Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,910 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim (17383 Views)

My Life Is In Danger – Man Who Rescued Kidnap Victim In Lagos Laments / Military At Benin-Agbor Forest To Rescue Margaret Emefiele / I Benefited N65,000 From My Uncle’s Kidnap; Send Me To Prison – Suspect Begs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 8:00am On May 22, 2015
holluwai:
Tell you father that raised you without manners what investigation is. I won't trade words with you because you don't match my average, once again nitwit.

People who first abuses other people's parents usually are raised by thugs as Parents. I SMH for your Rotten Family. Slowpoke. I'm out!! tongue
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by dominique(f): 8:03am On May 22, 2015
publicenemy:

I don't know what it is..but am sure his life is worth more than 65k, so if 65k will boost the moral of the police men let them pay and get it over with

And what if they don't have the money? They should steal What's the use of the tax you pay if it cant be used to keep you secure in your own environment? Other countries solve more complex crimes with high tech equipment with no charge. It's people like you that let's corruption thrive in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by danbrowndmf(m): 8:13am On May 22, 2015
icebeatz:
[b]On January 2015, my brother was kidnapped.
Nigerian police is inept and a bunch of low life destitutes!!!
That was a very difficult moment for me...
I can imagine what this family is passing through.
The funny thing was that my brother's kidnappers were hausa/fulani men (despite the fact he was kidnapped in delta state)... They spoke hausa to each other (according to my brother)

They tied my brother up and left him in the bush for 4 days. Every morning, they would give him a phone to call us... he would call, crying and begging for help....

WE PAID ABOUT 200K IN TOTAL TO POLICE AND SSS BUT THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING.
THE police asked us not to pay the ransom but on the 3rd day, we couldn't take the pressure anymore and just had to cough out a whooping sum of 5 million.... my brother was released on the 4th day.

After the ordeal, the policemen demanded for 60k in order to "settle debts they incurred in line of investigation".... i wept bitterly for this country!!!!.... of course, we were told to deny we paid any ransom!!!
#truelifestory

[/b]
jezz.shocked never knew u were passing through all this.sad.....5million.shocked no wonder u have much hatered 4dem, sometimes i even prefer arm robbers than police.sad

my condolence bro...
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Horlufemi(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2015
We don't have police. we have legit armed robber who go about arresting unregistered armed robbers and torture innocents or call innocents armed robbers
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by ocelot2006(m): 8:22am On May 22, 2015
bigerboy200:

Those ones will ask for 500k straight up..no shame

Actually no. If there's one service thats not that compromised, thanks to the high level of scrutiny its service men and women go through, it's the DSS. This kidnap case wouldve been resolved a long time ago with ABSOLUTELY ZERO DIME paid.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Gud1(m): 8:51am On May 22, 2015
Its bad image for the police to demand money from the family.

Many question come to mind when police act this way?

1. Are they been funded properly? Police vehicles supposed to be full tank with fuel because at any given time duty will call. But you find out that until when a complain made before the complainant will pay money for fueling the vehicle.

2. In terms of appearance, if you see some neat police men you you admire the job. But some complain they kits themselves.

We pray the new government will make the police more friendly.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by PStacks(m): 8:53am On May 22, 2015
icebeatz:
The funny thing was that my brother's kidnappers were hausa/fulani men (despite the fact he was kidnapped in delta state)... They spoke hausa to each other (according to my brother)

They tied my brother up and left him in the bush for 4 days. Every morning, they would give him a phone to call us... he would call, crying and begging for help....

THE police asked us not to pay the ransom but on the 3rd day, we couldn't take the pressure anymore and just had to cough out a whooping sum of 5 million.... my brother was released on the 4th day.

After the ordeal, the policemen demanded for 60k in order to "settle debts they incurred in line of investigation".... i wept bitterly for this country!!!!.... of course, we were told to deny we paid any ransom!!!
#truelifestory

[/b]

So very sad..

Good news is...

Buhari is around. May 29th baiby.... Can't wait for all this evil banished in our father land.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by kenoz(m): 8:53am On May 22, 2015
Hmmmmmm. Naija police and their dubious acts! *Mobilization fee *Who are they mobilizing ?

1 Like

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by publicenemy(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2015
dominique:

And what if they don't have the money? They should steal What's the use of the tax you pay if it cant be used to keep you secure in your own environment? Other countries solve more complex crimes with high tech equipment with no charge. It's people like you that let's corruption thrive in this country.

Dude this is Nigeria wake up... Am not saying its good,but when the life of a loved one is on the line you do anything to deal with...if you don't give them they may just be dragging their foot and in the end you will regret it... Am a realist.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by lionshare: 9:13am On May 22, 2015
I remember sometime in 2013 my car was stolen right in front of my house, when I went to the nearest police station to lodge a complaint I had to cough out 5k for them to radio the incident to all other stations in the state.

Upon paying that 5k and buying recharge cards for the officers there, absolutely nothing was done about it.

Fortunately, some officer from another station came to my house after a week to inform that he found my car after an ordeal with some armed robbers. Also that he has been trying to reach the station where I paid 5k but they have refused to answer him! I had to pay 50k at the new station and it later turned out that the car as abandoned on the road because the steering locked.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by win1234: 9:14am On May 22, 2015
My Rev is back, released without money ransome but that paid by our Lord Jesus on the cross, Daddy your people waiting on you to conclude the 14days program they started with you.. nnoo sir
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 9:17am On May 22, 2015
holluwai:
I bet you didn't take your time to read my comment very well and yes it's because I have a very close relationship with officers is the reason why I can explain all these.

The money isn't bribe, it will only be used to facilitate investigation and carry out all other activities, you don't expect this officer whose salary is not near 40k/month to spend it on carrying out investigation.

If you can reason well with you, I've given a brief but well explained reason(s) why the money is requested/required.

It's not bribe once again.

I wanted to ask you if you are retarded but my religion won't let me ask you. You said the money isn't bribe? Is their a receipt for the money? In whose account is the money going to? Is there a guarantee that after paying the money 65k, he will be rescued alive? How are we sure after paying 65k today, they won't be ask to pay 100k tomorrow? Why am I paying over 3k as tax every month to the federal govt? Is that how they pay 65k in western countries? What am I even saying, is that how they pay 65k in Ghana and togo? So who is really Collecting the ransom? The police or the kidnappers? Its people like you that are destroying this country... You are a f###ing policeman..

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 9:25am On May 22, 2015
Knowledge is wisdom.

You wouldn't dare ask if I'm slow man and just to reiterate it I am not a policeman. What baffles me is if you find it hard to comprehend my initial and subsequent responses to this post or you're just playing ignorant.

Carry out a little research on your own, ask questions about who will be responsible for monies spent during all these investigations and all, it's a logical thing my friend. These funds aren't readily available for officers to carry out these activities by government. Will you spend your salary on anything official? I mean it's just plain to see.

I won't dispute facts about bad eggs amongst the force but it doesn't mean all of them are the same and that money used for carrying out investigations cannot be regarded as bribes. You to see how much success these officers make when it comes to kidnap cases, a lot of the kidnap victims are released without paying ransom and a lot of these criminals are arrested.

In a nutshell, do a little research, talk to people, listen more and talk less. Thanks.

tobimillar:

I wanted to ask you if you are retarded but my religion won't let me ask you. You said the money isn't bribe? Is their a receipt for the money? In whose account is the money going to? Is there a guarantee that after paying the money 65k, he will be rescued alive? How are we sure after paying 65k today, they won't be ask to pay 100k tomorrow? Why am I paying over 3k as tax every month to the federal govt? Is that how they pay 65k in western countries? What am I even saying, is that how they pay 65k in Ghana and togo? So who is really Collecting the ransom? The police or the kidnappers? Its people like you that are destroying this country... You are a f###ing policeman..
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Adaezeagu(f): 9:31am On May 22, 2015
Na hausa/fulani dey terrorise delta state now.
icebeatz:

#truelifestory

[/b]
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by hahn(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2015
fr3do:

Then why do I pay tax? angry

To increase the pot bellies of top police officials

Good job

But that dude you quoted must be living in another dimension

1 Like

Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Adaezeagu(f): 9:44am On May 22, 2015
Is very easy to know a hausafulani man. They have been robbing and kidnapping people in delta state anyhow.
mu2sa2:
Your people kidnapped your brother and you're blaming hausa/fulani! Your kidnapper brethren were smart enough to utter a few words in a language not theirs to confuse you. Truth is, kidnappers and armed robbers are having a field day in the south.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Nobody: 9:47am On May 22, 2015
holluwai:
Knowledge is wisdom.

You wouldn't dare ask if I'm slow man and just to reiterate it I am not a policeman. What baffles me is if you find it hard to comprehend my initial and subsequent responses to this post or you're just playing ignorant.

Carry out a little research on your own, ask questions about who will be responsible for monies spent during all these investigations and all, it's a logical thing my friend. These funds aren't readily available for officers to carry out these activities by government. Will you spend your salary on anything official? I mean it's just plain to see.

I won't dispute facts about bad eggs amongst the force but it doesn't mean all of them are the same and that money used for carrying out investigations cannot be regarded as bribes. You to see how much success these officers make when it comes to kidnap cases, a lot of the kidnap victims are released without paying ransom and a lot of these criminals are arrested.

In a nutshell, do a little research, talk to people, listen more and talk less. Thanks.

You wrote well BUT you didn't answer any... ANY of my questions
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2015
Well I've done the best I could.

tobimillar:

You wrote well BUT you didn't answer any... ANY of my questions
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by whatofyou: 10:01am On May 22, 2015
I hope the the right government bodies are carefully monitoring this thread. embarassed
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Kenmoris22: 10:15am On May 22, 2015
People need to be properly orientated. These officers who will carry out this investigations will not spend their salary in carrying out activities. They will require to get call logs of every number that has been used in contact the kidnaped persons family, MTN/airtel/glo/etisalat won't just give it to them without court order and these court orders aren't signed for free just as getting does calls logs arent either. They'll need a tracker to track and detect the locations of these criminals. Other processes are involved and I could go on and on explaining.

If you have a case with the police and it's as sensitive as a kidnap case, you'll be prepared to spend money for police activities, period.
(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by klevjey: 10:15am On May 22, 2015
holluwai:
People need to be properly orientated. These officers who will carry out this investigations will not spend their salary in carrying out activities. They will require to get call logs of every number that has been used in contact the kidnaped persons family, MTN/airtel/glo/etisalat won't just give it to them without court order and these court orders aren't signed for free just as getting does calls logs arent either. They'll need a tracker to track and detect the locations of these criminals. Other processes are involved and I could go on and on explaining.

If you have a case with the police and it's as sensitive as a kidnap case, you'll be prepared to spend money for police activities, period.

is it suppose to be so??
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by Kenmoris22: 10:16am On May 22, 2015
So what is there duty then
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by klevjey: 10:18am On May 22, 2015
hadizasaf:

Its easy to curse and slam the police
Please walk into mtn one day and ask to track a number,they charge about 40k for that with proper court order.
The officers who will comb the bush will eat fuel their van bribe informants and also guard againt saboteurs
You nailed it my guy but it really hurts to read from educated Nls abusing policemen without adequate info
Believe me 65k is too small for the operation and no state Cp has dat kind of cash in his allocation

r u a policeman? if u know u can't do d job, YOU SIMPLY RESIGN..serving ur country is not by force
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by holluwai(m): 10:19am On May 22, 2015
Well the system is bad and they're left with little or no choice.

klevjey:

is it suppose to be so??
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by klevjey: 10:31am On May 22, 2015
holluwai:
Common sense! Common sense!! Common sense!!! Just so you know I am not a policeman but I've got a lot to do with them so I see their struggle. Try to get first hand knowledge about things so you won't just jump into baseless conclusions and name callings.

I dare you to call a SARS operative that to his face, don't let me tell you what will happen. grin tongue

not everyone was born on planet earth...some were born in Jupiter..I dare that SARS operative to come to Agbor...his grave would be just 1 foot..
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by klevjey: 10:33am On May 22, 2015
kelechiodo:

He is not a fool dear. He is telling you the reality. We are not happy with it but that what is happening. We all hope that one day we will witness the ideal situation where police work without demanding a kobo.

he isn't... but u are
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by klevjey: 10:34am On May 22, 2015
mu2sa2:
Your people kidnapped your brother and you're blaming hausa/fulani! Your kidnapper brethren were smart enough to utter a few words in a language not theirs to confuse you. Truth is, kidnappers and armed robbers are having a field day in the south.

musa...abo ki
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by netmillionaires(m): 10:52am On May 22, 2015
Raymondenyi:
I really don't believe in abusing people because their opinion sounds rediculously foolish; but rather to educcate them as they re obviously crssly ignorant... I wanna educate u a little.... Do u know the NPF is funded, by the federal budget? Now for the 2015, physical year; for transportation; the police got about 5.89 billion for overhead cost, and maintanance ; with the IGP; arguing dat will be barely enough to setle their needs; so my question for u is, how and where are all those money used?

@ topic; I have been involved in seeking release for colleagues; and the police which was our 1st point of call demanded 250k, now that wasnkt a guarantee; cus after d money was paidj we still met brickwalls, absolutely nothing came out, d police ate the money n went back to their slumber(afterall it wassn't their family member)... But I'll want to mek us introspect; the problem with the NPF; is same dat resonates around every sphere of Nig. We as nigerians care less about anthing we believe doesn't affect us directly, as evident by vaarious commentss here..we don't even read; the NPF, is poorly funded, no one cares, the NPF personnels, are annoyingly underpaid, no one cares! (After all it doesn't affect us).... Yes it won't; but somepersons will definitel need their services! And those persons will definitely pay for the complacenc of others!!! When poor decisions re made b our leaders, we are d ones to bear the brunt; thuss the onus lies on us to hold them accountable....

I created a thread, somewhile ago; detailing an open letter I wrote to the IG ; regarding the embarrassing trend of NPF n mobilization fee; but nobody commented; perharps, it didn't affect them... Now we can see for ourselves...

My hopes: I pray buhari comes onbord, and implement this state n community police systems; hopefull dat will give a headwa...
Some things baffle me about this nigeria. I was in kano sometime ago and while coming back from church, we saw some army personnel standing beside a military van. One of the army personnel approached our car and flagged us down. We stopped and the next thing we heard was 'Oga abeg plz can u spare us something? We need some money to make ends meet.' we just get 2k and gave it to them. I was pleased with them because they were polite unlike some that will force u to bring out the money at gun point. It still baffles me why such a security outfit could be so under-funded that they couldn't fund their vans. Yes! It is wrong for all this security outfit to be collecting money from the public for jobs they were paid to do. The 1st time I went to log a complaint and was told to drop some money, I started thinking when did the police force become a profit making organization... Policemen are supposed to have state of the art equipment; trackers, computers etc. Just a call to their CRT unit should be enough to start tracking mobile lines. Why should police go to get a paper from the court and then head to telecom company b4 doin anything?... Where do we start from?
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by player007(m): 12:07pm On May 22, 2015
[quote author=holluwai post=33980593]I bet you didn't take your time to read my comment very well and yes it's because I have a very close relationship with officers is the reason why I can explain all these.

The money isn't bribe, it will only be used to facilitate investigation and carry out all other activities, you don't expect this officer whose salary is not near 40k/month to spend it on carrying out investigation.

If you can reason well with you, I've given a brief but well explained reason(s) why the money is requested/required.

It's not bribe once again.

[/quote

Facilitate not bribe right? And what is the tax payers money ment for? Incase you have forgotten let me remind you that the Motto of the Nigerian police is to Serve and Protect. See all this only happens in Nigeria and it shouldn't be encouraged.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by UncleSnr(m): 2:25pm On May 22, 2015
jbravado:
i bu onye obinofia ndi uno
Nope but knew him when he was in Achi.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by princewealthzoe: 2:57pm On May 22, 2015
The high police is the most corrupt
cnario:
This is sad. I hope this matter gets to higher police authorities; those policemen need to be purged from the police force.
Re: Policemen Demand N65,000 To Rescue Kidnap Victim by jbravado(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2015
UncleSnr:
Nope but knew him when he was in Achi.
issorite...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RRS Asks Lagosians To Come And Claim Their Missing Cannabis. / Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri / Lagos: Woman Drags Hubby To Court For Inserting Pepper Into Her Private Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.