Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim (17228 Views)

My Life Is In Danger – Man Who Rescued Kidnap Victim In Lagos Laments / Military At Benin-Agbor Forest To Rescue Margaret Emefiele / I Benefited N65,000 From My Uncle’s Kidnap; Send Me To Prison – Suspect Begs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by UncleSnr(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2015
@PoliceNG

Rev. Louis Nebo

The family of an Anglican Church cleric, Rev. Louis Nebo, says policemen attached to the Anti-Kidnapping Squad of the Enugu State Police Command demanded N65,000 to rescue the man of God from the kidnappers’ den.

It was learnt that N15,000 of the sum had allegedly been paid to the operatives before the kidnappers contacted the family, demanding N10m ransom.

Louis, 57, was reportedly kidnapped by some masked gunmen around Umumba Ndi Uno in the Ezeagu Local Government Area of the state last Saturday.

The pastor, who lives in Aguobu Umumba, was said to be returning from a meeting at a neighbouring community around 5.30am on the fateful day when his captors ambushed him.

Our correspondent learnt that the reverend’s wife and a member of the church were with the reverend in his car when the gunmen struck. The eight-man bandit reportedly took the pastor into the bush along the road. .

Speaking with PUNCH Metro on Wednesday, the victim’s son, Ebube Nebo, said there was no progress on the rescue of his father since the abduction was reported to the police. He added that the family was devastated by the cops’ request.

He said, “He was coming from his hometown in Obinofia Ndi Uno with my mother and her friend when he was kidnapped. They had gone for a community meeting. We reported the incident to the police.

“They initially requested N20,000 for mobilisation, but we paid N15,000. They told us that they would go on a rescue mission and left in our presence. When there was no success, we went back to them. They are now demanding N50,000 to track the phone number of the kidnappers, who had called us to demand N10m ransom. We do not have the money.

“They (kidnappers) even allowed him to speak with us on the phone and he said he was inside a thick bush. Just last month, he paid N500,000 ransom for the release of one of his junior pastors who was kidnapped.”

Ebube’s mother, Mrs. Charity Nebo, said her husband had made a U-Turn on sighting three gunmen from afar, but his escape mission was stalled by other members of the gang, who surfaced from the bush and warned him not to move.

She said, “There were three men standing on the road. They wore masks and were armed with guns. We decided to turn back. As we made a U-turn, we saw other members of the gang pointing guns at us. They chased us out of the car, collected the car key and our phones. They escaped through the bush with the my husband.”

Charity implored the captors to release her husband, adding that the family did not have money to pay the ransom.

She said, “I believe in God that we are worshiping. He will protect and safe him. Personally, I don’t have any money. The kidnappers should be merciful and release him unconditionally.”

A relative of the reverend, Mr. Madoka Okoli, also said the policemen collected N15,000. He added that the family was not ready to make any further payment and urged the police authorities to arrest the kidnappers.

He said, “The policemen promised to comb the bush after collecting the money, but there was no progress. They are supposed to do their job based on the information we have provided, but it is quite unfortunate that they are still demanding N50,000 from a family that is already traumatised.”

The Enugu State police Public Relations Officer, Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed the abduction.

He said the command had not relented in its effort to free the pastor and round up the kidnappers. Amaraizu urged the family not to pay money to any security operative, noting that the police should be provided with information that could assist in tracking the captors.

He said, “I am aware that frantic efforts are in place to get out the victim unhurt and alive and the efforts did not include payment of any money to security operatives under any guise. However, effort should be made to enable us to know those behind this act.”
http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/policemen-demand-n65000-to-rescue-kidnap-victim/
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by loomer: 6:36pm On May 21, 2015
Police self de collect their own ransom

12 Likes

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 21, 2015
Ccc
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by UncleSnr(m): 11:15pm On May 21, 2015
What pains me more is that I know this family very well.

cc: lalasticlala

Update:

He has been released: https://www.nairaland.com/2330797/kidnapped-priest-released-son

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by eazisky(m): 11:19pm On May 21, 2015
lolz, salvation is free but u have to buy bible,

police operation is free but u have to fuel their car to help u find ur kidnapped victim, shikenan grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by tola9ja: 11:37pm On May 21, 2015
POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND AND STILL DEMAND THAT HUGE AMOUNT

NO WONDER THEY NO GET SIX PACK

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 21, 2015
oga dnt waste ur money on police

my uncle can help

he's a native doctor with GPS and works with 3G

check my signature for pin

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Sijo01(f): 11:38pm On May 21, 2015
Hehehehe, Police is your friend
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by boolet: 11:39pm On May 21, 2015
I assume they are simply asking for ransom. You know police are petty, I mean cheap. Na dem kidnap am.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by UnknownT: 11:40pm On May 21, 2015
Lol. Part of the ransom money. They should just wire #9,935,000 to the kidnappers telling them they had paid given police their share of the ransom
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 21, 2015
[b]On January 2015, my brother was kidnapped.
Nigerian police is inept and a bunch of low life destitutes!!!
That was a very difficult moment for me...
I can imagine what this family is passing through.
The funny thing was that my brother's kidnappers were hausa/fulani men (despite the fact he was kidnapped in delta state)... They spoke hausa to each other (according to my brother)

They tied my brother up and left him in the bush for 4 days. Every morning, they would give him a phone to call us... he would call, crying and begging for help....

WE PAID ABOUT 200K IN TOTAL TO POLICE AND SSS BUT THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING.
THE police asked us not to pay the ransom but on the 3rd day, we couldn't take the pressure anymore and just had to cough out a whooping sum of 5 million.... my brother was released on the 4th day.

After the ordeal, the policemen demanded for 60k in order to "settle debts they incurred in line of investigation".... i wept bitterly for this country!!!!.... of course, we were told to deny we paid any ransom!!!
#truelifestory

[/b]

67 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by demmy0325(m): 11:41pm On May 21, 2015
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by pure2012soul(m): 11:42pm On May 21, 2015
In this case, commenting my reserve is a better strategy undecided
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 21, 2015
This is sad. I hope this matter gets to higher police authorities; those policemen need to be purged from the police force.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 21, 2015
But the federal government has always disbursed funds for such operation to the Nigerian police.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by veekelz(f): 11:43pm On May 21, 2015
embarassedIts goin 2 be well 1 day
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by PreciousBro: 11:43pm On May 21, 2015
Azin, Seriously!!! To this point ?

Abeg make I laugh small today. These unbelievable news cropping up here and there about pastors and Reverend.

Running a temperature on these news lol
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by pTomz(m): 11:44pm On May 21, 2015
not surprised

they might even b ones holding d victim undecided
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:44pm On May 21, 2015
K
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by An2elect2(f): 11:45pm On May 21, 2015
In this case...and in most cases involving the Nigerian police is useless.

There is no assurance that her husband will be rescued even if she pays anyway.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by slimderek(m): 11:46pm On May 21, 2015
Nigeria I hail thee
You would be great someday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by PreciousBro: 11:46pm On May 21, 2015
And our police though ? gringringrin
Epic dribble'rs!!!
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by PreciousBro: 11:46pm On May 21, 2015
grin
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by peacebaba: 11:46pm On May 21, 2015
Make dem go pay police the moni nah. Atleast it's far lower than the ransom. Naija police scamming citizens since 1931.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Aroh48(m): 11:47pm On May 21, 2015
Naija police,the best in the world.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by kings09(m): 11:49pm On May 21, 2015
grin Fuel no de....
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by mkoabiola: 11:50pm On May 21, 2015
police wan fuel deir pickup wit 50K
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Rexnegro(m): 11:52pm On May 21, 2015
The most useless organization in the world is NPF ..they re very very useless in all ramifications

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 11:54pm On May 21, 2015
People need to be properly orientated. These officers who will carry out this investigations will not spend their salary in carrying out activities. They will require to get call logs of every number that has been used in contact the kidnaped persons family, MTN/airtel/glo/etisalat won't just give it to them without court order and these court orders aren't signed for free just as getting does calls logs arent either. They'll need a tracker to track and detect the locations of these criminals. Other processes are involved and I could go on and on explaining.

If you have a case with the police and it's as sensitive as a kidnap case, you'll be prepared to spend money for police activities, period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by yomalex(m): 11:56pm On May 21, 2015
What
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by comfy16(f): 11:57pm On May 21, 2015
boolet:
I assume they are simply asking for ransom. You know police are petty, I mean cheap. Na dem kidnap am.
you just talk my mind
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by publicenemy(m): 12:00am On May 22, 2015
Putting their lives on the line for 65k...

The family should pay and let them go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Drug Dealers Drown In River Niger While Trying To Evade Arrest / Herbalist Who Impersonates Baru, Adesina Arrested By EFCC (photo) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Man In Nasarawa State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.