Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,089 members, 7,845,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa (55262 Views)

" Our President Is Rulling Us With NEPA BILL As Certificate"- Lere Olayinka / If I Hear! See How Nigeria Will Look If Buhari Finishes With Nepa (photo) / Photo: See What Will Happen The Moment Buhari Finishes With phcn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by sojihandsome: 1:51pm On May 21, 2015
He will only do his best and leave, So lets hold on for his Best and hope all will be fine to the citizen satisfaction.
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by Kessyy2k4(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2015
OP, wu tell u say every nija city looks like this untill getto& slum in Nigeria record 1 complete year of uninterrupted power supply, then i know we are serious,, otherwise we r still doing cartoon!
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by Coldfeets: 1:54pm On May 21, 2015
I wish him all the best.
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by abtmaviz(m): 2:08pm On May 21, 2015
I pray xo
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 21, 2015
na so!!!
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by virus04(m): 2:34pm On May 21, 2015
dridowu:
ds will be a dream come true
but as at now i expect buhari and his team to increase power supply to minimum of 12-15hrs per day nationwide if they can't guarantee 24/7 power supply

mumu..sheyb e go soon enta
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by omarhlichanwa: 2:47pm On May 21, 2015
I sure say na malaria dream dey worry all of una,mstwsssssssssss! For over one month now no light and nepa hz brought dia fuckin bill...una dey hear dey kor bullshit!!!! Anywaz,buhari,#still waiting fr d miracle change
Aminat508:

Who thinks this will ever be?
http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2015/05/photo-when-buhari-finishes-with-nepa.html?m=1
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by dridowu: 2:47pm On May 21, 2015
virus04:

mumu
..sheyb e go soon enta
@bolded, pls send my greetings to those that brought you up in such manner
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by mattonnairaland: 3:29pm On May 21, 2015
We can't wait o.
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by BabaNath(m): 3:49pm On May 21, 2015
Spaxon:
u must be a member of MFM
For where. I dey fear to date dem babes sef. They can fire anything. Your dp tho tongue
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by riczy(m): 4:08pm On May 21, 2015
buhari my manest man
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by loomer: 4:11pm On May 21, 2015
The earlier una wake from the dream wey una de dream the better.
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by MabraO: 4:19pm On May 21, 2015
Op must u use foreign pix to bothress ur point
Must happened to nigerian streets?
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by wonda26(m): 5:26pm On May 21, 2015
titus3:

Nigeria doesn't generate "GW" of electricity, if we did we won't be complaining at all, I believe you meant MW.
Bro...you fall my hand cry
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 21, 2015
TooNoisy:
That cannot happen in 4 or 8 years. The city of New York consumes 200GW of electricity. We generate just 3GW in Nigeria.

Moving from 3GW to 200GW doesn't happen in 8 years. Let us start by trying to achieve 45GW which is what is generated in South Africa. Even that is a tall order in 4 or 8 years. Fixing power cannot happen overnight. If we can get to 12MW, which means more Nigerians can have access to electricity and for a little longer than now, then he would have tried.
my dear its possible we just need to change certain policies and allow state to generate and distribute their power and I believe that is what GMB govt will do. They we also decentralized power and build generating plant close to its gas supply. My dear it can happen even under 2yrs
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by TooNoisy(f): 6:51pm On May 21, 2015
Drfresh0909:
my dear its possible we just need to change certain policies and allow state to generate and distribute their power and I believe that is what GMB govt will do. They we also decentralized power and build generating plant close to its gas supply. My dear it can happen even under 2yrs

All your proposals make sense but cannot be done in two years. Let us look at it critically.

Allow States to generate and distribute power. Do you think it is that easy? Where would the states get money from? 1,000MW costs about $1 billion and it would take about 4 years to bring on board. Where would the northern states get gas from? Most of the Southern States are not near Gas supply. What is the price of this gas supply? What kind of contracts are they and who guarantees these contracts?

Finally, how do you transmit the electricity to all parts of the country? TCN can only transmit 5GW at best. They need about $8billion to increase that to 20GW. About $20 billion to transmit 40GW. Do you think Nigeria can afford this? And do you know how long it takes to construct these lines and substations? Only DisCos can distribute power so states cannot just go generate and start supplying power unless the privatisation is reversed which would cause another pandemonium.

Rome was not built in a day and its not that easy. Buhari targets increasing generation to 12GW. That is about the best he can achieve realistically.

1 Like

Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by Spaxon(f): 8:38pm On May 21, 2015
BabaNath:
For where. I dey fear to date dem babes sef. They can fire anything. Your dp tho tongue
lol
grin
dem fit fire anything
even ur toothbrush grin
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by frank043(m): 9:26pm On May 21, 2015
titus3:

Nigeria doesn't generate "GW" of electricity, if we did we won't be complaining at all, I believe you meant MW.

3GW=3000MW. TooNoisy is correct.
Re: Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa by blackknyte(m): 11:21pm On May 21, 2015
TooNoisy:
That cannot happen in 4 or 8 years. The city of New York consumes 200GW of electricity. We generate just 3GW in Nigeria.

Moving from 3GW to 200GW doesn't happen in 8 years. Let us start by trying to achieve 45GW which is what is generated in South Africa. Even that is a tall order in 4 or 8 years. Fixing power cannot happen overnight. If we can get to 12MW, which means more Nigerians can have access to electricity and for a little longer than now, then he would have tried.

Very informed write. And objective also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) / Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police / Tinubu Tells FG To Pay Relief Funds To Households Through BVN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.