Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss (31930 Views)

My Honeymoon Trip To South Africa ( Pictures) / Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss / 6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 23, 2015
[quote author=Tallesty1 post=33933252]Nigerians finish their honey before they settle down.

So no honey moon.[/quote

Lol! True talk bro! Majority Decend on the honey before Marriage. Having only the Moon to deal with

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by oceanboi(m): 9:03pm On May 23, 2015
ADA mic com golf club in ADA Osun state is a nice place, a good honeymoon destination and cheap. You can also take a cab to Erin Ijesha Water fall (45mins), i.e. you can kill 2 birds with a stone**
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by preggy: 9:08pm On May 23, 2015
cityAdventures:
Kainji Park nko? Gurara dam? those resorts at akodo nko?

I don't know about Kainji Park but I have been to Gurara severally. Gurara is a nice place but no residential apartment in the vicinity except for minna (50 minutes drive away from gurara) or lambata ( 20 minutes drive away from gurara). Gurara is lovely place to be.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by 400billionman: 9:25pm On May 23, 2015
Bakassi Peninsula.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by amos4best(m): 9:43pm On May 23, 2015
mrsage:
I have a list of honeymoon destinations here in Nigeria. But i will love to know your opinion and current assessment.

1. Obudu Mountain Resort, Cross river
This is probably the 'most respected' tourist site in Nigeria. It is also ideal for a honeymoon get away. The Obudu Plateau offers peace, quiet, pampering and adventure.

2. Okomu National Park and Osos Hills in Edo State.

3. Ikogosi warm spring amd resort Ekiti

4. La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort Lagos

5. NLNG Residential Area in Bonny Island, Rivers State. Also Finima Beach and JV Camp

6. Badagry. This is a popular destination with multiple side attractions. In my opinion one of the best in Lagos. In Badagry you have beaches, museums, historical buildings and the reminders of Slave trade. You can also get some pretty decent hotels.

7. Yankari Games Reserve. Some of us are a little scared of travelling to the North but trust me Yankari is great. Recent research reveal that it has been rennovated and revived.
You can get to view a whole range of wide animals in Yankari.

8. Kanji Lake National Park.

9. Mic com Golf Resort, Ada, Osun State.

Also discovered this place called: Nike Lake Resort in Enugu. It has a natural lake. It is quiet and lovely.

Feel free to state your opinion or comment.
Have you paid a visit to any of these sites?

nice one @ op. bt giv us pix pls.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by odedipapa(m): 9:46pm On May 23, 2015
Some ladies finish their honey with guy No. 5 before they get married 2 years later to guy No 12.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Caracta(f): 10:15pm On May 23, 2015
I've visited almost all the places on the list and I've not even had my honeymoon. Oh well! sad

About Kainji National Park, nothing exciting. The place has lost its glory. Just visit the Dam and jet off to Yankari.

Erin-Jesha Waterfalls is another beautiful place if you are a lover of nature. Peaceful, serene and exciting. But be careful when you climb up the hills. I couldn't go past the 4th.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Deejaygold(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2015
[=#006600] IDANRE HILLS AND RESORT tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by dom(m): 11:38pm On May 23, 2015
Oguta blue lake. imo state. I hear it has been well repackaged and modernised.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by iamclime(m): 11:49pm On May 23, 2015
WILDLIFE SAFARI PARK, JOS.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by ufelove(m): 11:59pm On May 23, 2015
mrsage:
I have a list of honeymoon destinations here in Nigeria. But i will love to know your opinion and current assessment.

This is probably the 'most respected' tourist site in Nigeria. It is also ideal for a honeymoon get away. The Obudu Plateau offers peace, quiet, pampering and adventure.

5. NLNG Residential Area in Bonny Island, Rivers State. Also Finima Beach and JV Camp

6. Badagry. This is a popular destination with multiple side attractions. In my opinion one of the best in Lagos. In Badagry you have beaches, museums, historical buildings and the reminders of Slave trade. You can also get some pretty decent hotels.

7. Yankari Games Reserve. Some of us are a little scared of travelling to the North but trust me Yankari is great. Recent research reveal that it has been rennovated and revived.

Also discovered this place called: Nike Lake Resort in Enugu. It has a natural lake. It is quiet and lovely.

Hmmmm.. Ikogosi is not really a "honeymoon" place, but just vacation..
Micom Golf .. Mehn!! I love that place . Infact, its where I'm going for my own honeymoon.. Any girl that wants to join me, raise ur hand.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Chivee(f): 12:15am On May 24, 2015
mrsage:
The list will not be complete without the
Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State.
This place is simply breath taking and lovely

Fascinating features:

- Very extensive, lush, green, mountainous grasslands...giving an impression of series of mountains covered with a lovely green rug
- Cool climate all year round (much like the cold seasons in Europe, so much that you dare not bath with cold water in Mambilla except you want to freeze, for real!)
- No mosquitoes in Mambilla (of course, the cold climate does not favour their growth)
- when you talk or breathe heavily in Mambilla (especially in the mornings, but not exclusively so) you often see 'mist' coming from your mouth/ nostrils, exactly similar to what is noticed during winter in other climes.
- Many natural waters springs
- Many wild animals, especially monkeys roaming freely on the mountain sides
- Extensive beautiful softwood plantation, with lumbering activities
- Houses Super Eagles' high altitude training camp
- Beautiful tea plantation and a tea factory
- You can actually walk into Cameroon from Gembu grin
u didn't mention hotels...
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by gprezident(m): 1:33am On May 24, 2015
Honeymoon? I rememba 1 guy wen I dey skul, dis fukin guy no dey let me slip 4 nite, him and his girl,,,kpai kpai kpai,,, ask me dat kind 'honeystar' wey dem wan go do again...??
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by 9cbaby(f): 2:10am On May 24, 2015
And what about Erin Ijesha Water fall?
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Bollinger(m): 6:54am On May 24, 2015
mrsage:

Can you tell us more about this place?
Hope the security situation will not pose a threat?

Don't waste your time pondering. Just go to almost anywhere in Ghana for your honeymoon and you will not regret it. My company sent me there to complete a project a long time ago and I could not believe I was in an African country. Guess where I'm going to build my house for retirement?

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by pomide(m): 7:06am On May 24, 2015
mrsage:

that's how when we got to Cattle Ranch, dey say we can 'walk' to Cameroon, con see better 6 hours trekking to n fro just to see one dwarf village people village with maximum 4 houses.

That was the 'Cameroon'

don't be deceived
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by thegreengooner(m): 8:01am On May 24, 2015
NLNG RA for Honeymoon? Wow!!! grin grin grin grin

Is this a joke?

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by vicfajeze: 8:33am On May 24, 2015
Why not try sambisa ?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Ojestas(m): 9:12am On May 24, 2015
And my home town makes the list!! Miccom Golf Hotel and Resorts,ADA. grin
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nicepoker(m): 9:37am On May 24, 2015
Sambisa national park
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by yuskanovic(m): 1:36pm On May 24, 2015
mrsage:
The list will not be complete without the
Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State.
This place is simply breath taking and lovely

Fascinating features:

- Very extensive, lush, green, mountainous grasslands...giving an impression of series of mountains covered with a lovely green rug
- Cool climate all year round (much like the cold seasons in Europe, so much that you dare not bath with cold water in Mambilla except you want to freeze, for real!)
- No mosquitoes in Mambilla (of course, the cold climate does not favour their growth)
- when you talk or breathe heavily in Mambilla (especially in the mornings, but not exclusively so) you often see 'mist' coming from your mouth/ nostrils, exactly similar to what is noticed during winter in other climes.
- Many natural waters springs
- Many wild animals, especially monkeys roaming freely on the mountain sides
- Extensive beautiful softwood plantation, with lumbering activities
- Houses Super Eagles' high altitude training camp
- Beautiful tea plantation and a tea factory
I absolutely concur with ur points. The Mambila plateau could very easily be Nigeria's number one tourist destination if only it can be developed and reshaped by PPP effort. I was dir during my NYSC days in 2012 & the experience was breathtaking. The Mambilla plateau is actually 2000m above sea level and the temperature is pretty colder than that of jos. I hope to be there again some days in the nearest future.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by celestinho(m): 1:52pm On May 24, 2015
not leaving awkuwke beach aside. it's located in Enugu as well, a nice place to be
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by shegxi(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2015
Mambila plateau is d ish, i was dere in 2013. Dat place doesnt feel like nigeria at all. Nature at its best and finest. Also bn to d gumti park between taraba and adamawa. Dis country is blessed.
If nt for d insurgency and d stupid leaders we have, d north east of nigeria is a really beautiful place dat one can't get tired of.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by 4everGrand(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2015
shanda:
Check out Gashaka Gumti National Park. I doubt if u've heard about it. The Old Oyo National Park is also there.

The last sensible comment. After this every other commenter just went berserk.

Its well with all of una o.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by 4everGrand(m): 3:01pm On May 24, 2015
shegxi:
Mambila plateau is d ish, i was dere in 2013. Dat place doesnt feel like nigeria at all. Nature at its best and finest. Also bn to d gumti park between taraba and adamawa. Dis country is blessed.
If nt for d insurgency and d stupid leaders we have, d north east of nigeria is a really beautiful place dat one can't get tired of.

Someone once said Taraba state has the potential to be the richest state in Nigeria.

I served there and cannot agree less.

God help Nigeria.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Vision4God: 4:28pm On May 24, 2015
mrsage:

Can you tell us more about this place?
Hope the security situation will not pose a threat?

No No security wont be a threat. Its located a few kilometres from jos town. Twas formerly owned by some whites (where dey go n relax, havesome quiet tym for demselves etc

De handed it over to ECWA hu are d ones presently running it.

Accomodation and meals are cheap.
Quite a lot to write buh wud stop here 4 now
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:22pm On May 24, 2015
preggy:

I don't know about Kainji Park but I have been to Gurara severally. Gurara is a nice place but no residential apartment in the vicinity except for minna (50 minutes drive away from gurara) or lambata ( 20 minutes drive away from gurara). Gurara is lovely place to be.
This is paining me. Why can't we develop these places? Nigeria is seriously blessed.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by sarris(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2015
mrsage:

SAMBISA FOREST NORTH EAST NIGERIA.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by shegxi(m): 7:54pm On May 24, 2015
4everGrand:

Someone once said Taraba state has the potential to be the richest state in Nigeria.

I served there and cannot agree less.

God help Nigeria.
d person is right o bro. Taraba is a tourist haven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NCAA Extends Ban On International Flights Till October / Nigeria Is Safe — American Man Declares, As He Visits Ekiti State (pics And Vid) / Fatal Accident Between A Bus Driver And Volkswagen Car In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.