, 2015
k
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 18, 2015
Which of the Governor Forum; the outgoing ones?
Me sef no mind to be Governor of my class before our graduation on July
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by faezol(m): 3:09pm On May 18, 2015
That is none of my business
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by Beremx(f): 3:09pm On May 18, 2015
Rochas all the way!

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by tiamiyukunle69(m): 3:09pm On May 18, 2015
Kokanaye
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by Young03(m): 3:10pm On May 18, 2015
Lalaclatilala how u take know say na only the 3 go contest In d next 2mins u go push ds thread enta front page
Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:11pm On May 18, 2015
When I saw NGF, I thought it meant new girl friend.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship by gurunlocker: 3:11pm On May 18, 2015
what of aregberascal the recorder?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hunters: We Are Ready To Capture Shekau, Boko Haram Leader / No Screening For Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal, Others Now –PDP / Kenneth Okonkwo: Peter Obi Has Already Won The Election, There's No Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.