Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly (41862 Views)

Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? / Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Help Union Bank Unjustly Terminated My Appointment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by gbelEko(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2015
NetBizguy:
Official crimes in every office in Nigeria.

meanwhile why call a fellow Junk? there are other better ways to tell us there performance weren't up to expectation. learn that today.

am yet to come up with my own issue with ECOBANK Soon. watch out!
Stanbic IBTC Bank is next to be exposed.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Raymysterio(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2015
Helkayklassic:
We've heard from UBA, FCMB and now Access...Which bank do u think is next?

Lets wait and see.
Stanbic IBTC is The Worst. I wonder why no one have mentioned them...
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Acidosis(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2015
We expect too much from people

Always evaluate documented terms and policies. When you're employed as a DSA, do not take the job simply because you FEEL you'll be elevated to a FULL STAFF.

These banks recruit every second. Are you aware some are about completing the Access bank training? Training is still ongoing and now they're already engaging job seekers with a so called 10minutes tests. Meanwhile, some are awaiting result, others - medical tests.

Recruitment process has suddenly become a tool for staying relevant in the system. Rather than pay the media for adverts, they'll rather compose some openings whilst engaging some 100,000 unemployed, whereas, they need less than 1%.

Count your losses and move on. iPad should be your least priority now, bro. An average iPad is still less than N100,000 (less than 2weeks 'salary' of full staffs in some banks, and organisations).

Move on, and explore with the experience garnered...
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by sleekysol(m): 11:32am On May 21, 2015
FOR THE TWO QUOTEES BELOW IF AM ALLOWED TO USE THAT WORD I SAY TO YOU BE CAREFUL HOW YOU UNDERMINE SOMEONE ELSES' PAIN. THAT YOUR OWN EMPLOYMENT SITUATION IS FAVOURABLE DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL ENFORCE OTHERS TO ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY. YES I RAISED EYE BROW TO THE ANONYMITY OF THE OP BUT IS HE SAYING ANYTHING THAT IS NOT THE TRUTH?
IF ACCESS BANK ARE SO CONFIDENT OF THEIR CONDUCT LET THEM COME OUT WITH ANOFFICIAL STATEMENT. THESE PRIVATE SECTORS ARE PREYING ON THE YOUTHS YET THEY CLAIM THESE YOUTHS ARE NOT QUALIFIED, THE PLACE PHONY JOB OPENINGS ON SOCIAL MEDIA WITH PHONY JOB REQUIREMENT BECAUSE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMET IS DOCILE. SOME ONE RIGHTLY SAID YOU CANT EXPECXT CHANGE IN A COUNTRY WHERE THE YOUTHS ARE ECONOMICALLY OPPRESSED. WHAT WE ARE BREEDING IS A CARNIVAL OF MADNESS, A CIRCUS OF SOUGHT BUT A BLOODY CIRCUS IT WILL BE. NIGERIA SHOULD WAKE UP AND SAVE ITS YOUTH FROM PERIL.

P.S I wrote in capitals to really portray my mood as i am typing this response.

elookoo:

You spoke my mind. I had to read the ops post again, he stated at the beginning that they were recruited through various outsourcing firms......that is one of the reasons the salary is small, outsourcing firms are out to make profit so they will not pay the exact amount the bank is paying them. I think the people to blame is your outsourcing firm not access bank.
from all the op posted he has no grouse with acess bank but with himself and the society which makes things like this possible,the op is just one of the tens of millions of Nigerian youths who faces unemployment and underemployment. I have had to leave my salary for employers twice cos they were not willing to pay and I had to move on. that you are being owed your allowances or incentives is not enough to start degrading your employer, cos you never mentioned in your post that you are owed salary, even FG dey owe its workers allowances.

SORRY BRO, ITS THE REALITY OF BEING A NIGERIAN GRADUATE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by bayulll01(m): 11:35am On May 21, 2015
ichidodo:
You can't blame the banks...Just as you can't blame cattle feeding on grass...We just have too many intellect lazy graduates loitering about,you must let the banks feed.

Sometimes is better u shut up,you are going senile and stupidity is affecting ur life
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by rigarmortis: 11:44am On May 21, 2015
kingstylo01:
computer business center

wish you goodluck.

that's not my line, we would hv reasoned together.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by bablononi(m): 11:49am On May 21, 2015
chimkaire:
cheesy
Abi naaa, if person complain too much for bank sef, na security go bundle d person out shapaly grin grin grin grin cheesy
On top person money oooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
abi the queue weh u join before u complain unko?
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by bablononi(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2015
bayulll01:

Sometimes is better u shut up,you are going senile and stupidity is affecting ur life
shocked shocked
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Shaunscot(m): 11:51am On May 21, 2015
@OP

I share your sentiments on a couple of things, unfortunately not all.

I am not a fan of bankers and Access Bank ranks way up on my hate list.

It's no news that Access Bank is a slave driver. From their recruitment process with a 2 year bond to the 10 accounts you must open with deposits.

I however do not agree with OPs notion that they should be given iPads after they have left the bank.

There are terms and conditions before you sign a contract. Do we even bother to read these? Some companies clearly state that you lose some benefits once you are no longer in their employment. This might be the case.

Another point about the lazy ones getting all the credit. There is something called luck. If you happened to be in the group with the best person in the crew and that person left, Im sure you wouldnt be complaining.

That said, its sad what our labour market has turned propective employees into. They accept anything, some even go months without being paid and are still grateful for having a job.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Nobody: 11:54am On May 21, 2015
bablononi:
abi the queue weh u join before u complain unko?
grin Abi oooooooooo embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by zheroes(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2015
Ishilove:
There are two sides to every story. Let us hear from the side of the bank before concluding.

am sorry you dont need to hear the second side. he is saying the truth, i was once in that line. they will use, drain and dump you. when doing such jobs your eyes have to be outside.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by rightthing276: 12:19pm On May 21, 2015
Shaunscot:
@OP

I share your sentiments on a couple of things, unfortunately not all.

I am not a fan of bankers and Access Bank ranks way up on my hate list.

It's no news that Access Bank is a slave driver. From their recruitment process with a 2 year bond to the 10 accounts you must open with deposits.

I however do not agree with OPs notion that they should be given iPads after they have left the bank.

There are terms and conditions before you sign a contract. Do we even bother to read these? Some companies clearly state that you lose some benefits once you are no longer in their employment. This might be the case.

Another point about the lazy ones getting all the credit. There is something called luck. If you happened to be in the group with the best person in the crew and that person left, Im sure you wouldnt be complaining.

That said, its sad what our labour market has turned propective employees into. They accept anything, some even go months without being paid and are still grateful for having a job.
Actually, that's a wrong perspective, we are not talking of future benfits but rather, we talking of Benefits they should have gotten because they stayed long enof till the time it was suppose to be disbursed. It was suppose to be given in six months buts was given A year later, and most of them who were denied it stayed long enough to qualify. Meanwhile, The co-perate world doesn't believe in luck, if they did, they would not give new staff fresh Targets, rather, they will just let them continue from where an old retired staff stopped

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by kingstylo01(m): 12:24pm On May 21, 2015
rigarmortis:

wish you goodluck.

that's not my line, we would hv reasoned together.
thanks bro.

If i may ask, whats your line?
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 21, 2015
It seems its a compulsion to sit in airconditioned cubicles suited d pay not withstanding. As I play with my phone, post comments here and there, I get people to subscribe to a platform I have bn earning from since march. With only N3,000 subscription and inviting others to do same, you get paid to your nigerian bank account every two weeks. Nothing more! Stop punishing yourself for nothing. We are in an information age.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Fixed: 12:43pm On May 21, 2015
The energy you guys put into the job was enough to make you your own bosses! I doubt if Dangote put in as much energy to get his business stabilized.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by rightthing276: 12:53pm On May 21, 2015
oyeludef:
try sending this to linda ikeji blog as well.
what's the procedure pls?
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by afanide: 12:57pm On May 21, 2015
kingstylo01:
See the way Nigerian graduates are suffering..

Later they'll say slavery has been abolished..

My advice to bank contract staffs (and to all graduates): startup a business, no matter how little it is, and be your own boss. I know the country is hard, buh beleive me you, reduce your expenses and save a lot. Startup something and stop being a slave to those banks!

Hustling to be ma own boss. God see me through ma hustle.

That has always been my problem with most of our bankers. They feel secured in their Jobs thereby neglecting other sources of income.

No matter the little you earn, learn to start up something else.

Banking Jobs are the most INSECURED in Nigeria. You can be laid off anytime without prior notice.

You can consider Importation business. It's very lucrative, does not require your time, and you can start with just 20k.

If you reside in Port-Harcourt and would like to start up Importation Business, you can call me. I will mentor you through every process.

Betterstill, there is a Thread in Business section about Importation Business. You can follow it up.

I dont deal with aliexpress, alibaba, DHgate, taobao, 1488, etc. I Buy my goods from a Korea company because they charge less for shipping $5.5/kg, They have a Branch in Lagos, and their Items are of High Quality.

If you are not in Port-Harcourt and you have interset/serious about starting Importation, it wont cost you anything to come for the training because it is for your Befenit.

Check it out http://www.smartinternetbiz.pw/nath.htm

Nathaniel
afanide.nathaniel@gmail.com
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by cnonyechi(f): 1:25pm On May 21, 2015
Same thing happens in spectranet d merchandisers do all d work and are still d least paid
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 21, 2015
sleekysol:
FOR THE TWO QUOTEES BELOW IF AM ALLOWED TO USE THAT WORD I SAY TO YOU BE CAREFUL HOW YOU UNDERMINE SOMEONE ELSES' PAIN. THAT YOUR OWN EMPLOYMENT SITUATION IS FAVOURABLE DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL ENFORCE OTHERS TO ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY. YES I RAISED EYE BROW TO THE ANONYMITY OF THE OP BUT IS HE SAYING ANYTHING THAT IS NOT THE TRUTH?
IF ACCESS BANK ARE SO CONFIDENT OF THEIR CONDUCT LET THEM COME OUT WITH ANOFFICIAL STATEMENT. THESE PRIVATE SECTORS ARE PREYING ON THE YOUTHS YET THEY CLAIM THESE YOUTHS ARE NOT QUALIFIED, THE PLACE PHONY JOB OPENINGS ON SOCIAL MEDIA WITH PHONY JOB REQUIREMENT BECAUSE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMET IS DOCILE. SOME ONE RIGHTLY SAID YOU CANT EXPECXT CHANGE IN A COUNTRY WHERE THE YOUTHS ARE ECONOMICALLY OPPRESSED. WHAT WE ARE BREEDING IS A CARNIVAL OF MADNESS, A CIRCUS OF SOUGHT BUT A BLOODY CIRCUS IT WILL BE. NIGERIA SHOULD WAKE UP AND SAVE ITS YOUTH FROM PERIL.

P.S I wrote in capitals to really portray my mood as i am typing this response.

what are you talking about, did you read my post well? I don't derive joy in his pain, just stating the obvious, he got employed by an outsourcing agent, why blame acess bank?
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by willsofsteel: 1:51pm On May 21, 2015
DeMeaNing sONS oF MorTals
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Tpsworld: 2:04pm On May 21, 2015
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by mikolo80: 2:25pm On May 21, 2015
Pavore9:
Taking advantage of fellow Nigerians but feeling very comfortable paying CNN millions of dollars for Adverts! So sad. angry
cnn na investment dsa na liability
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Pavore9: 2:40pm On May 21, 2015
mikolo80:
cnn na investment dsa na liability

The DSA seen as liability are the foot soldiers bringing in the accounts!
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by burningspear(m): 2:46pm On May 21, 2015
DivineU:
@rightthing276, what moral right do you have to call people junk heads? Do you think you are better than them or are you part of the HR team that appraised or assessed them? You should really work on your character and learn how to respect your colleagues.

I read his narrative. While I feel his pain on the sad experience of his brief engagement with Access Bank, we may need to see the perspectives from the looking glass (since there is no available argument from the bank side).

Observations from his narrative:

1. In-between his service, the bank reduced his salary by 12.5% for health insurance - shows the bank did not consider health of the DSAs before putting them on the pedestal - evidence of gap in the HR role;
2. The bank increased targets without increasing incentives - shows the bank leadership tends towards task-oriented style;
3. The bank delayed payments - again shows the bank may not be people-oriented;
4. The bank should pay any accrued dues to the DSAs
4. etc

But I find the @OP lacking on the behavioural balance.

1. The @OP received bad treatment from the bank (sadly) which informed his departure, but does his leaving make him more superior to 'the junk heads' that patiently stayed? - The @OP may need to review his ego and how he see others;
2. The @OP is a hardworking man. But does his super-star achievement within this period in this project depreciate the inner value of the 'the junk heads'? - Humble yourself;
3. Many organizations prefer disciplined and detailed personnel to the arrogant type. Why do applicants hide their arrogance during interviews?
4. Teachings on discipline and perseverance have continued to teach us to be patient in long suffering. But the @OP left. ”Having done all….stand.” There are times when that's all you need to do. Be guided.
3. Did the @OP address his grievance to the management of the bank? His narrative does not show he did. Instead the @OP chose the online media to accuse Wigwe et al (the management the Bank), of lacking integrity!

@OP, you will get another job soon (if you are still searching), but learn to mix your skills with humility and patience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by shoixy27: 3:19pm On May 21, 2015
I think Contract job should be stop in Nigeria, this will be a major solution to most of the job issues we are facing.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by OXLANDOWN: 3:20pm On May 21, 2015
As a former staff of Access Bank , there used to be a common saying amongst my colleagues that Access will HIRE you, TIRE you and RETIRE you.

I must confess that you get a lot of training there , But be sure you will be unjustly retired someday.We all have a story to tell and eventually this will be their down fall as it is not sustainable.

The Middle line management deceive top management a lot because they at the top love hearing stories of exaggerations.

Thank God I left .Phewwwwwwwwwwww grin .

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by oyeludef(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2015
rightthing276:
what's the procedure pls?
send her a mail. View her profile in blogger and you will see d option of email
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by sparkleboy(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2015
help3852:
Behold most of the complaints about banks are with DSA.

If you are taking a DSA job, just know what you are taking and do it for experience. don't stake your future there.

If you don't like the terms please reject the offer.
Always ensure that every agreement is properly documented.

If you go to court you may still lose, if you have no signed documents backing your claims.

Nigerians should learn to reject some job offers no matter how financially incapacitated you are.
Else these greedy organizations will continue to prey on you.

My point exactly why we need a legal section here on Nairaland, Seun
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by rigarmortis: 4:00pm On May 21, 2015
kingstylo01:
thanks bro.

If i may ask, whats your line?

exportation of raw materials, kolanuts, charcoal, gall bladder, etc, any one of them in season.

I have a regular 8 to 4 job, that's my side job but sometimes you can make 3 times your salary from a single deal.

the thing is that I am in Abuja now, and have to transport these things to laahos with virtually no free time, too many middlemen who will like to be paid handsomely just to transport or do little things I would have done myself if I was in lasgidi.

look iinto the biz, its quite good, if you can get ready buyers, anyways that's my major side biz, I am looking to branch out to more to other kinds, multiply your sources of income, you know, but your I idea is not my kinda line, even when I was in school.

3 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by rightthing276: 4:30pm On May 21, 2015
burningspear:

I read his narrative. While I feel his pain on the sad experience of his brief engagement with Access Bank, we may need to see the perspectives from the looking glass (since there is no available argument from the bank side).

Observations from his narrative:

1. In-between his service, the bank reduced his salary by 12.5% for health insurance - shows the bank did not consider health of the DSAs before putting them on the pedestal - evidence of gap in the HR role;
2. The bank increased targets without increasing incentives - shows the bank leadership tends towards task-oriented style;
3. The bank delayed payments - again shows the bank may not be people-oriented;
4. The bank should pay any accrued dues to the DSAs
4. etc

But I find the @OP lacking on the behavioural balance.

1. The @OP received bad treatment from the bank (sadly) which informed his departure, but does his leaving make him more superior to 'the junk heads' that patiently stayed? - The @OP may need to review his ego and how he see others;
2. The @OP is a hardworking man. But does his super-star achievement within this period in this project depreciate the inner value of the 'the junk heads'? - Humble yourself;
3. Many organizations prefer disciplined and detailed personnel to the arrogant type. Why do applicants hide their arrogance during interviews?
4. Teachings on discipline and perseverance have continued to teach us to be patient in long suffering. But the @OP left. ”Having done all….stand.” There are times when that's all you need to do. Be guided.
3. Did the @OP address his grievance to the management of the bank? His narrative does not show he did. Instead the @OP chose the online media to accuse Wigwe et al (the management the Bank), of lacking integrity!

@OP, you will get another job soon (if you are still searching), but learn to mix your skills with humility and patience.
This issue was brought to public notice after about 365 days, That is to give you an idea of how long we shouted without being heard. You Have no idea. You points are noted though.thanks
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by mattonnairaland: 4:49pm On May 21, 2015
That bank will use and reuse your destiny away.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by mattonnairaland: 5:00pm On May 21, 2015
Too bad, really bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Gets Sacked For Fraud After Wife Testifies In Church Of His New Mansion / He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him / My Salary Bank Statement In Kogi For 2015 & Last Promotion Letter (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.