Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) (44253 Views)

At The End Of The Tunnel / The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life / The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2017
Chapter Nine - Time To Kill

Steven pulled a chair and sat in front of a wounded Biodun. They had fifteen minutes until they moved out and he planned to make the most of the situation. Mr. Raymond was standing at the gate keeping watch just in case there was cause to quickly take cover or look for a different exit. He was also standing on the lookout for Stella’s arrival. James monitored the cameras and networks, listening for anything that might spell danger for Steven and Raymond. So far, the coast was clear. Biodun held his injured leg groaning in pain. The wound was patched up but had begun to bleed slowly. He would survive albeit with a lot of pain.

“Biodun, listen to me. This can go either one of two ways. You can die here and everything you have worked for would be for nothing. Or, you can tell me what I want to know, give me all the information I need and I will strike a deal with you. I have the best hacker and IT genius as my right hand man. In exchange for your cooperation, we will give you a new identity and relocate you to a place where you can never be reached. I plan to take down ShadowCorp and when I do, you can come back. So, what do you say?”

“I will tell you whatever you need to know.”

“Good. Where is ShadowCorp’s headquarters?”

“I have no idea. Only top level lieutenants are privy to access that information.”

“What is ShadowCorp’s next mission and why are they targeting Mr Raymond?”

“I honestly don’t know. I only follow orders and act as I am instructed without asking questions.”

“So what do you actually know? So far all you have given me is zilch.” Steven barked, with obvious rage in his eyes.

“I am already in enough trouble as it is for speaking with you at all. The only times I have seen another top level agent with my boss is on Saturday’s when he comes to pick her for a certain meeting.”

“Where does she live? What’s her name?”

“Her name is Jessica. We call her Miss Jay. She stays at 17, Victoria Street Ogudu GRA. That is all I know.”

Steven was about to ask another question when Mr. Raymond popped in.

“Our ride is here.” Raymond said.

“You need to grab every device you can find, every bullet casing, gun, anything I can do a trace on.” James said into Steven’s earpiece.

“Roger that.” Steven replied.

Raymond and Steven moved room after room, taking everything they thought could be important. When they were done, they started to head out leaving Biodun behind. The bleeding on his leg had gotten worse.

“You said you were going to help me. Don’t leave me please.” Biodun begged.

Steven walked back to where Biodun sat on the floor, pulled out his Silverballer and pointed it at his head.

“Sorry. I lied.” He said and pulled the trigger.

“What did you do that for? He helped us!” James said into Steven’s ears.

“He was going to die anyways. I just saved him from having a slow and painful death. Besides, the day we begin to have pity on ShadowCorp is the day we forget our mission. Let’s stay on the path. These guys do not deserve pity.”

“So how do we get the information we need?”

“That’s what we have you for James. See you soon.” Steven finished. He pulled out the device from his ear and walked with Raymond to the gate where Stella was waiting in a Chevrolet Camaro. She ignored Steven’s greeting and asked how Raymond was faring. He simply nodded. After dropping all they had taken from the house in the trunk, Stella refused to allow Steven in the passenger seat but signalled for Mr Raymond to come instead.

Doors closed, Stella sped off into the distance.

Hakeem knocked on the gate of a huge two storey building. It was his third time visiting so he was no longer as surprised and awed as he was when he first came. The first time, he was taken aback at how one man could live in such a big place all by himself. Being currently out of work, he hoped that a man who owned such an edifice could find it in his heart to put him in his employ. So the meetings had dragged and he had been treated like family. He hoped that this time, the meeting would yield tangible results.

He knocked on the gate again.

“Usman!” he shouted

There was a shuffle, sound of feet and then metal clanging at the gate.

“Who is that?”

“Usman, you had better open this gate at once. What’s your problem?”

“Ah, Oga. I no know say na you o. Abeg no vex” Usman apologized as he unlocked the padlock and opened the gate.

Hakeem stepped into the now familiar compound. “Oga dey around?”

“Yes. He dey inside.”

As Hakeem walked to the main door, he turned his head just in time to see a lady come out from the gateman’s quarters and run outside. Hakeem just smiled to himself. It was not his business what Usman used his time for. He just hoped that Usman was careful enough to be discreet about his improper activities to avoid getting sacked. He let himself into the house and found his way into the waiting area, where he sat and waited for Sensei.

“Good morning Sensei. I hope I am not too early.”

“You are just in time Hakeem. I have to be somewhere in thirty minutes so it’s a good thing you are here. Take this.” Sensei said, handing him an envelope.

Hakeem, opened the envelope in anticipation of

ENJOY THE REST AT Kevin's Books
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Despirado121(m): 12:15am On Dec 31, 2017
kayemjay:

Thanks Boss
I am back. Updates today at 8pm (or so).
Just after the Manchester United match
welcome back bro
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by donkelz(m): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
Welcome back oga kelvin! More updates!
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 10:47am On Jan 03, 2018
Thanks guys for your comments.

Updates today at 8pm

1 Like

Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Dyoungstar: 11:15am On Jan 03, 2018
kayemjay:
Thanks guys for your comments.

Updates today at 8pm

Boss man, I never knew you still write.
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2018
Dyoungstar:

Boss man, I never knew you still write.

I still do boss...and I intend to write this year than I have ever written before
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Dyoungstar: 12:20am On Jan 06, 2018
kayemjay:

I still do boss...and I intend to write this year than I have ever written before

Good to hear that from you... I am watching out for your works.
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 5:40pm On May 05, 2018
CHAPTER 11 - REUNION

Hakeem walked into a very spacious room. The door closed automatically behind him the moment he stepped in. He studied the room closely; high ceiling, single entry and exit, wide walls and a damp smell. He had barely taken in the sights when the lights went off and everywhere went dark. He had an idea what was coming. Once upon a time, he had trained hard at blocking off one or two senses to enhance the others. This was no easy task as it came with a lot of patience and concentration. He could not see anything as it was pitch black but he could feel presence. He could not tell how many people were in the room with him but he knew they were not there to present him with gifts. Sensei had probably found out that he had this sort of skill and wanted to know for sure if it was true. He had come this far and was not about to go back now. The boss wanted a performance, he was going to get a show.

A punch landed on his chin. The pain ripped through his brain as he struggled to get his balance. He staggered to the ground and pushed himself up with his right hand. He took several steps, making sure he kept moving. He paced gingerly on his toes in haphazard directions, moving randomly to get a proper feel of how many people he had to deal with. He was expecting another blow but none had yet hit him. He was moving in circles getting accustomed to the room and identifying vibes from the hostiles in the room. There was a kick to his back, the force pushing him on the floor making him spiral until he hit a wall. He felt the wall and noticed that it had a rough surface. He recalled that when he first stepped into the room the side walls had a different texture to the other walls. This made him know where he was.
He got up, dashed to the centre of the room and waited. His hands were held up in an attacking stance ready for his next move. He had done some calculation and now had a rough estimate of how many people he had to deal with.

Someone came and stood directly in front of him. For seconds both men did not move. Hakeem was baiting. The man was taunting. Then it happened. The man launched a right punch at Hakeem’s throat but he weaved to the right, caught the man’s arm and twisted with all his might. The man yelped in pain. Still holding on to the man’s hand, Hakeem pulled the man closer and gave him a left punch in the jugular. As the man fell, he heard a plastic sound around the man’s body so he bent in the darkness and groped the man, looking for what the sound was. All the while, Hakeem kept his ears peeled for any sound or movement that indicated attack.

Hakeem touched the man all round and found something around his face. It was a night vision goggle. He unlocked it, put it around his head and was now able to see everything around him. There were three men and one woman surrounding him all wearing night vision goggles. Now he knew how they were able to see and attack him.

“Don’t be shy my friends. Now that I can see that you are just a bunch of kids, I will be gentle.” He taunted.

The four of them came at Hakeem simultaneously. In a combination of kicks, punches and a flurry of brilliant moves, they were all lying on the floor, writhing in pain. He approached the lady and picked her up with the intention of making an example of her when the door opened and the lights came back on.

“Enough, Hakeem. Time for your final test.”

It was Sensei. Even though he was happy at Hakeem’s performance, he wore a grimace that made it look as if he was displeased. Hakeem dropped the lady, pulled off the goggle, and stormed out of the room.

Stella moved into the bedroom, taking up a vantage position between the bed and the door. Her brother had given the go and she had done exactly as instructed. Now all they had to do was wait for the game to step into the trap.
There was a knock on the door, a pause and then another knock. Stella remained quiet, still, unmoving. The door opened and the man walked in, taking slow and deliberate steps. Timilehin looked around wondering why he was not met by a familiar face. She had sounded eager to meet him, more eager than their previous meetings so it felt awkward that she was not there to welcome him. He waited and listened for sounds. Nothing from the bathroom or kitchen. He immediately knew that something was wrong. Timilehin’s instincts were razor sharp. In his training and experienced, he knew that calling out her name was a bad idea so he doubled back and signalled to the two guards assigned to him. He directed one to the bathroom and the other one to the kitchen, while he took the bedroom.

Gun drawn from his hip, he walked slowly and quietly towards Stella.

ENJOY THE REST AT Kevin's Books
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by itsandi(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Friday The 13th- The Haunted Mansion / Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time / The Cyber Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.