Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,178 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Marriage Within / Outside The Tribe, Who Is To Blame - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Within / Outside The Tribe, Who Is To Blame (689 Views)

Prostitutes And Their Clients : Who Is To Blame ? / "He Is Ugly But Has Money" - Funny Twitter Story: Who Is To Blame? / In Pictures: The Tribe Most Nigerians Belives Have Ugly Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Within / Outside The Tribe, Who Is To Blame by kyrianken(m): 2:50pm On May 21, 2015
STEP OUT, GUYS

Most times, l hear people say “Igbo people like marrying themselves”, some even go further to say Anambra guys are the “ my Mama said ” people but my issue is, Is there any tribe who do not love to Marry from their own. Am from Anambra, worked a bit in Lag before l gained admission in a federal University in the South-South, served in Rivers, currently reside in Ph and hav stayed in the North a bit (saying all these not to show off but to let u know l hav seen the three Nigerian tribes and currently lives above tribal restrictions). Using myself as an example, even before my last relationship break-up (My X left to get married, though Igbo) my parents gave me free hands to choose from any tribe, the only condition been that she MUST be a Christian, ( I hav never dated an Anambra Babe). I hav friends of both gender who cuts across different tribes, funny as it sounds out of my wonderful female friends God blessed me with, I have found two very interesting and compatible so l did the right thing by asking them out ( at different times like 7 Months apart. One is Edo and the other Yoruba) but to my surprise they both refused, their reason been that am Igbo, is far and their people love them to marry from their tribe.
Note these two ladies do not stay in same City, l met them at different places, occasions etc and we hav not had any level of intimacy though we spend good times together, funny enough my parents welcomes her ( the 1st) and she shows lots of admiration for my parents yet she does not want to hurt her people.
As for me, my fingers ar crossed and l recall telling one “I may never wait forever” cos she always insists wait, lets just remain friends etc. Please am not lacking in female friends but l talk of who is compatible with me. My call to all who feel is only Igbos that do this to hav a rethink and to our Youths please is time to live outside the tribal restrictions and believes. When my real woman comes she wl not care about the tribe but the personality and I trust God for the right person whether Igbo or not
Re: Marriage Within / Outside The Tribe, Who Is To Blame by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 21, 2015
Nice Topic for discussion... As for me am a Yoruba guy but I see myself as a Nigerian but not in way will like to marry a Yoruba Lady even if she loves me; the reason being I don't naturally like Yoruba Ladies. But I will like to marry an Igbo girl if I come to meet one the reason being I just Love them naturally. And if in any case the first Igbo I had love to marry say No all because of Tribe then I will forward my application letter to Korea or better still Latino.
Re: Marriage Within / Outside The Tribe, Who Is To Blame by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 21, 2015
Nice Topic for discussion... As for me am a Yoruba guy but I see myself as a Nigerian but not in any case will i like to marry a Yoruba Lady even if she loves me; the reason being I don't naturally like Yoruba Ladies. But I will like to marry an Igbo girl if I come to meet one the reason being I just Love them naturally. And if in any case the first Igbo I had love to marry say No all because of Tribe then I will forward my application letter to Korea or better still Latino.

(1) (Reply)

15 Funny Reasons Why You Are Still Single / 10 Golden Keys To Make A Happy Marriage / Hello Guys Meet The 10 S3xiest Yoruba Actresses That Will Make Your Day – Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.